Harry & Meghan #437 When life gives you lemons, make overpriced strawberry jam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've seen a few people call out using a knife to get jam out of the jar. I was always brought up to take it out of the jar with a knife then spread it on whatever it is. Everyone I know has always done the same. Is there an actual reason why it's wrong to use a knife? I'm genuinely curious now.
Good question!
Back in the olden days...(and still in houses and top hotels that place much value on impeccable tables and table manners as well as at formal dinners) no one would put proprietory/labelled jars or containers on the table. Everything would be decanted into an appropriate dish with its own spoon, or knife in the case of butter. It's also safer to use a spoon - things either tend to slide or drip off knives or it's awkward to get sticky stuff off them. (The reason for butter presented in curls!)

So you'd serve yourself from the dish and put an appropriately sized spoonful of jam, honey, cream, mustard, relish, butter, mint sauce, mayonnaise, salt etc. on the side of your plate . You'd never use your the cutlery at your table placing. It makes sense because whatever was in the dish didn't get contaminated by whatever you'd had your knife, fork or spoon in, which is good manners and consideration for others at table.
It's also more elegant.
(Plus my mother would have forty fits if you put anything with a label on the table or used your cutlery wrongly! So you just don't! )

Obviously, nowadays we each do as we please when we're alone in the privacy of our own homes. But still, isn't it sort of yukky to open a jam jar and find you left crumbs or a smear of butter in it from the last time...?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
We keep saying this - however Edward was far more important because he was King and gave up everything. Harry was never more important than 3rd in line so not even the spare.
And Wallis did have some class. She also never wanted to marry him, she didn't have aspersions to be queen. She just wanted to be his mistress. She genuinely loved him and not his position to elevate herself, unlike Smeg.

Reactions: 37
This comment from the Sidley Twins latest YouTube video is spot on:
So Meghan was recently on a panel for parents of youngsters that unaligned themselves because of online bullying yet partners up with someone who is guilty of doing just that. More hypocrisy from the narc.

• Sick
Reactions: 38
She did, Louise’s birth was an emergency and she was blue lighted there from Bagshot Park. Fun fact. I had all my babies at Frimley Park 😀
My son was also born there. Wonder if instead of cleaning the floors they are still swirling the same dirt into new patterns?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Yet again like most of the other people who have shared an image of the jam the same bowl has been used with the same dead flowers inside and possibly the same lemons in the bowl as it is noticeable that the lemons are starting to go spoiled hence the brown spots and discoloration.
So were they all sent on the same day as the foliage looks identical

Reactions: 21
I;ve been over and left my comment!!
Every time I comment on a Smeg story on Facebook and someone replies in support I wonder if it’s one of you 😁 You don’t even have to wonder about the sugar bots they’re all morons 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
We keep saying this - however Edward was far more important because he was King and gave up everything. Harry was never more important than 3rd in line so not even the spare.
How dare you insinuate that Harold is not the most important royal in the world ever. Don't you know his mummy died and he had to walk behind her coffin?

Honestly, some people... :rolleyes:;)🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
In the weird world MM and Harry live in I don't think they recognise when they bully people. In their world, their frustration with what they view as incompetence, and expectation that everyone should do as they say, is completely understandable. If only everyone would follow their orders fully everything would be fine.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
So back from the Dr's got antibiotics for the scratches and some ointment . Also was told that I have had an Allergic reaction to Inky Dr said sadly it can happen out of the blue to anyone also I am more at risk because of My IBS :eek: something to do with the Immune system being weaker . I have been in tears on the phone to My MuM So sadly Inky has to be re homed .

I asked the Dr if it would be okay to get another pet bird He said proberbly not because of the feather dust will trigger the allergy again So I am absolutly heartbroken right now

I also have to let My neighbour know because He went out of his way to get me Inky 😭😭😭

I'm so sorry! That's such heartbreaking news 🤗 Allergies are just so annoyingly unfortunate 😤 as if we don't have enough problems without reacting badly to stuff that Nature itself made.

Didn't realise even pet birds could cause reactions!

How about hypoallergenic breeds? We chose said yes to the Pup partially because his breed is supposed to cause fewer reactions so thought he might be better for me, which he is. Unfortunately though he's a bit allergic to me (even though I deforest myself regularly and don't even wear perfume or scented deo or heavily-scented lotion at home) 🤦

I'm just so very sorry you're having to deal with this 🤗❤ it is really unfair.

To keep this vaguely on topic, I think I'm allergic to the Harkles' voices. Grating, itchy sounds.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I suppose the fact that this jam appears to be watery slop proves she didn’t just buy a catering pack of jam from Costco but ordered someone (Pablo/Harry?) to make it. That was a good idea wasn’t it? 😁😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I agree, that the report was so bad re bullying that's why it was hidden

Just to repeat the bleedin obvious: Smeg doesn't have a 'popularity problem', she has the most monumental of all personality problems.

So, what would improve her popularity in the UK?
I really can't think of anything.
She's completely blown it.

I even considered things like what if she were to walk naked around the Royal Palaces, churches and Parliament streets of London every Sunday for the next 10 years, flagellating herself in penance for all the utterly vile, cruel, mendacious things she's said and done to the people of the UK and the BRF.... 😂 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not even that did it for me.
She has thoroughly Markled herself.

Smeg, you really need to get this.
You really are finished here.

Anyone got anything else that might restore her to our good graces...?

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
She really means business with this jam............................

jam at dragons den 001.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
She really means business with this jam............................

View attachment 2896789
Maybe if she re-branded and gave it a French name *sweet nod to Bonne Maman jam* :unsure: How about:

Confiture de Salope

It's been a fair few years since I did O-level French but I'm preeeeetty sure that means sloppy jam.

Doesn't it?

*checks Google translate*

Oh

Confiture de Salope it is then 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.