Health Anxiety #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another weekend is done and here I am literally feeling like I want to cry at the prospect of another week alone 😪 I did end up enquiring about a private mole check, but if I go even if the mole I’m worried about isn’t bad, I’ve got plenty more slightly (I think) odd looking ones that ones bound to be bad 😪 I can’t go on like this, I need to go have them checked but I’m just scared 😪
im not going to do anything silly but I’ve been having mildly suicidal thoughts recently
…edited to add I think these thoughts are more to do with intrusive OCD thoughts then actually going to do anything…I’m just so exhausted and sad about all this. And I know my fear around moles and everything else is a manifestation of a deeper mental health problem but I’m going from scared thoughts about my health to okay and reassuring myself to exhausted multiple times an hour and I’m just so fed up

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Another weekend is done and here I am literally feeling like I want to cry at the prospect of another week alone 😪 I did end up enquiring about a private mole check, but if I go even if the mole I’m worried about isn’t bad, I’ve got plenty more slightly (I think) odd looking ones that ones bound to be bad 😪 I can’t go on like this, I need to go have them checked but I’m just scared 😪
im not going to do anything silly but I’ve been having mildly suicidal thoughts recently
…edited to add I think these thoughts are more to do with intrusive OCD thoughts then actually going to do anything…I’m just so exhausted and sad about all this. And I know my fear around moles and everything else is a manifestation of a deeper mental health problem but I’m going from scared thoughts about my health to okay and reassuring myself to exhausted multiple times an hour and I’m just so fed up
Hey lovely. So sorry it took all day for me to reply as I was working 12-10. Do you mind me asking why it is that you’re alone so often? I remember you mentioning you have a partner but they work away a lot? Please correct me if I’m wrong. I feel like you deserve more and I hope that they support you in your worries when they are there.

I’m so sorry that you’re feeling this way and are having suicidal thoughts. I can understand why as you’re torturing yourself 24/7 and it never gets any better for you. We need to find a way for you to have atleast some small breaks in the day to feel calm. Is there anything that helps or distracts you? Have you ever spoken to the GP about how much you’re suffering with your health anxiety? Do you have support at home? Family? Friends? I wish I could message you or find you on social media to reach out 🥺❤

Reactions: 1
Hey lovely. So sorry it took all day for me to reply as I was working 12-10. Do you mind me asking why it is that you’re alone so often? I remember you mentioning you have a partner but they work away a lot? Please correct me if I’m wrong. I feel like you deserve more and I hope that they support you in your worries when they are there.

I’m so sorry that you’re feeling this way and are having suicidal thoughts. I can understand why as you’re torturing yourself 24/7 and it never gets any better for you. We need to find a way for you to have atleast some small breaks in the day to feel calm. Is there anything that helps or distracts you? Have you ever spoken to the GP about how much you’re suffering with your health anxiety? Do you have support at home? Family? Friends? I wish I could message you or find you on social media to reach out 🥺❤
Honestly it’s fine! Yeah he works away during the week, and him working nearer home isn’t really an option ☹ But when he is home he just says ‘stop worrying’.
if I speak to the GP I’ll have to go on medication and I really don’t want to do that, but what other choices do I have? I already have counselling and although I’ve gone back it’s just not working anymore.
my mum and dad live quite close by, and I can WhatsApp my sisters and stuff, I just wish I could fix whatever’s making me feel like this, but also have to remember the past year has been so weird and different, I don’t think my anxiety would have got to the level if things were all normal.
Bless you you’re so good to keep talking to me ❤

Would any of you be concerned if you had a tiny bit of brown discharge then nothing until you started your period two days later?

Would any of you be concerned if you had a tiny bit of brown discharge then nothing until you started your period two days later?
No I get this most months! A bit of spotting a couple of days before and then it starts after that. I don’t know why but I have always had it xx

Reactions: 7
Got a pain when I move forward under my boob but it’s not my boob, it’s my rib, when I press on it it’s tender, so obviously I think it’s mesolithiothemia or lung cancer 🙃 also I had some dark red/brown blood earlier as I’m coming towards the end of my period but about an hour ago had a bit of bright red blood too? Do you think that’s normal?

Hi all, TMI but has anybody ever had a small bit of white mucus in their stools?? I haven’t been eating great this weekend and have been to restaurants etc so I’m wondering if this is why? No blood but panicking 🥺

Got a pain when I move forward under my boob but it’s not my boob, it’s my rib, when I press on it it’s tender, so obviously I think it’s mesolithiothemia or lung cancer 🙃 also I had some dark red/brown blood earlier as I’m coming towards the end of my period but about an hour ago had a bit of bright red blood too? Do you think that’s normal?
I have this pain and I put it down to anxiety as it’s always there after my period and when I think about it! And yes to the blood that is normal, I have it every single month x

That's muscular - almost 99% positive. I get the same thing (in fact have it this morning!)

Period blood sounds completely normal to me :)

Hi all, TMI but has anybody ever had a small bit of white mucus in their stools?? I haven’t been eating great this weekend and have been to restaurants etc so I’m wondering if this is why? No blood but panicking 🥺
I think this is really common with IBS? I'm sure I've had that before and not panicked and I usually panic about everything if that helps at all 😂

Reactions: 2
That's muscular - almost 99% positive. I get the same thing (in fact have it this morning!)

Period blood sounds completely normal to me :)

I think this is really common with IBS? I'm sure I've had that before and not panicked and I usually panic about everything if that helps at all 😂
yeah it seems to coincide with the start and finish of my period too x

I have this pain and I put it down to anxiety as it’s always there after my period and when I think about it! And yes to the blood that is normal, I have it every single month x
There’s mucus in your bowel like there is in your nose, sometimes it comes out when you go to the toilet 🙂 I get this quite often, had loads when my IBS was flaring up! But yes it’s normal, can also be if like you’ve eaten something more fibrous than you normally do, it can ‘clean you out’ and mucus comes out as part of that x

• Heart
I got a weird heady feeling. Feel like I've got a head cold. It's been doing my head in (literally haha) but don't want to go to the doctor if I can help out. It was worse before the weekend and it has improved, but wondering what the hell it is. I can concentrate ok and don't really have a headache to speak of, nor dizziness. It's just a heady/head cold type symptoms, including a little bit of congestion in the nose and ears. Also, I got a little bit of a phlegm when I clear my throat. I'm wondering if it's my anxiety playing up as last week I was a little bit more anxious than usual. Damn anxiety creates so many weird symptoms.

Reactions: 2
There’s mucus in your bowel like there is in your nose, sometimes it comes out when you go to the toilet 🙂 I get this quite often, had loads when my IBS was flaring up! But yes it’s normal, can also be if like you’ve eaten something more fibrous than you normally do, it can ‘clean you out’ and mucus comes out as part of that x
Thank you lovely x

I got a weird heady feeling. Feel like I've got a head cold. It's been doing my head in (literally haha) but don't want to go to the doctor if I can help out. It was worse before the weekend and it has improved, but wondering what the hell it is. I can concentrate ok and don't really have a headache to speak of, nor dizziness. It's just a heady/head cold type symptoms, including a little bit of congestion in the nose and ears. Also, I got a little bit of a phlegm when I clear my throat. I'm wondering if it's my anxiety playing up as last week I was a little bit more anxious than usual. Damn anxiety creates so many weird symptoms.
Could it be the weather? The air pressures been crazy recently! I get that weird heady feeling sometimes when it’s thundery x

Could it be the weather? The air pressures been crazy recently! I get that weird heady feeling sometimes when it’s thundery x
It could be. No idea. Haha. I swear I've had similar a few months ago. It's like a mild head cold and mild congestion. Just weird. Do you have general anxiety?

It could be. No idea. Haha. I swear I've had similar a few months ago. It's like a mild head cold and mild congestion. Just weird. Do you have general anxiety?
It could be like a minor cold or something! Especially if you’ve been out and about more often lately! Hmm yes but mainly manifests itself in Health Anxiety ☹ You?

Sounds like sinus possibly - I suffer with mine quite a bit. I've had it a few times over the past year (thought I had covid every time!) - get post nasal drop in back of throat, sore throat, pressure in head and can get congestion too.

Have you tried an antihistamine? could be hay fever as well!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.