Health anxiety #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think? I had a UTI about 3 weeks ago and was prescribed a 3 day course of antibiotics, which cleared the problem, could this be happening that many weeks after the problem has gone?
I have read before that inflammation and irritation can still be present even when the infection is gone. As you actually had a UTI only 3 weeks ago I would give yourself a bit more time to heal!

If symptoms still persist after another week or two it could possibly be interstitial cystitis (it's not life threatening!)

Reactions: 1
Do you mind me asking where on his neck? You'll see from previous posts I'm in a panic about a lump on mines
So he went to the doctors already and the doctor side “yep lymph node, should go down in a month” and this was back in March, by April it was peaking through and then I just kept at him and at so he made another appointment, for next week! It’s on the side of his neck like bang smack in the middle on the left side. I’m so bad at explaining, I’m not very articulate sorry😭 it doesn’t poke out unless he stretches he’s neck like bends it to the right side and it moves and is soft. Again, the doctor confirmed it’s nothing but I just can’t take that as bible anymore….

So he went to the doctors already and the doctor side “yep lymph node, should go down in a month” and this was back in March, by April it was peaking through and then I just kept at him and at so he made another appointment, for next week! It’s on the side of his neck like bang smack in the middle on the left side. I’m so bad at explaining, I’m not very articulate sorry😭 it doesn’t poke out unless he stretches he’s neck like bends it to the right side and it moves and is soft. Again, the doctor confirmed it’s nothing but I just can’t take that as bible anymore….
He definitely needs to go back if it's still there and don't let the doctor dismiss it. The vast majority of the time enlarged lymph nodes are nothing but a GP can't make that judgement alone

What did the doctors say when you went back?
They can't find anything wrong with my bloods which is a relief! But I've to get a chest xray for the cough and an ultrasound for the lump :( I'll keep yous posted on any updates.

Yeah mines is you can see it if I stretch but mines is front of my next slightly off centre and just under my thyroid.
If it's any help my mum had very similar to your husbands symptoms and it was a cyst she needed drained.

• Heart
He definitely needs to go back if it's still there and don't let the doctor dismiss it. The vast majority of the time enlarged lymph nodes are nothing but a GP can't make that judgement alone
Yes I told him this, I wish I could go with him. Men are just too easy going.

They can't find anything wrong with my bloods which is a relief! But I've to get a chest xray for the cough and an ultrasound for the lump :( I'll keep yous posted on any updates.

Yeah mines is you can see it if I stretch but mines is front of my next slightly off centre and just under my thyroid.
If it's any help my mum had very similar to your husbands symptoms and it was a cyst she needed drained.
I honestly really hope it’s this! Also, my neighbour had the same as you and it was a thyroid issue! But also, if you’ve a cough, it could be your body just fighting off the infection. But I understand your panic. I begged my husband to go to a&e when I found the lump on his neck😅😅 dramatic much!

• Heart
I went and got my lump checked and the gp has put me through for a 2 week urgent breast cancer referral but said the breast clinic are behind so it will probably be more like 4 weeks… I’m going absolutely crazy though and I just don’t know how I’ll make it through 4 weeks as just can’t stop thinking about it. Literally taking up every moment of my day ☹ just want to know if it’s something bad or not.

Really hope it’s quick as I start a new role next week and just don’t know how I’ll focus with this on my mind.

• Heart
I went and got my lump checked and the gp has put me through for a 2 week urgent breast cancer referral but said the breast clinic are behind so it will probably be more like 4 weeks… I’m going absolutely crazy though and I just don’t know how I’ll make it through 4 weeks as just can’t stop thinking about it. Literally taking up every moment of my day ☹

Really hope it’s quick as I start a new role next week and just don’t know how I’ll focus with this on my mind.
I feel for you! Happened to me last month (including the 4 week wait).

The wait is mental torture. Try giving the clinic a call and asking if you can go on their cancellation list!

Reactions: 2
I feel for you! Happened to me last month (including the 4 week wait).

The wait is mental torture. Try giving the clinic a call and asking if you can go on their cancellation list!
How was the appointment? Did you have to have a mammogram and biopsy etc?

I might do that but I’ve not even got a letter or any indication of where the clinic is etc yet (only got referred yesterday). The dr said if I haven’t heard anything from them in 4 weeks call my gp again which wasn’t super reassuring that it would be quick at all.

How was the appointment? Did you have to have a mammogram and biopsy etc?

I might do that but I’ve not even got a letter or any indication of where the clinic is etc yet (only got referred yesterday). The dr said if I haven’t heard anything from them in 4 weeks call my gp again which wasn’t super reassuring that it would be quick at all.
All the clinicians were absolutely amazing, I think they could tell I was close to tears haha. My lump turned out to be nothing, just breast tissue. I had an ultrasound (not old enough for a mam) which confirmed it and then I was off on my way. Took about 20 minutes tops.

Have a Google of your local breast clinic. It's likely you would have been referred there.

All the clinicians were absolutely amazing, I think they could tell I was close to tears haha. My lump turned out to be nothing, just breast tissue. I had an ultrasound (not old enough for a mam) which confirmed it and then I was off on my way. Took about 20 minutes tops.

Have a Google of your local breast clinic. It's likely you would have been referred there.
Oh thank you, I’m glad they were so lovely. I’m also thinking I might not be old enough for a mammogram? (31, though maybe in boob terms that is old, idk 😅). I kind of hope so bc it doesn’t look very comfortable, obvs I will have it if needed though.

Ive just logged into my NHS app and I can see the referral letter with some details so if I don’t hear anything over the next couple of days I’ll give them a call.

• Heart
Oh thank you, I’m glad they were so lovely. I’m also thinking I might not be old enough for a mammogram? (31, though maybe in noon terms that is old, idk 😅). I kind of hope so bc it doesn’t look very comfortable, obvs I will have it if needed though.

Ive just logged into my NHS app and I can see the referral letter with some details so if I don’t hear anything over the next couple of days I’ll give them a call.
Yeah you won't have one! I'm 33!

Honestly, take a deep breath. I spent weeks googling statistics and the odds are in your favour that it will be ok. ❤

• Heart
Yeah you won't have one! I'm 33!

Honestly, take a deep breath. I spent weeks googling statistics and the odds are in your favour that it will be ok. ❤
Thank you! I hope so ♥ so reassuring to hear from someone who has recently been through the same and it was ok so thankyou. All I could find online otherwise was the stories that didn’t turn out so well so it’s nice to see it’s not necessarily going to be bad news.

• Heart
Thank you! I hope so ♥ so reassuring to hear from someone who has recently been through the same and it was ok so thankyou. All I could find online otherwise was the stories that didn’t turn out so well so it’s nice to see it’s not necessarily going to be bad news.
I saw quite a lot of women in there around our age so it seems that GP's like to be ultra cautious! Of the ladies who I saw coming out of their ultrasounds whilst I was waiting for mine - they all came out happy

• Heart
I saw quite a lot of women in there around our age so it seems that GP's like to be ultra cautious! Of the ladies who I saw coming out of their ultrasounds whilst I was waiting for mine - they all came out happy
I had to go with my elderly Mum as she had breast pain (she was fine) and there were a few women in their 30’s and all happy when they left. I got talking to one of them as she sat by us and hers turned out to be a cyst.
---
What did your GP say?

What did your GP say?
She said it doesn’t feel hard and it feels moveable so she suspects it isn’t anything to worry about but it’s best to get it checked.

Which is weird cos to me it does feel hard but then it’s the only one I’ve ever felt so what do I know ha

I also know you can’t really tell anything from just feeling it so I’m glad she referred me for a scan.

She said it doesn’t feel hard and it feels moveable so she suspects it isn’t anything to worry about but it’s best to get it checked.

Which is weird cos to me it does feel hard but then it’s the only one I’ve ever felt so what do I know ha

I also know you can’t really tell anything from just feeling it so I’m glad she referred me for a scan.
Do you have large boobs? I’ve fatty boobs so some times around PMS and ovulation they get hard and I start to freak out but it’s nothing out of the blue but I still freak out😂

Do you have large boobs? I’ve fatty boobs so some times around PMS and ovulation they get hard and I start to freak out but it’s nothing out of the blue but I still freak out😂
I do which was bloody annoying because I had to really help her find it through all the boob 🤣

I actually found the lump a few weeks ago and figured it was just to do with my cycle and more or less forgot it, then something reminded me on Tuesday night to check if it was gone and it was still there so I obviously then freaked out and knew I best get it checked

That what my GP said! I thought mine was hard and not moving but she said it was soft and moveable.

Where abouts is yours located? Mine was lower inner (about 4'o clock)