Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

microwavequeen

Chatty Member
Long time lurker here..I've accidentally become addicted 😅. I only joined to stop myself becoming a YouTube troll..but the latest vlog just got me baffled. Am I right in thinking she's actually paying nearly a grand for her (likely short-term) boyfriend to have a workshop in HER garage, hiring a van, driving for hours to London to get it, and then he tells her she's not allowed to get food on the way back 😂 Is her next tattoo going to be 'twat' written right across her forehead?!

And why are her little sycophantic fans so quick to defend her lack of hygiene and care in general..I made a comment asking why she bought a mask and doesn't wear it and it's all 'yOu DoNt HaVe To WeAr ThEm EvErYwHeRe'..like sure I'm sure she's much more likely to spread covid in her back garden than in fucking IKEA 😩
omg please tell me you were the noah fence 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I get why it could seem totally unacceptable for him to suggest she just wait to have another meal when they get home, but when you really think about it it doesn't seem so unreasonable to me. She didn't just have porridge, she also had several other snacks (and that's what she's admitting to) PLUS she's been pretending she's trying to get her shit together and stopping to get fast food is quite self-destructive towards that end.
Yeah it's not unreasonable she's constantly stuffing her face. It is kind of like he's saying stop being a fattie. But why does she insist on asking for permission when she is an adult? I find her behaviour in relationships so weird - Freud would have a field day with this one (#daddyissues).

• Haha

insectoverlords

I am actually shocked Lucy&Yak would do this, for two reasons:
1. Plenty of ethical/low waste influencers to partner with who are more their target audience in regards to style anyway
2. A lot of their stuff is sold out constantly at the moment, supposedly due to supply chain/delivery delays, the limited releases are going for 3x the normal price on Depop... do they seriously need more exposure right now!!
(Long time lurker first time poster)
I feel the same, I really love Lucy&yak but I'm so disappointed with some of the influencers they're deciding to send stuff to at the moment, and I'll selfishly say that with such a strong cult following getting any of the limited editions is a nightmare on it's own without needing further PR, if they were meeting demand I'd deal with the fact that they're a company like any other and it's a positive thing that they're getting more popular but what is the sense in this when half your website is out of stock.
but yeah great without Helen I'd have no idea how to wear a pair of black dungarees.

• Haha

Jesuschristo

VIP Member
The most ridiculous thing is we all SAW that there were more people there than should have been, I don’t understand why you tubers get so butthurt when people call them out on shit? It’s like they genuinely don’t think they can be criticised in any way and anytime they are it’s ‘bullying’ or ‘trolling’

stop being cunts and there won’t be a problem?!
People like Lucy Wood who exist in a similar vein to Helen, to me, seem pretty unproblematic and don’t seem to have any serious questioning on these kind of sites (correct me if I’m wrong) and it just shows that there’s a reason the dickheads get commented on.

Lunamoon22

VIP Member
Shes even said shes always seen herself as a single mum. Just proves shes not arsed whos the daddy as long as she gets a baba
Oh please, let’s not encourage her, she pulled out the racist sombrero because she saw we were all talking about it - let’s not get her to pull out a trap spawn from the depths of her crusty flap hole 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Totally agree with all the comments here re the half assed BLM discussion and cancel culture. If you've got nothing we'll researched to say or even from first hand/second hand experience then it's completely fine to say you don't truly understand but you stand against any form of racism and commit to learning more to make this world more inclusive and balanced.

I dont feel like there was a time that it was acceptable to use black face as a form of comedy post-1950s 'in society'. It seems like Helen lives in a world of status. Depending on said person's status = how much they can get away with. No Helen. Just no.

That's also what people are fighting against.

Status and money should no longer be an excuse for shitty ignorant behaviour. Its not ok and I would hope if I was to post black face jokes online (no matter how famed or rich I was) that I would be called out on it whether in 2000s or in 2020 or beyond. There are a plethora of subjects that we can use to include all in humour its not excusable at all.

Her behaviour confirms that she did not digest the plethora of BLM posts she put on her insta and stories and only posted to appear progressive and informed. Poser.

I think it's a beautiful thing to admit this is an ongoing learning curve for most and I am here for it and I hope and try to increasingly become informed on black lives injustice (including how their history has been smothered and re-written). I am still incredibly in the dark which is a strength to acknowledge!! Sorry for long winded post it just get's me riled!!

• Heart

Pingping

I have a friend very similar to Helen, constantly needs to have a boyfriend / attention from any man, will literally go home with anyone after a night out just so she gets some attention, changes herself completely to fit whichever boy she is “seeing” at the time.. so much so she took up smoking and got a tattoo to try to keep one guy once who just wanted to be friends... I don’t think behaviour like this is right at all, and there must be some underlying mental health issue to be like this!! I don’t get Helens (or my mates) constant need to be with someone, just be single for a while 🤦🏻‍♀️ Jeez

Emmapism

VIP Member
Exactly. Where is the apology for this?

I don't agree with cancelling people either. I do agree with personal responsibility and not dodging criticism by calling people 'haters' or 'trolls'

Somethingnew

While I’m at it does anyone else really cringe at the transitions in her instagram tv videos? The little hops or the chin flicks like at the start of this new Lucy and yak... just really makes me itchy!!!

Like why does she have to jump.... it reminds me of the pink elephant sequence in Dumbo for some reason...

• Haha

microwavequeen

Chatty Member
The what I wear hiking video has enraged me enough to make a tattle account in order to rant about it. She said that the down coat gives her the heebie jeebies, so why did she buy it?! That was a conscious decision to buy a down coat, I know that Rab make synthetic coats in a similar style because I have one!

She really is all about the brands isn’t she? Most people who are familiar with outdoor brands know that The North Face are much more of a fashion brand now rather than a technical brand.

If anyone reading this is actually interested in hiking, check your local TK Maxx because they sometimes have Montane clothing (actual decent technical clothing) discounted.
Welcome! You're not alone, we've all been enraged enough to come here

Emmapism

VIP Member
What are we posting that's discriminatory? She had more people around than she should have. I read books and listen to podcasts. I'm educated. A lot of us are 😂

We are allowed to have an opinion about someone who puts their bits (quite often literally) out there for people to see. Some of us have commented on Helen's videos in the past. The comments either got shouted down or deleted 🤷 So here we are.

You know shite all about us because we don't post every moment of our lives online. So I don't see how you could generalise about anyone on here. At least comments on Helen are about shit she's actually y'know, POSTED.

Apparenttroll

Wow, you're invested
Not invested as such, just a sleepless night, but thanks 🤦🏼‍♀️

I’m just tired of influencers constantly crying troll all the time who clearly have a problem, then getting their flock to sing to the same tune.

Have to agree that Mark seemed genuinely nice and lovely, and actually good looking. This new guy seems like an ugly leech, and have to agree with the comments above that she treats all her boyfriends like kings even when they treat her like shit.

The latest bikini pic :oops::oops: if you have put on weight during lockdown fine no judgement but why does she need to show everyone rolls hanging over her bikini it just doesn’t look very attractive, she could of got a nice swimsuit to wear with her headscarf and she would of looked cute, but no she has to have every ounce of flesh showing and tries to do sexy poses 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow