Harry & Meghan #5 Duke and Duchess of Hazard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Diana was killed in an accident although id suggest the fact that her car was being pursued contributed to it.

I’m very sorry to hear you lost a parent & I didn’t mean to appear cold about commenting about Harry losing Diana.
I completely agree the media contributed to her death, but so did her not wearing a seatbelt and the driver being drunk.

I didn't interpret it as being cold, please don't worry. Harry losing Diana at 12 years old is a fact - a sad one at that.

Reactions: 9
@AllThePearlsInTheOcean and @Missw - Did the media actually kill Diana? No. Here are some facts for you:
1. The media were following her car.
2. The driver of Diana's car was extremely drunk. He crashed the car. His judgement would have been impacted by the alcohol.
3. Diana was not wearing a seatbelt.
4. Diana courted the media for years - it's well documented she had direct numbers and regular contact of the press to "tip off" where she was.
5. The media took photos of her as she lay dying. This is a disgusting thing to do and in my opinion, these people are scum.
6. I speak from personal experience that losing a much loved parent as a child has a profound impact on your entire life. This has no doubt impacted both William and Harry as they have both spoken about. William is extremely protective over Kate and their children, and Harry has been protective over Meghan and Archie too.
That death was dodgy. Has anyone seen Keith Allen’s documentary on it? I think it’s banned in the U.K. but is on YouTube. It’s called “unlawful killing” I think (this was the inquest verdict and few people realise it - they think the verdict was an accident and it wasn’t). Maybe Harry thinks the official narrative about it isn’t the full story? Her fatal injury was apparently a real fluke injury and she could have survived it had it been treated in time.

I don’t think it’s fair they blame the media when megs PR company have been drip feeding the media for months. They court the media attention. But if they want to live abroad , quit royal life then go ahead but the whole way they have conducted this is just rude and embarrassing.

Reactions: 13
That death was dodgy. Has anyone seen Keith Allen’s documentary on it? I think it’s banned in the U.K. but is on YouTube. It’s called “unlawful killing” I think (this was the inquest verdict and few people realise it - they think the verdict was an accident and it wasn’t). Maybe Harry thinks the official narrative about it isn’t the full story? Her fatal injury was apparently a real fluke injury and she could have survived it had it been treated in time.
I haven't seen that, but I have heard (although don't know the full extent to its truth) that she could have been saved from the heart attack had she been treated quicker, which I think is true of most heart attacks. I think the ambulance took a little longer to get to her than it should have too?

It's a terrible tragedy for all her beloved family and the fact it's still so relevant nearly 23 years on speaks volumes.

Reactions: 7
I was saying to my own mother just yesterday what a fantastic family the Middleton's actually are. They must have been an absolute godsend to William. They are solid as a rock, grounded, classy, discreet, respectful, tight-nit, friendly, zero public backbiting, independently successful, wouldn't dream of airing their laundry in public. Even if the worst happened, the super classy Middleton's would never utter a word to anyone about what was happening or their thoughts about it. William and the RF struck gold with them.
Absolutely spot on. William also spent a long number of years getting to know, not just his wife, but her whole family and what the impact could be on all of them in the event of marriage. Harry, on the other hand, just took Meghan at face value when she obviously told him how awful her family were and that she needed a new family. He's met no one except her mum and cannot draw any objective opinions or conclusions as to what Meghans wider family are actually like. The difference in outcomes is staggering. Thank goodness William was born first.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I asked someone I know who is into conspiracy theories why anyone would kill Diana, or I suppose while the royal family would. Their reply was that the couldn’t have her give birth to a Muslim child.

I don’t know anything about the politics at the time, but that seems insane to me.

Reactions: 2
Absolutely spot on. William also spent a long number of years getting to know, not just his wife, but her whole family and what the impact could be on all of them in the event of marriage. Harry, on the other hand, just took Meghan at face value when she obviously told him how awful her family were and that she needed a new family. He's met no one except her mum and cannot draw any objective opinions or conclusions as to what Meghans wider family are actually like. The difference in outcomes is staggering. Thank goodness William was born first.
Yes - I recall Carole and Michael standing outside their home when the announcement was made and one of them commented they're extremely fond of him and have been able to get to know him very well. I think that's paying dividends now and the fact they were able to have such a private relationship for a while has really helped solidify them. They're a real asset to the royals.

Before I get told off for going off topic - Harry and Meghan had a short courtship - which in fairness many royal relationships are - and they had to act quickly if they were to have children given Meghan's age (not Meghan bashing, just stating biological facts!) and they couldn't do that out of wedlock. Harry has often spoken about being a dad, and I think he'll be a wonderful father to Archie.

Last edited:
If human beings can unite over a common enemy, it can drive and motivate then to do extreme things and close ranks. It seems that Meghan and Harry have decided that the royals (and everybody) is against them, and being united in this is what’s binding them together. It’s really toxic. Toxic but also powerful.

Reactions: 10
This meeting tomorrow that Meghan is conference calling into... What's the betting she's only done it this way so it can be recorded and potentially leaked? Particularly if it's going to make the Senior Royals look bad....

I get the feeling that's the only reason she's gone back to Canada. I know Archie is there but realistically they could have just brought him to Windsor with them as a family.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It says in the Daily Tail the Queen is concerned for Harry's fragile state of mind. Arn't we all.

Reactions: 6
TBH I don't have an issue with them living where they want or working as actors or soldiers or whatever.
What I do have an issue with is them merching the hell out of being royal and the SussexRoyal trademark, and having a money making foundation for charity that they can hide behind.
Also, what the hell with Meghan popping back for a few days after the 6 week break, leaving the kid behind, then scuttling back to Canada....is that adult behaviour? Really?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Al this women supporting women shite, she wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire, unless of course there was a camera on her

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Re: the Journalists on the Royal Rota.
I think the press has generally learnt the lessons of the Diana years and Phone tapping scandals. Most of their coverage of the day to day activities of the royal family is rote, and often boring - Anne opened a hospice, Sophie went to a county fair, Princess Alexandra visited a children’s nursery, Edward had a meeting, Kate hugged some children while wearing a Breton top and William got to fly a helicopter, The Queen cut a cake with the local WI, Charles and Camilla opened a new square in Poundbury, Prince Phillip crashed a car (not so boring ha!)...

Their job is to report on the Crown/BRF to the British Public.

They’re not ‘gossip’ reporters. Meghan, Harry, and many of their fans might like to brand the Royal reporters as that and thus imply that they publish lies and bully them. But as this article points out, all the recent stories on Meghan and Harry have been true.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It says in the Daily Tail the Queen is concerned for Harry's fragile state of mind. Arn't we all.
I think they’re all aware he has inherited his mother’s fragile state of mind.

As for the conspiracy theories..does anyone seriously believe the firm would have had William and Harry’s mother murdered? 🙄

Reactions: 6
I asked someone I know who is into conspiracy theories why anyone would kill Diana, or I suppose while the royal family would. Their reply was that the couldn’t have her give birth to a Muslim child.

I don’t know anything about the politics at the time, but that seems insane to me.
Well she was dating Dodi Fayed at the time and things weren't as progressive back in '97. Although I think the likelihood that Diana aged 36 would have gotten pregnant by Dodi a bit of a stretch. But then again that's usually the basis of any conspiracy theory 🤣

Reactions: 3
I keep seeing people saying Meggy has been bullied, which is what her and Hazza have been putting out, I think we need to be extremely worried about their mental health because they don't have any idea what being bullied really means

Reactions: 7
Well she was dating Dodi Fayed at the time and things weren't as progressive back in '97. Although I think the likelihood that Diana aged 36 would have gotten pregnant by Dodi a bit of a stretch. But then again that's usually the basis of any conspiracy theory 🤣
Dodi’s father tried to spin it she was pregnant when she died and they were engaged but her best friend said she had stayed with her a week before the holiday with Dodi and that she was on her period! Also said Dodi was just a bit of fun and the real love of her life was the Dr (can’t remember name) but he had ended their relationship.

Reactions: 8
Do you think they faked the 6 week break just to get Archie out of the country before the announcement? Could the royal family have stopped him being taken out of the country if they knew?

Reactions: 8
Re: the Journalists on the Royal Rota.
I think the press has generally learnt the lessons of the Diana years and Phone tapping scandals. Most of their coverage of the day to day activities of the royal family is rote, and often boring - Anne opened a hospice, Sophie went to a county fair, Princess Alexandra visited a children’s nursery, Edward had a meeting, Kate hugged some children while wearing a Breton top and William got to fly a helicopter, The Queen cut a cake with the local WI, Charles and Camilla opened a new square in Poundbury, Prince Phillip crashed a car (not so boring ha!)...

Their job is to report on the Crown/BRF to the British Public.

They’re not ‘gossip’ reporters. Meghan, Harry, and many of their fans might like to brand the Royal reporters as that and thus imply that they publish lies and bully them. But as this article points out, all the recent stories on Meghan and Harry have been true.
Given her "no photos" demands at Wimbledon this sounds like someone wants to be able to control all the press around her because she hasnt been portrayed in the positive light that she expects. Rather than work on changing her behaviour shes having a diva strop and Harry is just enabling this.

Reactions: 13
Do you think they faked the 6 week break just to get Archie out of the country before the announcement? Could the royal family have stopped him being taken out of the country if they knew?
I don't think it matters, Canada is a commonwealth country and the Queen has custody of all royal children. ETA - I think it just gave them an excuse to go back

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.