Have you met a member of the royal family?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes! I think it's on at 9pm on Saturday.

I've honestly been saying this way before the Epstein scandal. There is a sense of entitlement about him (and his daughters) that makes him very unappealing. Halloween one year, walking through the centre of town with my daughter and he had all of the rush hour traffic blocked to get to wherever he was going. I felt bad for everyone trying to get home. I checked and it was a private event, if it was official business it's maybe slightly more acceptable.
He’s going for the line that he “has no memory of meeting” the underage girl that claims he had sex with her 3 times. Oh how predictable! Mad that’s ifs got to the point where he has to do this though. Shame it’ll be full of bullshit like that though.

I've never met any of them but I always think Camilla looks like someone who'd be fun to have a gin with. Has anyone met her?
Ha, I love this image of her. I was actually quite ambivalent till the cheeky wink she gave photographers after her photo call with trump and Melania on the state visit... that was very funny.

Reactions: 5
This just had to be a topic, surely everyone in the UK knows the Queen (common USA stereotype of course). :LOL:

Reactions: 2
My husband is ex forces and has met Princess Anne, Charles and Prince Phillip. Prince Phillip is hilarious and there’s no filter with him- If he wants to say it he’ll say it. He has a cracking sense of humour. Princess Anne is especially lovely and she does many events with the forces.

Reactions: 1
My mother met Princess Margaret and Lord Snowden (in the 60s). Margaret was aloof and ahem very princessy 😆 but Lord Snowden was utterly charming and just absolutely lovely to everyone whatever their job/rank.
A musician friend of mine met Princess Diana in the mid 90s and was utterly dazzled by her. This friend prior to that was totally cynical and unimpressed by royals but said Diana just had an incredible presence, was simply stunning and completely genuine and interested in all the people she met.
I saw Princess Beatrice at the tennis a few years back and she was absolutely tiny and very pretty in the flesh. Genuinely the camera doesn’t do her justice. She was with dodgy Dave who was loving the attention whereas she was trying to keep a low profile.

@TheMotherHen-Kathryn not sure if you know this but if you write a letter to Buckingham palace you always get a reply, obv put your address on the letter so they know where to send it. Just send anything something like "I'm a huge fan of the queen" and you get sent some pics and a wee letter in an envelope stamped from the palace.
OH MY WORD! Amazing 🙌🏻

So going to do this with my little one! A letter from the palace, how exciting!!
Such a brilliant thing!! Thanks so much for sharing 🙌🏻

My brother played cricket with William and Harry on several occasions so I met them a number of times, as well as Prince Charles on a couple of occasions. I’ve also met the Duchess of York and Bea and Eugenie a lot as they were friends of the family when I was growing up.

My family have met the Queen and Prince Philip. My brothers planted a tree with her in London. I was not born at that point. My mum still has a picture of it proudly in the living room, and strangely Prince Philip is taller than my dad who is 5'9 (in reference to the earlier post about him being short?!). We also used to play with another family member's kids because of where we lived in London but not saying who and where because it would almost identify me if you know me personally. Not a Royal who makes the news often these days, but still one who is counted as part of the official family with duties etc. Don't ever remember meeting her but do remember playing with the kids a lot and they were just as rough and ready as we were. 😄 If you're desperate to know I can happily tell you privately.
Tell me! Tell me! I just want to know if my guess is right! 😂

My family have met the Queen and Prince Philip. My brothers planted a tree with her in London. I was not born at that point. My mum still has a picture of it proudly in the living room, and strangely Prince Philip is taller than my dad who is 5'9 (in reference to the earlier post about him being short?!). We also used to play with another family member's kids because of where we lived in London but not saying who and where because it would almost identify me if you know me personally. Not a Royal who makes the news often these days, but still one who is counted as part of the official family with duties etc. Don't ever remember meeting her but do remember playing with the kids a lot and they were just as rough and ready as we were. 😄 If you're desperate to know I can happily tell you privately.

I one passed Princess Margaret on an escalator at The Ideal Home Exhibition. My mum totally missed who it was as she was struck by her hands. She leaned back to say "I bet she doesn't do any housework with those nails". Then we nearly got crushed trying to get off said escalator because crowds went nutso.

I also got into a lift at work one day and these two blokes told me to get out of the lift. I was about to give them some mouth but then Princess Anne rushed in with another bloke and said "thank you" and smiled. She was barely recognizable in civvy clothes which I've always like about her.
how do I message you?!

My partner has met princess anne and said he wasn’t impressed (he says he gave her the finger from behind a bush)
I saw Prince Charles across the road from me in town
He’s really tall but was walks like he’s been cut in half
He also looked bored shitless

• Haha
Used to see RF quite bit at posh events for work.
Royal Protection officer said Andrew "was a rude, ignorant, arrogant, bad-the,Peres bastard'.
Maragaret was annoyed when I had to ask her something about how she wanted her food, me being a peasant, so after that I was very familiar just to piss her off.
At least I was earning my own money.

Another time, Charles hid spirits from his staff at their Xmas party, and was annoyed when he wanted whisky that it would take 30 seconds to retrieve.
One of his flunkies wanted a time scale from me of how long it would take.
Which I did in a very sarcastic way.

Charles also got out of a charity do by claiming illness, then was later photographed at a polo do.

Also, I can see why Armstrong-Jones got a lot of action, very charismatic with a sexy smile.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Used to see RF quite bit at posh events for work.
Royal Protection officer said Andrew "was a rude, ignorant, arrogant, bad-the,Peres bastard'.
Maragaret was annoyed when I had to ask her something about how she wanted her food, me being a peasant, so after that I was very familiar just to piss her off.
At least I was earning my own money.

Another time, Charles hid spirits from his staff at their Xmas party, and was annoyed when he wanted whisky that it would take 30 seconds to retrieve.
One of his flunkies wanted a time scale from me of how long it would take.
Which I did in a very sarcastic way.

Charles also got out of a charity do by claiming illness, then was later photographed at a polo do.

Also, I can see why Armstrong-Jones got a lot of action, very charismatic with a sexy smile.
Wow love all these stories, much juicer and more detailed than the average.
More if you have them, please.
I loved your line about “at least I’m earning my own money.” Damn right ! I love the royals but as a bit of fun and in full awareness of how ludicrous and unfair the whole thing truly is...

Not myself, but my husband tried to escape from Princess Anne!

He was in the army (early 80s), and she was head of his regiment. Being a bit of an idiot 🙄 he quite often did 28 days, where as part of the punishment they shave your head. He was however someone they used for regimental events as part of the service crew. He was a bit mortified at the idea of being introduced with his head shaved,so tried to escape under the tent, only to be pulled back out by his ankles. She made a particular point of talking to him - to ask about his lack of hair, so he had to tell her! He did say she was a wonderful woman though.

Not myself, but my husband tried to escape from Princess Anne!

He was in the army (early 80s), and she was head of his regiment. Being a bit of an idiot 🙄 he quite often did 28 days, where as part of the punishment they shave your head. He was however someone they used for regimental events as part of the service crew. He was a bit mortified at the idea of being introduced with his head shaved,so tried to escape under the tent, only to be pulled back out by his ankles. She made a particular point of talking to him - to ask about his lack of hair, so he had to tell her! He did say she was a wonderful woman though.
Princes Anne is so underrated! At least the crown is giving her some due attention now...

I was reading her Wikipedia the other day and the part about her attempted kidnapping (which I’d never heard of) cracked me up so much
89A9A9C1-E51A-4E1C-A514-393EECFCB738.jpeg
B9FAC710-B525-40A6-BD81-9DDA63AEC660.jpeg

Reactions: 4
My grandad and nana was mayor and mayoress of our town and met prince charles and diana also my grandad met the queen to recieve a certificate for saving someone's life from drowning in the sea

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4