Harry & Meghan #343 He looked like a bag of sh!te, suit creased and high as a kite

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it interesting that Meghan always has to be dressed in extremely expensive clothes, and wearing costly jewellery, no matter what the occasion is.

She's so insecure that she can't fathom wearing high street clothes and costume jewellery, like Kate does frequently. I remember being shocked when she went to speak at a deprived school a few years ago, but was wearing an outfit worth several thousand pounds. She just didn't have the sense to realise that that was completely inappropriate and insensitive. Or maybe she realised, and/or was advised as such, and she just didn't care.

I don't think it can all be explained by the fact that she's merching brands a lot of the time. It's like her expensive wardrobe and jewellery is part of her identity, and she uses it to feel superior to everyone else. It's totally bizarre.

• Sick
Reactions: 67
When Katy was dating Russell Brand I remember in interviews she was saying she liked Britain and Brits and she seemed genuinely enthused about being here for a while. I think also she probably appreciates being asked to perform and how unique an opportunity it was…gratefulness is becoming, M could learn from Katy.
Yes I liked her little speech and her mention of the Prince's Trust work

Reactions: 32
i still think they was kicked out over some big fat financial shenanigans in the commonwealth trust/royal foundation.

eta: and the merching scheme for Sussex Royal (pajams and undies with Sussex royal logo FFS!). i think Lady C wrote about it in her book.
Tom Bower makes the point how disappointed and disbelieving they were when they met their charity advisors and trustees and realised how strictly charities are run in this country and that they could not use Sussex Royal as Americans use their Foundations as cash cows. They announced they were leaving very soon after.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
I suspect Orlando’s OBE went out the window when he voiced Prince George in that horrible cartoon.
It wouldn’t surprise me if the invitation was specifically for Katy and her mother as they probably didn’t want that idiot.

Reactions: 29
I am starting to feel a bit sorry for Her ..... NOT

married to the ginger bleep spends time trying to be Diana who has been dead for 25 odd years Not a origanal thought in her head
I really liked Diana, but it is strange, how your feelings change, over the years. Now I can see how manipulative she was! I also watched the M&H wedding and I thought that H would be very happy with M. How wrong can you be!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Tom Bower makes the point how disappointed and disbelieving they were when they met their charity advisors and trustees and realised how strictly charities are run in this country and that they could not use Sussex Royal as Americans use their Foundations as cash cows. They announced they were leaving very soon after.
Yes in the USA they only have to donate 5% to the charity the rest they keep
Clintons and Obamas do same

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Lengthy, and well written, article in the New Yorker from Harry’s ghostwriter. Obviously written with H’s permission.

what a terrible writer. also, ghosts don't speak. nice way to markle yourself :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
what a terrible writer. also, ghosts don't speak. nice way to markle yourself :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Lol. Yeah, I laughed a bit at that too. It just confirms he was asked to write it. Whatever media plan they have in place post-Coronation, it starts now, with this pushback of the criticism of Whaaagh.

I was struck by the fact that this piece is pretty well written, in contrast to the parts of the book I read (admittedly did not read the entire thing).

Reactions: 18
Why would you be out for a walk with friends without your children, on their birthday weekend?
This 👆If she was half as intelligent as they claim she would have been out with the children and dogs, enjoying her best life. Imagine the headlines re: the birthday boy etc: But as a narcissist she just can’t. She is only ever papped with friends who won’t take the limelight from her, even when she looks like something the cat dragged in …

• Sick
Reactions: 50
Lol. Yeah, I laughed a bit at that too. It just confirms he was asked to write it. Whatever media plan they have in place post-Coronation, it starts now, with this pushback of the criticism of Whaaagh.

I was struck by the fact that this piece is pretty well written, in contrast to the parts of the book I read (admittedly did not read the entire thing).
oh, absolutely it was clap-back at the haydurs who found his book flimsy, un-edited, under researched, and his writing absolutely cringe-worthy. but, noooooooo, it has to be RRRRRRRRAICISM.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
In the video of Louis eating the s'mores, Kate asks him to put his skewer in the fire - does she call him Lou-bug?? Or am I hearing things?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Can we stop with the assumptions/diagnosing QC's health please, we KNOW nothing.
so only some gossip allowed.
Wow both this and the royal family threads are awful, especially to newbies.
I'll go back in my box thanks.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
This 👆If she was half as intelligent as they claim she would have been out with the children and dogs, enjoying her best life. Imagine the headlines re: the birthday boy etc: But as a narcissist she just can’t. She is only ever papped with employees* who won’t take the limelight from her, even when she looks like something the cat dragged in …
*fixed it for you ;)😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
This 👆If she was half as intelligent as they claim she would have been out with the children and dogs, enjoying her best life. Imagine the headlines re: the birthday boy etc: But as a narcissist she just can’t. She is only ever papped with friends who won’t take the limelight from her, even when she looks like something the cat dragged in …
agree, is not her usually spendy look. Plus she actually looks dishevelled. Nothing she does is unplanned so ‘taking a hike’ is a message somehow, whether it’s to Harry that he’s expendable or he’s taking a hike from her after realising exactly what he’s given up as well as now feeling the backlash from trashing his family for 2yrs. Ah well, either way, they are the architects of their own misery. Couldn’t happen to a nicer pair.

Reactions: 24
Actually - I walk/hike a lot and I have a super spendy watch which was a 21st gift. Do you know what doesn’t go on a pre planned walk with me? My watch! But I do take water which none of them seem to have??

• Heart
Reactions: 43
oh, absolutely it was clap-back at the haydurs who found his book flimsy, un-edited, under researched, and his writing absolutely cringe-worthy. but, noooooooo, it has to be RRRRRRRRAICISM.
IMO, I think the writer took Hazza at face value, possibly forgetting that we in the UK have had years of the spoilt brat and his behaviour to look back on.

And we remember stuff, and how it was presented to us at the time. So, Hazza's version was always going to be scrutinised rather than taken as gospel. Especially after Oprah, and all the deceptions that went unchallenged.

Recollections may vary, and all that.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
IMO, I think the writer took Hazza at face value, possibly forgetting that we in the UK have had years of the spoilt brat and his behaviour to look back on.

And we remember stuff, and how it was presented to us at the time. So, Hazza's version was always going to be scrutinised rather than taken as gospel. Especially after Oprah, and all the deceptions that went unchallenged.

Recollections may vary, and all that.
oh, i agree, but the racism accusation IS there in the article, when he claims ppl's reaction to Sparry and LeBron's moanmoirs are due to racism. then he backtracks, like a millimetre, and says maybe we're just envious haydurs bc we is broke poors who don't have no money. it's as classist and elitist and condescending a piece as i've ever read. but then again, it's New Yorker, so that's the standard.

• Sick
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.