Harry Styles - I can’t be the only person who doesn’t like him.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This tiktok expresses a lot of the gripes I have with him atm and it’s sad because I used to be such a huge fan but he really has lost his way

Whew, points were made! This is valid, I agree with a lot of what she says!

Reactions: 1
I’m sorry this is gonna be an essay. But I’ve got a lot to say and I’m bored. First, I have to ask, to the person who tried to meet him on set and lives by his moms house, how did you manage to drive /fly all the way to set just in time for the filming of it? Lol. That part is making me confused and making me think maybe whoever said that isn’t being completely honest. But, Idk your case so lmk pls I’m curious.
Second, I’ve become a hardcore fan of Harry styles and have researched every little theory, speculation, and ‘fact’ about his life in result of my quarantine boredom. And let me tell you right now- had it not been for his dating life and alleged hookups that was set up since he was 16 years old- he never would’ve been relevant to the GP. Especially in the 1D days, he just would’ve been another boy band member. Like zayn was(and now zayns got the whole hadid thing which is why he’s the only other pop culture ‘relevant’ one. Still ‘irrelevant’ compared to Harry, yet a billion times more genuine. I love my zayn.)
And here’s the thing- in the beginning, it’s pretty obvious to me that harry hated this image being set up for him. All of them had a ‘character’ created and one that changed(for some) and you can research that if you’d like. I’ve done my research on EVERYTHING- his womanizer thing, his ‘relationship’ with grimy, our pal Larry, the connections he established early on, how obvious it is that he slowly started becoming friends w ppl who don’t care abt him, how he started becoming the person he supposedly didn’t want to become as the years went on, and how now - it’s pretty obvious to me that he’s just a brand. Which- Taylor swift was just a brand before reputation. BTS is a brand. 1D was a brand. But those brands at least had/ have relationships with their fans. Their art may have been tailored to sell half of the time- but at least the ppl behind it did their part to establish the fan base and make it feel like a community. And also put genuine songs in the same album as the ones built to sell. So it still doesn’t feel completely empty. Not to say Harry doesn’t have genuine songs, but I’ll get to that later.
Especially in 1D, the relationship there w the fans was SOO strong, it brought so many of us comfort. There’s some sort of magic to them- a real human spirit behind those songs. Louis was always the one who made the most genuine and fan favorite songs, but Harry was #2 on that list. He wrote If I could fly, happily, and Olivia. Some love songs that feel like they come from someone who actually has experienced it and isn’t just writing to make girls cream their pants. And I am one who believes that in the very early days(honestly maybe even through the entirety of the band, maybe MAYBE a couple years after), Harry and Louis had SOME sort of relationship. I know that gryles is suspicious as hell- which is why I say some sort of relationship. Probably not as committed and simple as believers of that (Larry) think, but I think there was SOMETHING there. The master post timelines on tumblr sold me on the undeniable stuff but I don’t buy all of it(not even the tats). And that’s the thing- within the fandom- his relationships and hookups(likely genuine like hamille or obvious PR like haylor) are the biggest thing we discuss. Even now w this Olivia Wilde thing. Which to me looks like a marketing scheme but it may be genuine, which is crappy on his part bc breaking up a family? Low. Olivia went low too but that’s not the first time she’s done such a thing.., shame for the kids.
He also has supposed hookups(they could very well have been PR/friendships taken out of context to fit the image, Idk. I think after 2015 they are more genuine but again, it’s just a hunch),, which brought him and bring him so much attention. To the GP his sexual ambiguity and camp style has also become what he’s known for. Other than a song about cunnilingus and watermelons. And the sad thing is- Harry actually has some great songs. The production is immaculate for fine line and very good on Hs1. He experimented a lot w rare instruments on the second album mostly and deserves praise for it. Sign of the times is very strong lyrically. As is the story telling in kiwi; and there’s some great metaphors used in Fine line(including the song fine line lol). And songs like golden are funky and great while adore you also has a very memorable melody, they’re catchy. But what I find weird is that all critic reviews are praising him for things that his ex bandmates get critique for. Like down to a t, they made nialls album tank for the same reasons they made harrys a hit. He even gets praise for things that 1d itself even got tit for. They could praise him for metaphors, writting a song about death in 2017 when that’s rare, or having the guts to stray completely from some electric generic pop techniques(in the first album specifically)…But they don’t- which makes it obvious to me that he has deep industry connections that make them favor him unjustly over other artist. Not even just the 4 boys he was once brothers with- artist who are in his niche as well.
And that’s what does it for me - especially since it’s been proven bad articles about him get hidden and critical articles don’t reach many people. His misogynistic lyrics on hs1 are a little too misogynistic for my taste, yet articles about that never blew up somehow. Not the same way the ones about him buying fish for Liam Gallagher have. Not the same way the ones tarnishing his bandmates reputation for things Harry himself has done have. The bias is obvious- and to me it’s clear that he sold his core values and once wonderful and vibrant personality just for praise and fame. But that’s a whole other essay.
And let’s be honest- watermelon sugar is a clever metaphor for sex and the female orgasm(it’s from a book, his exs fav book too) but the song itself is nothing but repetitive and generic. Even some of 1Ds singles were way less repetitive. I’d personally take story of my life over watermelon sugar any day, and story of my life has the least cohesive lyrics ever… yeah I basically just hate watermelon sugar ooops.
Overall, I think Harry could’ve been super great, his goofy personality and charm and charisma makes him the only one that could successfully manage the level of fame he has. Though I think Niall would absolutely thrive. And in the beginning, b4 his life went to tit and he stopped working on vocal technique- Louis would have-if the industry was a different place with different values. If zayn wasn’t an introvert he would’ve too and if Liam was more interesting and made better songs he’d do great. But harry really is just another pop star at this point. I don’t hate him at all and 1D Harry is very much dear to me- but in a way I do dislike him. Even though I want to love and support him SO bad, there’s things I just can’t overlook. I’m not blinded by his looks bc I honestly don’t find him hot, only in some pictures do I think he’s handsome, but I’ve got absolutely no fantasies about him. Especially since I think that light and purity and warmth around him evaporated somehow- and not just cus of his lifestyle of sex, drugs, vanity, self-pitying lyrics, and superficiality. Cus even in the band and in 2017 when he began to act like this and still had the reputation, you could feel the wonderful, kind person behind it all. Now that’s been watered down immensely- but at least he is still allegedly nice and has helped some LGBT fans at shows. Hopefully when/ if he leaves Columbia and his douchey karjenner LA clan he becomes a little less of a robot and a lot more of a human.That is all xx.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Also: before I stanned 1D/ Harry, the reason I was put off by him was because he’s close with the jenners and I think if you surround yourself w people that out of touch w reality- it says everything about you. He’s also best friends w his label, manager, and rob stringer which also tells me ain’t no way this dude is a victim In 2021. His fans are also horrible. They’re called henries or solo harries and literally every other fandom in 1d and sometimes Twitter hate them. They’re 10x worse than larries and larries can be absolutely horrible. And also- where did you guys get insider info about his dating life? I’ll take everything w a grain of salt but I’m curious to hear some perspectives and speculation.

Reactions: 3
I’m sorry this is gonna be an essay. But I’ve got a lot to say and I’m bored. First, I have to ask, to the person who tried to meet him on set and lives by his moms house, how did you manage to drive /fly all the way to set just in time for the filming of it? Lol. That part is making me confused and making me think maybe whoever said that isn’t being completely honest. But, Idk your case so lmk pls I’m curious.
Second, I’ve become a hardcore fan of Harry styles and have researched every little theory, speculation, and ‘fact’ about his life in result of my quarantine boredom. And let me tell you right now- had it not been for his dating life and alleged hookups that was set up since he was 16 years old- he never would’ve been relevant to the GP. Especially in the 1D days, he just would’ve been another boy band member. Like zayn was(and now zayns got the whole hadid thing which is why he’s the only other pop culture ‘relevant’ one. Still ‘irrelevant’ compared to Harry, yet a billion times more genuine. I love my zayn.)
And here’s the thing- in the beginning, it’s pretty obvious to me that harry hated this image being set up for him. All of them had a ‘character’ created and one that changed(for some) and you can research that if you’d like. I’ve done my research on EVERYTHING- his womanizer thing, his ‘relationship’ with grimy, our pal Larry, the connections he established early on, how obvious it is that he slowly started becoming friends w ppl who don’t care abt him, how he started becoming the person he supposedly didn’t want to become as the years went on, and how now - it’s pretty obvious to me that he’s just a brand. Which- Taylor swift was just a brand before reputation. BTS is a brand. 1D was a brand. But those brands at least had/ have relationships with their fans. Their art may have been tailored to sell half of the time- but at least the ppl behind it did their part to establish the fan base and make it feel like a community. And also put genuine songs in the same album as the ones built to sell. So it still doesn’t feel completely empty. Not to say Harry doesn’t have genuine songs, but I’ll get to that later.
Especially in 1D, the relationship there w the fans was SOO strong, it brought so many of us comfort. There’s some sort of magic to them- a real human spirit behind those songs. Louis was always the one who made the most genuine and fan favorite songs, but Harry was #2 on that list. He wrote If I could fly, happily, and Olivia. Some love songs that feel like they come from someone who actually has experienced it and isn’t just writing to make girls cream their pants. And I am one who believes that in the very early days(honestly maybe even through the entirety of the band, maybe MAYBE a couple years after), Harry and Louis had SOME sort of relationship. I know that gryles is suspicious as hell- which is why I say some sort of relationship. Probably not as committed and simple as believers of that (Larry) think, but I think there was SOMETHING there. The master post timelines on tumblr sold me on the undeniable stuff but I don’t buy all of it(not even the tats). And that’s the thing- within the fandom- his relationships and hookups(likely genuine like hamille or obvious PR like haylor) are the biggest thing we discuss. Even now w this Olivia Wilde thing. Which to me looks like a marketing scheme but it may be genuine, which is crappy on his part bc breaking up a family? Low. Olivia went low too but that’s not the first time she’s done such a thing.., shame for the kids.
He also has supposed hookups(they could very well have been PR/friendships taken out of context to fit the image, Idk. I think after 2015 they are more genuine but again, it’s just a hunch),, which brought him and bring him so much attention. To the GP his sexual ambiguity and camp style has also become what he’s known for. Other than a song about cunnilingus and watermelons. And the sad thing is- Harry actually has some great songs. The production is immaculate for fine line and very good on Hs1. He experimented a lot w rare instruments on the second album mostly and deserves praise for it. Sign of the times is very strong lyrically. As is the story telling in kiwi; and there’s some great metaphors used in Fine line(including the song fine line lol). And songs like golden are funky and great while adore you also has a very memorable melody, they’re catchy. But what I find weird is that all critic reviews are praising him for things that his ex bandmates get critique for. Like down to a t, they made nialls album tank for the same reasons they made harrys a hit. He even gets praise for things that 1d itself even got tit for. They could praise him for metaphors, writting a song about death in 2017 when that’s rare, or having the guts to stray completely from some electric generic pop techniques(in the first album specifically)…But they don’t- which makes it obvious to me that he has deep industry connections that make them favor him unjustly over other artist. Not even just the 4 boys he was once brothers with- artist who are in his niche as well.
And that’s what does it for me - especially since it’s been proven bad articles about him get hidden and critical articles don’t reach many people. His misogynistic lyrics on hs1 are a little too misogynistic for my taste, yet articles about that never blew up somehow. Not the same way the ones about him buying fish for Liam Gallagher have. Not the same way the ones tarnishing his bandmates reputation for things Harry himself has done have. The bias is obvious- and to me it’s clear that he sold his core values and once wonderful and vibrant personality just for praise and fame. But that’s a whole other essay.
And let’s be honest- watermelon sugar is a clever metaphor for sex and the female orgasm(it’s from a book, his exs fav book too) but the song itself is nothing but repetitive and generic. Even some of 1Ds singles were way less repetitive. I’d personally take story of my life over watermelon sugar any day, and story of my life has the least cohesive lyrics ever… yeah I basically just hate watermelon sugar ooops.
Overall, I think Harry could’ve been super great, his goofy personality and charm and charisma makes him the only one that could successfully manage the level of fame he has. Though I think Niall would absolutely thrive. And in the beginning, b4 his life went to tit and he stopped working on vocal technique- Louis would have-if the industry was a different place with different values. If zayn wasn’t an introvert he would’ve too and if Liam was more interesting and made better songs he’d do great. But harry really is just another pop star at this point. I don’t hate him at all and 1D Harry is very much dear to me- but in a way I do dislike him. Even though I want to love and support him SO bad, there’s things I just can’t overlook. I’m not blinded by his looks bc I honestly don’t find him hot, only in some pictures do I think he’s handsome, but I’ve got absolutely no fantasies about him. Especially since I think that light and purity and warmth around him evaporated somehow- and not just cus of his lifestyle of sex, drugs, vanity, self-pitying lyrics, and superficiality. Cus even in the band and in 2017 when he began to act like this and still had the reputation, you could feel the wonderful, kind person behind it all. Now that’s been watered down immensely- but at least he is still allegedly nice and has helped some LGBT fans at shows. Hopefully when/ if he leaves Columbia and his douchey karjenner LA clan he becomes a little less of a robot and a lot more of a human.That is all xx.
I live near his mum and was in Brighton for work while he was filming so I went to have a nose? What are you confused about? I have no reason to lie. If I was lying I’d make something up a bit better than that…🙄

Reactions: 1
Im out of the age bracket he is marketed to anyway but I genuinely cant see the attraction to him, he does nothing for me and the lad who was with Cheryl looks like a young Bob Mortimer. I would rather have the real Bob!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
He’s just announced coachella when he can’t mention anything about his uk tour dates. I originally bought tickets over 2 years ago. I’m officially over him.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Yeah it’s really bad he hasn’t done his U.K. tour, my daughter has had tickets for 2 years. I do not understand what she likes about him either

What a dick…. He’d just be better off being honest that he’s over the uk and can make more money off the US fans because that’s now it looks and feels.

I know it’s possible it’s not up to him etc but the decent thing would be to either give an update such as we’re sorting new dates or just apologise that it can’t go ahead right now and we’re refunding everyone. Nobody’s going to care about a tour for fine line now… unless HS3 is going to drop soon and he’s holding everyone’s cash to ransom expecting them to just turn out for a HS3 tour instead.

Also duck all his fans who are going to start obsessing over marvel now he’s in it. Especially the ones who never showed interest previously and took the piss out people who liked it (because you know they’ll be some like that)

He's doing Coachella in April now. Still no sign of the UK tour....

I think Marvel is crap personally. He certainly won't induce me to watch it.

I am surprised he ploughed so much money into buying properties in Hampstead when he is hardly ever in the UK.

the Americans are all desperate for him to come out with HS3 now completely ignoring the fact that he STILL hasn't completed the fine line tour for the UK and other countries. i think he'll do it as well bc he's clearly shown he's not bothered about his UK fans. just a little while ago they were all getting excited because he nodded at a poster board that said UK tour next year but he hasn't even formally notified them on anything but can say he's doing coachella

Reactions: 2
There’s been a UK/Europe update.
Original uk dates cancelled and refunds issued (as far as I can understand from twitter). New dates at fewer venues so fans have to repurchase with no guarantee of getting a new ticket other than getting a presale link. People who’ve waited 2 years for a show getting fucked over. How can people not see him and his team have no interest in the UK. I appreciate that getting a run of dates isn’t going to be easy but he could’ve done some now(the new dates are June) and some later in the year. Fans have every right to be angry especially those who’ve lost out on front row or the equivalent.

Reactions: 5
He's getting a well deserved slaughtering on socials for this. Treating UK fans like absolute shite.

Reactions: 6
Refunds also take 28 days to be issued and the presale is this Friday. So I’m not sure where people are expected to get the money from to buy new ones.

Last edited:
i'm seeing americans saying they want to get tickets for uk shows now because they like the opening act. it's ridiculous. he's a moneygrabber and that's all.

I wonder if this situation will wake a few fans (More so the older ones. Im not expecting much from the teenagers who worship him as some kind of woke king) up to how much of a money grabber he’s become.

There’s going to be so many disappointed fans who won’t be able to be able attend the new date because of other commitments (I’m pretty sure they’ll be fans who have important exams at that time of year) and others who simply can’t afford to be coughing up £70 for a new ticket straight after Xmas. Not to mention the potential additional costs of train/coach fare and a hotel.

Taylor swift had the decency to cancel her Lover Fest shows and make a point of not touring until she feels it’s safe for her(and her tour crew) and her fans and not leave them hanging.

It's shocking what he and his team are doing. I hope he falls flat on his face sooner rather than later because he is taking the piss.

He should just duck off to Hollywood because he has no respect for the rest of the world apparently. Completely twattish behaviour.

A work colleague's daughters have tickets and as their venue is cancelled they are now having to try to get new tickets in the pre-sale for the new venue. They are only 17 and 18 and totally stressed out about it. They had good tickets and were really looking forward to it and now are anxious about if they can get similar seats etc or if they will have to pay more. It is also A'Level time so they are unsure about if they will even be able to get there. The whole things is tit and with every action he makes at the moment he shows what is important to him. I hope people wake up to what a money grabbing chancer he is.

I saw on twitter somebody make the point that New York had more tour dates than the whole of the UK.
That’s how shite this situation is for the uk a city got more show attention than the country and fans that made him famous. He’d be nothing without the X factor. But the point was also made he and his team will have known about this for MONTHS and couldn’t and didn’t have the decency to refund earlier so people had the money now.

The cricket ground (concert capacity 50K but will probably not be that high) for the Manchester show is a tram ride away and an absolute nightmare when leaving (united fan who used to go to matches a lot the two stadiums are down the road from one another) granted you can walk down the road to a new line but if you don’t know Manchester that’s not really an option especially at night. You don’t even get an option of what tram you’re put on (or you didn’t might’ve have changed) so you’ve no chance of being able to get a train home unless it’s much later meaning more people are going to having to cough up for hotels and hotels who’s prices will be higher because of the demand.

Reactions: 8
I dumped this in the general 1D thread but for anyone not following these are prices he’s expecting people to find straight after Xmas.