Helen Anderson #30 Helen ADHDerson

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I forgot Helen existed till she popped up on my feed today showing off a clothes haul, didn’t realise she’d lost so much weight these days. I’m confused though because I saw in the comments she said she wears a size 10?! She doesn’t look like a 10 on the bottom 🤔 I’ve just had a baby and wear a size 12-14 and look like the same as her on the bottom (not the top because I’m breast feeding so could knock myself out if I jumped up and down without a bra on)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I forgot Helen existed till she popped up on my feed today showing off a clothes haul, didn’t realise she’d lost so much weight these days. I’m confused though because I saw in the comments she said she wears a size 10?! She doesn’t look like a 10 on the bottom 🤔 I’ve just had a baby and wear a size 12-14 and look like the same as her on the bottom (not the top because I’m breast feeding so could knock myself out if I jumped up and down without a bra on)
Yes I think Helen has her own concept of sizing. Agree she’s lost weight but not a 10, much like she wasn’t a 14 last year

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don´t know how gyms work in the UK, but where I´m from you disinfect everything after and/or before you use it anyways, there are lots of bottles of disinfectant and tissues are basically at every corner. But I do have to admit that wearing no underwear under your gym clothes is a whole new level of disgusting, why do people do that??
i’m in the UK and in the gym i go to there’s disinfecting bottles & tissues but i bet a lot of people don’t use them. i do, but i also wear underwear under my gym gear because i’m not a total cretin

Reactions: 13
Yes I think Helen has her own concept of sizing. Agree she’s lost weight but not a 10, much like she wasn’t a 14 last year
I feel you. Wanted to comment but don't think it's generally good practice to comment on peoples weight but duck me, hearing her say she was a size 10, made me almost feel bad about my own weight. She isn't a 10 and that is not a problem. I just don't think it is ok to lie about these things, I assume she probably has younger viewers who are gonna have a warped sense of what size is if they watch her and believe her.

Sorry that was a long ramble..

Reactions: 16
I feel you. Wanted to comment but don't think it's generally good practice to comment on peoples weight but duck me, hearing her say she was a size 10, made me almost feel bad about my own weight. She isn't a 10 and that is not a problem. I just don't think it is ok to lie about these things, I assume she probably has younger viewers who are gonna have a warped sense of what size is if they watch her and believe her.

Sorry that was a long ramble..
Exactly this! if she was a size 14 last year, which is what I am now, I’m looking at her and thinking is that what I really look like?! It’s very triggering

Reactions: 6
Is it not selective sizing? Like in stretch jersey fabric or plisse I’ve got clothes in 10 and 12, but in a satin fitted dress I’d be a 16 or more. I don’t tell the world I’m a size 10 just cos those specific clothes fit me.

remember when she was 3 stone heavier and still said she could fit in size 10/12. There is no standard sizing. This is why declaring your clothes size for the sake of a try on video is RIDICULOUS AND STUPID.

Reactions: 17
Is it not selective sizing? Like in stretch jersey fabric or plisse I’ve got clothes in 10 and 12, but in a satin fitted dress I’d be a 16 or more. I don’t tell the world I’m a size 10 just cos those specific clothes fit me.

remember when she was 3 stone heavier and still said she could fit in size 10/12. There is no standard sizing. This is why declaring your clothes size for the sake of a try on video is RIDICULOUS AND STUPID.
Yeah exactly, I can fit into an 8 all the way up to a 16. Sizing is not standard at all. I just don't get why you would lie to your audience in that way when your brand yourself on authenticity.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yeah exactly, I can fit into an 8 all the way up to a 16. Sizing is not standard at all. I just don't get why you would lie to your audience in that way when your brand yourself on authenticity.
Because as with everything Helga does, she is anything but authentic - perhaps it’s time for a rebrand.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
How tall is she? I thought she was very short and I 100% would not be surprised if she actually was a size 10 on the bottom to be honest. It looks so different on different heights.

Reactions: 8
I range from a size 36 to Size 40 EU (size 8-12) depending on the brand, cut and style. I recently bought a pair of jeans in a size 40 and my other jeans from the same brand in size 38 are actually bigger lmao. So I can only agree with what´s already been said about sizes. I´m of average height but curvier than the models depicting the clothes online, yet I still fit the same size they are wearing because they are a good 10-20 cm taller than me (it could also be that the clothes on the models are cinched in but whatever). So in regards to Helen her height could definitely play a role for which sizes she fits. Though as a whole I find it dumb to focus so much on standard sizing, since, well, it´s not really standard anyways

Yes probably! My mum does this, she’s about a size 18 but is obsessed with sizing and buying smaller sizes just to say that’s her size and buys something that’s meant to be oversized in a small just to tell people she’s a size small 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Yes probably! My mum does this, she’s about a size 18 but is obsessed with sizing and buying smaller sizes just to say that’s her size and buys something that’s meant to be oversized in a small just to tell people she’s a size small 🙄
I think this is the root of the issue right here. I'm sure none of us really give a tit about what size Helen is because, as most of us know, every size is valid and beautiful. It's not a matter of what jeans she fits in but the fact that, by always striving to fit into the smallest size and broadcasting her weightloss online, she is contributing to the idea that smaller is always better, more desirable. She has a complex about weight and body image that she imposes on her large (ish) audience. Instead of acknowledging that we all fluctuate sizes depending on brand, cut, even color, of clothing, she opts to flaunt the smallest size she fits into without mentioning all the other sizes that exist on the spectrum that fit her body. Shes probably a 10-14 depending on the brand, but does not highlight anything that beyond the smallest number on that range. Helen's ego contributes to the worst narratives in fashion.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think this is the root of the issue right here. I'm sure none of us really give a tit about what size Helen is because, as most of us know, every size is valid and beautiful. It's not a matter of what jeans she fits in but the fact that, by always striving to fit into the smallest size and broadcasting her weightloss online, she is contributing to the idea that smaller is always better, more desirable. She has a complex about weight and body image that she imposes on her large (ish) audience. Instead of acknowledging that we all fluctuate sizes depending on brand, cut, even color, of clothing, she opts to flaunt the smallest size she fits into without mentioning all the other sizes that exist on the spectrum that fit her body. Shes probably a 10-14 depending on the brand, but does not highlight anything that beyond the smallest number on that range. Helen's ego contributes to the worst narratives in fashion.
Exactly this - beautifully put!

Imagine how much more relatable and interesting she’d be if she made more of a thing about how sizing fluctuates / shops sizing is always totally different, instead of just trying to force herself into a smaller sizing bracket every time and cutting off a whole other audience who would actually enjoy her being more authentic.

Imagine how much more relatable and interesting she’d be if she made more of a thing about how sizing fluctuates / shops sizing is always totally different, instead of just trying to force herself into a smaller sizing bracket every time and cutting off a whole other audience who would actually enjoy her being more authentic.
Cutting off her blood circulation while she's at it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Obviously she won’t ever do this - here come the “size ten” try on hauls!

Reactions: 4
Why does she pull these stupid faces?

IMG_0703.png

---
Fringe still looks tit

IMG_0704.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.