Harry & Meghan #333 Ten rows back and "someone" called the hacks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was trying to find online archives of the seating plan of QE2's coronation, but I don't think they've been digitised yet (according to the National archives). I'm pretty sure close family were on a balcony to the side (OK, most of this is from The Kings Speech).

Anyway, I don't think there are anywhere near enough royals to shove him behind to get him ten rows back. It would just be daft, the best we can hope for is like when they put them on the opposite side to W&C.
Get the candle out again. Mr Candle will be proud to do important duty at the Corry

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Last night I was watching video of a very extragant celebrity birthday party for a one year old child. Over the years…I‘ve seen lots of photos, videos of these lavish parties, among the Hollywood elite that the Gruesomes purport to be part of. M&H have staff, a huge home, grounds that could support a tent..but….nothing.

Except for the near empty do where Archie crawls on the table…why in 4 years have we seen no parties with other celebrity children or classmates or just these supposed ‘friends’ of the Markles? It seems to be the ‘custom’ among their new ‘set.’ Why isn’t Serena there with her child, for example? What would be the threat in a photo released by their PR days after the event?

Something just isn’t normal here. These children are truly ‘invisible.’ Something is very “off.” MM would surely want to flaunt her wealth among her new friends with a party suitable for her royal children. It is out of character for this narcissist to not compete.

Also….LA is a 90 minutes drive from Montecito. That’s not considering traffic. No way anyone is driving Lilibet that far every day and yet no photos. Or is she in a boarding nursery school up there…just kidding.

I cannot believe if those children were at the Jubilee that her vicious competitive personslity wouldn’t have trotted out cute photo after photo of them, to compete with K&C’s children.

I think M is not coming because she would have to bring the children…and that’s a very big problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
The 16 days relates to this on the HMRC website:

UK residence and tax
Your UK residence status affects whether you need to pay tax in the UK on your foreign income.
Non-residents only pay tax on their UK income - they do not pay UK tax on their foreign income.
Residents normally pay UK tax on all their income, whether it’s from the UK or abroad. But there are special rules for UK residents whose permanent home (‘domicile’) is abroad.

Work out your residence status
Whether you’re UK resident usually depends on how many days you spend in the UK in the tax year (6 April to 5 April the following year).
You’ll only be resident in the UK if both of the following apply:
  • you meet one or more of the automatic UK tests or the sufficient ties test
  • you do not meet any of the automatic overseas tests
Otherwise, you’ll be non-resident in the UK for tax purposes.

Overseas tests
You’re usually non-resident if either:
  • you spent fewer than 16 days in the UK (or 46 days if you have not been a UK resident for the 3 previous tax years)
  • you worked abroad full-time (averaging at least 35 hours a week), and spent fewer than 91 days in the UK, of which no more than 30 were spent working

Oh thank you so much Turtle 🐢 so really it could be 46 days. I can't remember when he went over to live in the US. Was it 2020?

Reactions: 18
Thank you @LadyMuck 😘
BookWorm has carried out an exhaustive investigation into KC's finances, and says the recent Guardian report isn't accurate. Some aspects she couldn't get to.

D Mail said KC is worth 600M but this is what's left over from the Duchy of Cornwall, and this is perfectly in line with rich celebs and CEOs. So the headline is misleading. KC's fortune is largely concealed from public view so is unknown, but BookWorm believes it to be more like 2.1Billion to 2.5 Billion.
23 privately owned vehicles approx 6 Million.
600 Million capital.
2 private properties from HM, Balmoral 80 Million and Sandringham 250 Million.
Now revealed he received 2.3 Million for the Late Queen's horses.
The Stud is worth 27 Million.
Finest stamp Collection in the world, 100 Million
Jewellery gifted prior to 1995 difficult to value but Andrew Morton put a conservative figure on it of 533 Million.
Private art collection valued at 24 Million, but BookWorm believes this is higher because a Monet bought by the Queen Mother for 200,000 is now worth 20 Million.
BookWorm doesn't know how much he inherited from the Queen? 142 Million?

Annual income from Duchy of Lancaster 653 Million. But the Guardian ignored KC's private properties, offshore investments, private companies and rentals. No idea what those are.
Sovereign Grant money not added either. BP needs to be refurbished, any change left over from that?
The Coronation is a State event and should be paid for by the State.

BookWorm has no issue with wealthy people, but has an issue with how KC is spending his wealth. This issue has not been addressed anywhere, and BookWorm isn't even sure how to approach it.

At 21 years of age PC took over the Duchy of Cornwall, and has received significant income therefrom for 53 years. The Duchy of Cornwall owns properties outside of Cornwall, and spreads over 20 counties. BookWorm is fully aware of the growth of the Duchy under PC's good management.

There are serious homelessness issues in Cornwall. A FOI request in January 2023 revealed that 6,300 people were made homeless in Cornwall alone, and this number is likely to be much higher with undocumented cases. Rents continue to soar, there is a real housing crisis partly because of second home-owners, and PC was one of the landlords who evicted renters during COVID.

William is now Duke of Cornwall, and the after-effects of his father's tenure are still out there. There is a bona vacantia system wbereby when someone dies the property reverts to the Crown, not to the Duchies.

Modular homes need to be built, refugees are being put in hotels, and BookWorm wonders if KC will ever open his own wallet to help. He's paid no attention to the problems in Cornwall. In 2020 the then Duke distributed 102,000 to the Benevolent Fund but this money came from the assets of tenants who had died. Leaseholders, not owners able to pass on their asset. He took the credit.

KC has a track record of being ruthless with money. BookWorm says it's essential to own the land upon which your house is built, but KC has fought the abolishment of the leasehold system for years. Owning the land your house is built on is the norm elsewhere. The homeowners have paid rent but there's no help from PC after years of paying. William disagrees with this leasehold system, and has more empathy and concern about homelessness. BookWorm hopes he will abolish it as it's very unfair.

BookWorm says she respects and admires KC, he's a hard worker, but it's not acceptable for him to be above the law and unaccountable. He should play by the rules and represent the people, but he's not doing that and it's not enough just to put a face to charities. The Duchy leasehold situation should be brought into line with the rest of the country, and William with a 23 Million annual income could donate some to a housing project.
KC's finances should be investigated.
Phew 😅
All that’s how the rich stay rich and like all rich people they just about stay on the right side of the law regarding money matters. wouldnt want his wage bill though. At the end of the day he is King it would be really newsworthy and surprising if he didn’t have a pot to piss in.

Reactions: 22
No alerts here in Kent, although the daughter in Surrey got one. Other daughter, currently in Montenegro, didnt get one either and is most pissed off :ROFLMAO:
Your lucky daughter being in Montenegro! Definitely one of the most stunningly beautiful places in the world I have ever visited..

• Heart
Reactions: 28
We both have emergency alarms allowed on our mobiles. I got the alarm on my phone. My husband didn't the receive the alarm on his. Don't think it's all working quite as it should.
I had emergency alerts allowed on mine but I didn't get it.
So now I've disabled the feature. Don't want it now. (Sulking)

Besides, I think there's something more sinister to this.
Conspiracy theorist, that's me.

I never put that track and trace shite on my phone or that NHS app thing either.
And I don't trust Alexa.

I'm under the radar, me.
Renegade.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
The emergency alert only works on 4g and 5g phones I think.

Reading the thread in Off Topic (which I know this is) there also seems to have been a problem with some of the networks, Three and O2.

Reactions: 18

I never put that track and trace shite on my phone or that NHS app thing either.
And I don't trust Alexa.

I'm under the radar, me.
Renegade.
Oooh, I refuse to have an Alexa in my home too! It's how SkyNet will start. All this AI shenanigans petrifies me, as a child of the Terminator & T2 era.

Peg & Hazno are weapo s grade awful, to stay on track.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

And I don't trust Alexa.

I'm under the radar, me.
Renegade.

I'm with you on this @Chita. No alarm for me either (which I was very happy/relieved about) When that phone alarm goes off in future to signal end of days, I'll meet you at survivor basecamp.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Last night I was watching video of a very extragant celebrity birthday party for a one year old child. Over the years…I‘ve seen lots of photos, videos of these lavish parties, among the Hollywood elite that the Gruesomes purport to be part of. M&H have staff, a huge home, grounds that could support a tent..but….nothing.

Except for the near empty do where Archie crawls on the table…why in 4 years have we seen no parties with other celebrity children or classmates or just these supposed ‘friends’ of the Markles? It seems to be the ‘custom’ among their new ‘set.’ Why isn’t Serena there with her child, for example? What would be the threat in a photo released by their PR days after the event?

Something just isn’t normal here. These children are truly ‘invisible.’ Something is very “off.” MM would surely want to flaunt her wealth among her new friends with a party suitable for her royal children. It is out of character for this narcissist to not compete.

Also….LA is a 90 minutes drive from Montecito. That’s not considering traffic. No way anyone is driving Lilibet that far every day and yet no photos. Or is she in a boarding nursery school up there…just kidding.

I cannot believe if those children were at the Jubilee that her vicious competitive personslity wouldn’t have trotted out cute photo after photo of them, to compete with K&C’s children.

I think M is not coming because she would have to bring the children…and that’s a very big problem.
And last year they didnt even mention his birthday. Didn't even release a new photo of the back of his head.

Bit highlighted in bold is exactly it.
They can't both attend another important Royal event (much as it kills her to miss the photo ops of a lifetime) without the children.

Reactions: 34
Less than 2 weeks to go!!!!!!!
I caved and we started eating the biscuits already.

eta: Think I forgot to say, had a street get together invitation through the door yesterday. We don’t want to go, but will show our faces for a bit in the name of being good neighbours.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I'm sure it was an American alert we heard as after the screeching noises, an American woman's voice spoke. 🙄

I'm loving the new thread and title - thank you both. However, I'm not convinced that Hazza will end up seated in row ten 🤣🤣 but I do think he'll be here for the coronation.

I'm unsure about Lady C's comment that Haz can only spend 16 days in the UK, as he's British. I know it's all tax related, but I still think it's a bit far fetched.

I think that it's quite feasible that after he attended court he remained in the UK and went into therapy. After all, if he and the she devil are splitting up, as there's no kids for him to return to the States for, then there's no reason to go back. If I'm correct, then I think Charles will have indeed spoken to his dear boy and possibly the royals are about to break the truth about A&L after the Coronation. Perhaps that's what Lady C keeps alluding to!
idk
i think all this reddit quora and tumblr "tea" disturbingly close to finding obscure hermeneutical meanings in broccoli cheese pizza. and/or taking a pizza parlour hostage bc it didn't have a basement.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The emergency alert only works on 4g and 5g phones I think.

Reading the thread in Off Topic (which I know this is) there also seems to have been a problem with some of the networks, Three and O2.
My phone is 4G and I'm not with O2 or Three.
I've been snubbed.
Sulking.
I blame the British media.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.