Health Anxiety #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else have health anxiety specifically around anything to do with the heart?
I swear I worry throughout the day about having a heart attack, blood clots etc even though I'm young.
Also recently moved into an apartment block and 3 people have got covid on 3 separate levels and now I struggle to step outside of my flat bc I'm so paranoid that I'll get covid and spread it on to other people ;(
I have severe healthy anxiety related to the heart so I understand where you’re coming from completely. Try to remember that hearts don’t just have attacks out of nowhere and you probably have very very low risk factor looking at your age etc. If you’re super worried speak to your GP, mine has been amazing and sees me every 2/3 weeks at the moment to help with this. Here if you ever need to talk x

Reactions: 2
I am hoping someone can help! I had to help an injured wild animal earlier (hare). It was wrapped in two blankets but its head out. I held it through the blanket. But I realised the surface of my car that I put it on had a residue on it (I think from eye or mouth). It is all disinfected but then I got thinking about rabies. I read there is rarely non bite exposure to rabies I. E. Through salvia to an open wound. Well, my hands are dry and cracked and now I am worried. I did read online that Hates rarely carry the virus but now I am so so paranoid. I tried to call Healthlink but can't get through. Any advice?

I am hoping someone can help! I had to help an injured wild animal earlier (hare). It was wrapped in two blankets but its head out. I held it through the blanket. But I realised the surface of my car that I put it on had a residue on it (I think from eye or mouth). It is all disinfected but then I got thinking about rabies. I read there is rarely non bite exposure to rabies I. E. Through salvia to an open wound. Well, my hands are dry and cracked and now I am worried. I did read online that Hates rarely carry the virus but now I am so so paranoid. I tried to call Healthlink but can't get through. Any advice?
It’s extremely unlikely that you would have contacted Rabies in this way. However if you have concerns contact your GP, explain what happened and ask about the rabies vaccine which if given within 10 days of exposure can stop the virus.

Hi everyone
I have ptsd around 8 years ago I was hit by a car while I was with my kids taking them to school , long story short I became very unwell mentally I now have bad Heath anxiety 😦
Last 3 months I’ve had very bad acid reflux and sensation of something in my throat doctor said he does not think it’s anything serious but wants me to have a camera down the throat but I refused (anxiety)
Any advice greatly appreciated xx

Hi everyone
I have ptsd around 8 years ago I was hit by a car while I was with my kids taking them to school , long story short I became very unwell mentally I now have bad Heath anxiety 😦
Last 3 months I’ve had very bad acid reflux and sensation of something in my throat doctor said he does not think it’s anything serious but wants me to have a camera down the throat but I refused (anxiety)
Any advice greatly appreciated xx
What is it that worrying you - the procedure itself or waiting to find out what’s going on?

with regards to the acid reflux - what have you tried to help it? Has the Dr prescribed anything?

Everything worries me doctors ,hospitals the procedure the sedation etc what they could find
I’ve been given two months worth of nexium

About two weeks now the acid coming up feels less but still have the sensation of something in my throat when I swallow
Your throat has probably been burnt by the acid coming up so it’s probably going to take some time to go completely. I’d finish the course of nexium and see how things are then; if you haven’t found any real improvement in the throat by then (as in, you still have the sensation that something is there) then going in for a quick look with the camera is probably going to be the next step.

Reactions: 1
Your throat has probably been burnt by the acid coming up so it’s probably going to take some time to go completely. I’d finish the course of nexium and see how things are then; if you haven’t found any real improvement in the throat by then (as in, you still have the sensation that something is there) then going in for a quick look with the camera is probably going to be the next step.
Thanks , I’m hoping it passes and I can avoid any procedures 🥴 the place I go to in my head is a scary place 😭

Thanks , I’m hoping it passes and I can avoid any procedures 🥴 the place I go to in my head is a scary place 😭
I have had a camera down my throat before and it honestly wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I thought in my head. It might put your mind at ease too, I know it did with me xx

Reactions: 1
That’s good to hear thanks 😊 did you have sedation ? X
Oh gosh no, it’s not even worth it! I sat in the consultants office, he looked up my nose and down my throat with a tiny tiny camera on a sort of long wire. I was allowed my best friend with me at the time and I’m sure you would be allowed someone too. I just held her hand incase it was painful but I can honestly say it was just mildly uncomfortable. I guess it depends how far down they need to look? I have some lumps all around my lower neck so I guess he went quite far down with mine. I then went for ultrasounds straight after. I was there a few hours but when they told me there was nothing abnormal it made me feel so relieved and I really believed it as they had done all the checks they needed to do x

• Heart
Oh gosh no, it’s not even worth it! I sat in the consultants office, he looked up my nose and down my throat with a tiny tiny camera on a sort of long wire. I was allowed my best friend with me at the time and I’m sure you would be allowed someone too. I just held her hand incase it was painful but I can honestly say it was just mildly uncomfortable. I guess it depends how far down they need to look? I have some lumps all around my lower neck so I guess he went quite far down with mine. I then went for ultrasounds straight after. I was there a few hours but when they told me there was nothing abnormal it made me feel so relieved and I really believed it as they had done all the checks they needed to do x
I’m so glad all was ok for you x so scary ain’t it we always think the worse , I’m hoping with diet change and tablets I can get rid of it maybe 😬 will give it a couple of weeks if no improvements will have to arrange the camera x

Ffs too busy finding new burger kings prob

Sorry wrong thread lol

Attachments

Last edited:
My health anxiety is a bit in overdrive right now after having blood tests done on Friday. I went to go and see my Endocrine doctor about my PCOS and I have quite a few things that cause fatigue and I’ve felt really fatigued recently, I generally do this time of year when the weather changes but I don’t know if it just feels more than normal. So the doctor asked if I had ever been tested for an under active thyroid which I haven’t - so maybe it is that but sometimes I’ve thought I had chronic fatigue syndrome as even though they’ll give me stuff to help with fatigue it’s still there. So we will see, no idea what that entails mind you. But blood tests just make me anxious.

She also asked me if I had high blood pressure normally as it came back high but it never has and now I’m worried about that, even though she and a nurse both said it was probably down to rushing to get there and also that I might be anxious. Said she’s not too worried as i’m young and healthy and it could well be a one off rather than put me on medication but will ask my GP to keep an eye on me. I wonder what I can do to lower my blood pressure without medication and wonder if it’s genetic as my mum is on blood pressure tablets but think that’s cos she had a stroke so I don’t think it could be genetic no?

My health anxiety is a bit in overdrive right now after having blood tests done on Friday. I went to go and see my Endocrine doctor about my PCOS and I have quite a few things that cause fatigue and I’ve felt really fatigued recently, I generally do this time of year when the weather changes but I don’t know if it just feels more than normal. So the doctor asked if I had ever been tested for an under active thyroid which I haven’t - so maybe it is that but sometimes I’ve thought I had chronic fatigue syndrome as even though they’ll give me stuff to help with fatigue it’s still there. So we will see, no idea what that entails mind you. But blood tests just make me anxious.

She also asked me if I had high blood pressure normally as it came back high but it never has and now I’m worried about that, even though she and a nurse both said it was probably down to rushing to get there and also that I might be anxious. Said she’s not too worried as i’m young and healthy and it could well be a one off rather than put me on medication but will ask my GP to keep an eye on me. I wonder what I can do to lower my blood pressure without medication and wonder if it’s genetic as my mum is on blood pressure tablets but think that’s cos she had a stroke so I don’t think it could be genetic no?
They just take blood to do the check on
Your thyroid so it’s just a normal blood test taken at your GP surgery.

wouldn’t worry at all regarding the blood pressure thing. It sounds more like a kind of off the cuff comment than a serious observation. You can buy a blood pressure machine to keep any eye on it for yourself if you want but if you are young,fit & otherwise healthy I really wouldn’t worry about it.

They just take blood to do the check on
Your thyroid so it’s just a normal blood test taken at your GP surgery.

wouldn’t worry at all regarding the blood pressure thing. It sounds more like a kind of off the cuff comment than a serious observation. You can buy a blood pressure machine to keep any eye on it for yourself if you want but if you are young,fit & otherwise healthy I really wouldn’t worry about it.
Yeah I had it at the hospital and the nurse wasn’t really helpful, seemed to suggest hospital will deal with results rather than GP which seems new. But I think it’s just the anxiety of if anything else came back you get me?

Yes we’ve got a blood pressure machine at home cos of my mum so I’m gonna keep an eye on it but in my head I just worry even when I don’t need to 😂

Yeah I had it at the hospital and the nurse wasn’t really helpful, seemed to suggest hospital will deal with results rather than GP which seems new. But I think it’s just the anxiety of if anything else came back you get me?

Yes we’ve got a blood pressure machine at home cos of my mum so I’m gonna keep an eye on it but in my head I just worry even when I don’t need to 😂
If they have taken your blood specifically to
Check your thyroid function then that is the only thing they will be checking it for. When they order blood tests they request the lab to check it for whatever they need - they don’t just get the lab to screen the sample for everything they can. That’s why if your having bloods done for multiple things they have to take more than 1 vial - it goes for different testing and there’s different fluid in each vial depending on what it’s for (for example the CBC/FBC is different to the U&E/LFTs)

I had actual pain when swallowing last year - my head went to all sorts of places. Doctor put me on medication for stomach acid and it totally went away.

Sensation of something in your throat is a very common anxiety symptom - its called globus hystericus

Reactions: 3
I fell over Thursday and bruised my calf. I've noticed part of my leg is completely numb. Is this any cause for concern?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.