Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hannahebee

VIP Member
I have just watched the trailer again and I noticed the person who is interviewing them said "This will be your last interview ever." and then the narrator said "Dad's deathbed plea". This to me sounds like that Samantha, Thomas Jr and Thomas Sr have done this interview and are showing these unseen clips because Thomas Sr hasn't got long to live and wants to show everyone what Meghan was really like and what she is like now before he passes away.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 43

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
I was just watching some footage of the Royal Wedding of W & C and some thoughts:

1. There was a sense of light happiness. No dramas to talk about, no shunned family. No noise on the days before about who would walk Catherine to the altar. Everyone looked genuinely happy - even the Queen that was usually very serious on such solemn occasions was smiling broadly when she left the Abbey and on the Balcony;

2. Broke my heart to see Philip happy and healthy. And remembering what his ungrateful grandson - that was laughing with him on the balcony - make him go through on his last days on earth. I am convinced that without the Markle factor PP and HLMTQ would have reach their 100th anniversary;

3. The only duo that wasn't relaxed and just enjoying were Carole and Michael Middleton. They were proud and humbled and overwhelmed. I felt the urge to give them a hug and say "you did well, just enjoy". Catherine is great, but she was fortunate to have good parenting to guide her, provide her with good values. Truth is, no one from that nuclear family will ever be broadcasting their flaws and petty grievances on Australian TV;

4. Harry was 100% the Best Man. He was even in charge of the ring. It's mesmerising to watch how close he was to his brother, their complicity. Despite "his truth" now (on Whaaagggg), he looked genuinely happy - and that is a very different look when he tries to act happy for the paps or Netflix crew. He was happy with his brother and his grandparents - Philip and Harry were joking with Pippa on the balcony;

5. No one does pageantry like the British. The show was amazing. And (also) because of that, the Monarchy is the source of a lot on the British economy: how many tourists came to London for the Wedding, Jubilees, even the Funeral and now the Coronation. I am just happy to watch it from afar next weekend and I already know it will be great.
I always remember the publicity Pippas arse got for weeks after the wedding and how MLP tried to copy it for the public spectacle with Waaah and Smeg and no one cared

• Haha
  • Heart

Mock Turtle

VIP Member
That’s the Prince Frederick one that I really hope Wills is going to choose. It’s what Edward nicked off with when he abdicated and the RF felt it would be too awkward to charge an ex king with theft! He died and they got it back 3 years too late for Charles’ investiture so he had to put up with that butt ugly modern ping pong ball thing! I just want to see the royals but especially W&C in ALL the bling so that the plate smashing, screaming tantrum from Toilet Towers will be heard three states away! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Ndrangheta

VIP Member
Catherine looked amazing today. No wonder Hazno looks so angry and bitter and twisted all the time. Look at the superficial 'actress/grifter' he's married too. If I was him I'd be getting off my face on drugs everyday too.

I had friends in Santa Barbara and they were members of the 'Sierra Club' (not as sordid as it sounds), on one visit they took me on a few trail hikes in the area. Absolutely great. I bet Harry would loved to have ended-up with a gal who enjoyed that sort of thing ... not someone whose only interest is pap-walking. What an absolute fucking tool he is. Surely the first thing you look for in a life partner is someone is at least a few similar interests ... fucking dickhead.

Go Catherine! *swoon*... :love::love::love:

• Heart

Zippy2000

VIP Member
  • Sick

Amiyaya

VIP Member
Rich mum energy is Catherine.
Rich mum is like the mums on my school run. 30 year old ariat boots, manky jods and a gilet that the stuffing has all settled in the bottom of. Opening the boot and a few spaniels fall out along with a couple of head collars and martingales. Because wealth isn’t to debut a new facelift - it’s to have a place that’s so comfortable as to not be thought about. My boots are new and my gilet isn’t lumpy which is how I know!

• Heart

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
Just watched a programme about Edward and Sophie.
They wanted their wedding at Windsor because they wanted it as low key as possible for a royal wedding and to make it a family occasion.

• Heart

Who’sYerDaddy

VIP Member
Rich mum is like the mums on my school run. 30 year old ariat boots, manky jods and a gilet that the stuffing has all settled in the bottom of. Opening the boot and a few spaniels fall out along with a couple of head collars and martingales. Because wealth isn’t to debut a new facelift - it’s to have a place that’s so comfortable as to not be thought about. My boots are new and my gilet isn’t lumpy which is how I know!
Doesn’t matter if you’re a rich Mom or a poor Mom. If you’re a GOOD Mom with a LOVING, KIND heart? That’s ALL that matters because in the end? That’s all that DOES matter…

• Heart

ChipDex

VIP Member
From Aussie Sky News.

I don't think there's any "become", regarding the first bit. I think he always was.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
When Meghan asked about Harry “is he kind?” it made me wonder if she was thinking about her yacht days and really meant “does he tip well, buy nice expensive gifts?”

• Haha
  • Heart

neroli

VIP Member
I think people should have freedom of speech but I don't think the Not My King or other protestors should be near the Coronation. With the risk because of H's revelations in the Waaahhh book they are just too much of a distraction.

I felt sorry for the school children that went to see KC3 and QCC the other day and had to put up with the Not My King mob, but the children did out chant them.

Hopefully it will be a great day with H sat in the back row.
To even things up a bit can't we have some "Not My Duke" representation?

• Haha
  • Heart

Who’sYerDaddy

VIP Member
Look what's coming out on Sunday. The Markles are hitting back and it looks like Meghan is going to be exposed.
I have a feeling this is not going to be as "revealing" as everyone thinks it will be. I think that it's been promoted to seem as such, but that in reality, it's going to be pretty much about stuff we already know...that Smeg's had a great life growing up and her father spoiled her. I highly doubt there will be ANY secrets revealed that we don't already know.

• Wow

Mock Turtle

VIP Member
Thanks for your comments, and it's very confusing as every article I read said that it was PC who pushed for her HRH to be removed. I didn't know this, that HM had wanted her to keep it as the mother of the future King. That seems logical, so why did PC insist that she lose it? That's what I'd like to know. The reason given in the article that Diana tried to back the RF into a corner and then jumped the gun seems odd.

From your explanation, Lady C says that HM and PC had privately agreed that she'd keep her HRH but Diana jumped the gun so they gave her the lesser title. Is this true? This wouldn't have happened if they'd been clear in the first place and followed protocol, and if there had been no arguing about whether she should keep it or not? The Burke's Peerage writer said there was protracted wrangling as to whether she should keep her HRH, and that to lose it would be "unprecedented". The protracted discussions must have been between HM and PC, but it doesn't explain why PC took this position.

I don't really understand it all but it's a mess isn't it. The bit in big type, that she was "punished for not settling for HRH Princess Diana" is confusing. I'd like to know why her title was removed and what it achieved.
I don’t think he insisted it was removed at all. There were conversations with Diana happening behind the scenes and he was part of it all. I don’t think he really wanted her to keep PoW but seemed to have no issue with the HRH. She’d been offered the HRH in her own right by him and HM but because Di was obsessed with keeping PoW, she jumped the gun to try and force their hands. As she clearly told Lady C, she bizarrely thought a title of her own was a demotion rather than a practically unique in history promotion. For someone who came from the aristo world, thats a strange lack of understanding.

I’m not sure why the Burkes person is saying loss of HRH wasn’t protocol because it absolutely was as far as general aristo titles went. You don’t get to keep the all important The when you divorce a Duke, etc. And royal divorce, well there was no precedent. Ignoring Henry VIII, KCIII’s generation basically were the first. George IV had tried to divorce Caroline but been denied. Anne divorcing Phillips didn’t count as he didn’t have a title anyway. So the Yorks were the only precedent and she got the same as Sarah.

By many accounts, Di was an utter nightmare through the divorce process, playing tricks, demanding ridiculous stuff, threatening to release the false gay scandal tape she’d fooled the mentally vulnerable Smith into. And yet she is still seen as the poorly done to victim in it all, when actually I think the Queen and Charles were just doing their best to manage a horrendous mess.

I really recommend Lady C’s Di book. Di had initially wanted Lady C to basically be her Morton, so gave her hours of interviews. In the end, Lady C refused to publish the false tale Di was spinning so Di went to Morton instead. But it means Lady C’s Diana books are all on first person evidence. She’s a big Diana fan in many ways and generous about her many good qualities but is also very fair about her faults and issues and just how hard she was to deal with.

• Heart