Have you met a member of the royal family?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My sister used to work for the Middletons and met both George and Charlotte. (With security) - apparently both really polite/playful and just like your average children.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Got locked in an ante chamber with Prince Phillip once for a few minutes, we had a laugh, fortunately he was past lunging at that stage.
A doctor at a cocktail party told me he was visiting his friend in a small very posh apartment building and got in the lift with Phillip. The floor they got out of had only two flats. The doctor asked the friend he was visiting who lived in the other, the one Phillip went into. The friend said it was an expensive prostitutes flat.

Re Queen Mum, apparently she revelled in all the arse-licking from people. Not literally, different thread. It always makes me laugh whenBuckingham Palace is held up as this immaculate unattatainable example of blah blah. The carpets were always being marinaded in corgi piss. One cocked its leg in front of a colleague, and the Queen Mum passed her a linen napkin to clean it up. We were on.y there for events not incontinent dogs. Colleague handed back napkin.

Camilla looks very masculine, like a retired drag queen who can't be arsed anymore.

There s a member of the RF, you probably have never heard of him, Dule of Gloucester, didn't want any of us seen! He looks like the most un-remarkable nonentity, the irony.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I "met" Princess Anne a few years back at the Skills Show at the NEC in Birmingham. Had no idea she was going there and was on a school trip. Me and my friend were busy looking at this stall and then I turn around and there she is, 5 feet away from me! Of course me being me shouts "OMG its Princess Anne!!" And everyone turns around and surrounds her! She had security with her but she gave me the dirtiest look ever, never felt more guilty in my life :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Then there was that time I met Prince Andrew at a pizza joint. He said I can't stop, I'm off out tonight!
I don't suppose it's important.?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Then there was that time I met Prince Andrew at a pizza joint. He said I can't stop, I'm off out tonight!
I don't suppose it's important.?
Not pizza express in Woking was it? He loves that place, can’t get enough of the dough balls.
Af least that’s what he said when i met him on a Perfectly Ordinary Shooting Weekend. Which I really have nothing whatsoever to report from, it was as ordinary a shooting weekend as shooting weekends come. We all know the drill.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It may have been? Or it might have been for a formal dinner held in my honour, when I made it quite clear after a weeks stay that I hate the enabler, pedalo, friend, host? I was staying with? If I have a fault, I'm just too honourable.

I saw the Queen from a short distance when she visited an exhibition I was at. She's very small. Prince Charles and Camilla visited my work and Camilla looks better in real life than in pics. Both were very polite and their security were GORGEOUS!

Reactions: 3
I’ve met Prince Phillip on a walkabout. He was pleasant enough. Brief glimpse of the Queen.

Re his height. If you look at old pictures of the royal family both he and Charles seem to have lost a few inches over the years. Age gets us all, even when you have access to the best health care imaginable.

Dad was in the Welsh Guards and was stationed outside Buckingham Palace, he said the Queen Mother was absolutely lovely

Not me, but my aunt used to teach Wills and Harry piano when they were at Ludgrove, and also Beatrice and Eugenie.

I've met (stood nearby) Prince Charles twice by accident and both times been too shy to greet him 😌

Reactions: 1
Didn’t speak to, but last summer we were at a wildlife/bird sanctuary and who should we come across in the gift shop? Catherine, George and Charlotte. Tbh they were all acting like any other person there and I didn’t even realise who they were until it was pointed out to me. I almost collided with George as he very enthusiastically ran past clutching some junky gift shop toy, begging to have it! Heard them all talking as they sorted out ice creams at the freezer, and was all so wonderfully normal.

Reactions: 4
Didn’t speak to, but last summer we were at a wildlife/bird sanctuary and who should we come across in the gift shop? Catherine, George and Charlotte. Tbh they were all acting like any other person there and I didn’t even realise who they were until it was pointed out to me. I almost collided with George as he very enthusiastically ran past clutching some junky gift shop toy, begging to have it! Heard them all talking as they sorted out ice creams at the freezer, and was all so wonderfully normal.
Did he get the toy, that's the real question!

Reactions: 2
I've met Andy. None of the news surprises me. My brother has met Charles and really liked him. One grandad worked for Queen, said she was strict. Other met Diana on a visit and she changed his (previously negative) view on them.

Reactions: 1
Did he get the toy, that's the real question!
🤣 he did NOT! Which made me so happy, as I never let my kids have those toys, and now I can say “well if prince George isn’t allowed then you aren’t either” 🤣🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
My uncle was once at some sort of scouts gathering in the 80s which was visited by princess Anne.

He was seemingly in charge of the sausages.

Princess Anne: hello, what is it you're doing today?
Uncle: cookin' sausages. Do yer want one?
Princess Anne: No thankyou.

She moves on to next boy.

There ends my family brush with royalty.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've met William and Harry (at separate times). Harry was extremely charming (he really was something special); William was bit awkward. Kate was with him and seemed nervous - I wondered if they'd had a fight or something.

A relative met Camilla at an event and couldn't stop singing her praises - she said she was extremely witty and just a really great conversationalist.

I've heard Zara is incredibly normal and down to earth, which doesn't surprise me one bit.

I've also meet Zara's half-sister (the unacknowledged one) - she's a vet who works in the Southern Hemisphere - but she doesn't really count as royalty as she's not recognised by the royals.