Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mindlessness

VIP Member
why is it different when she does it to when Kate Middleton does charity work?
Kate didn't fly to London for three days just to visit the Canadian High Commission and then hightail it back to Canada to leave her husband to deal with the fallout of their decision.
Kate hasn't run away from the job she got when she married a member of the royal family.
Kate hasn't decided 18 or so months in that she'd like to monetise her membership of the royal family.
Kate didn't stand in the middle of Africa saying how hard her life was, and that no-one asks her if she's okay.

Just a few reasons...

When Kate is at an event it is clear she is representing the Queen and the Crown. Meghan visiting a Vancouver women's shelter (after the last week of bad press) is clear PR for her sole benefit.

• Heart
Reactions: 73

Carmen 6

VIP Member
The pro Meghan woman on GMB just said that Piers should 'walk a mile in Meghan's shoes....'
My granny always said you should should walk a mile in the shoes of someone you didn't like....then at least you'd be a mile away from them, and you'd have their shoes.

• Haha
Reactions: 54

WhatwouldPrinnyDo

Chatty Member
Megan up bright and early and dials into the conference call:

(Hears recording): We are sorry, your passcode is incorrect for the meeting you are trying to join, please try again.

Slams Phone. Kicks dog. Sacks lawyer. Trashes recording kit.

• Haha
Reactions: 48

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
he might be the hot prince
Did you just call Harry hot 😐😆

Does anyone think Meghan would have looked twice at him if it wasn’t for his name.
he wouldn’t have had half the girls he’s been connected to without that.
well maybe Caroline flack but she’s anyone’s

• Haha
Reactions: 47

HaloGirl

VIP Member
I am so so tired of the racist tag being bandied about. My parents came to England over fifty years ago - were spat at, couldn’t find a place to live, would go to look at property only to find it wasn’t available as the landlord would realise their skin colour wasn’t quite right.:mad:
I was called names in the eighties. However, things have changed so much. We live in an amazing multi cultural country. England is compassionate compared to a number of countries worldwide.
Meghan had an opportunity to do so much good in her position. She’s an opportunist, duplicitous and self serving. Criticising her isn’t being racist! Take that Mumsnet!

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

lilblinder

When you strip it all back just on a human level I don't understand why less than two years after getting married and with a new 8mth old baby any of this drama is even on her radar, why could she not just enjoy life with her new husband her newly renovated home and most importantly focus on enjoying the first year of her son's life
For a so called relatable woman I just don't get why she can't think my man loves and backs me my baby's healthy I'll do charitable work as and when I'm lucky lady I'm settled and blessed.....her mindset is so out of tune with women its unreal .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45

Doc

VIP Member
The biggest problem around Meghan has been culture, not race.

I don’t think it needs explaining that the monarchy have rules and codes of conduct that go back centuries, they’re steeped in tradition and duty.

Meghan is an American TV actress, shes hardly from a world that easily or naturally gels with the stiffness of the monarchy. And all the preaching and hustling and wanting the kudos of being a Duchess without the dutiful work behind it has pissed the press off that in turn has swayed public opinion.

the press are misogynistic to incoming female royals, not racist. Meghan is seen as an outsider. As was Diana The Slag, Fergie the Duchessof Pork and Waitey Katie.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
"Perfect white Kate". You've got a very short memory. She was absolutely vilified by the press, as was Camilla, Diana and all of Charles' previous girlfriends. But unlike MeAGAIN she didn't run away, she rode it out.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

zcfthc5

Chatty Member
I just don't get how someone who studied International Relations with Drama, claims that she didn't realise what an international relationship with drama would be like...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

2xblended

VIP Member
Genuine question here from someone with little interest in the royals... why does this topic get you guys so heated? Like why do you care?
When I see people waiting for up to 9 hours for medical care in A&E, with the poor nurses running around trying their best to manage the insane, never-ending stream of patients coming in, and doctors rushing people through their consultations due to the sheer number of other patients they have to get to sat in the waiting rooms;
or
When I walk around various cities and see that the number of homeless people has just about tripled in the past decade, many of whom are educated and unable to find employment in our current economic climate;
or
When I see firsthand the dire state of most council estates and the sheer lack of affordable housing in most of our cities;
or
When I witness friends, family, neighbours and strangers all struggling to make ends meet, living week to week, hand to mouth, ageing in double time due to the financial stress of whether or not they'll be able to top up their utility card for the meter, or whether they will be able to afford a meager birthday present for their kids.

Well then, I get angry.

Because here's a kick in the teeth while you're down:
We're royal, we have every possible privilege one can have in this life, and we're taking your money on the sole understanding that we will use it to serve you, the people, and we will promote important causes to better the quality of life, on behalf of you, the people.
But, wait, no, these rules are boring, these visits are hard work, this lifestyle isn't as glamourous as I thought, the press don't post flattering pictures of me, my outfits aren't selling out fast enough. I quit! Screw you lot, I'm off to lounge in my mansion on the other side of the world where I'll be adored.
But I'll keep the title and the money and the access to the 1%, kthanxbai!

That's problematic. I don't care how much/ how little it cost taxpayers last year. I can assure you, every pound would have been put to good use in the NHS or the Met, or the local Councils . Real people who don't have a cushion to fall back on would have had less crime, more housing options (or more shelters and food banks), and better medical care had that money gone back into the society that the monarchy is meant to be serving.
And the crazy dissonance between how much progress they were making (such as bringing awareness to mental health issues) vs. now with royal patronages fearing they'll be left unsupported- that's blatantly disrespectful. It's unethical. It shouldn't be tolerated.

I couldn't care less about where H&M go, I don't even care if the people get a rebate on the funds spent on their wedding. I would rather hear that the money will be reinvested back into the NHS, Met Police and council housing. But since that has yet to happen and we're forced to endure their woe-is-me pitty parade in the meantime, we are entitled to vent our frustration because it is utterly ludicrous.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Cloak

VIP Member
LOL I know it's the Daily Mail etc but I am so here for their blatant Kate adoration to make Megs look even worse :ROFLMAO:
Screenshot 2020-01-15 15.40.26.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41

abitfairytale

I just wish we could hear Prince Phillips views on the whole debacle.... Proper wish he was able to live-tweet Monday's meeting with them all 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 39

WhatwouldPrinnyDo

Chatty Member
For example, Megan is very woke about helping sex workers, demonstrated by her writing messages of support on bananas.

Harry is very woke about climate change, demonstrated by him using multiple private jets to cover 000s of miles in a few short weeks burning up gazillions of gallons of fuel and pumping it into the environment.

😉

• Haha
Reactions: 38

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
Has anyone had the misfortune to read any of the Mexit threads on Mumsnet? Every single one shouts "Racist" if anyone dares to say anything remotely negative about MeAGAIN. It's so tedious. Yet again Tattle keeps it real. She's an arse. No-one cares what colour she is. She's still an arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I think re the William vs Harry trauma angle...that (my hunch - dont shoot me 😂) William might have been a bit more insulated by the Middleton family from a young age. Harry hasn’t really had strong female (mother) figures it would seem. I definitely think he’s a douchebag, and arrogant and overrated by the press, but I think he’s clearly had dormant trauma that’s kind of resurfaced. Also adulting is one thing (and bloody hard) but being a senior royal I don’t think should be compulsory for anyone.
I was saying to my own mother just yesterday what a fantastic family the Middleton's actually are. They must have been an absolute godsend to William. They are solid as a rock, grounded, classy, discreet, respectful, tight-nit, friendly, zero public backbiting, independently successful, wouldn't dream of airing their laundry in public. Even if the worst happened, the super classy Middleton's would never utter a word to anyone about what was happening or their thoughts about it. William and the RF struck gold with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 37