Health Anxiety #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the best. Just think, by this evening it will all be over!
I don’t know if like last time the appt and further tests eg ultrasound will be on different days again? I’m just worried she’ll be as negative and scary as the paramedic I saw at the drs who referred me 😪

Reactions: 1
I don’t know if like last time the appt and further tests eg ultrasound will be on different days again? I’m just worried she’ll be as negative and scary as the paramedic I saw at the drs who referred me 😪
If it’s at the breast clinic it should all be done in the appointment today - examination and any further ultrasound or mammogram.

Reactions: 4
If its a breast clinic it will hopefully be a "one stop shop"

Reactions: 2
Anyone else have health anxiety specifically around anything to do with the heart?
I swear I worry throughout the day about having a heart attack, blood clots etc even though I'm young.
Also recently moved into an apartment block and 3 people have got covid on 3 separate levels and now I struggle to step outside of my flat bc I'm so paranoid that I'll get covid and spread it on to other people ;(

Sorry butt in but I am worried sick and think this is the place to vent.

I have been on my period now for 2 weeks with no break. This has never ever happened to me. I am convinced I have cervical cancer. I spoke to the GP today who wants me to have a pregnancy test and STI test. I know I have neither. Few months single after 3 year relationship and both had tests at the beginning, and I just know I'm not pregnant. If they are all negative she wants to refer me. 10 years ago I had grade 3 severe dyskatosis cells, and went into hospital to have them burned off. I am due a smear, last one 3 years, so I am convinced in that time I have developed cancer and this is it. I can't stop worrying x

I have been on my period now for 2 weeks with no break. This has never ever happened to me. I am convinced I have cervical cancer. I spoke to the GP today who wants me to have a pregnancy test and STI test. I know I have neither. Few months single after 3 year relationship and both had tests at the beginning, and I just know I'm not pregnant. If they are all negative she wants to refer me. 10 years ago I had grade 3 severe dyskatosis cells, and went into hospital to have them burned off. I am due a smear, last one 3 years, so I am convinced in that time I have developed cancer and this is it. I can't stop worrying x
There are lots of causes of extended periods and cancer is among the least likely. It could be as simple as stress x

Big hugs for quick results/referral to put your mind at ease ❤

Reactions: 3

Oh poor you, of course you feel anxious. Try not to let your mind run away with you and don't google! Wait for all your tests to come back first of all. Periods can be irregular for many, many non cancer reasons.

There are lots of causes of extended periods and cancer is among the least likely. It could be as simple as stress x

Big hugs for quick results/referral to put your mind at ease ❤
Thankyou for replying, this has made me feel a bit better. I am a born worrier!

Oh poor you, of course you feel anxious. Try not to let your mind run away with you and don't google! Wait for all your tests to come back first of all. Periods can be irregular for many, many non cancer reasons.
Thankyou so much for replying, you're right about staying away from Google! I appreciate it x

• Heart
Hi everyone,

so had consultation and ultrasound in one, nothing sinister to be seen, just fibrocystic boobs.

She did say she could feel a lymph node just in front of my armpit but wasn’t worried at all, she said it should feel like a bean and we only worry when it feels like a cherry. it worries me a bit she could feel a lymph node there bc now I’m feeling my armpits and stuff for others but she wasn’t worried.

they were all really kind in there, she couldn’t feel what the paramedic could feel, and said the dimply bit was probs a stretch mark, but nothing seen on ultrasound 🙂

so all in all I think it’s okay, just trying not to get caught up on the lymph node thing.

Thanks for everyone’s support over the last two weeks ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Bless you lovely I can imagine how your feeling. Are you on the pill at all or have you recently had the vaccine? These could be reasons why? You have done the right thing by going to the Gp, although I am sure you will be absolutely fine. Like the ladies have said there are so many reasons as to why you can have extended bleeding, and cancer is the least likely. I really hope you’re ok and I’m always here if you want a chat. I know how lonely health anxiety is x

Hi everyone,

so had consultation and ultrasound in one, nothing sinister to be seen, just fibrocystic boobs.

She did say she could feel a lymph node just in front of my armpit but wasn’t worried at all, she said it should feel like a bean and we only worry when it feels like a cherry. it worries me a bit she could feel a lymph node there bc now I’m feeling my armpits and stuff for others but she wasn’t worried.

they were all really kind in there, she couldn’t feel what the paramedic could feel, and said the dimply bit was probs a stretch mark, but nothing seen on ultrasound 🙂

so all in all I think it’s okay, just trying not to get caught up on the lymph node thing.

Thanks for everyone’s support over the last two weeks ❤
And breathe! I’m glad to hear that everything went well. Remember that fibrocystic breasts are normal and harmless and hopefully this has put your mind at ease ❤

• Heart
I think I might take some time away from this thread, just to focus on getting my anxiety a bit better, I’ll always be around though so if anyone wants to talk just tag me in your post and I’ll be here ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think I might take some time away from this thread, just to focus on getting my anxiety a bit better, I’ll always be around though so if anyone wants to talk just tag me in your post and I’ll be here ❤
You look after yourself lovely 🤍 we are always here. Glad to hear that today went well and that they were lovely - kind doctors and nurses make all the difference and I hope it has helped to put your mind at ease. try not to let yourself get caught up in the lymph node as they are very very normal! xx

• Heart
Bless you lovely I can imagine how your feeling. Are you on the pill at all or have you recently had the vaccine? These could be reasons why? You have done the right thing by going to the Gp, although I am sure you will be absolutely fine. Like the ladies have said there are so many reasons as to why you can have extended bleeding, and cancer is the least likely. I really hope you’re ok and I’m always here if you want a chat. I know how lonely health anxiety is x
Thankyou. No change in contraception, (implant for 12 months) but interesting you mention the vaccine, I am double Pfezier jabbed as of mid July. Thanks for being so kind x

Thankyou. No change in contraception, (implant for 12 months) but interesting you mention the vaccine, I am double Pfezier jabbed as of mid July. Thanks for being so kind x
When I had the implant my bleeding was all over the place. I had no bleeding at all for months & months and then completely out of the blue I would just start bleeding and it would last for days or weeks and even months - no rhyme or reason to it at all.

When I had the implant my bleeding was all over the place. I had no bleeding at all for months & months and then completely out of the blue I would just start bleeding and it would last for days or weeks and even months - no rhyme or reason to it at all.
I have heard that a lot about the implant however I have had it for years, just replaced when needed, so this feels so.out the ordinary. However I am happy to have it removed as not sexually active and I hope it is that, compared to my worries!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.