Harry & Meghan #344 Muppets!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a look at the Staud website. For the most part, the clothes are rather clunky and amateurish with terrible proportions. They are mostly dull too. I would love to have Tim Gunn rip through them. All those sports bras with wide legged, high waisted pants that Kim K. has been sporting lately - all Staud. There are a few cute pieces there, but if her husband was not Ari Emanuel, I don't see them being popular in Hollywood (just like everyone wore those tacky, overwrought Marchesa gowns on the red carpet when Georgina Chapman was married to Harvey Weinstein, although I do think she has improved a great deal as a designer in recent years)

This may be the single ugliest outfit that I have seen from a so-called professional designer. It's made of cellophane! Cellophane! It's like that one Project Runway challenge where they had to use materials from a movie theater
1683803094949.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Historically accurate is such a tricky one though.

I had no issues at all with Queen Charlotte being black in Bridgerton, she was a great character, dripping in disdain. What I do have an issue with is the subsequent rewriting of history, to suggest that in real life Queen Charlotte was black, when she wasnt!

It distorts our understanding of historical facts, if we end up believing facts that are wrong. Like the whole debate around Richard of York, recently re-discovered buried under a car park in leicester and lionised. When in Shakespeares play, he was responsible for murdering his brothers children, in the tower of London, and a thoroughly horrible person.

Ive seen on here loads of people who refer to stories straight from ''The Crown'' as the factual truth, when in reality they were never that clear!
If people can't make their researches and have too little culture to appreciate the fiction VS the historical facts, then I agree with you, it's a rewriting of the history.
Anyone who studied some history and has interest about it don't take whatever they see on netflix or read in the Daily Mail for truth. Unfortunately there will always be laziness and lack of questioning/fact checking from a part of the audience.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29

I had no issues at all with Queen Charlotte being black in Bridgerton, she was a great character, dripping in disdain. What I do have an issue with is the subsequent rewriting of history, to suggest that in real life Queen Charlotte was black, when she wasnt!

It distorts our understanding of historical facts, if we end up believing facts that are wrong. Like the whole debate around Richard of York, recently re-discovered buried under a car park in leicester and lionised. When in Shakespeares play, he was responsible for murdering his brothers children, in the tower of London, and a thoroughly horrible person.

Ive seen on here loads of people who refer to stories straight from ''The Crown'' as the factual truth, when in reality they were never that clear!
Shakespeare wrote his plays 100+ years after the events around R3, and he wrote for the descendants of the man who defeated him in battle and took the crown. Hardly impartial, and he was a playwright not a historian. I’m not one of those who lionise R3, but I’m fair minded enough to acknowledge that much of what was written about him was written by people with a vested interest in vilifying him. It’s an era I'm very interested in and I’ve read a lot on both sides, and the fairest conclusion is that there just isn’t enough evidence for or against the ‘villain’ narrative. All we can say with any certainty is that the boys disappeared from the tower. Some people believe they were murdered, others believed they were moved elsewhere and that so-called Perkin Warbeck really was the Prince he claimed to be. Maybe some day some new piece of evidence will emerge that will finally solve the mystery. More likely we’ll never know. Richard may have been an awful person. The two Henrys that followed him certainly were.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I don’t get how this threatens KC though, the only people who come out of it looking bad are Andrew and Smegs? I mean I get that it’s murky, but Andrew is already tainted with the VG stuff (and this is consenting adults 🤢).
The more I think about it and trying to make sense of it I think its because KC is keeping the truth from Sparry - maybe at first even he didn't know then came into the info when it was too late - cant really see PA offering the info up - didn't Sparry once when complaining about the press say how could they make up stories re the yachting? KC protecting his fragile darling boy again

• Sick
Reactions: 25
Morgan getting sacked from the Mirror for publishing faked photographs showing British soldiers torturing Iraqi prisoners was pretty bad too. A more recent lie was Piers ranting and raving about people going to Cheltenham Races just prior to Lockdown, when he himself went to watch Arsenal play with his son that same weekend. Bloke is a twit. :LOL: Can't we crowd-fund a fight between Hazno and Piers and just settle all this shite once and for all? We're all sick of this circus right?!
I'm playing catch-up so this is a few pages ago. If you're a Brit and remember 90s tabloids then Piers' book the Insider is a good read and a trip down memory lane. I'm not sure what to make of him really, he describes the process behind publishing the photos (his brother was in the forces at the time). I'm a bit torn on if he did due diligence or not.

He has more in common with Meghan than he realises, they are both obsessed with their 'truth' despite evidence to the contrary.

• Haha
  • Heart
I wonder at what point Hairy will wake up and realise he isn’t the only person to have suffered trauma. I recall the death of Diana very clearly and also the Christmas speech that year in which our late queen delivered the address through undeniable tears. TLQ came under absolute horrific abuse for keeping the boys up in balmoral, which is what they believed was the right thing to do to protect them from a besieged London and a huge outpouring of grief. King Charles looked absolute devastated- she may have been his ex wife but he clearly felt her loss and, more importantly that of his boys, very keenly and deeply.
Yes, I remember that @Amiyaya: The look of abject grief on King Charles's face. And how he was holding Prince Harry's hand looking at the flowers people had left.

And, no, I don't believe Prince Harry will ever realize he isn't the only person to have suffered trauma. I think he is a very limited person in both his cognitive and emotional abilities. All he has is his "I was Diana's son" role and he'll never give that up. He has nothing to replace it with.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

I read an article about the Queen Charlotte show or maybe it was covered in Bridgerton.
I am not sure how the show started off but George went through a list of suitable ladies and he chose Charlotte even though she was from a small kingdom.
Charlotte arrived and she rested, the next day they had a garden party and I think it was the same day or night they got married. Her wedding dress had that many gems on it the weight exposed most of her chest.
In real life they were good companions and wherever George went Charlotte followed but in the series I think she said they have Charlotte staying behind at the castle.
13 of their 18 children survived to adulthood.

Ooh nasty. Sophie must feel guilty and responsible, even though she didnt hit the poor lady.
The neighbour blamed the council because its a dangerous intersection without visibility to cross, not necessarily that the police rider was doing anything wrong.

still awful.

Reactions: 26
A lot of this stems from that interview where she stated:

"I'd like to be the queen of people's hearts" *bats eyelashes*

I'm old enough now to see how manipulative that statement was.
I thought the same thing about her "queen of people's hearts" statement. She pulled it off with her "Shy Di" look and had me fooled for quite a while. In retrospect, totally manipulative.

• Sick
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.