Hattie Gladwell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it hilarious that not one of us could even muster the disdain for a hate-follow of Hatttie. This must be the first time ever that a scammer going private has actually worked to silence a Tattle thread. We need a mole.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I find it hilarious that not one of us could even muster the disdain for a hate-follow of Hatttie. This must be the first time ever that a scammer going private has actually worked to silence a Tattle thread. We need a mole.

That's a molé!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Didn’t know she had a Patreon, tbf she seems to provide some sort of service and the fees are low so not feeling compelled to track it as of yet, but lol @ perfect adherence to the grifter blueprint

Reactions: 15
Hopefully she stays private, and makes all the 'business' pages private too, and then shuts them down altogether and starts something less grifty

Reactions: 16
I've got mixed feelings about Hattie:

It's clear she has genuinely severely struggled with her mental and physical health at a young age so the fact she is out there making money is a credit to her.

The Breakdown mag is pretty rubbish, nobody with MH issues needs to be told to buy Neales Yard or fancy leggings or buy sex toys as a present for their friends. Ultimately it is harmless fluff, not aimed at someone my age and no worse than a lot of stuff out there.

I looked on her locked profile and there is a link to inSPIre the mind which seems to have a lot of thoughful content about mental health issues and is something I will check out more fully. On there she has talked about OCD, perinatal OCD and stuggling to access NHS mental health care and needing to pay for expensive therapy which is a huge issue. Mental health care is totally inadeqate and I have been really lucky to be able to access long term and potentially lifesaving treatment free from a wonderful organisation outside the NHS.

What is unforgivable is the £15000 raised for the book three years ago with nothing materialising. It is likely that a lot of the backers are people with similar issues to her who have chucked their £20 or more into the pot to support her. £15000 is more than a lot of minimum wage workers earn in a year and she needs to either produce her book or give the money back.

Reactions: 20
What is unforgivable is the £15000 raised for the book three years ago with nothing materialising. It is likely that a lot of the backers are people with similar issues to her who have chucked their £20 or more into the pot to support her. £15000 is more than a lot of minimum wage workers earn in a year and she needs to either produce her book or give the money back.
Agreeeeeed. I just don't understand how people get away with this stuff? That's a LOT of money and if she's been as "desperate" as she says then she'll appreciate that, so... What's she done with it??

Actually not only is it more than a minimum wage yearly salary, it's only £3000 less than the lowest NHS wage, which she seems to rely on pretty heavily what with her mental/physical ailments and health anxiety.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
What actually happened with the £15k for the book then? Has she received the money already? I know with some crowdfunding websites you have to prove you’re a legitimate cause/charity before they will release the funds.

Reactions: 10
So many of her tweets are in the vein of “who wants to write about my PR clients? #journorequest” like…you’re the PR, is it not literally your job to approach people not just hope journalists approach you? If I was her client I’d be fuming!

ETA - an update on the house
E59AA9E0-C513-48AE-A482-F125DEDEFA1A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
That's what I'd tell people too if I realised I'd royally put my foot in it and had a tattle thread started about me. Really weird u-turn to decide you can't afford something after you've viewed, applied, been accepted and told 30k+ people lol

• Haha
Reactions: 28
So many of her tweets are in the vein of “who wants to write about my PR clients? #journorequest” like…you’re the PR, is it not literally your job to approach people not just hope journalists approach you? If I was her client I’d be fuming!

View attachment 646492
Due to accepting my parental subsidy to move into a larger property not aligning with the grifting skint image I portray online more like 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Well, well, welly well, well.

If anyone ever doubts their participation here, let both this and the recent lying low of Monroe to comfort you in your hour of doubt.

It’s probably cost them money to appply but better to pull out if it avoids horrific over commitment on one persons freelance wage and (according to her own account) a stay at home daddy as he worked in a supermarket and didn’t want the risk of COVID coming home to her in her immunocompromised state, so left his job.

Annoyingly, there is a fair old bit of Jackesque “mom” and “diapers” in this article so hold your nose if you are going in. Another spoiler alert....the shagging is apparently better too. CBD supplements not mentioned though.

• Wow
Reactions: 17

View attachment 646492
Her letting agent must be delighted

Reactions: 12
It’s probably cost them money to appply but better to pull out if it avoids horrific over commitment on one persons freelance wage and (according to her own account) a stay at home daddy as he worked in a supermarket and didn’t want the risk of COVID coming home to her in her immunocompromised state, so left his job.
This back story is truly wild. Conscious of being a mithering haus frau discussing other people’s finances but you’d be looking at £2.5k pcm running costs for a 3 bed minimum, it would be higher for older properties. Mad that’s possible from a freelance salary she claims isn’t enough?

Pls don’t let this be another daughter of a landlord 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
More mithering and speculation from this ninny…could they have failed the affordability test? I know agents delve quite deeply into potential tenants’ finances and increased commitments on just one freelancer salary could be problematic.

Even if mummy or daddy stand as guarantor, agents would bank statements and carry out a credit check.

Reactions: 14
I'm so cynical. Have they really rejected the house? Or will there be a last minute kind offer which means they can go ahead with their dream home?
We actually may never know 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Well, well, welly well, well.

If anyone ever doubts their participation here, let both this and the recent lying low of Monroe to comfort you in your hour of doubt.

Annoyingly, there is a fair old bit of Jackesque “mom” and “diapers” in this article so hold your nose if you are going in. Another spoiler alert....the shagging is apparently better too. CBD supplements not mentioned though.

Annoying that in an article apparently praising the father, she mostly uses 'my son' rather than 'our son'

She's annoying.

Reactions: 8
I'm a presents truther. Those are just empty boxes from all her #gifted products in surprisingly effective camouflage paper. She could have written a series of articles about societal pressures on new mothers and the effect on mental health and wellbeing but instead she's decided to join in with all the performative nonsense. If she do really did spend all that money on presents then no wonder she needs to rinse vulnerable people.
do you think she saw mackies empty food containers in the freezer?🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Read a couple of other article that haven’t really encouraged me to be more sympathetic to be honest. One, about her son having a medical emergency after vaccination was so terrifyingly overwrought and stressed that her point of continuing the vaccination programme was quite lost. Also, it was for a North American audience (phoned 911/packing a diaper bag etc), which has very divisive anti-vac movement that is starting to creep over here now, much to my horror. They don’t need any more help, IMO. So that was a downer but...

I also saw a tweet comment of hers (can’t verify it because I don’t follow her) about being brought up with parents on limited income, so I am leaning to her not having middle class, well off, pensions and salaries and foster care allowances coming out the wazzoo, parents. Unlike our favourite grifter. So, she probably does have to work hard to keep on top of things, so kudos to you, Hattie. I hope a book appears and you do well - prove us mithering ninnies wrong.

Attachments

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.