Harry Styles - I can’t be the only person who doesn’t like him.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He was 16 when he said that to Matt Cardle. I hardly think that says anything about his own sexuality then or now. If you believe that he is a womaniser then I am not sure you have paid much attention to him or what he has said and done. I would say the opposite and that that narrative has been firmly pushed by the media and PR. It is naive to say that he is a womaniser due to being seen in a photograph with a woman. I shake my head when I hear people regurgitate this sort of stuff. If you have ever worked in PR then you would know it is incredibly basic.

I always say this, but I would gamble large large amounts of money on the fact that he is gay and being advised to hide it. He is hiding it less and less since his 1D days when things were more regimented, but you still have to adhere to certain rules and guidelines if you want regular work. It does make me laugh how people readily believe the narrative fed to them, although I suppose if you know very little about them and have not been told anything to the contrary, you would believe it. In terms of being spotted with men, there has been Louis long term and of course this Xander chap who could well be a significant other. If you know anything about One Direction, you know that Louis and Harry were involved. If is bloody obvious and I still wonder why and how anyone could deny it. It makes me wonder if people are intrinsically homophobic or just blind.

I don't know, I have a friend that works for Song BMG and I have worked in PR in a previous life and when we discuss this, as we have done, we both say we find it funny how people say Harry is supposed to be this lothario and yet there is absolutely no proof of it. Everything we see and hear is to the contrary. But believe what you will and what Heat magazine tells you.....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m pretty sure his relationship with Nick Grimshaw has been confirmed numerous times by various insiders on the secret celeb gossip threads? I’m sure one of them said that Nick had a picture of the two of them on his fridge in the early days (when he was supposedly with Caroline Flack).

Reactions: 6
He was 16 when he said that to Matt Cardle. I hardly think that says anything about his own sexuality then or now. If you believe that he is a womaniser then I am not sure you have paid much attention to him or what he has said and done. I would say the opposite and that that narrative has been firmly pushed by the media and PR. It is naive to say that he is a womaniser due to being seen in a photograph with a woman. I shake my head when I hear people regurgitate this sort of stuff. If you have ever worked in PR then you would know it is incredibly basic.

I always say this, but I would gamble large large amounts of money on the fact that he is gay and being advised to hide it. He is hiding it less and less since his 1D days when things were more regimented, but you still have to adhere to certain rules and guidelines if you want regular work. It does make me laugh how people readily believe the narrative fed to them, although I suppose if you know very little about them and have not been told anything to the contrary, you would believe it. In terms of being spotted with men, there has been Louis long term and of course this Xander chap who could well be a significant other. If you know anything about One Direction, you know that Louis and Harry were involved. If is bloody obvious and I still wonder why and how anyone could deny it. It makes me wonder if people are intrinsically homophobic or just blind.

I don't know, I have a friend that works for Song BMG and I have worked in PR in a previous life and when we discuss this, as we have done, we both say we find it funny how people say Harry is supposed to be this lothario and yet there is absolutely no proof of it. Everything we see and hear is to the contrary. But believe what you will and what Heat magazine tells you.....
Yes he was sixteen, and I highly doubt the last eleven years of increased fame and girls fawning over him have adversely affected his mindset lol. I don't know too much about 1D or Harry himself so I think I have a perfect view of the image he's shown to have by media and it's very sexually ambiguous, new age rock&roll it-boy. If his team are trying so hard to project an image of him being a straight sexual 'lothario' they're going pretty wrong. They portray him now as a polite A-lister who steps out of the spotlight. I remember all the old 1D daily mail stuff about inviting girls back to hotel rooms, smoking we*d on tour etc which was backed by sources, video footage. I also think it's kind of insulting to suggest famous men can't be outspokenly gay these days, so many stars are and it doesn't inhibit their success whatsoever so the theory doesn't make any sense? I also work in PR and I know that very few speculated celeb relationships are stunts.

I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm right by any means, but I do think it's a little naïve to believe all his relationships are fake to hide his true sexuality. He's written songs about these girls, shared clothes, had sources confirm the relationships. Be a lot of wasted time travelling around the world with OW for just for a stunt, wouldn't it?

Anyway, like I said my main problem is the sexually ambiguous comments when the only relationships he's had 'confirmed' are with skinny famous girls, mostly blonde, mostly a lot older.

I’m pretty sure his relationship with Nick Grimshaw has been confirmed numerous times by various insiders on the secret celeb gossip threads? I’m sure one of them said that Nick had a picture of the two of them on his fridge in the early days (when he was supposedly with Caroline Flack).
What are the celeb gossip sites you're looking at? I looooove browsing through them. Some of them have been caught out for posting misinformation (Crazy Days and Nights being the main one) but I hope it's true lol. Makes him a bit more interesting. Are they still friends? Supposedly MLM relationships lack the jealousy but none of the passion.

Last edited:
We will have to agree to disagree. You are assuming that at 16 he was not interested in boys/men.

It depends what area of PR you work in as to whether you deal with clients in the media. You could work for the PR department of a telecomms company....

However, I agree that people do say this and that relationship is fake an awful lot, just because they don't personally believe it. Then there are the carefully orchestrated couples who began as set ups/PR but blossomed into actual relationships.

Recent attitudes towards gay relationships are more accepting, and the 'glass closet' is much more customary if don't want to fully come out and discuss your sexuality, but depending on what industry you are in you often still have to conform to what that industry expects of you. In my own experience it very much depends on that person's image and career plan. One person could come out and be successful in their own field but another is viewed in a completely different way and handled in a different way because they are in a different market and have a different value. I have not seen a one size fits all approach.

The planned relationships that I was/am fully aware of are actually ones that never garnered suspicion. They are so skilfully constructed that they were never doubted.

Drifted off topic now!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I think Caroline was a diversion set up to cover for Nick.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If Harry and Nick did have a thing, they obviously left things on very good terms because Nick interviewed 1D often in later years and then interviewed Harry when he went solo. They seem very comfortable with each other. No bad blood etc etc

Reactions: 5
So it's long been Zayn Malik on heroin but now it's Harry on coke. They love the class As do those 1D lads.

fine lines indeed
The blind was from a Monday (6/9) on about the weekend before. On Sunday the 5th he didn't have a concert so it makes it easy to understand it's about him being in Las Vegas on Saturday the 4th. You aren't going to struggle to find drugs in Nevada.

So he’s not been having a piss under the stage, he’s been having a fine line? :p

oddly specific, but he looks like he has dirt under his nails 🥴

and i cba with how he only pops up on twitter/instagram to stay "show kindness, love H" does the bare minimum and fans fawn over him like he's the second coming of christ.
Honestly it pisses me off sm , I think he knows that because he’s made such a big name for himself he dosent really have to do much to get everyone to lick his arse

Reactions: 2
I don’t mind his music but his transparent act of being a gender nonconformist is really wearing thin IMO. 🙄 it’s totally not a bit genuine and it made me HOWL that idiots in the media were praising him for wearing a Claire’s accessories feather boa with his suit recently 🙄 the whole “is he or isn’t he gay” bullshit is really annoying too.... who bleeping cares 🤷🏼‍♀️ There have been lots and lots of men in the public eye wearing platforms/heels, flamboyant clothing and nail polish since before this idiot was born so it’s not like he’s doing anything groundbreaking 🙄🙈
Totally agree people think he’s some sort of amazing groundbreaking person he’s doing great things for the world in reality there been so many people have done it before him and have had no recognition or little. And it’s frustrating to see him do quite literally nothing to interact with his fans and still get praised for typing three words on his Instagram story

Reactions: 7
hes selling nail polishes (most basic colors ever) for $20 each. they also look like buttplugs so its worth it if you're gonna use it for that purpose too

• Haha
Reactions: 7
What does he look like in his latest attention photoshoot #twit
He looked like a giant sprout on one of the photos.

Sorry but what man would want photos like that published of himself? My husband said he’s such an arty farty twit. It’s true, surely he doesn’t like dressing like that! He used to be in skinny jeans and T-shirts, but since his solo days have come along it’s all flares, pearls, dresses… wtf, why? His girlfriend cannot be turned on by that surely, she had a big manly man before Harry. Not dissing men who have a feminine side, or gays, bi people etc but he’s a head and it’s all for some weird messed up image that does him no favours.

Reactions: 6