Harry & Meghan #81 You chose to do a moonlight flit, you Mermaid your bed, now lie in it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do have to stick up for Harry a little bit about the Shetland pony. Ponies are notorious for being cheeky at the best of times, and this one was surrounded by crowds and probably a bit stressed. Horses and ponies are prey animals, they're naturally more anxious than cats and dogs. I've been around them my whole life and see no issue with the Shetland pony.

Reactions: 10
I've worked out what his job is! When people have issues with constipation, it's because their bowel is impacted. His job is to clear the :poop::poop:
My best advice to all folk, always keep a plunger next to your loo, you’ll never know when you need it.

If you need help using your plunger go on You Tube and Kim from How Clean is Your House has a great video showing the exact movement required.

Enjoy!

Nurse! More medication please!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
"The chief impact officer position is relatively rare in the corporate world, notes the WSJ - it is seen more commonly in non-profit organisations such as Amnesty International" quote from wall Street journalist

Makes me angry. People who are qualified would kill for this type of job.
Amnesty .... haha. Ugh. They are renowned for driving their own people to suicide through vicious bullying and overwork. There were quite a few articles about it a couple of years ago after the scandal broke. Seems they had a massive corporate bullying culture rife with sexual discrimination. Might be a fit for the Harkles in the future then, eh?

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Hello, am new here. Thanks to all for these interesting threads.

I'd like to throw out there something I'm increasingly fascinated about, related to news leaks that seem to be falling under the radar. Basically my question boils down to:

Is it possible MM, the US citizen, has been committing tax fraud?
  • Take that very odd leak about the Fiji earrings that MM had said were “borrowed” but in fact were gifted. I suspect the hidden issue isn’t who the giver was, but that MM did not report it to the US IRS, as she's required to do. Here's a link: https://thewolfgroup.com/blog/the-u-s-taxation-of-an-american-princess-meghan-markle/
  • AFAIK, non-profits are exempt from US federal taxes but they are banned from profit-making pursuits. JCMH and MM’s Netflix and Spotify deals are obvs for personal profit (they talked about these deals in the context of being cut-off financially). So I wonder if fishy stuff was going on, which made St-Laurent quit?
  • Then there’s the investigation into Travalyst/Sussex Royal—i.e., the Royal Foundation gave a grant to SR but SR eventually shut down. Implied questions then are, Where did the money go? If they pocketed, did they declare it as (taxable) personal income?
  • Finally, MMs penchant for brand freebies could also get her in tax trouble, as I've read that so-called influencers who get goods/services in exchange for promotion do have to at least report to the taxman what they've received. https://www.taxwarriors.com/blog/how-social-media-influencers-are-taxed-in-the-u.s
So, given the combined brains and skills on this forum, I just thought this would be fun to speculate on... ;-)
Great points, Ishmael, thanks and welcome! Im really perking up about this, esp with the news of H’s new position.
When I was still a US citizen (though married to a Brit and living in England), I had a little income for a while. MyUS tax advisor warned me to be very careful on my tax returns. Reason being that the US govt could try to attach my husband’s income as well. This is even though we’re retired.
So I’m very curious how H and M are going to be managing their tax affairs. Not just what you mention above but also gifts from PC, for example.
Any thoughts welcome, this is going to run and run...

• Wow
Reactions: 33
Radio 4 news has announced that the company Harry will be working for offers career guidance. You couldn't make this up!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Ah yeah. Theranos is the grandaddy of them all. A product that never existed and could never exist, a strange CEO who was under so much massive pressure from her upper-middle class 'OUR CHILDREN WILL SUCCEED, SUCCESSFULLY, SO WE CAN BOAST ABOUT HOW RICH THEY ARE' parents that she eventually decided to dress like a creepy female Steve Jobs and talk word salad as an 'entrepreneur' and venture capitalists sucked the whole thing down uncritically and gave her billions. An absolute tragedy of pretension and obsession with image.

Impact Officer ffs though. I bet he likes it because it sounds manly, IMPACT, like things go bang, wooo!
Should be impacted like full of crap

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Harry hasn’t given megs wat she wants.. she wanted titles, money, good pr & live in a common wealth country

Reactions: 7
Ah yeah. Theranos is the grandaddy of them all. A product that never existed and could never exist, a strange CEO who was under so much massive pressure from her upper-middle class 'OUR CHILDREN WILL SUCCEED, SUCCESSFULLY, SO WE CAN BOAST ABOUT HOW RICH THEY ARE' parents that she eventually decided to dress like a creepy female Steve Jobs and talk word salad as an 'entrepreneur' and venture capitalists sucked the whole thing down uncritically and gave her billions. An absolute tragedy of pretension and obsession with image.

Impact Officer ffs though. I bet he likes it because it sounds manly, IMPACT, like things go bang, wooo!
OMG, that imagery is fantastic! Like being back in the Army but politically correct :)

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Just a few bits from the article. He has the gall to talk about financial difficulty when he's been weeping over millions. And he sat there and said he did nothing for his wife's mental health but wants to advocate for asking for help when needed?
And as for being synonymous for mental fitness and investing in hi self where on earth does this robichaux get his information from. The man's a walking disaster and a figurehead only. Again because he is prince harry and nothing more.

Often because of societal barriers, financial difficulty, or stigma, too many people aren’t able to focus on their mental health until they’re forced to. I want us to move away from the idea that you have to feel broken before reaching out for help

He’s synonymous with this approach of mental fitness and really investing in yourself,” Robichaux said. “It was not a hard internal sale
If the RF took the lot off him it would prevent him being exploited by these sharks. They need to do it.

Reactions: 18
On thinking about Harry’s new job title, Chief Impact Officer, it sounds like he’s a crash test dummy.

Where I used to work before they kept introducing these courses everyone had to do involving Diversity and Team Bonding etc. You could tell you were important as there were mint imperials on the table. The sessions were total hogwash.
I always trousered all the mint imperials out of the bowls before everyone went in for a ' conference' at my place 😎😎😎😎

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Ooh the memories are flooding back.

At Junior school we had a draw with spare knickers in case of accidents. I got to wear a pair that were miles too big.

Anybody remember this or has the medication impaired my marbles?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I tell you something else about meghraine..........

....." All this press & paparazzi attention. No privacy......." moan moan.....

Her eyes always seem to " find" the photographer, dont they......

Know what I mean? ....

😶😐😒

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.