Harry & Meghan #8 Ginge & Cringe: The Great British Break Off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a blind item ages ago that said something about what super famous couple have been house hunting in Malibu? (But written in a blind item way). A lot of the guesses were Harry and Meghan.

I thought, she’s a schemer but getting him out of England, good luck! Even a holiday home is going to be a major stretch (especially because those Malibu mansions are right on the beach, technically anyone can just look up, security nightmare!)

Ha! How wrong I was.

Reactions: 9
My brother thinks this is all hilarious and says the royals let this all happen because although they know it will end in(Harry's) tears. They also know he is a runaway train so felt it best he gets this out of his system and perhaps the ensuing messy break up will knock some sense into him and he'll come home chastened. Like pulling off a plaster swiftly rather than prolonging the agony bit by painful bit. It could explain the royal stance of going along with things I suppose.

Me, I think the Clooneys, Obamas, Oprah etc are hedging their bets. From the initial 100% support they've all been rather quiet. They see that that Ginge is just a 'sort of' royal now, and Cringe is not even that (by blood). Queenie barring them the use of HRH was a great move, well done maam you took away the Holy Grail that Cringe coveted😜. There will be many red carpet events and celebrations that real royals will be invited to. It would be very embarrassing to shake hands and smile inanely at a royal (especially if it's William or Kate ) who you've sort of been critical of in your rush to ingratiate yourself with the Harkles. The celebs will do it, but they'll look like the hypocritical dicks they mostly are.
Also I'd bet my last pay cheque that to a man/woman they were secretly dreading potentially having to curtsey to the c list actress who got thoroughly noisily banged in the storage room on Suits.

A lighting director in his era wasn't expected to know media protocol and I doubt he's bothered upgrading that lack of knowledge. He did his job behind the scenes and went home.
But yes, her whole family is weird, though Dorito is way more weird than Thomas himself (going by her dubious history) and she gets a free pass.
Heavens we can't call Dorito out on her past, we will be called racist 👀

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Harry was set on quickly marrying a 37 year old american divorcée actress. I hardly think meeting her parents mattered much to the Royals at that point. He's probably a huge entitled headache as it is so they just gave in and hoped for the best.
The problem with him is he’s holding the “mental health” card over their heads. It just seems like life’s everyday stresses now induce mental health problems in the woke amongst us🙄 I’m as sick of it as the racist card. If they don’t go along with him he’s probs threatened suicide like all narcissists do to gain the upper hand. Anyone who goes along with “what Meghan wants Meghan gets“ says it all right there for me. He’s an upper class twit! He’d cause the biggest stink if things didn’t go his way. I know the way Diana died was awful but guess what, everybody’s parents die, get the duck over it. This may sound harsh but I lost both mine in my teens and I feel it made me a stronger, more capable person. I’ve never used it as the mental health card to excuse bad behaviour. He needs to own his behaviour!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The problem with him is he’s holding the “mental health” card over their heads. It just seems like life’s everyday stresses now induce mental health problems in the woke amongst us🙄 I’m as sick of it as the racist card. If they don’t go along with him he’s probs threatened suicide like all narcissists do to gain the upper hand. Anyone who goes along with “what Meghan wants Meghan gets“ says it all right there for me. He’s an upper class twit! He’d cause the biggest stink if things didn’t go his way. I know the way Diana died was awful but guess what, everybody’s parents die, get the duck over it. This may sound harsh but I lost both mine in my teens and I feel it made me a stronger, more capable person. I’ve never used it as the mental health card to excuse bad behaviour. He needs to own his behaviour!
It isn't harsh, it's true. Some people's parents die in more horrific circumstances too.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

The clip - unearthed from a promotional appearance Meghan did for her TV series Suits - shows the Duchess confessing to lying to casting directors about being in an actors’ union.
She said: ‘I told them I was union. Of course I’m union, yeah, absolutely. And then I wasn’t. I was such a fraud!’

• Sick

The clip - unearthed from a promotional appearance Meghan did for her TV series Suits - shows the Duchess confessing to lying to casting directors about being in an actors’ union.
She said: ‘I told them I was union. Of course I’m union, yeah, absolutely. And then I wasn’t. I was such a fraud!’
Seen that, she is definitely a fraud

Feel so much for Harry and really hope he doesn't distance himself too much from wills and Kate etc. They seemed to have a great bond! I haven't seen him look really happy since he got with Megan, just annoyed, angry, pensive, stressed. Poor guy and now he has a kid with her so even if they divorced he will always be played by her. She seems so manipulative and everything is staged and fake.
It’s all very well going down the poor Harry route but there is no excuse for his conduct. He was born into the royal family and has been brought up and educated in the ways and protocols demanded by it. He is not a child but a prince who has a duty to his Grandmother, Father and brother. His mother was treated very badly but to be fair - her judgement was impaired at times. However the tragedy of her short life was a dreadful indictment on her young sons. His choice of bride appears to have been a huge error of judgement on his and his families part. There is now an innocent child in the midst of this debauchery. It would be best all round if they divorced pronto and the boy raised by nannies, his royal relatives and boarding schools.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
it's Meg(a) ;) embarrassing that she's resorting to Reallity TV, so obviously her bezzi mate Jessica's idea 🤢

and on the topic of embarrassing, Megz' 'secret visits' to people are blatant PR stunts as they're clearly not secret as she's always trumpeting them to everyone by leaking it in the press sooner or later. Although it's off-topic and that guy (Kobe Bryant) just died recently, she'd do well to follow his example of what a 'secret charity/ visit' and how he did it without press fanfare:

That Kobe story just made me cry, thanks for sharing. This is how to use your platform correctly. It's the greatest gift he could give that kid and his mother. :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s all very well going down the poor Harry route but there is no excuse for his conduct. He was born into the royal family and has been brought up and educated in the ways and protocols demanded by it. He is not a child but a prince who has a duty to his Grandmother, Father and brother. His mother was treated very badly but to be fair - her judgement was impaired at times. However the tragedy of her short life was a dreadful indictment on her young sons. His choice of bride appears to have been a huge error of judgement on his and his families part. There is now an innocent child in the midst of this debauchery. It would be best all round if they divorced pronto and the boy raised by nannies, his royal relatives and boarding schools.
He really is a spoilt rich kid. He probably has no idea on how to live like a normal person. He wouldn’t even know you need to pay utility bills or rent because all bills have magically been paid for. Be so funny if he was sitting in his mansion and the lights/electricity went out because the bill wasn’t paid... haha

That Kobe story just made me cry, thanks for sharing. This is how to use your platform correctly. It's the greatest gift he could give that kid and his mother. :love:
He was a truly grateful and selfless person who expected nothing from anyone. Not like Meghan who believes if she does a nice thing people should kiss the ground her bunion feet walk on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Exactly the whole thing is odd and like people have said how did the Royals let it get to this. The thing is you don't know what happens behind closed doors maybe the royals and advisors asked Meghan to contact her father but she refused. I mean we all know she plays by her own rules and ignores advice.

He's just talking and doing interviews now because he feels its the only way to let Meghan hear what he has to say, only problem is he's making it worse and that 'its time t look after daddy' comment I mean can you get any lower fgs.
Well we know Meghan refused protocol training for herself, at least to some extent, she certainly wasn’t going to allow her father any support.

Reactions: 17
Long-time lurker, first time poster. I came over here after seeing the debate over influencers shut down on Mumsnet. (Thank you Tattle for offering a space that made me realise I wasn't the only one questioning their ethics and manipulative ways). I just realised that Princess Diana died aged 36 and Harry is now 35. We tend to be very vulnerable when we reach the age our parents were when they died, especially if it was an early death. My father died suddenly aged 41 when I was 10 years old. I, too, thought I was going to pop off in the lead-up to 41. Anyhow I'm still here 15 years on and thriving! Losing a parent as a child does have a profound effect - I think it sowed the seeds of depression for me and major life events such as becoming a parent can reawaken that vulnerability. As a previous poster said losing a parent young was also the making of me - it made me the strong, capable person that I am today. And I had none of the privileges of the Royals and Markles. It does seem obvious that Harry has mental health issues and he's not the brightest tool in the box. Meghan has been able to exploit this to make him dependent on her. And isolate him. Shades of narcissism and coercive control.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Long-time lurker, first time poster. I came over here after seeing the debate over influencers shut down on Mumsnet. (Thank you Tattle for offering a space that made me realise I wasn't the only one questioning their ethics and manipulative ways). I just realised that Princess Diana died aged 36 and Harry is now 35. We tend to be very vulnerable when we reach the age our parents were when they died, especially if it was an early death. My father died suddenly aged 41 when I was 10 years old. I, too, thought I was going to pop off in the lead-up to 41. Anyhow I'm still here 15 years on and thriving! Losing a parent as a child does have a profound effect - I think it sowed the seeds of depression for me and major life events such as becoming a parent can reawaken that vulnerability. As a previous poster said losing a parent young was also the making of me - it made me the strong, capable person that I am today. And I had none of the privileges of the Royals and Markles. It does seem obvious that Harry has mental health issues and he's not the brightest tool in the box. Meghan has been able to exploit this to make him dependent on her. And isolate him. Shades of narcissism and coercive control.
Welcome to the gang. I'm sorry to hear about your loss but I'm glad you found the strength.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Welcome to the dark side 😂 They’ve shut down discussion on influencers on Mumsnet? I’d be furious. It’s a group of people I have most problems with. They are a group of untrained, uneducated people getting paid for their opinions. The world has gone mad. Anyhow, I digress.

I agree, losing my parents when I was young did leave me with those milestone moments. I’ve outlived them both and I agree, becoming a parent brings on a whole new set of fears as a result. However, it’s something over the years I CHOOSE not to focus on as it can become really self-indulgent and self-defeating. My mantra is “that which does not kill you makes you stronger”. You sound the same.

He clearly hasn’t done that and she sees that as his Achilles heel and has exploited it. I don’t know how all this is going to end but I see no happy ending here in my crystal ball.

• Heart
The queen should write to Harry and Meghan and state that reality TV shows are not protocol if you want to be associated of the royal family even a tiny bit you need to stay out of it. Megan's realised her shelf life as a lister actress has well passed so she's looking for any bit part work to get noticed. The voice ove gigs must not be going her way.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.