Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MancBee

VIP Member
Here you go.

I had a quick look at her Twitter. There's no way I am going there again, or joining in a Tattle conversation. She is draining without any of the comedy element provided by our Jack. I can see why Jack seems to be distancing herself, she would find it hard to compete with the constant ailments. Every conversation would be about who is most ill.

I had a friend like that, but had to distance myself. He "has" a list of complaints, physical and mental health, and is forever at the doctors. He takes huge amounts of medication and gets all sorts of benefits because he says he cannot look after himself. I am convinced the doctors prescribe whatever he wants to get him out of the surgery. He goes to any benefits interviews in dirty clothes, without washing himself and walking with two sticks. Yet he can go out on the piss, take drugs and (before the pandemic) go on holiday trecking up mountains, dance through the night and stand at a concert for hours. This is why I am always wary of people like Hattie.

Also Hattie wants to ban the word hypochondriac. To paraphrase the words of the good old Mandy Rice Davies., well she would, wouldn't she.

3 days ago she hadn't had the energy to brush her hair for over a week but had only just come back from a four day freebie holiday at a glamping site, where she had "a lovely time." Can't brush her hair but is constantly on Twitter. Can't brush her hair but can cope with a house move, one of the most stressful things. Can't brush her hair but has a website advising on how to deal with MH issues. I could go on.

I have said before that I have had a complicated medical history, however my BFF said to me recently "I forget to ask how you are health wise 'cause you don't go on about it all the time". Hattie just seems to revel in her diagnoses, wearing them like a badge of honour.

What a way to live your life.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

kachoochoo

VIP Member
ah, she's gonna be thrilled when she sees she's got her own thread!

"last seen: Yesterday at 11:45am"

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She's going to be fuuuuuuming after she showed up asking us not to drag her into Jack's chaos sphere. Well now you've got your own chaos sphere, dear heart. If you're upset about it might I suggest a spot of 'Dancing in the Moonlight'?

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
Screenshot_20210701-155913_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
Screenshot_20210701-155919_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

So the hotels aren't getting paid, the writers aren't getting paid...no one is profiting off of this except Hattie G herself with a free holiday to boot.

This is just exploiting people's labour and I can't believe it's legal tbh, freelance writers and hotel owners/staff have mouths to feed and bills to pay too!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 35

Peeky_Mink

I hadn't looked at this Breakdown mag before but have just had a little look through. The first article I click on is telling me I need to purchase an eye mask and toilet freshener spray to help my wellbeing and help me be less stressed out. I'm currently going through a really tough period of anxiety that is massively affecting my quality of life. The idea that buying any of this shit is going to help make me feel better just feels really, really offensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

FlowerOfTheEast

VIP Member
ETA The pic I saw the other day that got me riled up! The kid would be happy with a rusk and a noisy toy, by my experience. This adult wrapping paper, in this colour scheme, this set up - ENTIRELY for Hattie and social media benefit and not the kid.
Wow for an actual journalist she's not good with the words is she? Cos "more than words will ever know" doesn't make sense. Choose between "more than you will ever know" or "more than words can ever say" but it's not really a mix and match situation.
Sorry to all the non-pedants out there but I feel better now I've got that out!

• Haha
That is appalling. People in creative fields are constantly being shafted when it comes to payment (sorry this is a bit of a granola moment for me). People can't pay their bills with exposure you tit. If someone works for you, pay them. If someone asks you to work for free, don't. The hospitality industry is on its knees right now and she's on the grift to feather her own nest which makes her look like a selfish grasping weasel, precisely the thing she came here to refute in the first place.

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
That's now three new threads Jack Monroe has been responsible for creating (Food & Drink, Vonnie and this one) - is this a Tattle record?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
A grift adjacent to our pov cosplay queen Jack Monroe 🥰

Have no idea who she is outside of her clearly lurking her mate Jack’s thread (muggy) but some top line highlights:
* £15k collected for a book that never happened?
* a mental health publication that appears to just be a vehicle to promote consumption to (vulnerable, obvs) women
* moaning about credit card debt on Twitter in the hope of getting #tips

Any receipts or tea welcome. Mods at present she has 39.2k followers so clearly over the 10k threshold, pls delete if not appropriate.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
I find it hilarious that not one of us could even muster the disdain for a hate-follow of Hatttie. This must be the first time ever that a scammer going private has actually worked to silence a Tattle thread. We need a mole.

• Haha

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
I also think, like FrumpyCat, you have come from a place of kindness and naivety rather than outright grifting.
Agreed. The book Kickstarter is heinous as is not paying your freelancers a proper wage and (potentially) not disclosing ads, but I don't think Hattie is a malicious person (at least I've not seen her take pleasure in another's misery or downfall like other influencers on this site). There's definitely room for a redemption arc - either get the book published or refund the backers, pay your contractors & just be more upfront.

If you want to do advertorials a mental health magazine isn't really the right place because by the nature of its content it is going to attract a vulnerable audience who may struggle with impulsive spending e.g. due to being bipolar or having suicidal intentions.

Maybe it's better to rebrand as a sexual health/positivity magazine since that seems to be an area you enjoy and have experience writing articles in.

Always clearly disclose if a product you're recommending is sponsored/given for free/a client of yours and don't try to sell the idea that buying things will improve someone's mental health for your own financial gain, that's just a really awful thing to do. You're no better than Gwyneth paltrow and her 'goop' cons at that point.

Your followers/readers are not just numbers you can extract money and attention from, they're real people with real lives which you can either positively or negatively impact depending on your choices.

Last edited:
  • Heart
You know what? I fervently hope people do google and come here.

The last few posts have been absolutely bang on the nail. We aren’t here to snipe at the fancy Apple set ups or the piles of unnecessary and, as we now find out, clearly unaffordable presents for a one year old. It pains us that WE see these things for what they are and want to help others also see it.

Hattie isn't any happier for having an Insta friendly office/desk shot for social media or 10/15 odd presents all perfectly wrapped in matching paper for a one year old that will dribble and chew on the wrappers as much as enjoy the contents. If anything, she will be unhappier as the statements and bills roll in every month, interest mounting, unceasing.

Stop buying shit - the world can’t take it - and enjoy the freedom that comes with that decision. And stop trying to get others to buy shit too (applies to Jack as much as Hattie to be fair, what with the Cotswolds and designer gear found in puddles and Sue Ryder).

ETA The pic I saw the other day that got me riled up! The kid would be happy with a rusk and a noisy toy, by my experience. This adult wrapping paper, in this colour scheme, this set up - ENTIRELY for Hattie and social media benefit and not the kid.
I hope this is going to be articulated properly, not good with words but:

I cringe when I see these sorts of images for so many reasons, completely agree with you but also think of mums and kids in less favourable financial positions and the pressure or shame it applies. It’s quite popular click bait around Christmas with mum spends £xk per child etc. Like when Jack Monroe lined up all her presents including cash and gift cards 😂

idk it’s weird and almost didn’t want to comment on it as poor kid alumnus now raising a v privileged child I struggle with lots of different thoughts daily around consumption versus saving/investing versus them forging their own way etc so suppose it in some way touches a nerve or triggers something. But I suppose that doesn’t matter when I’m not grifting for it on social media lolz 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 29

FlashBoof

VIP Member
You know what? I fervently hope people do google and come here.

The last few posts have been absolutely bang on the nail. We aren’t here to snipe at the fancy Apple set ups or the piles of unnecessary and, as we now find out, clearly unaffordable presents for a one year old. It pains us that WE see these things for what they are and want to help others also see it.

Hattie isn't any happier for having an Insta friendly office/desk shot for social media or 10/15 odd presents all perfectly wrapped in matching paper for a one year old that will dribble and chew on the wrappers as much as enjoy the contents. If anything, she will be unhappier as the statements and bills roll in every month, interest mounting, unceasing.

Stop buying shit - the world can’t take it - and enjoy the freedom that comes with that decision. And stop trying to get others to buy shit too (applies to Jack as much as Hattie to be fair, what with the Cotswolds and designer gear found in puddles and Sue Ryder).

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
That's now three new threads Jack Monroe has been responsible for creating (Food & Drink, Vonnie and this one) - is this a Tattle record?
The Fack cinematic universe is almost large enough for an avengers style team up now 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
“Most people can’t afford the prohibitive cost of therapy*”

*please read my mental health magazine which is essentially a multi-product advertorial for the extraneous self-care shite that will definitely cure your chronic depression

• Haha
  • Heart

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
That's what I'd tell people too if I realised I'd royally put my foot in it and had a tattle thread started about me. Really weird u-turn to decide you can't afford something after you've viewed, applied, been accepted and told 30k+ people lol

• Haha