Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cocobaby09

VIP Member
I don’t know about you all, but I blubbed like a small child yesterday during the Coronation. So many online commentators say that King Charles looked drawn, ill etc - but then again, we haven’t seen true reverence and a sense of awe for many a long year. Kate looked exquisite, Hazzard was obscured by Anne’s hat, the singing was incandescent (especially Bryn Terfell’s - but then Welsh voices, like so many other Welsh things in general, are the best :)) I hope the witch was absolutely frothing with rage in her McMansion. If she hadn’t thought that royalty was like something out of a Hallmark film where spunky young American wins over hearts of stuffy aristocrats and takes centre stage, she could have been there too.
Not forgetting Penny Mordaunt with the sword. Think dad Twitter was getting hot under the collar 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I think the whole RF has been very happy and relaxed this weekend... Harry and Meghan are officially consigned to the roles of haz-beens.

• Heart

Pom Bear

VIP Member
Thanks to @Churchill's Ghost for the winning title.

Well... Corrie is over. The Service was superb, the Parade was fantastic, and the appearance at the balcony was too short because of the weather. So was the flypast. Well, there's next trooping of the colours.

We all enjoyed watching and sharing our thoughts on this little corner of the forum of ours.

Unfortunately, we have to mention those two.
Sparry was spotted at the airport and was confirmed to have left to LA and not some Euro hideaway. He was as messy as you please and carrying hangers.
He managed to act exactly as expected from a 4 years old feral toddler (Smeg, come instil some "manners, manners, manners!" into him, you lazy cow!): he was gurning and making faces at every unsuspecting passer by, laughing at himself, being such a "rebel" and by neither taking the pledge of allegiance to the King, nor singing the National Anthem. I'm sure 10 years old Tik-Tokers are SOOOOO identifying with him right now!

Then, Dior proudly announced they "tailored" that crumpled mess of a pantomime toff suit Sparry was wearing.

And finally, there was a minor logistical hitch, which left the King waiting for the Walses' car and them entering the abbey together. Of course, all the shit-stirrers journalists creamed themselves writing fan-fiction about huge fights and shouting matches which delayed the car. yes. Ladies and Gents, I present you the "royal experts".

Well that's about it, if i missed anything, please add to the recap.

Old thread:

Corrie On!
New thread 🧵🥰 and I love that the plume is still mentioned on the title 😀🥰 xx.

I leave this here before at catching up more later, I'm on around two threads 🧵 behind 😄 x.

Resizer_16834626245551.jpg

Resizer_16834626309693.jpg

Resizer_16834626586525.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I thought Johnny was now a Lt Col, or did I just promote him in my head?

Do you think that was Hasno’s ‘Support Hanger’; you know like some folk have support animals…except he cannot be trusted with anything animal like.
That thought crossed my mind too, it's a support hanger. 😁 I'd say he got an earful when he arrived back, that's assuming that they are still living together.

Yesterday was amazing. Those who organised it deserve great credit.
I hope that all of those who took part - from the young guy who greeted Charles to all the amazing troops and everyone in between (singers, musicians, police - oh just everyone) are prouder than proud of themselves because they should be.

And what an occasion to be part of, wow. A day they will never ever forget. A truly historic occasion.

P.S the threads were and are fantastic too 😁!

• Heart
Reactions: 47

WelshMam

I thought the Wales children were outstanding yesterday. Such a testament to their parents and the tight knit upbringing they have. I can see all of them taking a role in the armed forces.

I welled up seeing Prince George yesterday, he seems such a thoughtful boy and the enormity of yesterday would have resonated as this is his future too. Loved the gentle steer of Lt. Col Johnny with the page boys but also thought Lt. Commander Rob Dixon, the Wales’ equerry was just wonderful too. Glad I endured ITV as this didn’t seem to be on the BBC coverage, was a really lovely moment when the King and Queen were seated in the gold state carriage after the service and Lt. Col Johnny walked Prince George over to Lt. Comm Rob and you can see how excited Rob was talking to George as he was taking him back to his parents and siblings to ride in the other carriage. It could have been a very formal exchange but looked like Rob was being really reassuring and it was just lovely to see that they have this personable support around them as well as the formalities.

• Heart

emmer_moans

VIP Member
It's the brit bashing along with the white bashing, so what if we are white and British? Did anyone at time of conception ask to be born? And sick and tired of being called a colonizer and pillager...neither racist but getting sick of it.
This! Representation is important but it doesn't need to be shoehorned into everthing. You can't suddenly change the ethnicity of your family tree to make it "representative". Some families are white, some are black, some are multi-ethnic (what's the right term? Don't hate me, terminology changes daily). Anyway, the royal family had a bicracial member join a few years ago. Her name began with M...She was embraced and made welcome by the family and the public. She blew it by stabbing them in the back and starting a crusade again them and us. If she had behaved she would have been on that balcony! How exactly is that the fault of the RF?

I do feel like on social media there has been so much white-bashing because it's currently fashionable. Most white people in 2023 are inclusive and respectful, I'm sick of actresses and politicians saying we are racist. We can't help our family tree, for fecks sake.

Last edited:
  • Sick

FrancesDundee80

VIP Member
Well we know know why Hazno went, Dior probably paid him to. Scum.

Also that Myra on Twitter, everyone thinks it’s Meagain but imagine if it’s not, that is one sad person.
And how dare they call the coronation and our traditions a clown show, she? actually thought Hazno overshadowed the coronation service, seriously deranged.
To be fair, nothing is more clowny than the ILBW overdone make up to highlight her Nigerian ancestry. Or her wearing ripped jeans and a cap when she arrives with her dial-a-pap friends to dead children memorials. Or when she takes 6K handbags to fold baby clothes to the "poor and needy".

I try to move away from Myra's comments as they are tasteless and add nothing except highlight the sheer lack of intelligence, culture and taste that became a signature of the Sussex Following, a mirroring of their Mistress.

ETA - the ILBW initials. I am still recovering of all partying yesterday.

• Heart

Regina2071

Why are none of the newspapers and media pointing out that Sparry couldn't have made it to his son's birthday party.

Harold's plane landed in America at 6:30 and apparently he lives a 2 hour drive away from the airport.

Who has a party for a 4 year old at 8:30 / 9:00 at night?
He'll arrive around sunset, just as Duchess Harkula emerges from her coffin to satisfy her bloodlust before dawn

• Haha

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Back to his suit for a second- It was pretty disgusting that Dior advertised his suit. So crass. And secondly when he was walking in I couldn’t get over how narrow the trousers were, especially around the ankle. Not a classic look. More a ‘four lads in jeans’ look
I’ve said if before and I’ll keep saying it, dumbo’s gait makes me dry heave . Honestly, the way he swings his feet outwards causes me irrational rage and the urge to smash his nose in.

I was the same with Jamie Dornan; hot as fuck serial killer but waddles like a duck , instant passion killer.

• Haha
  • Heart

Yupitsme!!

It's the brit bashing along with the white bashing, so what if we are white and British? Did anyone at time of conception ask to be born? And sick and tired of being called a colonizer and pillager...neither racist but getting sick of it.

• Heart
  • Sick

redchicken

Great concert, fabulous eclectic mix of art, great light show and fabulous, fabulous FUCK OFF gold dress from our visiting Monteshitshow resident, who name checked her stay at the palace.I loved it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

MrsDimSum

VIP Member
Will we see anymore of the RF at the concert etc tonight? Be nice to see them enjoying the occasion and looking a little more relaxed. Catherine looked a little subdued yesterday - although totally understandable- such a huge occasion and three kids with her and then that absolute gremlin a couple of rows behind after all he’s said about her and her husband.

• Wow
Reactions: 46

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
I felt for Charles yesterday. Must have really hurt how his son had turned out. I'm irish but love a royal occasion. He only has 2 sons and the difference couldn't be more evident yesterday.

As for Harry I think he was there as he had to be. Was in his head saying "blah blah blah" and believes he is the "lucky" one to have escaped. He believes his own truth. How could he sleep at night if he didn't?
Also Irish, and in his wildest dreams could have Charlie imagined a future daughter in law and two grandchildren would have been absent on his big day. And his second son would have skulked in and out without as much as an hello. From a purely human perspective that must have been desperately saddening

Reactions: 45

Dobby Socks

I really hope the family do pay attention to social media & what is said about them. Firstly so they can see how much support they really had but mostly because the thought of them looking at memes & tweets of themselves would be hilarious. Can you imagine them all sending princess Anne memes about her hat 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45