Health Anxiety #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I fell over Thursday and bruised my calf. I've noticed part of my leg is completely numb. Is this any cause for concern?
Wait for the bruising to subside, if it’s still numb then check in with your GP, or if the area of numbness increases then contact them

Reactions: 1
Just popping in to ask, does anyone else when cold in particular get dents in your fingertips? Like if you press the skin down it stays there?

My cat bit me on my finger yesterday and I knew I should get it looked at. Queue major anxiety. My Dr's weren't even taking phone calls so I ended up going to a walk in centre at the other side of the city that was heaving and noisy.
I've now got anti biotics but I'm examining my bloody finger every few seconds! It hurts and is a bit red. Ugh I hate having anxiety!

• Heart
My cat bit me on my finger yesterday and I knew I should get it looked at. Queue major anxiety. My Dr's weren't even taking phone calls so I ended up going to a walk in centre at the other side of the city that was heaving and noisy.
I've now got anti biotics but I'm examining my bloody finger every few seconds! It hurts and is a bit red. Ugh I hate having anxiety!
Well yeah it hurts and it’s red because the cat bit it!!!!! Keep it clean, take all the antibiotics and you’ll be fine 👍

Reactions: 3
Hi everyone
I have ptsd around 8 years ago I was hit by a car while I was with my kids taking them to school , long story short I became very unwell mentally I now have bad Heath anxiety 😦
Last 3 months I’ve had very bad acid reflux and sensation of something in my throat doctor said he does not think it’s anything serious but wants me to have a camera down the throat but I refused (anxiety)
Any advice greatly appreciated xx
I used to work in that camera department as a nurse before I moved jobs - what do you wanna no about it

So our policy for patients to have sedation is that you had to have someone collect you on discharge and stay with you for 24 hours once home , can’t go to work , can’t drive and pretty much rest- if there weren’t able to fit that criteria , then it’s only throat spray for them

procedure is approx 5 mins long , you get a throat spray first which numbs everything at the back of the throat , you can still swallow and breathe . Then lie down on your left hand side . If you get sedation , it goes in via a needle , feel the effects within minutes ,patients say it’s feels like you’ve had a few drinks . Camera goes over tongue down throat and into stomach and small bowel and have a good look. They do put air into stomach so you will probably bloat and burp slightly . If there’s anything obvious like signs of inflammation or a hiatus hernia they will tell you post procedure but if take samples, normally 10-14 days to come back

• Heart
So our policy for patients to have sedation is that you had to have someone collect you on discharge and stay with you for 24 hours once home , can’t go to work , can’t drive and pretty much rest- if there weren’t able to fit that criteria , then it’s only throat spray for them

procedure is approx 5 mins long , you get a throat spray first which numbs everything at the back of the throat , you can still swallow and breathe . Then lie down on your left hand side . If you get sedation , it goes in via a needle , feel the effects within minutes ,patients say it’s feels like you’ve had a few drinks . Camera goes over tongue down throat and into stomach and small bowel and have a good look. They do put air into stomach so you will probably bloat and burp slightly . If there’s anything obvious like signs of inflammation or a hiatus hernia they will tell you post procedure but if take samples, normally 10-14 days to come back
Thank you I’m yet to book it as too scared but my symptoms don’t seem to be getting better 😭

Is it well tolerated if you don’t have sedation?

Did you say you were getting a lot of acid reflux ???
Started with feeling of something in my throat and I was bringing acid up constantly now my throat feels strained and throat feels full , lots of burping, no pain and feels fine to eat x

Started with feeling of something in my throat and I was bringing acid up constantly now my throat feels strained and throat feels full , lots of burping, no pain and feels fine to eat x
It may be something as common as a hiatus hernia where your muscles could be slightly slack so it’s allowing stomach acid to come up and burn your oesophagus so it’s feeling sore and irritated and gassy
Where life long stomach tabs would keep your acid at a minimum and help the lining to heal

but only a camera test would be able to prove that x x

It may be something as common as a hiatus hernia where your muscles could be slightly slack so it’s allowing stomach acid to come up and burn your oesophagus so it’s feeling sore and irritated and gassy
Where life long stomach tabs would keep your acid at a minimum and help the lining to heal

but only a camera test would be able to prove that x x
Thanks so much I’m worried incase it’s something serious 😬 doctor said I have no red flags and blood tests all fine , I just need to get the ball rolling and get it booked x

Hi everyone
I have ptsd around 8 years ago I was hit by a car while I was with my kids taking them to school , long story short I became very unwell mentally I now have bad Heath anxiety 😦
Last 3 months I’ve had very bad acid reflux and sensation of something in my throat doctor said he does not think it’s anything serious but wants me to have a camera down the throat but I refused (anxiety)
Any advice greatly appreciated xx
I have this exact problem also, it feels like my throat is tightening. My doctor thinks it's GERD I was prescribed Omeprazole but don't like the idea of being on meds for the rest of my life (I'm still young) so wondering if I should ask for the camera. It came on virtually overnight and hasn't been the same since which makes me think there's something going on internally. Please let me know how you get on xxx

I have this exact problem also, it feels like my throat is tightening. My doctor thinks it's GERD I was prescribed Omeprazole but don't like the idea of being on meds for the rest of my life (I'm still young) so wondering if I should ask for the camera. It came on virtually overnight and hasn't been the same since which makes me think there's something going on internally. Please let me know how you get on xxx
Will do , I’m taking nexium once a day I can’t feel any acid coming up but throat feels very strange x

You won’t be on medication for life - if the omeprazole does the job then you can stop taking it and should it ever flare up in the future you take another course of medication to settle it down again.

Reactions: 2
You won’t be on medication for life - if the omeprazole does the job then you can stop taking it and should it ever flare up in the future you take another course of medication to settle it down again.
My doctor gave me a 3 month supply and make it seem like I'd be on it for as long as it took. Every time I come off it it seems to flare up again, even when I'm keeping away from all the typical triggers.

dependant on the condition , I often prescribe it for life , frequency and dosages may just change from person to person

Has anyone on here been treated for health anxiety or spoken to a dr about it and what was the outcome?
ive been terrible since having my baby 8 months ago - every pain I get I convince myself is something serious, to the point that I can end up in tears imagining saying goodbye to my children. I can’t enjoy life as I keep thinking if I switch off and just be happy I’ll regret it when i find out how ill I am or feel stupid for not taking my concerns seriously- the anxiety is literally always there and I have a constant churning in my stomach and feeling something bad is coming. It’s ruining my life but I don’t want medication to stop it.. but what’s the other option?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.