Hattie Gladwell

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I noticed she was BACK!

There is, and never will be a book, is my now my guess. Now she is a busy mum, juggling full time work (but squeezing all the hours into just Mondays and Fridays) as well as more health issues than a Munchausens patient, she will simply be FAR TOO unwell to complete it. She is probably hoping that the backers have forgotten or forgiven the poor wee mite of her sin - after all, no one has given her the whole fifteen grand.

It truly is the perfect scam. Build up a following - tweet out a low risk/low cost book/subscription idea etc, and watch the money roll in. No wonder insomnia seems to be a problem.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
It truly is the perfect scam. Build up a following - tweet out a low risk/low cost book/subscription idea etc, and watch the money roll in. No wonder insomnia seems to be a problem.
Yep. No one’s lost out on *that* much as an individual, like £20 tops, so it doesn’t warrant rocking the boat for. But when the total sum is £15k, or £70k in Jack’s case, it is really bad behaviour on the grifter’s part.

I find the trifle defender fascinating because she’s in Jack’s circle but caught onto the grift independently, and flies the flag for calling out these sorts of scams that ultimately target the most vulnerable (the poor or mentally unwell). It’s such a tiny handful of grifters though that I doubt it’ll ever be stopped?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I noticed she was BACK!

There is, and never will be a book, is my now my guess. Now she is a busy mum, juggling full time work (but squeezing all the hours into just Mondays and Fridays) as well as more health issues than a Munchausens patient, she will simply be FAR TOO unwell to complete it. She is probably hoping that the backers have forgotten or forgiven the poor wee mite of her sin - after all, no one has given her the whole fifteen grand.

Yes you are right. No individual (probably) has donated *that* much. Not enough to make a fuss about.
It is only here that actually seems to remember her book.
No wonder she is irritated by it - 'if it wasn't for that meddling Tattle I'd have got away with it'.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
'Girl, Unwired' is irritatingly derivative of 'Girl, Interrupted' and yet not close enough to be a pun...

Reactions: 13
Yep. No one’s lost out on *that* much as an individual, like £20 tops, so it doesn’t warrant rocking the boat for. But when the total sum is £15k, or £70k in Jack’s case, it is really bad behaviour on the grifter’s part.

I find the trifle defender fascinating because she’s in Jack’s circle but caught onto the grift independently, and flies the flag for calling out these sorts of scams that ultimately target the most vulnerable (the poor or mentally unwell). It’s such a tiny handful of grifters though that I doubt it’ll ever be stopped?
If it wasn’t that the target audience for Hattie and Jack are statistically more likely to be poor financially, as well as possibly struggling mentally, I very much doubt I would be here.

If people think buying some makeup will make them look like the Kardashians - well, I laugh at that sort of tomfoolery. If people are hawking solutions to life’s most difficult problems, mainly to the desperate and misguided, and it’s a scam, well my heckles are up, for sure.

Trifle defender is a goddess. Calm, collected, intelligent, knowledgable, great with words, completely comfortable in her niche. She is like an anti-Jack. Also - the lovely Scottish journalists. If they ever develop their knowledge of scammers and scoundrels into more column/inches then the Hattie non-book is another example for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If it wasn’t that the target audience for Hattie and Jack are statistically more likely to be poor financially, as well as possibly struggling mentally, I very much doubt I would be here.

If people think buying some makeup will make them look like the Kardashians - well, I laugh at that sort of tomfoolery. If people are hawking solutions to life’s most difficult problems, mainly to the desperate and misguided, and it’s a scam, well my heckles are up, for sure.

Trifle defender is a goddess. Calm, collected, intelligent, knowledgable, great with words, completely comfortable in her niche. She is like an anti-Jack. Also - the lovely Scottish journalists. If they ever develop their knowledge of scammers and scoundrels into more column/inches then the Hattie non-book is another example for them.
I see Nigella called the trifle defender 'dear heart' 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
'Girl, Unwired' is irritatingly derivative of 'Girl, Interrupted' and yet not close enough to be a pun...
‘Girl, Unwired’ sounds like it should be a book about the relief of taking your bra off when you get home.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
She's so unrelentingly self focused and negative that I genuinely couldn't follow her, it would do my mental health a blow I think just having Eeyore clogging up my feed reminding me how terribly her day is going.

One of the best tips I've learned for mental health is to cut down on time spent on social media and who you follow on there.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
think we got a bit bored of her (last seen yesterday at 4.59pm) quite quickly, didn't we?

anyway, good to see her subtweeting matt haig after he shat the bed the other day

20210714_170458.jpg

Reactions: 13
“Most people can’t afford the prohibitive cost of therapy*”

*please read my mental health magazine which is essentially a multi-product advertorial for the extraneous self-care shite that will definitely cure your chronic depression

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Is that not just basically doing one of those MySpace quizzes people used to post to their bulletin boards all the time 😐 I always find the best way to reveal a person's deepest feelings and true motivations is to ask them who their favourite member of Fall Out Boy is.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Is that not just basically doing one of those MySpace quizzes people used to post to their bulletin boards all the time 😐 I always find the best way to reveal a person's deepest feelings and true motivations is to ask them who their favourite member of Fall Out Boy is.
Patrick because I fully relate to anyone who is battling the chub and I’m partial to a hat. I used to fancy the drummer but he does CrossFit and I am not about putting butter (or vegan equivalent) in my coffee, sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
think we got a bit bored of her (last seen yesterday at 4.59pm) quite quickly, didn't we?

anyway, good to see her subtweeting matt haig after he shat the bed the other day

View attachment 662654
Hi Hattie, next time you stop by Tattle, why not brush up on the difference between its and it's? I actually had to reread the last sentence of that first tweet.

This is one thing I really don't understand. She is trying to make a living as a journalist, but she has such a shockingly bad grasp of written English. I'm sure there is a tragic sob story behind it, but this is not an innate talent, it's a skill, and one she really ought to put some effort into acquiring if this is her chosen career.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm glad I've come across this thread about her. She has annoyed me for ages on Twitter, loads of people seem to be so up her arse yet I don't see why? She's boring as duck, thinks she's above everyone else and her tweets always make me eye roll 🙄

Reactions: 11
Is the Danni Pepper thing another of her creations? It's all very confusing. They do cbd lube which Hattie is reviewing and writing about in the Breakdown and Inspire the mind and also PRing for them through Blush& Luxe? Have I got that correct? Just saying, the tweets on all of these pages sound like they're all written by the same person.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Is the Danni Pepper thing another of her creations? It's all very confusing. They do cbd lube which Hattie is reviewing and writing about in the Breakdown and Inspire the mind and also PRing for them through Blush& Luxe? Have I got that correct? Just saying, the tweets on all of these pages sound like they're all written by the same person.
I think the brand is a client - when I looked at their website a few weeks ago, all the stuff was priced in dollars and lots of North American reviews.

The Twitter feed, is almost certainly Hattie. Virtually identical tweet content and style. I imagine it’s probably been set up by her for them, as part of the PR deal. Doing a tit job though, because it has less than a hundred followers! She is another one with more Twitter accounts than you can shake a stick at then. By the way - the tweets make me NEVER want to try it - and as there is rarely a link tweeted out (just the website in the bio - which counts for zero on a twitter feed), neither will people even interested in trite, “love yourself” wanky content.

Reactions: 7
I love how she keeps going private like we can't just check back in a few days. What's the issue?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.