Health anxiety #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all. I've been on Tattle a while but only discovered this thread today. I honestly go through such 'waves' of extreme health anxiety and then being 'ok' for a couple of weeks and then revert back. I'll be googling stuff (worst thing to do - I know) multiple times a day and convincing myself I've got a terminal illness and won't see my kids grow up. Then other weeks I think rationally and realise how powerful my brain can be and that i'm fine. I know some people who suffer with health anxiety and visit doctors often for reassurance, whereas i'm the total opposite and get scared they'd tell me something terrible. It's so mentally exhausting. Sorry for the long post anyway - just feels better writing it out somewhere to people I don't know personally ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hi, new here.

I'm suffering terribly at the moment, have found a lump on my neck, it sits just below my thyroid and you can see it sticking out when I lift my neck. Had a terrible tickly couch for 4 weeks that won't subside so I'm hoping it's juat a lymph node.
My brain won't switch off though, I'm constantly thinking about it.
One set of bloods came back and my liver function isn't quite right so to get that done again in 3 months, not related to the neck lump so I'm now convinced I have liver failure.
Back to the doctors on Tuesday and it cannot come quick enough.
I'm only 33, I shouldn't be feeling like this :(

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi, new here.

I'm suffering terribly at the moment, have found a lump on my neck, it sits just below my thyroid and you can see it sticking out when I lift my neck. Had a terrible tickly couch for 4 weeks that won't subside so I'm hoping it's juat a lymph node.
My brain won't switch off though, I'm constantly thinking about it.
One set of bloods came back and my liver function isn't quite right so to get that done again in 3 months, not related to the neck lump so I'm now convinced I have liver failure.
Back to the doctors on Tuesday and it cannot come quick enough.
I'm only 33, I shouldn't be feeling like this :(
I’m so sorry you are going through this. Health anxiety and worries are horrible.z they will probably kill us faster than any actually illness!
It sounds like you’ve already seen a dr for this if you got bloods done? If they are happy to wait 3 months for the next check of your lover, my guess is they aren’t too worried? What did they think was going on with the neck lump? Could it be a lymph node or gland swollen if you’ve been unwell?
---
Hi all. I've been on Tattle a while but only discovered this thread today. I honestly go through such 'waves' of extreme health anxiety and then being 'ok' for a couple of weeks and then revert back. I'll be googling stuff (worst thing to do - I know) multiple times a day and convincing myself I've got a terminal illness and won't see my kids grow up. Then other weeks I think rationally and realise how powerful my brain can be and that i'm fine. I know some people who suffer with health anxiety and visit doctors often for reassurance, whereas i'm the total opposite and get scared they'd tell me something terrible. It's so mentally exhausting. Sorry for the long post anyway - just feels better writing it out somewhere to people I don't know personally ❤
I could write this word for word, except the dr part, I harass my doctor far too often!
I think many of us on here can.
After a participatory crazy few weeks of thinking I had MS, my husband put his foot down. He’s sympathetic but not overly understanding! He did make me promise to never Google again and instead let him do it. It’s been really helpful. I Google and see a thousand reasons why for something including cancer and convince myself that’s it, whereas he googled and can look far more rationally and just give me the more likely reason.
It has helped x
---
Just as an update I got to checked this morning and Gp wasn’t worried about it. Her words were “I’m confident you can go skipping out of here with nothing to worry about”. She sent a photo to dermatology anyway but she’s not worried. Still a little bit nervous about it being sent there for them to look at but the gp took a thorough look and wasn’t concerned.
I’m so happy for you!!!
---
It could be that! I never really thought of that. I've been getting plenty of sleep but I'm a big dreamer so when I wake up it feels like my mind hasn't fully shut off, thought it might be that lol
Sounds more likely to be something like heat / allergies or maybe even your pillow needs changing?

Reactions: 1
I’m so sorry you are going through this. Health anxiety and worries are horrible.z they will probably kill us faster than any actually illness!
It sounds like you’ve already seen a dr for this if you got bloods done? If they are happy to wait 3 months for the next check of your lover, my guess is they aren’t too worried? What did they think was going on with the neck lump? Could it be a lymph node or gland swollen if you’ve been unwell?

Hi

I've calmed down thankfully about the liver function, I had glandular fever really really badly when I was 12 so much so you could see my liver sticking out, so it's never been the best! Bit of a health kick for the next while I'm sure that will be fine!

The lump in my neck I'll find out tomorrow! I was originally to go to the ear, nose and throat clinic but the doctor cancelled that and said to go back to him so that brought reassurnce he can't be worried?

There is thyroid history in my family, my mum had had cysts in her neck and as mentioned I've had a horrible dry cough so I'm hoping lymph node!

Just finding a lump is so scary, you just immediately panic!!

My partner is being really reassuring and keeping me calm, can't thank him enough. Just keep telling myself I'll be fine

• Heart
Hi, new here.

Suffering really bad with my HA. Suffer with my MH anyways but since I bought a house a few months ago, I feel like every week I've a new illness. I refuse to go on meds as I've been on them before and I cannot function (I'm not on any meds, no contraception or anything).

I've lumpy boobs, have gone about it so many times, it's nothing. I'm fine, theres no new lumps or anything. I'm fine but why can't I stop breast checking myself to the point where I'm hurting myself. It could be multiple times a day. My boobs get sore when I ovulate and when I'm PMSING. Periods are on time, all the time. I'M FINE:censored:

This comes in waves, next week I'll be obsessing about my bowels and my tummy.

The following week, I'll have eye cancer or brain cancer because my lip twitched because I haven't slept due to HA.

My life is normal, I'm healthy. Everything is going good, why can I not relax? I've deleted insta and tiktok because I feel like they're adding to it.

I feel like I'm getting to the best part of my life, new house, wedding, travel yeno life after covid and I'm afraid I'll get sick, never recover and die before I'm 30? I'm hysterical and it's driving me insane!!!!

Hi, new here.

Suffering really bad with my HA. Suffer with my MH anyways but since I bought a house a few months ago, I feel like every week I've a new illness. I refuse to go on meds as I've been on them before and I cannot function (I'm not on any meds, no contraception or anything).

I've lumpy boobs, have gone about it so many times, it's nothing. I'm fine, theres no new lumps or anything. I'm fine but why can't I stop breast checking myself to the point where I'm hurting myself. It could be multiple times a day. My boobs get sore when I ovulate and when I'm PMSING. Periods are on time, all the time. I'M FINE:censored:

The following week, I'll have eye cancer or brain cancer because my lip twitched because I haven't slept due to HA.

My life is normal, I'm healthy. Everything is going good, why can I not relax? I've deleted insta and tiktok because I feel like they're adding to it.

I feel like I'm getting to the best part of my life, new house, wedding, travel yeno life after covid and I'm afraid I'll get sick, never recover and die before I'm 30? I'm hysterical and it's driving me insane!!!!
Just wanted to say hi and that you are not alone. I suffer terribly with HA especially regarding thoughts of cancer and dying. I think almost constantly about leaving my husband and two boys who are 12 and 10. I've been to the GP twice recently convinced I had breast cancer and they reassured me really well but deep down it made no difference as I'm still worrying. Probably not helped by the fact that one of my closest friends has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and has just had surgery. Thankfully it was caught early and she's doing well.
I have had a two rounds of CBT for HA and I'm not massively convinced it worked brilliantly for me. My husband and mum keep saying I need to refer myself again to the mental health service as I just can't relax or look forward to anything. We are currently on holiday and I'm trying to relax as much as possible but I just keep thinking something bad issues going to happen when we get home. I do think I could benefit from some more counselling but maybe more targeted to the fact that I can't allow myself to enjoy anything.
I'm always on here if you want to vent or share your worries.

• Heart
Hi, new here.

I dont really have much helpful advice except to say you are not alone. I swing from different cancers every other week. I have had two friends die quite quickly with very random and rare cancers and its made me so paranoid. I am similar to you in the sense my life is good so I feel like its not going to last and its my turn to have something happen.
I'm in a period of 'no cancers right now' (I've never had any!) but I know its a matter of time before I convince myself I have the next one. All I can say is that I try to tell myself the vast majority of people live long lives, we hear about the rare horrible cases because they are exactly that, rare and unusual. Us people with HA have probably had more tests and checks than most people so we are probably less likely to have any big issues come up by surprise.

Reactions: 4
Just wanted to say hi and that you are not alone. I suffer terribly with HA especially regarding thoughts of cancer and dying. I think almost constantly about leaving my husband and two boys who are 12 and 10. I've been to the GP twice recently convinced I had breast cancer and they reassured me really well but deep down it made no difference as I'm still worrying. Probably not helped by the fact that one of my closest friends has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer and has just had surgery. Thankfully it was caught early and she's doing well.
I have had a two rounds of CBT for HA and I'm not massively convinced it worked brilliantly for me. My husband and mum keep saying I need to refer myself again to the mental health service as I just can't relax or look forward to anything. We are currently on holiday and I'm trying to relax as much as possible but I just keep thinking something bad issues going to happen when we get home. I do think I could benefit from some more counselling but maybe more targeted to the fact that I can't allow myself to enjoy anything.
I'm always on here if you want to vent or share your worries.
❤❤❤❤ thank you. I do appreciate you relying to me. It does help that I'm not alone. Today has been a better day. I deleted TikTok 24 hours ago and defo feel less anxious. I would love nothing more than to see someone but the MH situation in Ireland is soooo bad. I would be waiting months/ years or it would cost me a small fortune. Maybe we can counsel each other?😂😂

I dont really have much helpful advice except to say you are not alone. I swing from different cancers every other week. I have had two friends die quite quickly with very random and rare cancers and its made me so paranoid. I am similar to you in the sense my life is good so I feel like its not going to last and its my turn to have something happen.
I'm in a period of 'no cancers right now' (I've never had any!) but I know its a matter of time before I convince myself I have the next one. All I can say is that I try to tell myself the vast majority of people live long lives, we hear about the rare horrible cases because they are exactly that, rare and unusual. Us people with HA have probably had more tests and checks than most people so we are probably less likely to have any big issues come up by surprise.
Thank you as well❤❤❤ Knowing that other people feel these and also hear these thoughts and worries is so comforting. Regarding the test comment - YES, I just had blood tests and they're perfect but of course, I asked for a copy and googled everything and then googled "would cancer show up on blood test results" god sake :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Heart
❤❤❤❤ thank you. I do appreciate you relying to me. It does help that I'm not alone. Today has been a better day. I deleted TikTok 24 hours ago and defo feel less anxious. I would love nothing more than to see someone but the MH situation in Ireland is soooo bad. I would be waiting months/ years or it would cost me a small fortune. Maybe we can counsel each other?😂😂

Thank you as well❤❤❤ Knowing that other people feel these and also hear these thoughts and worries is so comforting. Regarding the test comment - YES, I just had blood tests and they're perfect but of course, I asked for a copy and googled everything and then googled "would cancer show up on blood test results" god sake :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
That definitely sounds like a good idea, it's really hard for people to understand unless they have been through the same. It really helps to know you're not alone, even if it's just a bit.

• Heart
That definitely sounds like a good idea, it's really hard for people to understand unless they have been through the same. It really helps to know you're not alone, even if it's just a bit.
It does! Check in when you're having a tit day, I'll always respond ❤ ❤

• Heart
Does anybody get HA for everyone else but not themselves? I always say I’ll be fine. But when it comes to other people, especially my child, I spiral terribly

Reactions: 4
Does anybody get HA for everyone else but not themselves? I always say I’ll be fine. But when it comes to other people, especially my child, I spiral terribly
Yes, my husband to be. Swollen lymph node on his neck since March. Hysterical about it, I am. He’s like “awh be grand”

A couple of weeks ago I found a lump in my breast, but I figured it was probably due to my cycle. However this evening I’ve checked again and it’s still there so I think I’m going to have to go to see the GP.

Looked on my NHS app and there aren’t any appointments until July 16th… I just don’t think my anxiety will cope waiting that long. Has anyone else had this and called their surgery and been seen sooner? It seems a long time to wait to get it checked out if it were something sinister.

Im going to try and call my GP tomorrow and hope they will see me before then 🤞🏻

A couple of weeks ago I found a lump in my breast, but I figured it was probably due to my cycle. However this evening I’ve checked again and it’s still there so I think I’m going to have to go to see the GP.

Looked on my NHS app and there aren’t any appointments until July 16th… I just don’t think my anxiety will cope waiting that long. Has anyone else had this and called their surgery and been seen sooner? It seems a long time to wait to get it checked out if it were something sinister.

Im going to try and call my GP tomorrow and hope they will see me before then 🤞🏻
I’m 99% sure they’ll see you before then for a breast lump as they’re supposed to ensure you get a 2 week referral to the breast clinic too. Hope you manage to get through to talk to someone quickly this morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi guys, wondering for any advice at all… terrible HA sufferer, had therapy etc, and constantly flipping from on disease to the next, whether about myself or my children … anyway over the last couple of days I’ve feel like pressure type of feeling above my pelvis, right at the bottom of stomach, almost on my pelvic bone in the middle, feels wierd in my thighs when i walk and also a feeling on pressure / pulling feeling when I wee, it’s so strange! Can anyone shed light on this? Obviously Google tells me all sorts of cancers etc, which are sending me more, otherwise feel ok in myself x

Omg I didn't know this thread existed! Ive suffered from health anxiety since I was a child and it is just horrendous.

I'm literally at my lowest point with it. I found a breast lump about 2 months ago that sent me into one of the worst spirals ever. Turned out it was absolutely nothing. Just normal breast tissue. Since then my brain has latched on to anything and everything. At this point I don't think it's anxiety...I think it's absolutely OCD. The obsessive body checking, the obsessive googling. The compulsions to ask my husband if I'm okay and if this is something serious or if our children are okay. The barrage of scary thoughts.

I've have a massive phobia of the doctors, opticians and the dentist.

When I was younger I thought I'd get over it but now I'm 33 and it's only gotten worse. Now I worry about myself, my husband and our kids 😭.

The funniest thing is a spent about 2 weeks in absolute despair because one bone lump is bigger at the back of my head than the other. Ridiculous.
---
Hi guys, wondering for any advice at all… terrible HA sufferer, had therapy etc, and constantly flipping from on disease to the next, whether about myself or my children … anyway over the last couple of days I’ve feel like pressure type of feeling above my pelvis, right at the bottom of stomach, almost on my pelvic bone in the middle, feels wierd in my thighs when i walk and also a feeling on pressure / pulling feeling when I wee, it’s so strange! Can anyone shed light on this? Obviously Google tells me all sorts of cancers etc, which are sending me more, otherwise feel ok in myself x
Sounds like a possible UTI

Omg I didn't know this thread existed! Ive suffered from health anxiety since I was a child and it is just horrendous.

I'm literally at my lowest point with it. I found a breast lump about 2 months ago that sent me into one of the worst spirals ever. Turned out it was absolutely nothing. Just normal breast tissue. Since then my brain has latched on to anything and everything. At this point I don't think it's anxiety...I think it's absolutely OCD. The obsessive body checking, the obsessive googling. The compulsions to ask my husband if I'm okay and if this is something serious or if our children are okay. The barrage of scary thoughts.

I've have a massive phobia of the doctors, opticians and the dentist.

When I was younger I thought I'd get over it but now I'm 33 and it's only gotten worse. Now I worry about myself, my husband and our kids 😭.

The funniest thing is a spent about 2 weeks in absolute despair because one bone lump is bigger at the back of my head than the other. Ridiculous.
---

Sounds like a possible UTI
You are not alone ❤ ❤ the worrying about nothing is exhausted. It's like you want to turn your brain off for an hour so you can relax.

• Heart
Yes, my husband to be. Swollen lymph node on his neck since March. Hysterical about it, I am. He’s like “awh be grand”
It's more than likely nothing but as it's been there for more than 3 weeks he 100% needs to get that checked out