Health anxiety #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That what my GP said! I thought mine was hard and not moving but she said it was soft and moveable.

Where abouts is yours located? Mine was lower inner (about 4'o clock)
Yeah she has also written that on my notes which I guess is reassuring.

Ah mine is the opposite (which I think is why I’m more worried as I know it’s a common place for cancerous lumps). It’s on the outside towards my arm pit.

Yeah she has also written that on my notes which I guess is reassuring.

Ah mine is the opposite (which I think is why I’m more worried as I know it’s a common place for cancerous lumps). It’s on the outside towards my arm pit.
It's also the most common place for a fibroadenoma (benign boob lump) in the under 35's!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It's also the most common place for a fibroadenoma (benign boob lump) in the under 35's!
This makes me feel better, I didn’t know that. Thank you.

Honestly my mind is just constantly going to worst case scenario right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
She said it doesn’t feel hard and it feels moveable so she suspects it isn’t anything to worry about but it’s best to get it checked.

Which is weird cos to me it does feel hard but then it’s the only one I’ve ever felt so what do I know ha

I also know you can’t really tell anything from just feeling it so I’m glad she referred me for a scan.
I also have large boobs so it’s hard to decide what’s a lump or not. I’ve been twice to GP and both times they said it was just a fatty lump and one Dr said make make sure I don’t use my fingertips to feel for lumps. She also said it’s only if you can’t get over it or around it that there’s a concern. I’m in my 50’s now and you didn’t get referred so much when I was in my 30’s. So I wasn’t referred.

I’ve always had anxiety over my lumpy boobs. But I was chosen as part of a research programme to have a mammogram at 47 instead of 50 and then moved dr’s and was chosen again at 48! So I’ve now had 4 mammograms which have all been fine and so I’ve lost my anxiety around it now.

I’m sure you will be fine. I think they’re more cautious nowadays and refer everyone even if they’re not overly concerned

• Heart
Going to sound nuts but I feel like I’m getting weird ‘signs’ and I know this is ridiculous but…

The book I was reading the person found a lump and got breast cancer. The tv show I’m watching, one of the cast just announced they had been diagnosed with breast cancer. My audio book just had a character die from … you guessed it, breast cancer.

I know it’s mad to make those associations but my brain immediately goes ‘the universe made you choose those things to read/watch/listen to as signs’.

this is a thread on health anxiety so if I’m going to share my irrationality I may as well do it here 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Going to sound nuts but I feel like I’m getting weird ‘signs’ and I know this is ridiculous but…

The book I was reading the person found a lump and got breast cancer. The tv show I’m watching, one of the cast just announced they had been diagnosed with breast cancer. My audio book just had a character die from … you guessed it, breast cancer.

I know it’s mad to make those associations but my brain immediately goes ‘the universe made you choose those things to read/watch/listen to as signs’.

this is a thread on health anxiety so if I’m going to share my irrationality I may as well do it here 😅
Here to put your mind at ease! They are not signs for something serious being wrong...you're worried about it and your brain will automatically pick up on it and link them together! It's exactly the same as when you get a new car, all you see are the cars you've just purchased 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Here to put your mind at ease! They are not signs for something serious being wrong...you're worried about it and your brain will automatically pick up on it and link them together! It's exactly the same as when you get a new car, all you see are the cars you've just purchased 😂
My rational brain knows this, but each time it’s happened my irrational brain just goes into overdrive.

Very much wish I could make it shut up 😅 but thank you that helps to know I am being insane

I am seriously spiraling right now. I have suffered from health anxiety for years now after seeing more and more young people diagnosed with cancer on social media etc. Since January I have been having bad headaches, almost daily. I have an appointment at a neurologist in June but I have convinced myself it's a brain tumour. I'd like to think if it was that then I'd be having a lot more symptoms by now given it's been 5 months but then my brain is convinced that it's something sinister Then I think to myself I'm probably encouraging my headaches by constantly thinking about it and focusing on them which in turn is making them worse. Anxiety is such a vicious circle isn't it. I've also had a sore throat since last weekend and I've somehow convinced myself that it's throat cancer. It's exhausting :(

• Heart

Every single time I am fixated and worried about a particular illness I get the "signs" too.

When I was waiting for my breast appointment and ordered a new bra. What was on it? Only the breast cancer awareness symbol. I could have cried haha. But I was fine!

It's called "Magic thinking" - you aren't going crazy lol.

But these aren't signs. It's your brain making connections about the thing you are worried about as your brain perceives it to be a threat. It's a survival mechanism in overdrive!

It's not the universe giving you a signs.
---
I am seriously spiraling right now. I have suffered from health anxiety for years now after seeing more and more young people diagnosed with cancer on social media etc. Since January I have been having bad headaches, almost daily. I have an appointment at a neurologist in June but I have convinced myself it's a brain tumour. I'd like to think if it was that then I'd be having a lot more symptoms by now given it's been 5 months but then my brain is convinced that it's something sinister Then I think to myself I'm probably encouraging my headaches by constantly thinking about it and focusing on them which in turn is making them worse. Anxiety is such a vicious circle isn't it. I've also had a sore throat since last weekend and I've somehow convinced myself that it's throat cancer. It's exhausting :(
That sounds really tough!

There are all manner of benign things it could be rather than a tumour! Chronic headache can be linked to deficiencies, certain medications, dehydration, stress and anxiety!

I believe a brain tumour would absolutely have more symptoms than just a headache. Especially after 5 months.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Every single time I am fixated and worried about a particular illness I get the "signs" too.

When I was waiting for my breast appointment and ordered a new bra. What was on it? Only the breast cancer awareness symbol. I could have cried haha. But I was fine!

It's called "Magic thinking" - you aren't going crazy lol.

But these aren't signs. It's your brain making connections about the thing you are worried about as your brain perceives it to be a threat. It's a survival mechanism in overdrive!

It's not the universe giving you a signs.
---

That sounds really tough!

There are all manner of benign things it could be rather than a tumour! Chronic headache can be linked to deficiencies, certain medications, dehydration, stress and anxiety!

I believe a brain tumour would absolutely have more symptoms than just a headache. Especially after 5 months.
You're right, it's just our brains fixate on the worst case scenario don't they. It's exhausting :(

It's so exhausting and only those of us in the throw of it can really understand. If you scroll back I was having exactly the same things. i never get headaches and suddenly I got one that would not disappear. No over the counter medications would even touch the sides of it. Thankfully I am in the US and we get scans and stuff really quickly (you pay a crazy ton for the privilege!). I had an MRI and got the all clear and miraculously within minutes of the results my headache went and never returned! Which my husband said all along would happen. Headaches can be for sooooooo many reasons. Allergies, dehydration, menopause, back or neck being out, food reaction and most importantly ANXIETY!. My Dr actually told me, headaches are not generally the first sign of a brain tumor, especially without other symptoms like loss of balance, blurred vision etc. Please try and keep calm and know that it's most likely nothing. Harder said than done I know.

You would be having more symptoms. They wouldn't be headache they would be migraines by now with vision changes etc.

Also on throat cancer... Sore throat isn't usual even a sign. It's feeling like you can't swallow/eat due to something in your throat and a horse voice. My grandad is on the 2 week pathway for it so I'm well aware.

Can anyone see the lympnodes in their kids neck?

I can see 3 in my 6 year olds neck when he turns his head. They don't look huge but I clock them every time. 2 are pea size and 1 is slightly bigger.

The kids have had illness after illness recently and I've seen them in his neck before without being concerned but today I am fixated on them.

My husband said it's fine

Can anyone see the lympnodes in their kids neck?

I can see 3 in my 6 year olds neck when he turns his head. They don't look huge but I clock them every time. 2 are pea size and 1 is slightly bigger.

The kids have had illness after illness recently and I've seen them in his neck before without being concerned but today I am fixated on them.

My husband said it's fine
Exactly what I’m seeing on my husband’s neck!!! He said I don’t even look at him anymore I just look at the little lymph node.

Weird thing is, my husband never gets sick?😳

• Haha
Exactly what I’m seeing on my husband’s neck!!! He said I don’t even look at him anymore I just look at the little lymph node.

My husband often has enlarged lymph nodes on his neck. The Dr said it can be from something like cutting himself when shaving as he does shave with a razor, not an electric shaver.

If it reassures you, I’ve had an enlarged lymph node in my neck for over 10 years - got it scanned when I was 21 and they said it seemed fine. Had a little panic about it again and went to the Drs in 2020 and he basically said ‘you’ve had it six years and it hasn’t changed, if it were something to worry about you’d know by now!’

Still there, apparently sometimes when you get sick they go up and just never go down again 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don’t even remember getting sick the first time to make it go up.

I had an enlarged lymph node when I had covid and it never went away. I know a few people who had this as well!

Does anyone get new freckles or moles every year?

I'm currently freaking out about a new freckle on my head. It's small, light brown and similar to others but it's new sooo...