Have you met a member of the royal family?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I absolutely love the “celebs you have met” thread on here and I love all things royal so thought I would merge the two 💁🏻‍♀️

Has anyone got any stories about meeting a member of the royal family? Have you met Queen Liz? I’d love to hear them! Please share... I unfortunately haven’t met anyone royal. Hopefully, maybe one day 😂

Reactions: 5
A few for you... Prince Philip (very short, way shorter than I expected, like 5’4ish); Prince Harry (as a schoolboy in McDonalds 😂); Prince William (also as a schoolboy, probably aged 16, very tall and not as posh a voice as I expected 😂) - I grew up near Eton, hence the princes as school kids (as was I!).

Reactions: 6
i used to work for them,so yes!!
Oh wow!!! That’s amazing 🙌🏻

A few for you... Prince Philip (very short, way shorter than I expected, like 5’4ish); Prince Harry (as a schoolboy in McDonalds 😂); Prince William (also as a schoolboy, probably aged 16, very tall and not as posh a voice as I expected 😂) - I grew up near Eton, hence the princes as school kids (as was I!).
Oh my goodness!! Incredible! I can’t believe Prince Phillip is so small!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I worked in a well known shop in a posh area in london. So I've met a couple.

Beatrice & Eugenie: stuck up & moody. Greeted them & asked if they needed any help (as we did with everyone) & they glared at us & left.

Kate: Quiet but lovely. So polite to all of us (it was a tiny shop) & very down to earth. Her bodyguard was so unassuming! Tiny, balding man who I thought was a random customer. Lovely lady.

Reactions: 14
The Queen (she shook my hand but seemed knackered and bored af), Prince Philip (bit of a joker) and Princess Beatrice (seemed friendly and fun).

I’ve met Wills & Kate, very formal occasion, had to stand in the line up to shake their hands etc. Wills was absolutely amazing, I was nervous and he was fantastic at putting me at ease and really quick witted so made us all laugh & relax. Kate was a lot quieter but still just as lovely. Couldn’t believe the amount of paps they had around them, don’t envy that one bit!

• Heart
My Mum met Princess Di. She volunteered at an hospice and Di visited. My mum wasn't her biggest fan. Once inside (there was no press) Di asked to visit the patients and there was a lady who had said no as she had badly 'eaten away' legs due to the cancer and she was embarassed (look, smell etc It was bad that the nurses didnt like dressing them) Di popped her in her room and asked if she could go in and see her. The lady relented and explained about her legs. Di asked if she would mind if she dressed them for her and so she did. She cleaned them, put on the lotions and potions and bandages and all without making any kind of deal out it. The lady was blown away, As was my mum who instantly became her biggest fan. Still well up when i think of it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I worked in a well known shop in a posh area in london. So I've met a couple.

Beatrice & Eugenie: stuck up & moody. Greeted them & asked if they needed any help (as we did with everyone) & they glared at us & left.

Kate: Quiet but lovely. So polite to all of us (it was a tiny shop) & very down to earth. Her bodyguard was so unassuming! Tiny, balding man who I thought was a random customer. Lovely lady.
Are you sure that wasnt William? 😂 (jk)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yes, I've met Princess Anne. She came to my place of work and I shook her hand. I have a picture of me with her that someone took. She was very pleasant.

Reactions: 2
My family have met the Queen and Prince Philip. My brothers planted a tree with her in London. I was not born at that point. My mum still has a picture of it proudly in the living room, and strangely Prince Philip is taller than my dad who is 5'9 (in reference to the earlier post about him being short?!). We also used to play with another family member's kids because of where we lived in London but not saying who and where because it would almost identify me if you know me personally. Not a Royal who makes the news often these days, but still one who is counted as part of the official family with duties etc. Don't ever remember meeting her but do remember playing with the kids a lot and they were just as rough and ready as we were. 😄 If you're desperate to know I can happily tell you privately.

I one passed Princess Margaret on an escalator at The Ideal Home Exhibition. My mum totally missed who it was as she was struck by her hands. She leaned back to say "I bet she doesn't do any housework with those nails". Then we nearly got crushed trying to get off said escalator because crowds went nutso.

I also got into a lift at work one day and these two blokes told me to get out of the lift. I was about to give them some mouth but then Princess Anne rushed in with another bloke and said "thank you" and smiled. She was barely recognizable in civvy clothes which I've always like about her.

• Heart
Yeeerp, worked in a well known hospital and prince Charles and camilla came to visit.
Being central london there wasn't loads of room to ensure security was in place surrounding the grounds (imagine a hospital without a car park...on a regular side street.) I remember standing on the staff room balcony looking down below and along the road, sitting in the cafe's were undercover security guards, not being very undercover at all....imagine cartoon spies peering through newspapers with very noticeable ear pieces 😂

• Haha
My family have met the Queen and Prince Philip. My brothers planted a tree with her in London. I was not born at that point. My mum still has a picture of it proudly in the living room, and strangely Prince Philip is taller than my dad who is 5'9 (in reference to the earlier post about him being short?!). We also used to play with another family member's kids because of where we lived in London but not saying who and where because it would almost identify me if you know me personally. Not a Royal who makes the news often these days, but still one who is counted as part of the official family with duties etc. Don't ever remember meeting her but do remember playing with the kids a lot and they were just as rough and ready as we were. 😄 If you're desperate to know I can happily tell you privately.

I one passed Princess Margaret on an escalator at The Ideal Home Exhibition. My mum totally missed who it was as she was struck by her hands. She leaned back to say "I bet she doesn't do any housework with those nails". Then we nearly got crushed trying to get off said escalator because crowds went nutso.

I also got into a lift at work one day and these two blokes told me to get out of the lift. I was about to give them some mouth but then Princess Anne rushed in with another bloke and said "thank you" and smiled. She was barely recognizable in civvy clothes which I've always like about her.
Maybe I’m mistaken, I’m 5’8 and he was shorter than me... but this was only a few years ago and it may be that he’s hunched up with age?! I just remember being surprised he wasn’t taller!

I met Princess Di when she visited our local hospital. I was a brownie and presented her with a bouquet. I was filmed doing it and was asked by a reporter if I’d be writing about the occasion in my diary. I said “Er, no’. Mortified.
I remember her being very elegant. I was gutted when she died.

I haven't personally met any Royals however my Dad has met Princess Anne, he was prepared and was told not to offer to shake her hand until she offers it to you. She was lovely and a very hard working member of the Royal family.

Reactions: 4
Maybe I’m mistaken, I’m 5’8 and he was shorter than me... but this was only a few years ago and it may be that he’s hunched up with age?! I just remember being surprised he wasn’t taller!
Yeh, I guess he could have easily lost a few inches with age. He's probably also used to hunching down on command. :ROFLMAO: