Harry & Meghan #9 Ginge has sent out an SOS so Gangan is sending in the SAS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mind you, according to the tabloids, Kate is pregnant every other week. And, if it is twins, what happened to the “only having two children max” because of the environment Harry? 🙄
It'll be fine.
They can give baby dangle to another little girl, with a year's supply of organic vegan batteries, and keep the twins.
Baby Desmond Tutu and baby Oprah.
Simples...😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Hi there!

I have always thought of MM wanting herself to be like the late HSH Princess Grace of Monaco.

I say it like it is because the late Princess Grace had a stellar acting career, and she was very much sought after actress. She is renowed as a classic Hollywood beauty. She was wanted by Hollywood directors to act again. The late princess was also given very beautiful expensive jewels by her husband.

I guess MM wanted the same treatment of Hollywood to her; she wanted directors to clamor for her to act again. She highly expected herself to be the new Grace Kelly, and she wanted Hollywood to worship her.

But, unfortunately, she wasn't what HW wanted. She naively thought that marrying a 6th in line will give her everything she wanted.

I guess MM wanted all the novelty: an engagement ring as big as her ego, jewels commissioned for her like Edward did for Wallis. She wanted USA to print her face in coins, in stamps. She wanted documentaries. She wanted people copying her. But I guess she got the grand wedding.

MM wanted Harry to bend the purse for her. When she realized that he can't cause he wasn't the future Prince of Wales, she won't get anything. Thus leading her into her meltdown.

I wonder what her next husband will be like: a Russian billionaire? A rich paedophile?
Grace Kelly actually gave up her acting career at age 26 when she married Prince Rainier. She declined all movie offers and had three children and did philanthropic work. Her life was rich, but miserable because her husband kept a string of mistresses. Hardly someone whose life to hanker after.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Grace Kelly actually gave up her acting career at age 26 when she married Prince Rainier. She declined all movie offers and had three children and did philanthropic work. Her life was rich, but miserable because her husband kept a string of mistresses. Hardly someone whose life to hanker after.
Not to mention the marriage was a calculated move for the prince to bring publicity & wealth (she had to pay him quite a fortune as a dowry!) to his country and ditto with Diana, be "good breeding stock". Think she was feeling insecure that no one would want to marry such a high profile celebrity, but ultimately she was forced to give up her career to a man who was known as being rude and controlling. Weren't they also living apart by the time she died? Yes she found joy in charity work, but the marriage aspect is hardly something you would expect a modern, feminist woman to aspire to! Even Diana came into her own after her divorce.

Difference as well that Grace created a wide variety of celebrated films at such a young age, whereas most people in the UK had never heard of Meghan until she partnered up, and can't imagine Grace having to demean herself by taking part in that men's magazine video, with all the stunted poses mimicking what a teenager thinks is hot.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I honestly think Meghan had the "fairytale" princess idea in her head. That she swan about palaces in expensive dresses dripping with jewels. Heck she probably thought she have her own mini throne on which to rest her derriere. In reality she was met by a working system in which she had to adhere to strict protocol, go to work, be told what to do by pretty much everyone with a higher pecking order and some in lower important positions such as advisors and aids. She was expecting to get a tiara balanced on her head which allowed her to do as and what wanted, but the reality kicked her hard in the ass.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I honestly think Meghan had the "fairytale" princess idea in her head. That she swan about palaces in expensive dresses dripping with jewels. Heck she probably thought she have her own mini throne on which to rest her derriere. In reality she was met by a working system in which she had to adhere to strict protocol, go to work, be told what to do by pretty much everyone with a higher pecking order and some in lower important positions such as advisors and aids. She was expecting to get a tiara balanced on her head which allowed her to do as and what wanted, but the reality kicked her hard in the ass.
Completely concur! She didn't realise she would be working. Just as you said, she wanted to swan about, looking fabulous, being served by staff and adored by the general public. She didn't realise just how much actual research and work the royals do on a daily basis.
Obviously I'm not comparing royal engagements to a normal person's working day, but there is a lot of graft put in and a lot of their engagements aren't glamorous at all, which I'm sure came as a right shock to Beghan (thanks to @antisocialmedia for that brilliant moniker!) as she would deem a lot of those smaller engagements to be beneath her.
And, as you rightly pointed out, I don't think she was aware that she would be told what to do by courtiers at every step- again something her fragile ego couldn't handle! :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It'd be interesting to see one of those infrared torch thingies that CSI use to see how many of Meg's fingerprints are actually on Harry's body 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
^ Ahahaha. The Prince George bit, rifling through his piggy bank for a tenner :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Instant popularity indeed 🤣.

I think one of the biggest mistakes Meghan made, and I’ve heard this from sources close to her, is that she naively went in thinking this role came almost with an instant popularity.”

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Completely concur! She didn't realise she would be working. Just as you said, she wanted to swan about, looking fabulous, being served by staff and adored by the general public. She didn't realise just how much actual research and work the royals do on a daily basis.
Obviously I'm not comparing royal engagements to a normal person's working day, but there is a lot of graft put in and a lot of their engagements aren't glamorous at all, which I'm sure came as a right shock to Beghan (thanks to @antisocialmedia for that brilliant moniker!) as she would deem a lot of those smaller engagements to be beneath her.
And, as you rightly pointed out, I don't think she was aware that she would be told what to do by courtiers at every step- again something her fragile ego couldn't handle! :rolleyes:

As Harry said himself "what Megan wants Megan gets" she really thought she was going to get everything and anything she wanted. She's watched too many Disney films on princess where you get sweeped off your feet and taken off into the sunset to be pampered. The royals as a whole have a pretty good life and once upon a time they did pretty much get pampered for the most part, but that was when they were heads of the country. Since the introduction of a government the royal family as had to basically work to make make themselves viable. A point Meghan seems to have missed. I often wonder if Harry thought because he was so low down the pecking order he could get away with Megan being a kept woman who could do as she pleases and take interests in her own projects regardless of royal protocol. I often wonder if he sold it like this when he was feeling her in... Also I really hope he used the line "ever wanted f a prince on their first date, as someone earlier said he said to someone else.. I mean what a line! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Instant popularity indeed 🤣.

I think one of the biggest mistakes Meghan made, and I’ve heard this from sources close to her, is that she naively went in thinking this role came almost with an instant popularity.”

I listened to (ArthurEdwards??) who’d been a royal photographer for many years talking about how much he loved Harry, and how he’d always been ‘one of the lads’ on press shoots, taking all the press out for a drink afterwards etc. He said he suggested to Harry that he should bring Meghan along to meet the press, let them get to know her and vice versa. Harry would have none of it. It would have been the perfect opportunity to get the press on side, for her to admit she gets stuff wrong, show some humility and generally just try to get to know them all a bit. If she’d done that then maybe she’d have come across a bit better and gained some support from both the press and the public. Obviously it was far to much to ask of her 🙄. She wanted to be adored without proving her worth. Respect needs to be earned and it was all too much hard work for her.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
I have never seen my feelings and imaginings about MM and their lifestyle so spookily written out by this Mumsnet used. Spoooooooky wooooo.
Agree on the Angelina Jolie angle. I actually thought that the reason behind Brad’s joke at the BAFTAs was that he sees the dynamic at play in that relationship because he lived it. Total seduction and infatuation followed by living totally controlled in a world designed for you by the other person.

Reactions: 14
Well put, especially the bit in bold. That bit in bold was exactly why their 'statement of defection' stressed that they would be willing to do some engagements. In other words they'd do the red carpet events mingling with the stars and hoi poloi and the foreign trips with all expenses paid and lots of curtseying to them, but opening new care homes in simple day dresses or sitting in stuffy churches with no air fresheners was too boring and was off Harkle's the menu. All those paid for by Charlie designer evening dresses and new wardrobes gone in one savage cut by Queenie.
I've said it a few times, Queenie played a blinder saying no more royal representation events for them but thanks for the offer, and beghan will have have been furious when Harry came back to Canada without the promise of those events for her to glory in. I honestly think that's why Harry was so furious during his final wrinkly jacketed speech.He knew they'd been done over on that issue Well, that and the fact that she hadn't stayed by his side for it as promised. I bet she gave him a right bollocking when he rejoined her in Canada.:p

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I suppose Granny sending out the SAS will save on all the organising another car crash. I actually think Ginger Nuts and the Yank leaving the Royal Family and effectively emigrating has worked out well for everyone. Granny has got shot of the illegitimate black sheep without needing the paparazzi and a drunk chauffeur, and the UK has got rid of both Ginger Nuts and the Yank.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
One area of the public who always stood by Harry was the military and especially veterans. He was always well respected and after starting Invictus he went up in estimations. When the Meagain tit started veterans still stood by him. But you know you have fucked up when even your loving Vets are turning their backs on you. I’m on many veteran pages on fb etc (partner is 1) and they’re dropping like flies in their love for him. You twit Harry

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.