Harry & Meghan #437 When life gives you lemons, make overpriced strawberry jam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The birthday portrait is a "tradition" that William and Catherine started right?

Did Diana and Charles provide pictures of William and Harry on their birthdays? Or did they just do spontaneous family photoshoots whenever they felt like it?

1713949563100.png

I feel like this is a tradition, that they can stop even if the fans want to see pictures of the children growing up. We see the children at the Commonwealth service, Easter service, Trooping, and Christmas walkabout. And then any other special events.

That is enough, in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I didn’t know Charles had given them money to buy a house. I thought it was said he gave them 2+ million for security to tide them over for the first year away and while they decided whether to leave permanently or return. Why would he give them money for a house if they could have come back and, when you think about it, why would they actually buy a house if there was a chance they might return? Surely the way to go would be to rent until a definite decision had been made as I think they were hoping that they could still get a ‘half in half out’ agreement.

Everything adds up to them renting the Monteshitshow mansion, or even somewhere else and just using that for filming. It’s notable that nothing they actually film these days is done there so perhaps it has been sold by it’s actual owners and they grift filming locations from whoever will let them use their property.
I can’t proclaim to know anything about how mortgages work in the US but they claim in Waaagh that they found the house, took out a mortgage and that was that. If I remember rightly they were both ‘unemployed’ at that time if their claims are to be believed; and I find it unusual that an aging actor and a man who’s title is disregarded in the US were able to secure finance.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
TBF I wouldnt try and stop a terrified galloping horse if I was on the ground... different if it had come to a halt and I could get hold of the reins

• Heart
Reactions: 39
TBF I wouldnt try and stop a terrified galloping horse if I was on the ground... different if it had come to a halt and I could get hold of the reins
Absolutely! I have always had horses (several decades now!) and I ride to the same code/standards as all other riders - theoretically we should all be able to intervene and help as the majority use the same vocal command sets but this situation is scary and I’d probably follow on foot until the horses came to their own stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Absolutely! I have always had horses (several decades now!) and I ride to the same code/standards as all other riders - theoretically we should all be able to intervene and help as the majority use the same vocal command sets but this situation is scary and I’d probably follow on foot until the horses came to their own stop.
I wonder how they even became so startled and got loose in the first place?

Mind, I have seen some YouTube videos of the way tourists behave towards the horses and their riders, and TBH it is often bliddy appalling.

I think they should train the horses to bite people so that they don't come too near. (I always like it when a guardsman shouts, at full volume "GET AWAY FROM THE HORSE".

It warms my cockles.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Is that it then? Jam, polo, filming & new victims to bully employees?

Have Harold & Rachel thrown everything they've got?

We'd better conserve (45 out of 50 jars) our energy for the next big royal event 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Remember this…’my Mother was chased to her death when she was in a relationship with someone who,wasn’t white.”

“Should have called out the racism sooner”

Or this…but H never said the UK was racist. If only he could be King…he’d straighten you Brits out.

“When Winfrey asked, "Did you leave the country because of racism?"

Harry said, "It was a large part of it."

MORE FROM HARPER'S BAZAAR
The Scream Queens of Horror

Play Video
The Duke of Sussex recalled a moment at a fundraiser dinner for Sentebale, the charity he founded to support youth affected by HIV in Lesotho and Botswana, where a friend pointed out just how bigoted the U.K. can be.

"I remember the Sentebale fundraiser," Harry said. "One of the people at that dinner said to me, 'Please, please don't do this with the media. They will destroy your life.' This person is friends with a lot of the editors and I said, 'What do you mean by that?' Obviously I knew. They said, 'You don't understand, the U.K. is very bigoted.' And I stopped, and I said the U.K.'s not bigoted, the U.K. press is bigoted, specifically the tabloids. Is that what you mean?' He goes, "No, the U.K. is bigoted.' And I said I completely disagree.

"But unfortunately, if the source of information is inherently corrupt or racist or biased, then that filters out to the rest of society."

Harry has previously talked about how he didn't understand unconscious bias until he met Meghan. He discussed this again in the Oprah interview. "Sad as it is to say it, it takes living in her shoes, in this instance, for a day or those first eight days to see where it was gonna go and how far they were gonna take it," he explained. "And get away with it and be so blatant about it. That's the bit that shocked me."

During Sunday night's interview, the Duchess of Sussex detailed some experiences of racism as a woman of color in the royal family. In one bombshell reveal, she said that when she was pregnant with her first child Archie, there were "concerns and conversations" in the palace about "how dark his skin might be when he's born."

Both she and Harry kept specific details about these conversations, plus who said that racist comment, under wraps.

The couple discussed, however, how the nonstop media scrutiny of Meghan entailed racist reports from tabloids. "From the beginning of our relationship, they were so attacking and inciting so much racism really," the duchess said at one point.

"What I was seeing was history repeating itself," Harry said, referring to the press's obsession with his mother, Princess Diana. But he said the fixation with Meghan was "definitely far more dangerous because then you add race in."
He is such a little witch.
Don't judge the rest of us on your standards, you might be an awful person but that doesn't mean all of the population of the UK are too.

I truly despise this hideous little tit.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
What spooked those horses?
Where did the blood come from on that white one?

These horses are well used to the city. They do these rehearsals every day to get them used to the traffic etc etc.

So what startled them and sent them running?

• Sad
Reactions: 31
TRG reads here.
I know this because they took some of my cartoons that I only ever posted in here.

So, TRG, regarding the "late" posting of the Louis pic - our Royal family for years have an understanding with the British media.
Newspaper deadline is 9pm.
If a story is to go in the morning papers, it needs to be on the editor's desk before 9pm.
There are first edition print runs and then slightly later ones, but if a photo or story is not put out there for the press to use before 9pm, it doesnt go in their morning papers.
The Louis photo timing was to make sure it couldnt be included in the print runs. So no morning papers could feature it.

This means that the media lose out on possible sales that could have been made by inclusion of the pic in their printed media.

William and Catherine could have sent the pic to the papers way before 9pm on the eve of his birthday.
They chose not to.

This needs to be made clear to the two presenters in that clip and also to other people who may not realise this.
TRG please use your platform to help quell all these rumours about things being hidden.

Royal family official pic releases and statements are always traditionally timed to get in the first print runs or on the 6pm news bulletins.

First class example - the Queen's death. We all knew but the official announcements were delayed until the traditional teatime news bulletins.
That's how it has been for years.

So by William and Catherine deliberately putting out that photo on their own social media when it was too late to go to print, we can assume it was to prevent the media from cashing in.

Their reasons for going against tradition?
Hmmmm, could it be because of the crazy OTT reaction to the Mother's Day pic?

Have the press scored an own goal?
Probably.
TRG has become rather fixated on their own narrow view of late.
Which while interesting, does often lack nuance and context.

As for the birthday picture, I took it as the Wales finding a way around the Royal Rota and particularly idiots like Chris Ship.
By doing it the way they did the photo got out for people to see and the story was about a six year olds birthday.

I noticed the Mail subsequently had articles about was it photoshopped and blah blah and all the other filth of 'expert' opinion.
Which would have been attached to initial story had they gone through the 'proper' channels.

btw, Neil Sean made an interesting aside in his video, with the suggestion that the Carols at Christmas may be broadcast directly to the internet cutting out ITV.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Those Horses are huge & quite scary even when They are standing peacefully
---
What spooked those horses?
Where did the blood come from on that white one?

These horses are well used to the city. They do these rehearsals every day to get them used to the traffic etc etc.

So what startled them and sent them running?
The blood is from where the horse smashed into the front of a bus :(

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Nearly a tonne of pure muscle with teeth and metal feet terrified, panicking and pumped full of adrenalin. Even their riders would find it difficult to stop them, random strangers would just make things worse 😟

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I can’t proclaim to know anything about how mortgages work in the US but they claim in Waaagh that they found the house, took out a mortgage and that was that. If I remember rightly they were both ‘unemployed’ at that time if their claims are to be believed; and I find it unusual that an aging actor and a man who’s title is disregarded in the US were able to secure finance.
They had her money and the money they took from the royal foundation too.

• Sick
Reactions: 23
Erm, well that didn’t happen, did it Harry 😂
Couldn't take my eyes of her pinocchio nose poking in at the side of the screen while he was talking.
Then her fake smug face pulling came fully into view and I had to stop watching.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
All the horses have been recovered and are receiving medical attention

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Remember this? Posted on 11th March by @Bellatrix Lestrange Thread 424.
"Angela Levin on GBNews earlier was saying she thinks someone else created and sent the photo to KP pretending it was from PPOW".
Not surprisingly, this didn't gain any traction. Everyone was so upset they never wondered why Catherine a great photographer would produce something so clumsy and fake-looking, just shouting to be torn to pieces which it was.

Daily Mirror today
"However, the release of the portrait marks a big change in the way William and Kate usually issue images for their children’s birthdays. It was pasted straight to social media on Louis’ actual birthday on Tuesday, rather than under embargo to the press the day before, as was the established pattern William and Kate have followed each year for all three of their children since they were born."
"And it seems there is a reason why this was the case, it is understood to be due to the unprecedented time the family is experiencing. ..."

It's expected that the same will be done for Charlotte.

Under embargo
"An embargoed press release is a document that is shared with journalists before its official release date, but with a strict agreement that the information contained within it cannot be published until a specific time and date."

So rather than give anyone a chance to possibly edit the photo, the Waleses posted it directly and the press knew nothing about it.
I never thought Catherine and William produced the Mother's Day photo, it was someone else, and it seemed a crackpot view at the time but I think they were set up.
Could this new way of releasing family photos suggest that they might have thought this was a possibility too?
This photo of Louis was taken a few days ago by Catherine. She's confident it's kosher, she took it, it's real, there can be no furore about it. Not so with the M.D. photo.
It does beg the question though, if someone else did indeed send the photo, why they didn't say that? Why did they make an ill lady take the hit for it? What the farky-snark is going on?!?!

• Sick
Reactions: 23
I am really worried about the white horse he looks very seriously injured, the story made me cry it’s so sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
TRG has become rather fixated on their own narrow view of late.
Which while interesting, does often lack nuance and context.

As for the birthday picture, I took it as the Wales finding a way around the Royal Rota and particularly idiots like Chris Ship.
By doing it the way they did the photo got out for people to see and the story was about a six year olds birthday.

I noticed the Mail subsequently had articles about was it photoshopped and blah blah and all the other filth of 'expert' opinion.
Which would have been attached to initial story had they gone through the 'proper' channels.

btw, Neil Sean made an interesting aside in his video, with the suggestion that the Carols at Christmas may be broadcast directly to the internet cutting out ITV.

There's a lot of people who have only just started to take an interest in the British Royal family who don't really look into things very far. And they confidently give their opinions without knowing enough about the subject.
Those two in the clip TRG is interested in for example.
They spread misinformation. People take their comments as truth instead of looking further into it for themselves.

I totally don't blame William and Catherine if they swerve ITV or BBC etc in future.
There are other ways to reach the people who want to view royal content. Where there's a Will, there's a way [😂]

Modern royals can now cut out the traditional channels. Especially when those traditional channels seem anti them.
Yes, wrongdoers should be held to account and it is the media's job to do that, but they seem to have stepped away from that these days and gotten out of control.

Maybe William can brings things back to being more fair.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.