Have you met a member of the royal family?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter about 10 years ago was going out with an officer in the army stationed in N Ireland. She went with him to some fancy dinner at the barracks that Prince Edward was attending. He went round chatting and after noting she was English said - 'ah so you are not one of THEM'. She didn't really know what to say to that.

My daughter about 10 years ago was going out with an officer in the army stationed in N Ireland. She went with him to some fancy dinner at the barracks that Prince Edward was attending. He went round chatting and after noting she was English said - 'ah so you are not one of THEM'. She didn't really know what to say to that.
She should have said " that's what they ask about you"

I served him donkeys years ago, he wa very shy and furtive.

Wow and he always seemed kind of like the youngest child open minded ‘cool’ one with his attempt at a media career and no concern for the throne....

Her dad remarried and had a child

no hidden love child!
Respectfully, you are wrong. I am not referring to the child resulting from the remarriage (whose name is Stephanie).

Oh ok. Gotcha. The way it was phrased was more salacious than it needed it be! 😂
It is more salacious - her name is Felicity - it's NOT the one that resulted from the remarriage.

Last edited:
Her name's Felicity Tonkin and she's four years younger than Zara. Her mum was an art teacher in New Zealand. Mark Phillips acknowledged he was her father in 1991 and he and Anne divorced the following year.

A few for you... Prince Philip (very short, way shorter than I expected, like 5’4ish); Prince Harry (as a schoolboy in McDonalds 😂); Prince William (also as a schoolboy, probably aged 16, very tall and not as posh a voice as I expected 😂) - I grew up near Eton, hence the princes as school kids (as was I!).
Poor Prince Philip used to be so tall - he used to be around six foot.

Respectfully, you are wrong. I am not referring to the child resulting from the remarriage (whose name is Stephanie).

It is more salacious - her name is Felicity - it's NOT the one that resulted from the remarriage.
But unless it’s Anne’s child then it’s not gossip is it?

I have met Princess Anne many years ago at a sailing club. She was nice and chatty. I was the only girl out of about 20 lads so she stood talking to me for ages.

My mum got her Duke of Edinburgh award and my grandma went with her to the Palace. My grandma almost got herself arrested because she tried to go down the wrong corridor looking for the loo and the Queen was down there 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I met Prince Charles when I was about 10yrs old, he was very polite and friendly and commented on a picture I'd drawn

I met Princess Diana. She was very friendly (tall). I use to work in South Kensington.. She use to shop there quite a lot. Only use to see her with an older lady. Never saw any security with her. This was after her she split with Prince Charles. I also met Fergie in Harrods. She looked so different in person. I was struck by how lovely she looked in person. She was really lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
But unless it’s Anne’s child then it’s not gossip is it?
Wrong thread, hun - this is, "have you met a member of the royal family" - not gossip about them.

Although, Felicity is not really Royal though, anyway ... more Royal by association.