Health anxiety #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Posted here a couple of weeks back about having a breast lump, just to update and maybe reassure anyone who comes across this in future - it was just a bit of harder breast tissue.

Had my appointment within 2 weeks and the ladies at the clinic were just so lovely and reassuring. Quick physical exam and then an ultrasound and all sorted within the hour. Feel so relieved ☺
That's great news! See - those weren't signs you were seeing, just an anxious mind ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Posted here a couple of weeks back about having a breast lump, just to update and maybe reassure anyone who comes across this in future - it was just a bit of harder breast tissue.

Had my appointment within 2 weeks and the ladies at the clinic were just so lovely and reassuring. Quick physical exam and then an ultrasound and all sorted within the hour. Feel so relieved ☺
That's amazing news, really pleased for you. You must be so relieved.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

Fantastic news 💙 I had exactly the same a couple of months ago, and for anyone else worrying they told me that 90% of the people they see in the breast clinic are discharged on the day with nothing to worry about

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks all here for the reassuring messages, helped to have somewhere to put those intrusive thoughts about signs etc so i appreciate it 💖

• Heart
About a month ago, I found out I’m pretty anemic, but now a month after starting supplements, I keep getting dizzy? Not sure if it’s “just” anxiety, cos things are a bit stressful at work, or something related to my anemia, but health anxiety is telling me it’s like some brain thing or something with my nerves. I’m also struggling with insane tiredness. Like I am so heavy and can barely think about anything else other than a nap…

Trying hard to stay realistic, it’s probably nothing more than the anemia.

About a month ago, I found out I’m pretty anemic, but now a month after starting supplements, I keep getting dizzy? Not sure if it’s “just” anxiety, cos things are a bit stressful at work, or something related to my anemia, but health anxiety is telling me it’s like some brain thing or something with my nerves. I’m also struggling with insane tiredness. Like I am so heavy and can barely think about anything else other than a nap…

Trying hard to stay realistic, it’s probably nothing more than the anemia.
Make sure when you take the supplements you don’t have coffee for an upto 2 hours after and try and have orange juice. Coffee can stop you absorbing it. It sounds like you’re still anaemic as you still have the symptoms which is tiredness and dizziness.

I need some support today. For the last year I’ve had quite regular bladder pressure and frequent urinating. It’s like a urine infection but never seems to show as one.
I’ve been to the Dr so many times and she’s not worried but sending me to a balder Gynaecologist next month.

In the meantime I’ve got it bad again, abdominal pressure, constantly feeling like I need to go (and do go, not like only a little comes out) and burning below (bit when I go just in general). My left side seems achey too and I’ve got a sore lower back, which does seem to happen for me every few months, Chiro helps and scans so nothing sinister on my back.
Periods are heavy and getting a bit irregular.
I’m 49 so do know a lot of these things could be menopause related

Anyway I’ve convinced myself it’s cervical cancer or something equally as bad. I’m completely spiralling.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this as I am getting a little worried -

My mum (in her fifties so not elderly) has always struggled on and off with her chest, she gets flu somewhat often (compared to most people). Anyway for the past 6 months she has had a near constant chest infection, she’ll get better for a couple of weeks maybe and then it will return. The Drs told her on Friday they want her to get a chest CT…she has none of the risk factors for lung cancer (non smoker etc) but when you google symptoms (I know I know) recurring chest infections are a common one it seems. Anyone else had anything similar with a better outcome?

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this as I am getting a little worried -

My mum (in her fifties so not elderly) has always struggled on and off with her chest, she gets flu somewhat often (compared to most people). Anyway for the past 6 months she has had a near constant chest infection, she’ll get better for a couple of weeks maybe and then it will return. The Drs told her on Friday they want her to get a chest CT…she has none of the risk factors for lung cancer (non smoker etc) but when you google symptoms (I know I know) recurring chest infections are a common one it seems. Anyone else had anything similar with a better outcome?
I honestly have no idea but my guess is if this is something that has been an issue with her for some time it probably doesn't sound so much like lung cancer, if it was I imagine she would have more symptoms by now. I know it's super hard not to worry. I'm in my own health spiral right now so totally understand. Definitely dont google and hopefully you can get the CT quite quickly to reassure you and your mum x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I need some support today. For the last year I’ve had quite regular bladder pressure and frequent urinating. It’s like a urine infection but never seems to show as one.
I’ve been to the Dr so many times and she’s not worried but sending me to a balder Gynaecologist next month.

In the meantime I’ve got it bad again, abdominal pressure, constantly feeling like I need to go (and do go, not like only a little comes out) and burning below (bit when I go just in general). My left side seems achey too and I’ve got a sore lower back, which does seem to happen for me every few months, Chiro helps and scans so nothing sinister on my back.
Periods are heavy and getting a bit irregular.
I’m 49 so do know a lot of these things could be menopause related

Anyway I’ve convinced myself it’s cervical cancer or something equally as bad. I’m completely spiralling.
I'm no doctor but my dad had bladder cancer and he experienced none of the symptoms you said.
To me it sounds like a possible cyst due to pain and these can clear on their own. Hoping I'm not being rude but this could also be the start of the menopause? All sorts of symptoms can begin when you're at the beginning.

I'm no doctor but my dad had bladder cancer and he experienced none of the symptoms you said.
To me it sounds like a possible cyst due to pain and these can clear on their own. Hoping I'm not being rude but this could also be the start of the menopause? All sorts of symptoms can begin when you're at the beginning.
Not rude at all, I would rather menopause than any of the things I am imagining. I hope your dad is doing ok

Not rude at all, I would rather menopause than any of the things I am imagining. I hope your dad is doing ok
Thank you, my Dad has been clear of cancer now for two years so very grateful!
It's good you have the referral to gynaecology, it's the waiting that is the hardest part. I'm sure everything will be ok ☺

• Heart
Hi everyone - not been on this thread for a while even though my health anxiety is awful.

Last night started to feel unwell, had hot face, shivering, post nasal drip and nausea. Woke up at 4am after couple of hours sleep to throw up :( now feel awful. Really panicking its covid even though I do have acid reflux and sinus issues quite a bit. Think I've been having a panic attack for about 12 hours now :(

Does anyone have any tips on how to calm down / stop being sick?

I know most people dont fear covid anymore but im definitely not one of those and im terrified xx

• Heart
Hi all, just wondered if anyone had experienced similar and the outcome. So Saturday afternoon I had terrible griping pains lower abdomen that was coming in waves, rushed home and the onslaught of diarrhoea started 😖 must’ve gone about 9 times including in the early hours of the morning. The majority of it towards the end was just water really but the very last movement was pure blood. All down the toilet bowl and the toilet paper was akin to when you wipe when you’re on a heavy period. I wiped again and little blood remained. I’ve not had a movement since and no cramps either. I logged it on my NHS app yesterday morning and the doctor called me back and has requested two stool samples. I’m hoping it’s just piles due to going so much but just seemed like a high volume of blood to be so. Never had any problems previously with bowel movements or blood, I’m certain it wasn’t in the stool.

Hi all, just wondered if anyone had experienced similar and the outcome. So Saturday afternoon I had terrible griping pains lower abdomen that was coming in waves, rushed home and the onslaught of diarrhoea started 😖 must’ve gone about 9 times including in the early hours of the morning. The majority of it towards the end was just water really but the very last movement was pure blood. All down the toilet bowl and the toilet paper was akin to when you wipe when you’re on a heavy period. I wiped again and little blood remained. I’ve not had a movement since and no cramps either. I logged it on my NHS app yesterday morning and the doctor called me back and has requested two stool samples. I’m hoping it’s just piles due to going so much but just seemed like a high volume of blood to be so. Never had any problems previously with bowel movements or blood, I’m certain it wasn’t in the stool.
If it is bright red there's no reason to worry that is fresh blood so likely to be piles or an anal fissue (tear).

I actually had this after I ate dairy (after not eating it for about 2 years). It was quite a shock but exactly like you said, a load of blood (bright red) in the bowl and on the toilet paper. I panicked and booked an appointment with a consultant in Harley Street and he put a camera up there and said he saw two internal haemorrhoids so they had obviously got inflamed.

I had a bit of bleeding after but nothing as bad so think it was from straining. He gave me some suppositories which seemed to help and I didnt do much else with it

If it is bright red there's no reason to worry that is fresh blood so likely to be piles or an anal fissue (tear).
Agree, I’ve got terrible haemorrhoids and can sometimes bleed as much as a heavy period from the backside.
Doctor has said fresh red blood is very rarely cause for concern.
If it happens again see your Dr but I really don’t think you need to worry, especially after following some tummy issues and excess poo!

Hi everyone - not been on this thread for a while even though my health anxiety is awful.

Last night started to feel unwell, had hot face, shivering, post nasal drip and nausea. Woke up at 4am after couple of hours sleep to throw up :( now feel awful. Really panicking its covid even though I do have acid reflux and sinus issues quite a bit. Think I've been having a panic attack for about 12 hours now :(

Does anyone have any tips on how to calm down / stop being sick?

I know most people dont fear covid anymore but im definitely not one of those and im terrified xx
I hope you’re feeling better now. Things always seem worse in the middle of the night. I always just try the classic deep breathing and then a cold facecloth on the back of my neck and face usually helps with the sickness. Try and take is easy today

I hope you’re feeling better now. Things always seem worse in the middle of the night. I always just try the classic deep breathing and then a cold facecloth on the back of my neck and face usually helps with the sickness. Try and take is easy today
Thank you, I was really spiralling last night, bit calmer today but definitely not 100%. I tried an ice pack on my chest which worked wonders actually, will try the facecloth tonight I think!

Just hate being sick and think it might happen again - trying to keep as calm as I can though! xx

• Heart
Easier said than done but try to take your mind of it. Could you watch a show or listen to a podcast to relax you before sleeping? Also try getting some cool fresh air into your bedroom before going to bed if you can. Take care x

• Heart