Health anxiety #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After 6 years of not going - I've finally plucked up the courage to go to the opticians. It's booked for tomorrow and I am just absolutely freaking out. I'm totally convinced that they are going to find something horrible. I just want to cry and sleep the day away.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
After 6 years of not going - I've finally plucked up the courage to go to the opticians. It's booked for tomorrow and I am just absolutely freaking out. I'm totally convinced that they are going to find something horrible. I just want to cry and sleep the day away.
If they did find anything I think you'd be referred right away. When I went a few weeks ago they found something they were unsure about on the scans they did. They said they usually do a emergency 24 hour referral for it but as I had no symptoms they just did an urgent one, I got seen within 2 weeks. Had scans at the hospital and doctor checked my eyes and wasn't concerned. He said if he had any doubts I would've had a scan of my head. Just advised me to go to opticians again in 6 months rather than a year so I can get scans again there to make sure nothing changed

If they did find anything I think you'd be referred right away. When I went a few weeks ago they found something they were unsure about on the scans they did. They said they usually do a emergency 24 hour referral for it but as I had no symptoms they just did an urgent one, I got seen within 2 weeks. Had scans at the hospital and doctor checked my eyes and wasn't concerned. He said if he had any doubts I would've had a scan of my head. Just advised me to go to opticians again in 6 months rather than a year so I can get scans again there to make sure nothing changed
What did they find?

Blurring of the edge of the nerve. The hospital found the nerve was slightly tilted but they said that'll just be normal for me
I have this! One of my eyes the nerve is blurred, I went for an eye test in Jan and the guy nearly had a fit…until he looked at my records and discovered it’s been the same since 2013 (and that’s just the specsavers records 🤣) The first time it was spotted I was sent straight to the eye clinic at the hospital for more scans as tests…only to discover it’s just normal for my eye

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I have this! One of my eyes the nerve is blurred, I went for an eye test in Jan and the guy nearly had a fit…until he looked at my records and discovered it’s been the same since 2013 (and that’s just the specsavers records 🤣) The first time it was spotted I was sent straight to the eye clinic at the hospital for more scans as tests…only to discover it’s just normal for my eye
That's the impression I got that I would've been sent straight there if I had any symptoms but instead they did it within 2 weeks since I didn't. The doctor at the hospital seemed a bit confused why I was sent there 😅

I hope it all goes well today!
I'd never been to the opticians in my life and recently went due to bad headaches and I was expecting the worst but turns out my headaches were just because I needed glasses and probably should've got them years ago because I have rugby shaped eyeballs :ROFLMAO: I've been wearing them for screens for the past few weeks and yup no headaches.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I hope it all goes well today!
I'd never been to the opticians in my life and recently went due to bad headaches and I was expecting the worst but turns out my headaches were just because I needed glasses and probably should've got them years ago because I have rugby shaped eyeballs :ROFLMAO: I've been wearing them for screens for the past few weeks and yup no headaches.
Aw thank you so much for asking! ❤.

It was all good! Infact my glasses prescription has improved and my eyes look healthy. Don't need to go again for 2 years thank God.

I was an absolute mess during my appointment...I need to get my anxiety under control as this isn't normal.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This is probably going to sound totally ridiculous but does anyone ever get totally overwhelmed at the sheer number of things they COULD worry about, even if you don’t have someone you’re currently worrying about? For me cancer is my biggest HA trigger and I was just sitting here thinking about all the different symptoms to be on the lookout for, moles, lumps, pains etc. I now feel like its some huge overwhelming task to be on the lookout for everything, when a normal brain would recognise that you will notice a red flag, you don’t need to be actively looking for them all the time. Sigh, it’s exhausting, even if there’s not a current concern the HA pops up in some way

Reactions: 8
I’m so overwhelmed right now. I’ve been having lots of bladder and lower abdomen pressure on and off for the last 12 months. Several dr visits and it’s been put down to muscular and menopause.
On Friday I saw the GYN who did an internal examine which she said was reassuring. My notes say no sign of masses on ovaries, uterus etc.
She’s sending me for a scan for extra reassurance but has also put it down to most likely menopause.

Stupid me then read an article about a woman with ovarian cancer. I’ve now convinced myself that’s what I have. I am a complete mess and my husband is away this weekend so he’s not here to talk me down.

Please please any words of advice? I’m so stressed and of course that’s making symptoms worse most likely

I’m so overwhelmed right now. I’ve been having lots of bladder and lower abdomen pressure on and off for the last 12 months. Several dr visits and it’s been put down to muscular and menopause.
On Friday I saw the GYN who did an internal examine which she said was reassuring. My notes say no sign of masses on ovaries, uterus etc.
She’s sending me for a scan for extra reassurance but has also put it down to most likely menopause.

Stupid me then read an article about a woman with ovarian cancer. I’ve now convinced myself that’s what I have. I am a complete mess and my husband is away this weekend so he’s not here to talk me down.

Please please any words of advice? I’m so stressed and of course that’s making symptoms worse most likely
I have been getting awful bloating with peri menopause and convincing myself it’s ovarian cancer so I know how you feel but then the bloating will go and so does my anxiety. I have now kept track and can tell when it’s going to happen and it’s definitely to do with estrogen.

Peri menopause causes all sorts of pains and symptoms that a lot of people aren’t aware of. Instead of googling the ovarian cancer google your symptoms with peri menopause in the search and hopefully it reassures you.

• Heart
I have been getting awful bloating with peri menopause and convincing myself it’s ovarian cancer so I know how you feel but then the bloating will go and so does my anxiety. I have now kept track and can tell when it’s going to happen and it’s definitely to do with estrogen.

Peri menopause causes all sorts of pains and symptoms that a lot of people aren’t aware of. Instead of googling the ovarian cancer google your symptoms with peri menopause in the search and hopefully it reassures you.
My scans were all fine too. Thank you for responding

Reactions: 3
As I’m knocking on the door of 30 I’ve decided to do one of those hertility tests, but im worried they’ll tell me I need a scan or I have cancer or something 😭 has anyone here done hertility? What is your experience?

As I’m knocking on the door of 30 I’ve decided to do one of those hertility tests, but im worried they’ll tell me I need a scan or I have cancer or something 😭 has anyone here done hertility? What is your experience?
Nooo, don't do that! I genuinely feel that for someone who has health anxiety/OCD this will not help you feel any better.

Do you have a genuine concern about something?

Nooo, don't do that! I genuinely feel that for someone who has health anxiety/OCD this will not help you feel any better.

Do you have a genuine concern about something?
Well I’d just like to know what’s going on in there as I’m not getting any younger and I’ve always had like not irregular periods, but slightly different cycle lengths, and now I’ve lost my thyroid things could change hormonally, it’s just curiosity really 😅 I’ve read the info again and it does just check for hormones so I think it’s fairly low risk for anxiety inducement 😅

Honestly, I know it's very expensive to go private but if you want actully accurate data, I'd get proper tests. I've got PCOS so I have yearly hormonal checkups. They require about 4-5 vials of blood. There's no way they're giving you the same level of accuracy with the hertility tests when you just prick a finger. And if you can't trust the results then I don't really see the point.

Hi Everyone. Feeling really anxious about a red mark I've found on one of my breasts. It's been there a few weeks, originally I thought it might have been a spot and would go away but its still there and it hasn't really gone down in size. It's probably about the size of a 1p, reddish with a little bit of purple in the middle. I'm not sure if I've potentially made it worse by poking around it. I have made a doctors appointment but it isn't until the end of July so I'm a little bit stressed and googling isn't helping at all. I suppose I'm just asking really could it still be a spot after a couple of weeks, or a blemish of sorts or has anyone else had similar? I can be a bit of a nightmare when it comes to my body and always panic about the slightest change.

Hi Everyone. Feeling really anxious about a red mark I've found on one of my breasts. It's been there a few weeks, originally I thought it might have been a spot and would go away but its still there and it hasn't really gone down in size. It's probably about the size of a 1p, reddish with a little bit of purple in the middle. I'm not sure if I've potentially made it worse by poking around it. I have made a doctors appointment but it isn't until the end of July so I'm a little bit stressed and googling isn't helping at all. I suppose I'm just asking really could it still be a spot after a couple of weeks, or a blemish of sorts or has anyone else had similar? I can be a bit of a nightmare when it comes to my body and always panic about the slightest change.
I’ve had something similar, I had a red patch/spot appear that then grew a yellow head and the whole thing looked so angry. I actually happened to be at the breast clinic after finding a lump (which was also fine) and I flagged it up to the breast nurse. She said it was dermatological eg a spot, and that something on the skin like that is rarely anything concerning. She also said the skin on our breasts is sooo thin and sensitive compared to the rest of our body so even a hot shower can make it flare up and things tend to look angrier on the breast than elsewhere on the body- I’m sure it’s something similar but know exactly how you’ll be feeling whilst you wait!

It could be a little bruise!! I've often gotten a bruise from overdoing it with the breast checks. If you're on your period, it might take longer to heal.

I’ve had something similar, I had a red patch/spot appear that then grew a yellow head and the whole thing looked so angry. I actually happened to be at the breast clinic after finding a lump (which was also fine) and I flagged it up to the breast nurse. She said it was dermatological eg a spot, and that something on the skin like that is rarely anything concerning. She also said the skin on our breasts is sooo thin and sensitive compared to the rest of our body so even a hot shower can make it flare up and things tend to look angrier on the breast than elsewhere on the body- I’m sure it’s something similar but know exactly how you’ll be feeling whilst you wait!
I think I'm just panicking because its been there a few weeks and I'd hoped it would go away. Thank you for this reassurance, it doesn't help that when you google things like this it just flags up all the horrible things it could be and it just sets me off down a rabbit hole and fearing the worst. I always forget how sensitive our skin there can be. I will keep a wee eye on it but try to leave it be. I am glad everything was ok for you, its so stressful just wondering x
It could be a little bruise!! I've often gotten a bruise from overdoing it with the breast checks. If you're on your period, it might take longer to heal.
Earlier after a shower I did poke around with it a bit more to see if I could feel a lump or if it was painful and that is potentially what is causing it to be a bit purple/bruise like in the middle. Keeping looking at it just willing it to go away but I will keep an eye on it and fingers crossed.