Health Anxiety #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes the difference is mad! I would say all the lumps I felt before my period have all gone down a lot, some I can barely feel now…a cancerous lump would stay hard wouldn’t it? And id probably be able to feel it even more when everything else went down?
A cancerous lump doesn't go away and come back - the hallmark of cancer is uncontrolled growth, once it starts it doesnt stop.

Reactions: 3
Maybe I’m just being paranoid but everyone’s reactions seem to be different this time 😰 from the woman at the drs feelings something I can’t feel to my boyfriend just acting different about it saying like ‘well you can’t do anything now till your appt’ I don’t know he just seems different about it all this time.
also identified a new area of concern, down by the inside of my areola (the side that points towards the middle of your chest) I can feel loads of little hardish lumps that feel like a bag of small marbles/grains, I don’t know if it’s because they’re overlapping or what but some feel quite hard and pebbly? Does anyone else have that?

Maybe I’m just being paranoid but everyone’s reactions seem to be different this time 😰 from the woman at the drs feelings something I can’t feel to my boyfriend just acting different about it saying like ‘well you can’t do anything now till your appt’ I don’t know he just seems different about it all this time.
also identified a new area of concern, down by the inside of my areola (the side that points towards the middle of your chest) I can feel loads of little hardish lumps that feel like a bag of small marbles/grains, I don’t know if it’s because they’re overlapping or what but some feel quite hard and pebbly? Does anyone else have that?
I have just checked and I have that too. I think maybe it's something to do with milk ducts?

What would you all do in my situation? I’ve felt around with multiple fingers, one finger, hand on hip, hand in the air, bent over, looked in the mirror, and I am 90% sure I can’t see or feel any thickening or ‘scraggly bit’ where she said. I pointed out a different lump that I can actually feel and she said she couldnt feel anything? But she can feel this scraggly bit that I can’t?? It almost felt like she was just saying she could feel something to justify referring me. She did basically say they refer you if you think somethings changed, but literally what is the point in even going there if they’ll just refer you anyway?? I can’t feel anything with fairly deep pressure, and obvs not wearing any gloves like she was.

I have a weird flattish grooved lump underneath, but I can barely feel it now my period is here and it was rock hard the other day where I was poking and prodding but it’s gone down now, and I can feel a smaller but similar lump in the same place on my other boob.

So, would you:
Trust yourself that they’re your boobs, not hers, and trust yourself?
now I’ve been referred, just wait for that?
call the doctors and ask for a second opinion?
Call the drs and complain/tell them my concerns about my appt?

maybe I was stupid to think because she’s a woman she’d understand and be more sympathetic 😪 literally didn’t even get a ‘dont worry’ at any point through the appt
I just read some of your posts and I can tell your in pain right now. I've been here many, many times before. My mum died of breast cancer young and it's a constant concern for me. I've let myself get into a dark place and trust me I might as well of had cancer the amount of worrying I was doing. It was ruining my life.

You are being referred to the breast clinic, so all you need to do now is keep it together, be logical, don't let yourself spiral into a dark place. Write down all your concerns so when you go you can get them to check everything. Stop checking your breasts until you go, try to keep busy and take your mind off it. I know it's hard but you need to live that life you're so terrified of losing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I just read some of your posts and I can tell your in pain right now. I've been here many, many times before. My mum died of breast cancer young and it's a constant concern for me. I've let myself get into a dark place and trust me I might as well of had cancer the amount of worrying I was doing. It was ruining my life.

You are being referred to the breast clinic, so all you need to do now is keep it together, be logical, don't let yourself spiral into a dark place. Write down all your concerns so when you go you can get them to check everything. Stop checking your breasts until you go, try to keep busy and take your mind off it. I know it's hard but you need to live that life you're so terrified of losing.
Thankyou for your kind words,you’re right.

I’m so sorry about your mum ❤ I hope I don’t come across as insensitive ☹

@ChampagneBox i hope you’re ok lovely. I know how you feel with the constant worry. I just want to echo what others say, every time you think that ‘this is it’ this is just the health anxiety talking. You have to think that you have done an AMAZINGLY brave thing by going to the doctors and getting help as soon as you noticed something (which im sure you will be absolutely fine!!). I read a study a while back which said that people with health anxiety are more likely to live longer lives due to being so in tune and aware of our bodies that we would go and seek medical help much more quicker compared to other people. I guess that’s one good thing that we have going for us health anxiety sufferers! Let me know how you get on lovely X

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@ChampagneBox i hope you’re ok lovely. I know how you feel with the constant worry. I just want to echo what others say, every time you think that ‘this is it’ this is just the health anxiety talking. You have to think that you have done an AMAZINGLY brave thing by going to the doctors and getting help as soon as you noticed something (which im sure you will be absolutely fine!!). I read a study a while back which said that people with health anxiety are more likely to live longer lives due to being so in tune and aware of our bodies that we would go and seek medical help much more quicker compared to other people. I guess that’s one good thing that we have going for us health anxiety sufferers! Let me know how you get on lovely X
Thankyou so much ❤
How are you doing now?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Thankyou so much ❤
How are you doing now?
Im doing ok thank you for asking! I went for a rescan on Tuesday and there was only one baby so the other ‘pregnancy’ had been reabsorbed. It’s been a lot to get my head around but I’m thinking much clearer now and am looking forward to the future ❤

• Heart
I have a dermatologist appointment this morning that I am incredibly nervous for. Wish me good vibes guys!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have a dermatologist appointment this morning that I am incredibly nervous for. Wish me good vibes guys!
Sending you love!! ❤❤❤

Does anyone else sometimes feel with one worry like omg this is it this time and then with the next worry you don’t feel that? That then makes me anxious that this time I know it’s bad and my body knows so it’s not going into overdrive worrying ☹

What would you all do in my situation? I’ve felt around with multiple fingers, one finger, hand on hip, hand in the air, bent over, looked in the mirror, and I am 90% sure I can’t see or feel any thickening or ‘scraggly bit’ where she said. I pointed out a different lump that I can actually feel and she said she couldnt feel anything? But she can feel this scraggly bit that I can’t?? It almost felt like she was just saying she could feel something to justify referring me. She did basically say they refer you if you think somethings changed, but literally what is the point in even going there if they’ll just refer you anyway?? I can’t feel anything with fairly deep pressure, and obvs not wearing any gloves like she was.

I have a weird flattish grooved lump underneath, but I can barely feel it now my period is here and it was rock hard the other day where I was poking and prodding but it’s gone down now, and I can feel a smaller but similar lump in the same place on my other boob.

So, would you:
Trust yourself that they’re your boobs, not hers, and trust yourself?
now I’ve been referred, just wait for that?
call the doctors and ask for a second opinion?
Call the drs and complain/tell them my concerns about my appt?

maybe I was stupid to think because she’s a woman she’d understand and be more sympathetic 😪 literally didn’t even get a ‘dont worry’ at any point through the appt
Wait for your referral to the breast clinic. You can express your concerns to them and they have the skills, in depth knowledge and equipment to give you a proper check over and reassure you.
I don’t think there’s anything to be gained by having a second opinion from another GP, it will just cause you more worry.

Sending you love!! ❤❤❤

Does anyone else sometimes feel with one worry like omg this is it this time and then with the next worry you don’t feel that? That then makes me anxious that this time I know it’s bad and my body knows so it’s not going into overdrive worrying ☹
Honestly hun I wouldn't pay *any* mind to wether or not you think 'this is it', because 9/10 you do and 10/10 regardless of what you've thought, you've been fine. That is one truth for most of us with HA that we absolutely cannot be relied upon. That's why if you ever have a worry, it's better to stop checking it yourself completely and get yourself to a professional who has the gift of logic, rationality and experience/expertise. It really doesn't matter what your brain tells you, because he's a lying bastard and hasn't got you anywhere thusfar.

Sending you love!! ❤❤❤

Thank you! My appointment went totally fine, thank goodness.

And an important thing about health anxious people - our "gut instinct" when it comes to this stuff is not worth anything. In fact, it tells lies instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you! My appointment went totally fine, thank goodness.

And an important thing about health anxious people - our "gut instinct" when it comes to this stuff is not worth anything. In fact, it tells lies instead.
So glad to hear that!

Having an alright evening then open up my news app and the first headline is ’31 year old dies of breast cancer that was missed by drs’ when will I catch a break

• Sad
So in the last 2 or 3 weeks whenever I sleep on my left side I’m getting this dull pressure feeling like kind of underneath my rib cage. I’m now convinced I’ve got some kind of cancer 😞 I’ve always slept on that side and never had a problem. I’m 8 weeks pregnant so didn’t know if that had anything to do with it but I doubt it.

I’m fed up of worrying 😢

• Sad
So in the last 2 or 3 weeks whenever I sleep on my left side I’m getting this dull pressure feeling like kind of underneath my rib cage. I’m now convinced I’ve got some kind of cancer 😞 I’ve always slept on that side and never had a problem. I’m 8 weeks pregnant so didn’t know if that had anything to do with it but I doubt it.

I’m fed up of worrying 😢
Never been pregnant but if it’s only just started I’d say the pregnancy is a safe assumption for a cause? Maybe next time you see a midwife you could ask them what they think?

• Heart

I’m fed up of worrying 😢
Very common in pregnancy, try not to worry, you’ll feel all sorts of aches, pains, cramps etc over the course of your pregnancy!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.