Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
My Mum met Princess Di. She volunteered at an hospice and Di visited. My mum wasn't her biggest fan. Once inside (there was no press) Di asked to visit the patients and there was a lady who had said no as she had badly 'eaten away' legs due to the cancer and she was embarassed (look, smell etc It was bad that the nurses didnt like dressing them) Di popped her in her room and asked if she could go in and see her. The lady relented and explained about her legs. Di asked if she would mind if she dressed them for her and so she did. She cleaned them, put on the lotions and potions and bandages and all without making any kind of deal out it. The lady was blown away, As was my mum who instantly became her biggest fan. Still well up when i think of it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 45

Notaninstamum

I worked in a well known shop in a posh area in london. So I've met a couple.

Beatrice & Eugenie: stuck up & moody. Greeted them & asked if they needed any help (as we did with everyone) & they glared at us & left.

Kate: Quiet but lovely. So polite to all of us (it was a tiny shop) & very down to earth. Her bodyguard was so unassuming! Tiny, balding man who I thought was a random customer. Lovely lady.

Reactions: 14
Then there was that time I met Prince Andrew at a pizza joint. He said I can't stop, I'm off out tonight!
I don't suppose it's important.?

• Haha
Reactions: 12

newtoyou

VIP Member
I worked in a well known shop in a posh area in london. So I've met a couple.

Beatrice & Eugenie: stuck up & moody. Greeted them & asked if they needed any help (as we did with everyone) & they glared at us & left.

Kate: Quiet but lovely. So polite to all of us (it was a tiny shop) & very down to earth. Her bodyguard was so unassuming! Tiny, balding man who I thought was a random customer. Lovely lady.
Are you sure that wasnt William? šŸ˜‚ (jk)

• Haha
Reactions: 10

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I've never met any of them but I always think Camilla looks like someone who'd be fun to have a gin with. Has anyone met her?

Reactions: 8

Horatio

VIP Member
Then there was that time I met Prince Andrew at a pizza joint. He said I can't stop, I'm off out tonight!
I don't suppose it's important.?
Not pizza express in Woking was it? He loves that place, canā€™t get enough of the dough balls.
Af least thatā€™s what he said when i met him on a Perfectly Ordinary Shooting Weekend. Which I really have nothing whatsoever to report from, it was as ordinary a shooting weekend as shooting weekends come. We all know the drill.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Did he get the toy, that's the real question!
šŸ¤£ he did NOT! Which made me so happy, as I never let my kids have those toys, and now I can say ā€œwell if prince George isnā€™t allowed then you arenā€™t eitherā€ šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

Minxxx

Yes a few of them on various occasions. Iā€™m not a big fan of the royals or the whole idea of a monarchy so didnā€™t really pay much attention. I remember Prince Andrew, who was astoundingly rude and moody. Harry was really jovial, we were at a rather boring event and he cracked a few jokes when we caught each other yawning. I also met Meghan just before it was revealed that she was dating Harry. She was in an airport bathroom alone. I knew her from Suits and said hi. She was really nice and complimented the lippy I was applying. (MAC Russian Red)

Impleo

VIP Member
Where I live we get the Royals in town reasonably frequently. My kids went to one of the central primary schools, so on a few occasions they were walked up to whatever event was going on to wave the flags etc. It was always fun for them, they were well looked after and they royals would seek out the little ones to talk to them. I've seen quite a few of them, never prince Charles though.

The Queen and Prince Philip - she is always very dutiful, busy doing the official business whilst Prince Philip stood in the background and chatted. They both make an effort to seek out the children and wave at them, which I think is lovely. Even at the end of their duties, as they are driving off, they are engaged with the crowds. I will always have a soft spot for Prince Philip, he doesn't get the best press but of all of the Royals, he is the one who I have found the most personable and engaging.

Wills and Kate - I knew they were coming to where I lived but knew it would be busy so couldn't be bothered to go. Was sat watching it on the news when I saw they were making a short visit to somewhere very close to my house. Threw my shoes on and walked to the end of my road and there was hardly anyone there. Kate and Wills got out of the car and Kate seemed very distracted and flustered, William had to nudge her to turn round and wave. About 2 days after this visit it was announced she was pregnant with George and was in hospital with hyperemesis, so it all made complete sense. She'd obviously been really ill and this was at the end of a long day of engagements, I still have complete sympathy for her.

Andrew. Vile. I've seen him on more than one occasion with police outriders, stopping traffic in an already congested city in rush hour to get to whatever event he was going to. Firstly I get all excited because you see the police motorbikes and think it's going to be someone "big" and then it's bloody Andrew. Secondly, I have no idea why he needs to have at least 3 cars in a procession with at least 6 police outriders (2 in front, 2 behind and 2 to clear the roads) to attend a private event ( I always google it ). He is not a major royal. He is inconveniencing everyone and it causes chaos.

Disgruntled

A few for you... Prince Philip (very short, way shorter than I expected, like 5ā€™4ish); Prince Harry (as a schoolboy in McDonalds šŸ˜‚); Prince William (also as a schoolboy, probably aged 16, very tall and not as posh a voice as I expected šŸ˜‚) - I grew up near Eton, hence the princes as school kids (as was I!).

Reactions: 6
Used to see RF quite bit at posh events for work.
Royal Protection officer said Andrew "was a rude, ignorant, arrogant, bad-the,Peres bastard'.
Maragaret was annoyed when I had to ask her something about how she wanted her food, me being a peasant, so after that I was very familiar just to piss her off.
At least I was earning my own money.

Another time, Charles hid spirits from his staff at their Xmas party, and was annoyed when he wanted whisky that it would take 30 seconds to retrieve.
One of his flunkies wanted a time scale from me of how long it would take.
Which I did in a very sarcastic way.

Charles also got out of a charity do by claiming illness, then was later photographed at a polo do.

Also, I can see why Armstrong-Jones got a lot of action, very charismatic with a sexy smile.

Last edited:
  • Wow

ComeonLen

Iā€™ve met Wills & Kate, very formal occasion, had to stand in the line up to shake their hands etc. Wills was absolutely amazing, I was nervous and he was fantastic at putting me at ease and really quick witted so made us all laugh & relax. Kate was a lot quieter but still just as lovely. Couldnā€™t believe the amount of paps they had around them, donā€™t envy that one bit!

• Heart

Peachy9

VIP Member
Yeeerp, worked in a well known hospital and prince Charles and camilla came to visit.
Being central london there wasn't loads of room to ensure security was in place surrounding the grounds (imagine a hospital without a car park...on a regular side street.) I remember standing on the staff room balcony looking down below and along the road, sitting in the cafe's were undercover security guards, not being very undercover at all....imagine cartoon spies peering through newspapers with very noticeable ear pieces šŸ˜‚

• Haha

Sabbie

VIP Member
My family have met the Queen and Prince Philip. My brothers planted a tree with her in London. I was not born at that point. My mum still has a picture of it proudly in the living room, and strangely Prince Philip is taller than my dad who is 5'9 (in reference to the earlier post about him being short?!). We also used to play with another family member's kids because of where we lived in London but not saying who and where because it would almost identify me if you know me personally. Not a Royal who makes the news often these days, but still one who is counted as part of the official family with duties etc. Don't ever remember meeting her but do remember playing with the kids a lot and they were just as rough and ready as we were. šŸ˜„ If you're desperate to know I can happily tell you privately.

I one passed Princess Margaret on an escalator at The Ideal Home Exhibition. My mum totally missed who it was as she was struck by her hands. She leaned back to say "I bet she doesn't do any housework with those nails". Then we nearly got crushed trying to get off said escalator because crowds went nutso.

I also got into a lift at work one day and these two blokes told me to get out of the lift. I was about to give them some mouth but then Princess Anne rushed in with another bloke and said "thank you" and smiled. She was barely recognizable in civvy clothes which I've always like about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

NitrousOxide

The Queen (she shook my hand but seemed knackered and bored af), Prince Philip (bit of a joker) and Princess Beatrice (seemed friendly and fun).

Horatio

VIP Member
Yes! I think it's on at 9pm on Saturday.

I've honestly been saying this way before the Epstein scandal. There is a sense of entitlement about him (and his daughters) that makes him very unappealing. Halloween one year, walking through the centre of town with my daughter and he had all of the rush hour traffic blocked to get to wherever he was going. I felt bad for everyone trying to get home. I checked and it was a private event, if it was official business it's maybe slightly more acceptable.
Heā€™s going for the line that he ā€œhas no memory of meetingā€ the underage girl that claims he had sex with her 3 times. Oh how predictable! Mad thatā€™s ifs got to the point where he has to do this though. Shame itā€™ll be full of bullshit like that though.

I've never met any of them but I always think Camilla looks like someone who'd be fun to have a gin with. Has anyone met her?
Ha, I love this image of her. I was actually quite ambivalent till the cheeky wink she gave photographers after her photo call with trump and Melania on the state visit... that was very funny.

Got locked in an ante chamber with Prince Phillip once for a few minutes, we had a laugh, fortunately he was past lunging at that stage.
A doctor at a cocktail party told me he was visiting his friend in a small very posh apartment building and got in the lift with Phillip. The floor they got out of had only two flats. The doctor asked the friend he was visiting who lived in the other, the one Phillip went into. The friend said it was an expensive prostitutes flat.

Re Queen Mum, apparently she revelled in all the arse-licking from people. Not literally, different thread. It always makes me laugh whenBuckingham Palace is held up as this immaculate unattatainable example of blah blah. The carpets were always being marinaded in corgi piss. One cocked its leg in front of a colleague, and the Queen Mum passed her a linen napkin to clean it up. We were on.y there for events not incontinent dogs. Colleague handed back napkin.

Camilla looks very masculine, like a retired drag queen who can't be arsed anymore.

There s a member of the RF, you probably have never heard of him, Dule of Gloucester, didn't want any of us seen! He looks like the most un-remarkable nonentity, the irony.

• Haha

TheMotherHen-Kathryn

I absolutely love the ā€œcelebs you have metā€ thread on here and I love all things royal so thought I would merge the two šŸ’šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Has anyone got any stories about meeting a member of the royal family? Have you met Queen Liz? Iā€™d love to hear them! Please share... I unfortunately havenā€™t met anyone royal. Hopefully, maybe one day šŸ˜‚