Hattie Gladwell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a nosey to see if her tweets are still protected. How long's she had that banner image up for then? 👀 (Probably days...as we've established I am not the most observant!)

Screenshot_20210705-222540~2.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Read a couple of other article that haven’t really encouraged me to be more sympathetic to be honest. One, about her son having a medical emergency after vaccination was so terrifyingly overwrought and stressed that her point of continuing the vaccination programme was quite lost. Also, it was for a North American audience (phoned 911/packing a diaper bag etc), which has very divisive anti-vac movement that is starting to creep over here now, much to my horror. They don’t need any more help, IMO. So that was a downer but...

I also saw a tweet comment of hers (can’t verify it because I don’t follow her) about being brought up with parents on limited income, so I am leaning to her not having middle class, well off, pensions and salaries and foster care allowances coming out the wazzoo, parents. Unlike our favourite grifter. So, she probably does have to work hard to keep on top of things, so kudos to you, Hattie. I hope a book appears and you do well - prove us mithering ninnies wrong.
She seems to be trying very much to snare the Americans. The pov angle doesn't work so well over there though, as they have some truly bizarre attitudes towards things we take for granted.

Articles like she's tagged are very dramatic too. A lot of teens work for spending money and life experience regardless of family income. Very few work to support the household, except for maybe in Hatttie and Jack's beloved America where you can genuinely die over not being able to afford a doctor. Obviously it was a long time ago (the mid/late 90s) but pretty much every single person I went to school with was working as a teenager. It was absolutely the norm, you can start at 14yrs and 9months here, and you were definitely considered weird if you didn't have a job tbh.

Reactions: 11
Those "low income" tweets are what our Jackie replies to too. Maybe Hattie is, but my experience is that people who shout the loudest about being working class/low income aren't lol.

I was working from 14 because I wanted money to buy booze for the occasional house party, Marlboro lights and Topshop girl boxers. Not because I was from a low income family. Like many of my peers...

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Topshop girl boxers.
omg that opens the vault of time 😂 the strong hold topshop had on our generation is wild, I still can’t believe they’ve fucked it so badly?! I wonder if there’s a thread on that - topshop nostalgia?

Agree tbh, I was ~just a poor girl~ but the money I had from work was spent like my peers on clothes from topshop* or booze? This isn’t a Jackie tale of woe but in the grand scheme of ur parents’ financial chaos £20 here or £40 there is not gonna do diddly is it! I think they forget minimum wage for kids was like £3.50 tops??

*tho ngl you could barely buy anything - accessories were v popular and the cheapest, tops could be hit or miss but remember buying American apparel dupes in there or the ballet shoes I re bought continuously until my mid 20s!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
omg that opens the vault of time 😂 the strong hold topshop had on our generation is wild, I still can’t believe they’ve fucked it so badly?! I wonder if there’s a thread on that - topshop nostalgia?

Agree tbh, I was ~just a poor girl~ but the money I had from work was spent like my peers on clothes from topshop* or booze? This isn’t a Jackie tale of woe but in the grand scheme of ur parents’ financial chaos £20 here or £40 there is not gonna do diddly is it! I think they forget minimum wage for kids was like £3.50 tops??

*tho ngl you could barely buy anything - accessories were v popular and the cheapest, tops could be hit or miss but remember buying American apparel dupes in there or the ballet shoes I re bought continuously until my mid 20s!
Honestly the quality was shocking but the slogan tees, dap trainers, chunky necklaces and sunglasses from Topshop were all staples in my life. I remember saving up for weeks for a Kate Moss dress too... They really fumbled the bag and BooHoo/PLT were waiting in the sidelines...

I'm absolutely positive there are teenagers who have to work to keep their parents finances afloat but to conflate the two isn't right. Same with EMA to be honest. I qualified for it but it just took the financial burden off my parents a little and supplemented my job. But of course for some people it would have been essential. People like Jackie (if she'd gone beyond her 3.5 GCSEs) and Hattie love to take advantage of generalisations and assumptions with things like that to portray themselves in a certain way without actually saying anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Honestly the quality was shocking but the slogan tees, dap trainers, chunky necklaces and sunglasses from Topshop were all staples in my life. I remember saving up for weeks for a Kate Moss dress too... They really fumbled the bag and BooHoo/PLT were waiting in the sidelines...
the sunglasses were elite, this was also the era of the first bloggers too and some of my favs used to find cheaper eBay dupes of them & legit designer ones too - probs had absolutely no UVA protection tho. I went to my post uni interviews wearing the studded topshop loafers loooool 😫 I think all of those on the hanger shoes were like £15 and had the life span of a fly, heaven forbid any of their shoes EVER got wet that sole was coming straight off. Did you ever buy from the posh shoe section where they were all stood up? I should make a thread for this I’m cackling at how much they dominated every millennial woman’s life! You were a queen bee with that Kate Moss purchase, this reminds me of school girls being photographed outside the Oxford street shop for her launch! Did you ever go to them? I swear every emerging model in the late 2000s had a story about being scouted there which allowed predatory scammers to run rife there too? I went into that flagship just before lockdown looking for stretchy maternity dresses and it was grimey, looked super run down on the bottom levels and I’m guessing the top was kept looking decent by the consignments that are crammed in about 6 per m2.

You’re so right though, it’s mad how much it’s changed. Do you think topshop could have ever survived? It’s hard when the boohoo lot are producing entire outfits for £10 the day after kylie Jenner wore it on Insta, maybe things move too quickly and our inspo is different? Is there even a Kate moss for gen z?

I’m going to make a topshop nostalgia thread now btw x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
just seen it's OLB's birthday! (still locked tho)

happy birthday Hattie! 👋 🎂 🍾

or should i put this in F+D where we really should put greetings to our fellow members?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
i still regret selling my kate moss @ topshop stuff on ebay years ago 😩 hit me up with the link to the topshop thread when it’s up!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
i still regret selling my kate moss @ topshop stuff on ebay years ago 😩 hit me up with the link to the topshop thread when it’s up!!
yar tis

• Heart
Reactions: 5
yar tis
Thank you my love, @virtualorigami you should find pics of your bits! I wasn’t that into it at the time and can’t remember why ! x

Reactions: 4
she's unlocked! clearly didn't like that the conversation ceased to be about her. i don't feel like screenshotting anything though, cos it's all so boring

• Haha
she's unlocked! clearly didn't like that the conversation ceased to be about her. i don't feel like screenshotting anything though, cos it's all so boring
Tbh I wish she had moved into the 3 bed purely to see her pull a Jack & simultaneously whinge about being the poorest poor to ever poor whilst also going wild in John Lewis.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Boring? She is a literal sexpert!! I think she is going to pitch herself and JM as a cheeky little duo covering everything from organising your Cotswold Company Cock Drawer to tucking and rolling your unruly labia into a Rigby & Peller gusset with Olympic-level origami skills. (Last seen 8.41pm yesterday)

1625753082967.png

• Haha
Boring? She is a literal sexpert!! I think she is going to pitch herself and JM as a cheeky little duo covering everything from organising your Cotswold Company Cock Drawer to tucking and rolling your unruly labia into a Rigby & Peller gusset with Olympic-level origami skills. (Last seen 8.41pm yesterday)

View attachment 653249
Oh I can help with this! I have the perfect person. It's me. I'm the perfect person for this. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19

View attachment 653249

i'm a bit tired and i misread "sleep" as "sheep"...

• Haha

I believe this is the link to her tweets about the book she crowdfunded for in 2018… is she still looking to publish this? 👀

• Sad
Reactions: 10

I believe this is the link to her tweets about the book she crowdfunded for in 2018… is she still looking to publish this? 👀
Maybe she is still working on it - but she should really keep the funders up to date with progress.

I used to follow her for mental health content arghhh she is so god dam annoying and shallow!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.