Have you ever known someone who turned out to be a murderer?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was wondering if anyone local here might know, but that woman and her partner (who turned out to be half siblings I think), does anyone know why she tried to murder all her children. I think only the eldest two died and it was via poisoning. That story seems so odd and because she plead guilty there wasn’t a big trial about it.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Last year, a woman in my town who I knew of but didn't know personally, murdered her child in her bath claiming that voices told her to do it. She then took her body to the garden and set her on fire. Driving past there even gives me the shivers. Poor girl. Such a sad story.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I didn't know her myself but a few years ago a girl in my sister's year at school (lower secondary school) was given a life sentence for murdering a very young girl. Im pretty sure there was a whole investigation into wether she had obtained the murder weapon from the school. She had very severe mental health problems and hadn't been at school in the months before, it's devastating to think that if her condition was handled better then it could have been prevented.

Also known three people who have been caught as pedophiles! One was a teacher at my primary school, he actually taught my sister and volunteered with swimming lessons(the school had its own pool). It was a while ago now but I think he groomed children in another area of the UK and had moved to work at the school for a fresh start but it finally caught up with him! He used to supervise in the boys changing rooms, crazy now thinking how much the school swept it under the rug and acted like it wasn't a big deal he had been working there.

Another was a family friend& another was a friends dad who also happened to volunteer at the church youth group! He was caught taking photos of his step daughters through cracks in the door which was disgusting at the time as they were good friends and the same age as his own daughter. Hes moved away since leaving prison but still comes back to see his daughter now and again, horrible because his daughter and step daughters were practically sisters and now they refuse to speak but still live in the same town with the same friendship circles😬

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Last year, a woman in my town who I knew of but didn't know personally, murdered her child in her bath claiming that voices told her to do it. She then took her body to the garden and set her on fire. Driving past there even gives me the shivers. Poor girl. Such a sad story.
Oh was this a Welsh girl? In Merthyr maybe?
I briefly met someone who was accused (later found guilty) of preventing the lawful burial of her child. The child's mummified body was discovered hidden on the property of someone close to her. The cause of death couldn't be proven as it had happened so long ago. She came across as a very sweet and calm character whereas her mother was absolutely beside herself with worry.
I'll never forget how eerily calm she was, despite the accusations and not being able to see her other children.
Not sure how much detail I should go into but it has always preyed on my mind.

Has anyone met a known murderer that’s came out of prison or has a new identity?
I have, I think I mentioned her earlier in this thread. I genuinely think she was reformed or at least heavily institutionalised.

Reactions: 1
Is this in South Wales?

Reactions: 1
9 years ago I went on a couple of dates with a guy, he used to talk about his little girl, (only a couple of months old), who had died. Got weird vibes off of him, 6 months later it was in the paper he had killed the little girl and was sentenced to prison for a few years. He is out now but living somewhere else with a new name from what I've seen. He is quite recognizable with very distinct tattoos.

Also, I worked with a girl 10 years ago, flash forward to 2016/2017 it was in the national news her and her boyfriend had been sexually abusing a child and streaming it to America. The FBI caught a woman in California and got involved here, think it was the first time FBI had been involved/caught someone over here. They are both now locked up for between 16 - 20 ish years.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Is this in South Wales?
Yes.

Oh was this a Welsh girl? In Merthyr maybe?
I briefly met someone who was accused (later found guilty) of preventing the lawful burial of her child. The child's mummified body was discovered hidden on the property of someone close to her. The cause of death couldn't be proven as it had happened so long ago. She came across as a very sweet and calm character whereas her mother was absolutely beside herself with worry.
I'll never forget how eerily calm she was, despite the accusations and not being able to see her other children.
Not sure how much detail I should go into but it has always preyed on my mind.

I have, I think I mentioned her earlier in this thread. I genuinely think she was reformed or at least heavily institutionalised.
It was a welsh girl yes. It wasn't in Merthyr but not to far from there. Apparently the angels told her that if she did it, she could bring the child back to life. Her family disowned her, her other children walked in on it all and they claimed she wasn't mentally ill and had never shown signs of it but that she did have a previous drug history. I've never heard of that story, scary how calm she was.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Yes.

It was a welsh girl yes. It wasn't in Merthyr but not to far from there. Apparently the angels told her that if she did it, she could bring the child back to life. Her family disowned her, her other children walked in on it all and they claimed she wasn't mentally ill and had never shown signs of it but that she did have a previous drug history. I've never heard of that story, scary how calm she was.
I’m from the area and have friends who knew the mother years ago. Such a sad story, I remember when the news broke :( and her poor siblings who found her!

Reactions: 2
I’m from the area and have friends who knew the mother years ago. Such a sad story, I remember when the news broke :( and her poor siblings who found her!
I know. Heartbreaking, the story gave me chills. That poor girl. Also found not guilty which added to the heartbreak I suppose.

I’ve never known a murderer personally, that I’m aware of.

My dad works for a large hardware store. Several years ago police came in asking to speak to someone who could show them the CCTV. They had reason to believe that a guy who had murdered a girl had been in the store (after murdering her) buying supplies to dispose of her body. Sure enough, there he was on the CCTV casually walking around, he even asked for assistance!. He was buying heavy duty cleaning chemicals, overalls, gloves, face masks and large totes etc (like in Breaking Bad!). My dad then had to make a statement basically stating what each item was that he bought and if they could have been used to dispose of a body. The police believed that the poor girl was in the boot of his car (no longer alive) the whole time he was in the store. Very sad, if only someone knew 😔.

Just makes you wonder, doesn’t it?
I’m gonna sound like a weirdo but I work in a shop and when people come in buying stuff like this I always think that they must be doing this!!! Yes I watch too many murder documentaries 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I had a parent I worked with try to kill herself. A week later her baby wouldn’t stop crying. So she killed him. She had post natal depression and was struggling and her cries for help weren’t being picked up. She’s never got over her actions. But the prisoners in the prison realised that she had PND and were very supportive getting her the right help and protecting her.

A mum in a mums group I was part of murdered one of her children. Would never have said she would have done it. I was so shocked when I realised it was her.
The stories of women suffering pnd or other mental illness and not getting the help they need are the scariest ones to me. Knowing how different things could have been if the help and support was there. I feel like more women have been close to ‘that place’ than would admit it sadly. When you see a headline that says “mum kills baby” it automatically gets your blood boiling, you think how could any mother kill their own child?? But there’s often more at play than the headline lets on. Most mums don’t set out to kill their offspring, imo. It’s incredibly tragic.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have a family member who has done time for been a murderer i have no time for him or the family that state he has done his time

Reactions: 4
I used to work with a girl who's partner murdered their baby girl. She had gone out for the evening and he attacked the baby because she was crying 😭

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I went to school with a boy who’s surname is Logan and he got called Logi Bear (like Yogi Bear) in school and was a bit of an oddball really. Nothing sinister just a bit weird. When we were about 24 he was convicted as a paedophile, calling himself and photos were in the paper of him wearing a hoodie in public that said “pweirdo Bear”.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
My uncles son murdered a 78 year old woman a year before I was born. Haven't really thought about it much obviously because I wasn't around then but after reading this thread I googled it and omg it's so awful, it's weird knowing that someone in your family done that. xx

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I just renewed a guy added me on bebo (yes that long ago) from Scotland, he knew my ex (who's inside for accessory to murder now coincidentally) he was saying his daughter of a few months old had died, obviously I gave massive sympathy etc

Opened the news 1 day and hed been charged with her murder. I've never felt so sick in my life, I listened to this man cry about his daughter for months. Turns out I'm a really bad judge of character

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I once went on a date with a guy who at the time I thought was extremely odd and weird. He text me quite a few times about meeting up after the initial date and I wasn’t keen at all and when I blew him off he got v angry over text.

Fast forward quite a few years later and I see this in the news one day. I didn’t even know him that well but I can’t say I’m surprised from the little time we spent together.

http://www.scotland-judiciary.org.uk/8/1588/HMA-v-Gary-Stevenson
Sounds like someone my friend dated briefly. Same first name, and same crazy behaviour 🤔

A girl I was in school with has today walked in to my local shop and stabbed 4 people, 1 elderly man passed away. Lunatic.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13