Harry Styles - I can’t be the only person who doesn’t like him.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have nothing to add, I don’t even know why he irritates me SO MUCH but I can’t stand the budget Bowie, or his fans.

every time I see him I get irrationally angry because he seems to be able to do no wrong 😂
I also want to put him in a shower and cut his hair because he looks in need of a good wash!

he’s now whispering on a bleeping calm app and his voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Humour me it’s been a long year 😑 am I alone 😂
am I dying on this hill alone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
Couldn’t agree more. It’s actually quite strange how far most of his fans will go to defend him. God only knows how some of them cope in the real world if not being a fan of Harry Styles is such a big deal to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Couldn’t agree more. It’s actually quite strange how far most of his fans will go to defend him. God only knows how some of them cope in the real world if not being a fan of Harry Styles is such a big deal to them.
its a level of insanity that requires medication, especially the ones over the age of.... nine 🤷‍♀️ twelve.
They are hard core!!!!

Mediocre singer and actor. 😑

Reactions: 10
I enjoy his most of music and his live show I went to a few years ago. I also don’t think he’s necessarily a bad person (compared to many in the industry) however Harry styles the showman and brand are not necessarily Harry behind closed doors.

I don’t really buy into the flamboyant Harry as anything more than a stage character. He’s been surrounded by people who’s sole interest is money since the age of 16 and I do feel like his naivety was exploited. He was groomed for a solo career from very early on in the 1D days. He hasn’t snapped yet but if he did in a few years I wouldn’t be surprised.

I find a massive discontent between him and the fans and that for me is a massive issue. His team run his socials that are only ever active when there’s a record to sell. The other former 1D boys do stuff like insta lives to connect with fans more. It would take very little effort to go live for an hour and connect with the people who are essentially paying his mortgage

His hardcore fans are something else though especially the ones who are still convinced Larry are real and the two of them are happily married.

Then there’s his merch store. That place is a mess and can barely operate. I’ve seen so many complaints of people waiting months and months for T-shirt’s and jumpers to turn up and vinyls being unplayable. The customer service is super shoddy as well.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I enjoy his most of music and his live show I went to a few years ago. I also don’t think he’s necessarily a bad person (compared to many in the industry) however Harry styles the showman and brand are not necessarily Harry behind closed doors.

I don’t really buy into the flamboyant Harry as anything more than a stage character. He’s been surrounded by people who’s sole interest is money since the age of 16 and I do feel like his naivety was exploited. He was groomed for a solo career from very early on in the 1D days. He hasn’t snapped yet but if he did in a few years I wouldn’t be surprised.

I find a massive discontent between him and the fans and that for me is a massive issue. His team run his socials that are only ever active when there’s a record to sell. The other former 1D boys do stuff like insta lives to connect with fans more. It would take very little effort to go live for an hour and connect with the people who are essentially paying his mortgage

His hardcore fans are something else though especially the ones who are still convinced Larry are real and the two of them are happily married.

Then there’s his merch store. That place is a mess and can barely operate. I’ve seen so many complaints of people waiting months and months for T-shirt’s and jumpers to turn up and vinyls being unplayable. The customer service is super shoddy as well.
brilliant summary of how I feel!! 😂
I don’t think he’s in any way overly problematic, or evil 😂 or anything like that, but I think he feels like he’s above it all. Like he’s a level up from similar acts and performers right now. Wouldn’t engage with fans online and “keeps his private life private“ until he’s selling something, I don’t believe half his relationships either. It’s just good press.

he’s also so desperate to be woke it’s like a tick the box list.
there is nothing original about him, it’s all very copy cat

AND HOS VOICE ON THAT APP IS PLAYED ON MY YOUTUBE SO MANY TIMES 😂

I obviously know one direction, who doesn’t, but this relationship stuff.... I thankfully avoided that 😆 wasn’t he shagging the jenners, flack, swift.

Reactions: 10
I'm so glad there are other people who feel the same way. The reverence the world seems to have for Harry I thought I was the odd one out in finding him bang average and fake.

He isn't a horrible person, and isn't nasty or anything like that. But everything about his image is so curated and manufactured I don't believe it's genuine. He's trying to create this "cool" look with flamboyant Gucci suits and non-conforming outfits, but I don't find it genuine. You can tell he is trying too hard to create this look and brand.

Like others say, he presents himself as above his fans in the way he doesn't do social media in the way other 1D guys do more.

His music ain't all that either for me. Yeah, Watermelon Sugar is catchy. But I'm pretty ambivalent to a lot of it. I don't get the fuss over the TPWK video. Just more gimmicks to attract headlines and the like.

And honestly, he's not even good looking really. Agree about the hair being grim, it was even more 🤮🤮 when it was really long. Always looked greasy and nasty. I just don't get the hype surrounding him what so ever.

They aren't as big or successful in their solo careers, but give me Niall and Louis anyday, at least I find them more authentic. Especially Niall, maybe he's more boring, but seems really nice and just enjoying living this great life, seems super appreciative and I think he's so authentic in terms of his music, making music he wants to make rather than Harry wanting to make music that is trying to be more.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It's because of comments like these he's become so private and barely goes on social media now. He used to interact with his fans during 1D but with negativity like this all over his social media what can he do?

I do agree though that the only time he seems to go online is to promote his music (or actually his team promotes his music I think). I agree he could do more to interact with his fans since they spend so much of their time for him (fanpages, streaming his music etc)

Reactions: 7
I agree. I used to be a huge fan, but I hate the person he’s “become” (I use air quotes as I am well aware that the public version of him and the real him aren’t the same) but honestly there’s no way that some of that persona hadn’t crept into his everyday life. I agree with the person further up, he seemingly can do no wrong....

And I can’t stand the ads for his Calm thing. Even the ad makes me cringe!

Reactions: 2
🙋‍♀️ saw the thread title and thought I'd let you know you're not alone 🤣 Can't stand the little oik!

Reactions: 12
**Looking for answers into how he controls so many young (and old) females and turns them into crazy aggressive fans...**

3F1CDD1F-3008-49DF-9606-9505313487B0.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Youre not alone I can’t bear him! I didn’t mind him at first on X factor and that but now he thinks he’s this wannabe fashion muse in all them daft clothes. There was a point when thought he was the new Mick Jagger and he ran to the moon with that one. Then he wants to be all woke and quirky with his pink flares and wearing dresses (nothing wrong with this btw) but I feel he has no direction now ( ‘scuse the pun! ) His music is mediocre and I thought sign of the times was trying to be like a Robbie Williams Angels type mega hit.

I obviously know one direction, who doesn’t, but this relationship stuff.... I thankfully avoided that 😆 wasn’t he shagging the jenners, flack, swift.
I’m sure I seen on another thread that the whole Caroline Flack saga was a cover up for him being with Nick Grimshaw.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I think Yungblud is better for being a gender non traditional dresser. Though his style is totally different to Harry's.

Reactions: 9
The thing with Harry is isn’t necessarily Harry himself it’s who he surrounds himself with.

I mentioned on the 1D thread how it’s alleged Louis was concerned with the some of LA crowd Harry was surrounding himself with when he was 19/20 and that this (along side the intense Larry shippers) cause their (again alleged) fall out.

The first toe dip into the flamboyant clothing(that infamous silver floral suit and the Gucci shirts) almost certainly matches up with him meeting up with Jeff and the LA crowd. The flamboyant outfits combined with being overly woke and being sexually mysterious are an absolute tick box goldmine of appeal to youngsters, meanwhile most of the older casual fans (like myself) can see right through it. It’s been done before in the past (Bowie/Freddie etc) so it’s not all that shocking.

He gets away with it because compared to other solo males in the charts who are nothing like him and quite frankly safe and boring.
Take away the image he’s just another male solo artist like Ed Shearan or Lewis Capaldi. I stand by my theory his naivety has been taken advantage of for far to long. His entire music career has been at the hands of business men looking to make more money making decisions or suggestions to him. He’s not know any different from the age of 16.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Tries too hard to be a geezer. There's some that can shake of the boy band roots but it's very rare.

Reactions: 1
I do think it’s sad when you look at how he’s been surrounded by people whose main interest is making money out of him, or any of 1D. It must be so difficult to build genuine relationships I don’t think I’d ever want to be in that position no matter the amount of money. You can never truly know someone’s intentions.
I do think his team have worked to americanise him a lot and compartmentalize between Harry and the brand Harry styles. They’ve obviously been pretty successful. It does distance him a lot from fans though and that’s sad.

16 is far too young to know and realize those things, they were all just kids really. Must have messed them up behind closed doors, I wonder if that’s part of the reason he wants to control how he’s seen and not someone do that for him.

Reactions: 5
He doesnt bother me TBH but do we think hes gay or just an act to seem more interesting?

Reactions: 5
He doesnt bother me TBH but do we think hes gay or just an act to seem more interesting?
I think he’s probably just bisexual or bicurious. I think if was gay something would’ve come out by now. Either paparazzi leaks or he would’ve been linked with more men. I’ve said in the 1D thread it’s not like he’s lose fans, sales or his Gucci spon if he came out. But his sexual ambiguity plays a big part of his curated image and persona.

Reactions: 6
I liked his first album, I haven’t bothered listening to the second. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with him per se, but I can’t see why people find him so interesting? I feel like he’s always separated as being “different” but apart from how he dresses sometimes, I don’t see what’s “different about him.”

Reactions: 8