Have you met a member of the royal family?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never met any of them but I always think Camilla looks like someone who'd be fun to have a gin with. Has anyone met her?

Reactions: 8
I met the Queen and Megan Markle during their first joint engagement in Chester, they both stopped to speak with our group.

The Queen was lovely, she is so small in real life. I remember so vividly how great she looked for a lady over 90 years of age, her skin regime clearly works wonders as her complextion was glowing. She has a great sense of humour too and took the time to speak with everyone.

Megan is very beautiful, taller than I expected too. She said hello, shook hands and had a brief chat about our group. She is very softly spoken and has a very gentle manner. I thought she was lovely.

Then theres the huge encourage! Which was another experience in itself!

I could tell you all so much more but I'd need a good hour at least!

Then when both the Queen and Megan had left we done interviews with the press/radio which just added another layer of craziness!!

Reactions: 2
At the Suffolk show I met princess Ann and she was a delight. She took time to speak with me and was just a gorgeous, understated person. She could have left earlier than she did, but she wanted to spend time learning about things and speaking with people. Honestly, such a delight.

Prince Harry at the Norfolk show and most recently in Australia. At the Norfolk show I offered him a Mr Kipling French fancy cake. He declined. He was shy and giggly but friendly. Most recently here in oz, he seemed so much more aloof and confident (maybe arrogant?). Megan was really down to earth and lovely. And absolutely tiny.

OMG would love to meet Camila for a drinkie poo! Bet she's amazing!

Not met, technically, but I was in the same room as William and Kate when they visited my niece’s playgroup earlier this year.

They seemed lovely and I noticed Kate always crouched down to the kids’ level to talk to them.

Reactions: 3
Yes a few of them on various occasions. I’m not a big fan of the royals or the whole idea of a monarchy so didn’t really pay much attention. I remember Prince Andrew, who was astoundingly rude and moody. Harry was really jovial, we were at a rather boring event and he cracked a few jokes when we caught each other yawning. I also met Meghan just before it was revealed that she was dating Harry. She was in an airport bathroom alone. I knew her from Suits and said hi. She was really nice and complimented the lippy I was applying. (MAC Russian Red)

Reactions: 7
A few for you... Prince Philip (very short, way shorter than I expected, like 5’4ish); Prince Harry (as a schoolboy in McDonalds 😂); Prince William (also as a schoolboy, probably aged 16, very tall and not as posh a voice as I expected 😂) - I grew up near Eton, hence the princes as school kids (as was I!).
Prince Philip is easily 5’10, and was 6’ as a younger man. Now he’s rather stooped. I met him and The Queen at Ascot several times. I’m 5’4 and he was easily 6” taller than me. The Queen is tiny though.

Yes a few of them on various occasions. I’m not a big fan of the royals or the whole idea of a monarchy so didn’t really pay much attention. I remember Prince Andrew, who was astoundingly rude and moody. Harry was really jovial, we were at a rather boring event and he cracked a few jokes when we caught each other yawning. I also met Meghan just before it was revealed that she was dating Harry. She was in an airport bathroom alone. I knew her from Suits and said hi. She was really nice and complimented the lippy I was applying. (MAC Russian Red)
Prince Andrew came to my school when I was in sixth form and was about 2 hours late and didn’t turn up until after 4 - we’d all been sat around in our staged positions waiting and getting more annoyed as school finished at 3.15!

Prince Philip is easily 5’10, and was 6’ as a younger man. Now he’s rather stooped. I met him and The Queen at Ascot several times. I’m 5’4 and he was easily 6” taller than me. The Queen is tiny though.
Fair enough, but like I said in a previous post, I met him a few years ago and he seemed shorter than me at 5’8 but was probably just stooped with age.

Where I live we get the Royals in town reasonably frequently. My kids went to one of the central primary schools, so on a few occasions they were walked up to whatever event was going on to wave the flags etc. It was always fun for them, they were well looked after and they royals would seek out the little ones to talk to them. I've seen quite a few of them, never prince Charles though.

The Queen and Prince Philip - she is always very dutiful, busy doing the official business whilst Prince Philip stood in the background and chatted. They both make an effort to seek out the children and wave at them, which I think is lovely. Even at the end of their duties, as they are driving off, they are engaged with the crowds. I will always have a soft spot for Prince Philip, he doesn't get the best press but of all of the Royals, he is the one who I have found the most personable and engaging.

Wills and Kate - I knew they were coming to where I lived but knew it would be busy so couldn't be bothered to go. Was sat watching it on the news when I saw they were making a short visit to somewhere very close to my house. Threw my shoes on and walked to the end of my road and there was hardly anyone there. Kate and Wills got out of the car and Kate seemed very distracted and flustered, William had to nudge her to turn round and wave. About 2 days after this visit it was announced she was pregnant with George and was in hospital with hyperemesis, so it all made complete sense. She'd obviously been really ill and this was at the end of a long day of engagements, I still have complete sympathy for her.

Andrew. Vile. I've seen him on more than one occasion with police outriders, stopping traffic in an already congested city in rush hour to get to whatever event he was going to. Firstly I get all excited because you see the police motorbikes and think it's going to be someone "big" and then it's bloody Andrew. Secondly, I have no idea why he needs to have at least 3 cars in a procession with at least 6 police outriders (2 in front, 2 behind and 2 to clear the roads) to attend a private event ( I always google it ). He is not a major royal. He is inconveniencing everyone and it causes chaos.

Reactions: 7
Where I live we get the Royals in town reasonably frequently. My kids went to one of the central primary schools, so on a few occasions they were walked up to whatever event was going on to wave the flags etc. It was always fun for them, they were well looked after and they royals would seek out the little ones to talk to them. I've seen quite a few of them, never prince Charles though.

The Queen and Prince Philip - she is always very dutiful, busy doing the official business whilst Prince Philip stood in the background and chatted. They both make an effort to seek out the children and wave at them, which I think is lovely. Even at the end of their duties, as they are driving off, they are engaged with the crowds. I will always have a soft spot for Prince Philip, he doesn't get the best press but of all of the Royals, he is the one who I have found the most personable and engaging.

Wills and Kate - I knew they were coming to where I lived but knew it would be busy so couldn't be bothered to go. Was sat watching it on the news when I saw they were making a short visit to somewhere very close to my house. Threw my shoes on and walked to the end of my road and there was hardly anyone there. Kate and Wills got out of the car and Kate seemed very distracted and flustered, William had to nudge her to turn round and wave. About 2 days after this visit it was announced she was pregnant with George and was in hospital with hyperemesis, so it all made complete sense. She'd obviously been really ill and this was at the end of a long day of engagements, I still have complete sympathy for her.

Andrew. Vile. I've seen him on more than one occasion with police outriders, stopping traffic in an already congested city in rush hour to get to whatever event he was going to. Firstly I get all excited because you see the police motorbikes and think it's going to be someone "big" and then it's bloody Andrew. Secondly, I have no idea why he needs to have at least 3 cars in a procession with at least 6 police outriders (2 in front, 2 behind and 2 to clear the roads) to attend a private event ( I always google it ). He is not a major royal. He is inconveniencing everyone and it causes chaos.
Oh gosh Andrew is my least favourite royal.... dreadful man! He’s doing an interview about Epstein at the weekend... keep an eye out for it

My Mum met Princess Di. She volunteered at an hospice and Di visited. My mum wasn't her biggest fan. Once inside (there was no press) Di asked to visit the patients and there was a lady who had said no as she had badly 'eaten away' legs due to the cancer and she was embarassed (look, smell etc It was bad that the nurses didnt like dressing them) Di popped her in her room and asked if she could go in and see her. The lady relented and explained about her legs. Di asked if she would mind if she dressed them for her and so she did. She cleaned them, put on the lotions and potions and bandages and all without making any kind of deal out it. The lady was blown away, As was my mum who instantly became her biggest fan. Still well up when i think of it.
Crying reading this. How wonderful.

Reactions: 4
Yeah,andrew seems like a right oul bell end. Looking forward to hearing the shite spill outta his snooty mouth during the upcoming interview.

Oh gosh Andrew is my least favourite royal.... dreadful man! He’s doing an interview about Epstein at the weekend... keep an eye out for it

Yes! I think it's on at 9pm on Saturday.

I've honestly been saying this way before the Epstein scandal. There is a sense of entitlement about him (and his daughters) that makes him very unappealing. Halloween one year, walking through the centre of town with my daughter and he had all of the rush hour traffic blocked to get to wherever he was going. I felt bad for everyone trying to get home. I checked and it was a private event, if it was official business it's maybe slightly more acceptable.

One of my kids text me earlier to say ‘The queens daughter has just landed in a helicopter on the school field’. How random 🤣 I have no further info

@TheMotherHen-Kathryn not sure if you know this but if you write a letter to Buckingham palace you always get a reply, obv put your address on the letter so they know where to send it. Just send anything something like "I'm a huge fan of the queen" and you get sent some pics and a wee letter in an envelope stamped from the palace.

• Heart
@TheMotherHen-Kathryn not sure if you know this but if you write a letter to Buckingham palace you always get a reply, obv put your address on the letter so they know where to send it. Just send anything something like "I'm a huge fan of the queen" and you get sent some pics and a wee letter in an envelope stamped from the palace.
So going to do this with my little one! A letter from the palace, how exciting!!