Harry & Meghan #338 Not long to go til the Coronation show!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s what my friend is making. (She’s the good cook)

View attachment 2148762
I’m doing :

Cheese and pickle sandwiches
Ham and English mustard sandwiches
Crab and Artichoke dip
Meatballs in Barbeque sauce
Charcuterie
Little Trifles with strawberries
Spinach Dip

Cake!!!

You are all invited!
I’m going to have nachos and jalapeño poppers and margaritas (I’ll have leftovers from tomorrow which is Cinco de Mayo)

D76C6BC5-A951-4CAB-B6B5-8E60D0C987FA.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Here in West Aus the main channels are broadcasting the coronation. (The ABC, channels 7, 9, and not sure about 10.)

We usually watch channel 7 but they have hooked up with the BBC. I am not sure who the others are broadcasting with but guess the ABC would be the BBC too.

Channel 7 broadcast HMQEII's with ITV.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm trying to figure out how early I need to wake up on Saturday to watch the coronation. From what I know, the lead-up events start at 2 AM my time?!
I don't really feel like watching the commentary, but still want to see the guests arrive. I'll probably try to wake up around 4:30-5.

(Please tell me I'm not alone here 🥺)

On topic, Meghan needs to stay the heck away from the coronation!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
"What: Coronation of King Charles III and Queen Camilla. Date: Saturday, May 6, 2023. Time: Live coverage beginning at 4 a.m. central."

3am is around the time I take the new pup out so I'll just sit up. It's going to be one long day. Quiche sounds not so good at that time but tea or a sweet might fit

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm trying to figure out how early I need to wake up on Saturday to watch the coronation. From what I know, the lead-up events start at 2 AM my time?!
I don't really feel like watching the commentary, but still want to see the guests arrive. I'll probably try to wake up around 4:30-5.

I am getting up at 4am to watch the procession that starts at 4:20am my time

• Heart
I think BBC coverage starts at 7am. I'm catching an early train and will do bacon and eggs for people for breakfast, then get the rest of the food ready as the day progresses.

It'll be fun! :)

Edit: sorry got that wrong, uk coverage BBC starts 10.15am

Reactions: 18
@Dooley Doo we’re going to be watching Sky News UK on Foxtel, apparently Stan and BritBox are covering the coronation too.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
thats bleeping rediclulous though. your the royal house if you wanted to get in touch you could. if they try to use that for one second as an excuse its pathetic. there are mamy other things they can say about how the invite was or wasnt taken. but to say they cant get in touch. haha feck off. they literaly have every person possible at their disposal to get in touch. it would take approx 5 minutes for say the government or secret service to do this,but there are far more people before that who could do the job.

Reactions: 13
Harry & Meghan #339
Chas is crowned, The Haznot's cried & frowned, shame they weren't drowned!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Thanks for all the photos tattlers are putting up of the Coronation. All the food talk is making me hungry! I am making scones to have with jam and cream.
Busy catching up on all the threads as I have just returned from Western Australia to witness an eclipse of the sun which I found quite emotional 🥲
I don’t think Harold is coming because he is gutless. I just hope everything goes smoothly and can’t wait to see George,Charlotte and especially Louis.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Are you in the US? If so, I believe NBC is starting coverage at 5am EDT.

Reactions: 12
Have been up to see the Corrie Prep this evening

The tulips at the Buckingham Palace end of The Mall are STUNNING.The white tents are all mini TV studios. One of them probably contains Scobiecunt waiting for his strings to be operated.

View attachment 2148883

Believe this means thats Chaz and Cammy were at home when I called

View attachment 2148888

Saw Farage and Rees Mogg in their GB News tent studio. Actually I almost bumped into Rees Mogg further up the Mall earlier as he was strolling about on his own, happily chatting to randoms.

View attachment 2148892

There are lots of decorations around that I haven't seen in the papers yet. The amount of TV broadcast infrastructure around the place is *phenomenal*, this is a global event on a massive scale like I don't think we've ever seen before. There are TV camera positions literally every few metres along the route. The coverage of the parade is going to be incredible.

When you see the HUNDREDS of TV camera positions that are set up all along the route for yourself, it's absolutely impossible to believe that Markle is willingly missing the chance to appear.

View attachment 2148902

The local parish church looks mighty fine and ready. The TV infrastructure that's been built directly opposide the Abbey is mind blowing. As I say above you really get a scale for how big a global television event this is going to be when you see the size of the TV camera galleries that have been built.

View attachment 2148911

The projections onto Big Ben are really, really cool. It's all animated and goes through a cycle of different scenes lasting a couple of minutes. I've about a million photos of it in all the different combinations.

View attachment 2148913

View attachment 2148918

The atmosphere around there is amazing already. Cannot wait for Saturday!
Wow Big Ben looks amazing! Thank you for sharing these ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I seem to keep quoting you Zippy, lol! I don't see her saying this to anyone who would repeat it. I could see her telling this to Prince Philip and he's not telling. Princess Anne, maybe and she would never!
I saw the Farage interview with Trump the other day as I was mindlessly listening to videos on YouTube whilst doing my chores (I think it was GB News?!)

He was asked about the Queen and he said something like how she was great and that he'd once asked her opinion on previous Prime Ministers, she wouldn't be drawn on her actual opinions other than, oh yes, he was nice, oh yes he was nice etc. I can imagine over her whole reign she had learn not to give a strong opinion lest that sound bite end up in the press. I highly doubt therefore she would ever say anyone was evil in earshot of people who would blab. It's just not her style.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm watching the new Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story and the King George in this one is a right hottie, he's like a cross between Peter Phillips and Wills! Even actors look better as a royal than Hazza who has the genes - (well allegedly 😬)
I'm watching this too. Wasn't this "mad king George" the one that had a genetic issue iirc? Perhaps it's filtered down the generations to haznot? 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
i read it in Sally Bedell Smith's book Diana in Search of herself. i have to search it for the quote and reference tho, it has loads of sources and citations. i also remember something of the sort, Charles promising not to remarry to the Queen, in several docus i saw some time ago about him and the RF and media. if you give me till tomorrow to find the citations?
I was just thinking I get that values have changed the past few years but I do find it strange how Charles got a lot of flack for divorcing and eventually remarrying, but Kings of the past could behead wives once they got bored of them 😬🤔 Poor Charles, I do think the RF and the public were too harsh about Charles and Camilla for so long, it's clear they have been in love for years and the public aren't exactly perfect when it comes to love and marriage either. I think it's a shame they had to wait so long to marry (and for the public to calm down about Diana). As tragic as Diana's death was, I think she was wrongly and overly considered a saint by the public for so long. She did amazing charity work etc but I think she was far too loved and therefore Charles could not win and had been imprisoned by the public's love for her so so long. At the end of the day you can tell he adores Camilla. Perhaps he did say once he would never remarry, to please his family, but love often prevails and changes minds.

I know Camilla divides opinion but I don't mind her and will be glad to see her crowned, the King deserves his companion 💕
---
Have been up to see the Corrie Prep this evening

The tulips at the Buckingham Palace end of The Mall are STUNNING.The white tents are all mini TV studios. One of them probably contains Scobiecunt waiting for his strings to be operated.

View attachment 2148883

Believe this means thats Chaz and Cammy were at home when I called

View attachment 2148888

Saw Farage and Rees Mogg in their GB News tent studio. Actually I almost bumped into Rees Mogg further up the Mall earlier as he was strolling about on his own, happily chatting to randoms.

View attachment 2148892

There are lots of decorations around that I haven't seen in the papers yet. The amount of TV broadcast infrastructure around the place is *phenomenal*, this is a global event on a massive scale like I don't think we've ever seen before. There are TV camera positions literally every few metres along the route. The coverage of the parade is going to be incredible.

When you see the HUNDREDS of TV camera positions that are set up all along the route for yourself, it's absolutely impossible to believe that Markle is willingly missing the chance to appear.

View attachment 2148902

The local parish church looks mighty fine and ready. The TV infrastructure that's been built directly opposide the Abbey is mind blowing. As I say above you really get a scale for how big a global television event this is going to be when you see the size of the TV camera galleries that have been built.

View attachment 2148911

The projections onto Big Ben are really, really cool. It's all animated and goes through a cycle of different scenes lasting a couple of minutes. I've about a million photos of it in all the different combinations.

View attachment 2148913

View attachment 2148918

The atmosphere around there is amazing already. Cannot wait for Saturday!
Thanks for sharing these pics 💕

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I can’t picture an old lady Diana becoming Queen! Sadly she seemed to be one of those people destined to “stay young forever” as you couldn’t imagine her being here for a long time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.