Helen Anderson #21 Helen Blanderson

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Um if you all want a special treat you should go to 29 mins into that video - she’s left in the end clip in error and she’s just posing silently for like a year right at the end, terrifying
I think she’s done that on purpose. She’s probably desperately refreshing the thread to see if were talking about the video. I think she likes to feel like she’s trolling the ‘trolls’.

Reactions: 14
Has Helen promoted her new video or did she forget? I unsubbed to the channel so I didn't even know until I saw this thread, even though I saw her IG story today.

Reactions: 10
I'm here on tattle so I'm not here to criticise but I am genuinely intrigued...

Has that video made any of you from the Helen threads regretful for things you've written or think about what you write going forward? Here or on other threads?

Genuine question!

Reactions: 7
Has Helen promoted her new video or did she forget? I unsubbed to the channel so I didn't even know until I saw this thread, even though I saw her IG story today.
Same here, it’s because it was mentioned that I got curious and checked.

Reactions: 4
Omg can anyone clip the 29 min bit please i’m trying to watch it on YouTube but it’s crashing on that bit! 😂

Reactions: 7

Has that video made any of you from the Helen threads regretful for things you've written or think about what you write going forward? Here or on other threads?

Genuine question!
I‘ve not watched the video apart from that last minute at the end but I’m guessing what she‘s said is just a repeat of stuff she’s said before about Tattle, her mental health etc. Also guessing she isn’t actually quitting YouTube.

In answer to your question, no I don’t regret anything I’ve said on any of the threads on Tattle. I‘m pretty measured and I don’t think I’ve ever said anything I wouldn’t be happy to say to someone's face.

I understand that it can’t be pleasant reading for anyone who has a thread on here (unless it’s a rave thread) but they don’t have to come here and read it, they are choosing to do that. There is a massive difference between people posting about you on a forum and them going into your comments to abuse you, even though a lot of influencers love to try and make out that its the same thing. Most of the people with threads on here are problematic - there are loads of content creators who never get a mention because they’re just doing their controversy free thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Genuine question!
I haven't seen the video but assuming she talks about Tattle so yes, to be entirely honest. I think it can be easy to get swept up in criticism and not realize there is a person behind the discussion. I personally avoid in engaging with some topics on this thread as I think they're a bit much. I also think sometimes I've made unfair assumptions and comments that I regret posting to this thread. It is someone's life and I know I would find it so hard to function knowing there's a forum like this out there about me. You don't have to look but like... you would.

Do I regret being here in general though? Not really. I began posting here however because I was just so frustrated with her attitude, she was my fav creator and someone I looked up to for many years and it just began to feel like she didn't give a tit about any of her followers. The irresponsible attitude towards the pandemic, the meanness and rudeness to followers, the annoying loud persona, the low effort content... these are things that people have tried to bring up in a kind way but we were just treated in a hostile rude manner or blocked. I feel guilty sometimes but then she refuses to take responsibility for her actions and I just get more fucked off seeing her brought up by people I enjoy as a 'fav creator'. It feels like the only place I can speak openly about my frustrations is here.

Youtubers don't owe us tit but acting like people are nasty for asking questions or criticizing your bad behaviour when you share every single detail of your life online, down to your pubes, is just sheer arrogance. Literally, I don't think I'd be here if she tried to own up to her actions genuinely or had some sort of meaningful dialogue - we all make mistakes but at least pretend you give a tit about the people who look up to you.

tldr of long post: Yes, sometimes I regret it but I feel very frustrated and often annoyed by Helen's behaviour and there is nowhere else to express this emotion lol

• Heart
Reactions: 29
If you think her frozen face is cringe, go see her and phil’s Oscar winning acting for her sky ad.
Prefacing this by sayingI’ve not watched her YouTube vids for months so I missed her Cornwall vlog but off the back of that reel it looks like she stayed at the campsite I went to when I was in Cornwall, practically looks like the same pitch. If it is, the looks she’d have got for that tent and her set up. All families and couples properly camping, couple of caravans. It’s cheap as chips, family run and suuuper basic - I can’t imagine hearing Helen’s grating voice booming across the site

Reactions: 12
What said about Tattle is nothing she hasn't said before. Just be prepared for her minions to coming here and defending her.

Her saying she wasn't sure if she enjoyed her trip to Cornwall doesn't sit right with me. Do they realise how lucky there were to even have a holiday. So many people have lost they're jobs due to COVID or can barely afford to pay rent etc, here she is complaining that it was too crowded. Is it only a holiday if you go overseas?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
What said about Tattle is nothing she hasn't said before. Just be prepared for her minions to coming here and defending her.

Her saying she wasn't sure if she enjoyed her trip to Cornwall doesn't sit right with me. Do they realise how lucky there were to even have a holiday. So many people have lost they're jobs due to COVID or can barely afford to pay rent etc, here she is complaining that it was too crowded. Is it only a holiday if you go overseas?
Crowded? She went to Cornwall in the summer.
Next time, try Nairn in winter.

Idiot

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Crowded? She went to Cornwall in the summer.
Next time, try Nairn in winter.

Idiot

And that she didn't know it was going to be crowded until her friends told her. I live on the other side of the world and I even knew that..

Reactions: 13
I haven't watched Helen's content for ages now as she's just about young enough to be my daughter but bloody hell - Phil? I thought that Mark was rather nice but as PPs have said, he was too good for her.

Those undie pics, I'm a size 14/16 and wowzers, they looked so uncomfortable and the bras hugely unsupportive even if you have an A cup, which I'm guessing that Helen has? I once showed my brother Helen's bikini shots from a previous holiday in Turkey and he complemented her so maybe she's floating some guys' boats?

Reactions: 3
It's clear she thinks shes always right and still isnt acknowledging the elephant in the room. The divorce she even said youve seen all my boy friends, the wedding was the time that started her personality change and btw when the thread about her started it was basically a rave thread until the wedding. So it wasnt a gradual change and people just dont accept she grew up, something happened drastically and she seems like she hasn't really acknowledged that yet.

She also hasn't acknowledged that she has been rude and done bad to others on and off camera and that goes around it doesnt just disappear.

Reactions: 14
The bit where helen said "they say I've put on so much weight that I couldnt possibly be a size 14 and I'm lying about it." (Paraphrasing) was a little sad to listen to... I think a lot of people have put on weight during lockdown. She seems to have taken it as people criticising her weight gain which is saddening since she already seems to have disordered thoughts around food. But from what I'd gather the whole point is not showing you've gained a size or talking about it is shaming gaining weight and implying it's something to lie about. Its kind of difficult to see criticism as it is when you project your insecurity on to and turn it into a point about something that upsets you. I think tattle is the equivalent to complaining about someone when they arent around to hear it. Hurtful to read, yes but if noone said a bad or critical word about anyone else it's kind of implying everyone should think the same things are acceptable which just isnt reality.

I also think body/food issues are obviously a personal thing that you dont need to air to people but it's kind of performative to constantly say "I'm a size 14." I mean I dont know if she still is or isnt but it cant feel nice to squeeze into old clothes after gaining weight to proof a point and would only feed negative thoughts surely? I also think personally I wouldnt be able to avoid looking at a gossip site about me and you usually dont have the option to read someone opinion about you and filtering it out must be hard. BUT it is one of the downfalls of internet jobs and considering they get paid an obscene amount for free stuff and the work that is done. It's a negative just like any job has negatives and she should figure out a coping mechanism for not reading here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
I don't agree with everything posted here, so I won't engage with everything. For example I generally won't get involved in discussions about people's appearance, only their behaviour and actions. I also don't consume Helen's content any more because I don't enjoy it and I'm fed up with seeing that kettle.

I can see why some of the topics here would be really upsetting to read about, but why would you go out of your way to see what people are discussing with regards to your content? Also 'trolling' is when you provoke someone for a response/ intentionally upset them. No one here is commenting on Helen's videos or Instagram, this is a separate forum so isn't trolling. It's OK not to like or agree with what people are saying about you, but you can't expect everything to be an echo chamber of praise all the time, especially when you're breaking lockdown restrictions/ saying irresponsible things/ doing gross stuff like wearing shoes on your bed and not washing your hands after using the bathroom.

I stand by my previous points that Helen;
Drives dangerously
Behaved in an abhorrent way during lockdown/ restrictions
Has terrible hygiene
Is part of a band with more than merch than songs
Makes some questionable decisions (the desk, badmouthing Josie, various content ideas)
Doesn't make enjoyable content any more (obviously that's my opinion and some people are still loving it)

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.