Hattie Gladwell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do feel sort of sorry for her, I don't think she intended for her online magazine to be a low rent advertorial for dubious products.

I think she just launches these things with good intentions but not a bleeping clue about what she is doing.

The grifting though, no excuse. If she has really blagged a free glampng holiday whilst claiming her medical condition means she can't leave the house to get a proper job...

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She's going to be fuuuuuuming after she showed up asking us not to drag her into Jack's chaos sphere. Well now you've got your own chaos sphere, dear heart. If you're upset about it might I suggest a spot of 'Dancing in the Moonlight'?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
She's going to be fuuuuuuming after she showed up asking us not to drag her into Jack's chaos sphere. Well now you've got your own chaos sphere, dear heart. If you're upset about it might I suggest a spot of 'Dancing in the Moonlight'?
😂 It’s a supernatural delight after all

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I do feel sort of sorry for her, I don't think she intended for her online magazine to be a low rent advertorial for dubious products.

I think she just launches these things with good intentions but not a bleeping clue about what she is doing.

The grifting though, no excuse. If she has really blagged a free glampng holiday whilst claiming her medical condition means she can't leave the house to get a proper job...
This was my exact thoughts! If you can't leave the house due to a medical condition meaning you need to be near a loo, surely glamping is one of the types of holiday you'd avoid?! I mean I have a tiny bladder (actually diagnosed 😂) so have to wee more than your average person. Mr C and I don't go camping as I am up and down 3-4 times in the night...yet I still go into the office, and we just make sure I go to the loo before we go anywhere and we check with train companies that the trains we get if over an hour journey have a loo on board. It's very boring tbh. But I'd never go glamping and weeing in a bush isn't even that frowned upon! Not saying Hattie doesn't have some form of IBS or something but she is clearly not as stuck to the loo as she tried to make out.

Reactions: 20
Now she's got her own thread, I can point out that she seems to have recently (?) changed her Twitter name to add an extra t (Hatttie) thus rendering all previous tagging of her useless, which is obviously brilliant PR. 👏
I think it's been with the three ts for a while - I'm sure I remember her getting asked about it a couple of years ago (?) and her saying something about an impersonator taking @hattiegladwell and Twitter refusing to take it down?! Feel like it was probs just her locking herself out of the account like...

Screenshot_20210701_194005.jpg

Found it! Thanks Twitter advanced search lmao

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I think it's been with the three ts for a while - I'm sure I remember her getting asked about it a couple of years ago (?) and her saying something about an impersonator taking @hattiegladwell and Twitter refusing to take it down?! Feel like it was probs just her locking herself out of the account like...

View attachment 643432
Found it! Thanks Twitter advanced search lmao
Ahhhh OK. Thanks for that. I had never noticed it was like that until I did a search a couple of weeks ago and "Hattie Gladwell" brought up nothing at first. But that might just be because I'm no good at Twitter. But hey I'm not in PR. 😂
I'm guessing recent tagging of Hattie Two Ts was by folk who hadn't noticed either and were spelling it the normal way.

Reactions: 2
I just find it hilarious that the tweets from the breakdown mag and now also the blush luxe PR company all tweeting and asking for tit to review etc when it's all just...Hattie. Seems like a good way to get lots of freebies for yourself 😂. Maybe Jack knew she never had to actually cough up any material for that mag, it's just grifters working together to make it look like an actual thing

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I just find it hilarious that the tweets from the breakdown mag and now also the blush luxe PR company all tweeting and asking for tit to review etc when it's all just...Hattie. Seems like a good way to get lots of freebies for yourself 😂. Maybe Jack knew she never had to actually cough up any material for that mag, it's just grifters working together to make it look like an actual thing
I think she is more involved in that InspireTheMind website than she credits, too. Not only does she have a “guest column” but she also seems to tweet out article/commission requests for them - as if she has some sort of editorial capacity too.

All in all, it’s just one big circle jerk of websites, companies and businesses - none of which are much more than a bunch of self promotional pieces, first person confessional/whinges/sob stories and a lot of barely disguised adverts for the freebies she gets sent.

I genuinely wouldn’t give a tit about it all though, if it wasn’t for the inevitable fact that she is 100% grifting on the back of wellness and mental health issues. And that she has done a Jack and crowd funded for a book that is three years in the making with no sign of the contributors getting their pledges fulfilled. Oh - and the “woe is me, I is soooo poor” but also - moving to a property with a spare, definitely not needed bedroom, that will up the rent she is liable for by at least a third and maybe even half again. Plus deposits, advances, moving costs etc.

Also - anyone that thinks Jack has avoided participating for any reason other than pure and sheer laziness maybe over committing and under performing, cannot have been keeping up with the nigh on 200 threads of Jack the twit. There is no principled decision or avoidance due to questioning the motives of Breakdown - it’s pure old Jack being slack.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Screenshot_20210701-155913_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20210701-155919_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

So the hotels aren't getting paid, the writers aren't getting paid...no one is profiting off of this except Hattie G herself with a free holiday to boot.

This is just exploiting people's labour and I can't believe it's legal tbh, freelance writers and hotel owners/staff have mouths to feed and bills to pay too!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
View attachment 643757View attachment 643758
So the hotels aren't getting paid, the writers aren't getting paid...no one is profiting off of this except Hattie G herself with a free holiday to boot.

This is just exploiting people's labour and I can't believe it's legal tbh, freelance writers and hotel owners/staff have mouths to feed and bills to pay too!
Plus it's got nothing at all to do with the main themes of the "magazine" as stated on the website. If it was a travel site, fair enough but it's not. I'd like to think that savvy travel PRs would pass on that but she's already blagged one free holiday so...

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 13
View attachment 643757View attachment 643758

I feel so sorry for small businesses being told you need to be on Insta! Grid and stories! Tik tok! Twitter! Etc who panic and just comply with any professional sounding PR’s ideas out of FOMO.

They deserve to receive a decent pitch deck that shows the impact of this “partnership” and an evidenced ROI, as these freebies cost someone.

I’m amazed any of this work is profitable for her though….? Guessing bank of mum and dad lol. <candy man.gif>

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
That is appalling. People in creative fields are constantly being shafted when it comes to payment (sorry this is a bit of a granola moment for me). People can't pay their bills with exposure you tit. If someone works for you, pay them. If someone asks you to work for free, don't. The hospitality industry is on its knees right now and she's on the grift to feather her own nest which makes her look like a selfish grasping weasel, precisely the thing she came here to refute in the first place.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
A friend of mine works at a relatively high profile hotel and their sales team are inundated with grifters asking for freebies. When refused, some get quite nasty and threaten to bad-mouth the venue to their followers.

• Wow
  • Sad
I'm hooting. Do you think we'll get a Thread 31 on the second page? What's the likelihood of an article appearing about the effect on mental health of a coven of bitter middle-aged mums making fun of people's health conditions? I'll write it for you, Hats. I'll even invent a penitent troll who will openly weep after having spoken to you. Check your DMs, I've sent you my very reasonable rates.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
“Last seen 13 minutes ago · Managing account details” and the account now isn’t visible. Lol Hattie we know you read here no need to hide 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
in her mentions. i suspect she's been talking about us. kicking myself for not following when I had the chance

20210702_184918.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Not an entirely unsurprising turn of events.

Hattie - when you get a chance, perhaps you can update people on the £15k book fund and how thousands of pounds of debt can turn into an affording a house move complete with a spare bedroom. Oh - and if you made any sort of contribution towards the company #gifting you and #ad holiday/break? You aren’t the only one that needs to earn money to pay the bills.

Also - word of advice. Keep your kid off your social media pics. He hasn’t consented. Even Jack learned that lesson in a roundabout manner and blocks his face now.

After watching that Belle Gibson documentary - I could be extremely harsh here but I also think, like FrumpyCat, you have come from a place of kindness and naivety rather than outright grifting. So - don’t go down the “Be Kind” route but reflect on why some of the things you and your output may have brought us here instead. Be less Jack. It’s not a good look.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Do you want me to slide in Post Malone’s DMs ask him to give us the Tea?

I bet you a fancy room spray that she’s failed to mention to her followers she has an account on here too and was happy enough to read along on her friend/colleague’s thread.

Last edited:
  • Heart
honestly, the popping in and out to check on her own thread and scrambling to make herself invisible has me HOOTING!

I just need matt haig to throw a hissy fit and find his (tiny, slow) thread and my week will be made!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.