Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bushbaby21

VIP Member
she'll probably pop up in Brokenwood! My fave ep was the lady bikers! Wish the Russian pathologist would eviscerate Smeg!😂
My favorite episode was when the blonde woman from the bar. Poisoned the guy with his own honey. Honey goes well with lemon cake 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 16

CrabbyOyster

This is quite the topic of discussion in my house again nowadays. Our relatives are obsessed with "cleaning" out our house. Which basically means they want to throw out all our books, art supplies, furniture and clothes etc. We keep telling them that a) none of it is "useless", b) the "mess" is basically my inventory that I don't have any other storage space for, and most importantly, c) we have neither the disposable income nor the wasteful nature to buy things then throw them out then buy them again etc - especially 'seasonal' or 'trendy' clothes and furnishings. And our books are definitely not going anywhere 😤Of course the agenda is also to make me give up crafting - apparently it's a waste (although I don't know what else I'm supposed to be doing instead - learn to become a good housewife? 🙄) and embarassing (it's okay to be an exploitative reseller but lowly to create products by hand, especially since I'm not "established" yet).

I'm the same with clothes. Store almost everything (though we give away quite a few bits every year), rarely buy except when they're in shreds (or too tired) or my weight fluctuates too badly or we need something for a special occasion 😂 even then we focus more on classic than 'trendy', or just keep wearing things even when they are no longer in fashion, but don't look ridiculous either.

Sometimes we feel like maybe we've gone crazy with how much these people are pushing us. And then they'll be the first ones to say we are (or rather I am) wasting our money on 'frivolous' things 🙄 Here I am actively aligning with groups promoting sustainable art and shopping, and these people are like keep throwing everything out, you can buy it again later. Historically? No. Money is here today stolen by my bloody relatives tomorrow.

Smegs would probably faint on reading all of this. That's my good deed of the day. She'll finally be quiet for five minutes. Although maybe she'll keep lying talking even when unconscious 😂

P.s. I have nothing against housewives. Just that I don't see myself being a domestic goddess. It's a whole different connotation particularly amongst my relatives/the sort of families that we have had to consider for marriage so far.
Your words could have been written by me! Same here with everything you say about holding on to stuff because we don't have the funds to replace it in the future if we need it again and we've chucked it out. I wonder how much of your art and craft supplies are still in their wrappers because you don't want to "waste" them on something frivolous when you might be able to use it for something wonderful when you've a) practised a bit more or b) it's "worthwile"? Our food cupboards are similar - lots of bottles of condiments and out of date dry goods, not much actual food that will make an actual meal, but at least if anyone looks, we look like we're doing OK...

We live in a far different world from the likes of Royalty whose shabby chic is from laziness and abundance rather than necessity and a result of poverty trauma.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

HadBax

Chatty Member
As she's in America I imagine , with private health insurance , she's getting it ( if that's the case) on a ' private' prescription from a Dr on her health care scheme? Can you simply buy ozempic over the counter in America or is it ( like the U.K. ) only under prescription there I wonder?
I’m pretty sure you can only get it with a prescription. That said, based on the answers you lovely Tattlers have provided to my question, it seems like we’re talking about the same thing when you say “private prescription”. That is, a patient goes to her doctor and they write a prescription for whatever medicine is needed. The drug may or may not be covered by the patient’s insurance plan (if they have one). I think it’s just a matter of semantics; the US just doesn’t call them “private prescriptions” (to my knowledge).

Reactions: 15

Amiyaya

VIP Member
Oh yes definitely but won’t Sharon’s be due to stress to Ozzy is due another surgery on his back. Last time he had one he lost the ability to walk for a while poor bloke.
I also have back problems (same as a certain princess) so I get regular surgery which re inflates things and moves things and tightens / adds / removes bits and pieces. I’m an actual wreck!!!

• Heart

Shade. And you?

I posted this earlier and said I hadn't yet watched it. Well I just have and wow! Mind-blowing. Well worth a watch Tattlers. It's a bit long.

I really liked Andrew Gold and his interviews until I didn't. He turned me off with his defense of Russell Brand, his "let's wait and find out" approach smacks a bit too much of the conspiracy cooky brigade.

ChaoticArtist

VIP Member
All this talk about Ozempic and weight loss (and the constant pressure regarding potential in-laws and their expectations that I am subjected to IRL), I was reminded of an old song that I used to enjoy. Hope it resonates ❤

(Translated lyrics: https://www.filmyquotes.com/songs/2843)

Unfortunately, he doesn't talk about wives with bunions and claws who like to smash crockery 🤷

Dooley Doo

VIP Member
Are the tattlers with the magnification problem all on Apple or Android (don't want jinx it as I have Android).
Is it only tattle, if so I would ask a mod.

I did a quick Google and it said for Android to double tap the magnifying glass and an icon to switch it on/off should pop up. But that might be for a downloadable screen magnification app.

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
Couldn't bloody stand her, and Cully got on me sick as well (although minor compared to the cunty Harkles)
Same here! Both the Barnaby women were 2-dimensional (at most). And rubbish acting, too. (Though to be fair to the actors, they didn't have much to work with . . . )

Can't say I've seen either of them on anything else. Possibly they are those dancing peanuts etc you see on some adverts.

• Haha

JAR21

VIP Member
These 2 are currently tying for first place for the next thread title, so like one if you haven't already, or remove a like from the one you don't want to win, if you've liked them both!

Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 07.47.48.png