Harry & Meghan #317 From Invictus to Evictus

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Chris Rock also said that the Royal family created racism and colonialism.

Which is so ignorant and wrong it’s almost not worth rebutting. Americans only relate to British colonisation because that is in their history but they have no knowledge about world history.
Nouvelle-France_map-en.svg.png

Why have they all conveniently forgotten that the French were there first and the Spanish!

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Chris Rock also said that the Royal family created racism and colonialism.

Which is so ignorant and wrong it’s almost not worth rebutting. Americans only relate to British colonisation because that is in their history but they have no knowledge about world history.
It's bleeping infuriating to see Umericans do this; what about EVERY other country on Earth that participated (and still does) in slave labour? The After show was absolutely egregious and uncalled for; Chris can joke but what Yvonne Orji says is in that after show is HORRIBLE and GB News or YouTube better respond!!!

• Sick
Reactions: 34
So the King takes Frogmore off them and offers them a Buckingham palace flat :rolleyes:
The optics don't look very good, it looks like an upgrade. Which it is.
Is it true Harry write in his book: His mother spoke to him through the trees and told him, he should be king????? I just read it in a blog.
I'd not get too excited about Mummy speaking through the trees, @Bushbaby21 , as Mummy also appeared as a rubbish bin, a unicorn, a leopard and a honking sealion.
Of them all the rubbish bin was the best bet, as when the lid lifted out came wise advice of advice which the Stoat immediately forgot.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
No but every time he sees an animal , particularly any sort of big cat in Africa , it will be the reincarnation of his mother or it will be trying to tell him something important … like , Take more drugs…

There‘s something about a puma or lion that he stood “ communicating “ with , as it was his mother , whilst everyone else ran away …Obviously I don’t need to tell you the rest of the story , as you probably will know it …and that is why he only has one arm .
Haz, Next time when you run *toward* any jungle messengers you must do so with a BIG leg of lamb. Ask the Leopard or Lionthem to take you back to the Motherland. Don't be alarmed as severe blood loss is normal. Lie back and relax, you'll be with Mummy soon. 😉🦁🐆🍖

• Haha
Reactions: 24
As a British citizen I am getting more & more annoyed at him still holding CoS.
He is a self confessed drug user. He shows utter contempt for the Monarchy & has stated his dislike of the UK.

At what point does he get "sacked"? It's not good enough to say there are enough people for him to not be called upon. The point is, he COULD be called upon & that fact really, really pisses me off 😡
In her most recent video BookWorm explained that with his domicile gone, his tax status here and in the US changes. Plus he can't be a CoS whether likely to be called or not. It's an important constitutional role but it's not simple and they can't just stand down as CoS. It seems that legislation is required.

• Wow
Reactions: 24
Sorry, this is off topic but kind of relevant. I have been on DM online more recently after giving it a swerve in recent months, because I think it’s dreadful and they seem to enjoy winding up their readership, but I clicked on this article about long standing Hollywood relationships and this was one of the pictures they put up -
D17C436D-1553-4BB3-833A-3B0FFCAF1285.jpeg

Seth Rogan is not married to Charlize Theron.

The other day they wrote an article about Tom Sizemore passing away and said he starred in the film Born Killers (2004). No - he starred in a film called Natural Born Killers, which came out ten years earlier in 1994. Embarrassing.

I honestly don’t know if they do this on purpose to wind people up or if they are actually this useless, but either way, in my view it really throws into question the integrity and accuracy of their reporting, including that of the more esteemed journalists that write for their paper. Seeing as our broadcast media seem very reluctant to report and investigate the issues they would be public interest, but they are afriad to do so because they capitulate to the woke brigade, we really need good print journalism.

Anyway, I’ve said my peace. Rant over.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I think he's clearly very talented. The Office is very funny and was hugely culturally impactful and I think Afterlife is really good. It's not possible to downplay his achievements.
The only thing I didn't like was when there was a lot of footage of him in an interview with Jerry Seinfeld, and he was making the argument that you could laugh about everything, including making jokes using the N word (except he says it, repeatedly).
He asked Jerry if he had ever made a joke about it and Jerry said, very directly and sensibly, no I haven't because I'm not looking for the humour in that. Ricky just kept going and kept trying to make jokes using the word - ugh.
I don't think anyone needs to ever use that word (at least in England or Australia) or make jokes about it, it has been used in hate killings and by the KKK. There's just no need to say it. I would never say it and wouldn't tolerate it in my presence.
But then, I do think Britain seems to have become insanely woke and at least Ricky is an original voice. There doesn't seem to be many! I don't agree with everything he says (at all!) but he does seem to be reasonably authentic.
I don't want to hear that word from anyone, regardless of their color. It is a cruel, grim reminder of a terrible injustice. There are much better ways to remember man's inhumanity which ironically continues today. I do question the idea that it is an acceptable word for rappers et al and is anathema for everyone else- which I suspect is Ricky's point.
I am not surprised, Ricky Gervais has never followed the rules. To be clear I grew up when the 'n word' was not anathema, and I have never used that word. Why however, is it OK for rappers to use the n word, and for POC to use it? How black must one be for it to be acceptable? Is being 43% black enough? 10%? A non POC repeating a rap will face terrible censor unless they bleep the word. (And to be clear, I am a classical music loving curmudgeon who would rather hear someone break up concrete than listen to the irratating noise which is rap. ) So here again is another of those strange, ill defined tenets imposed as acceptable/non acceptable societal practice. So Gervais questions it through humor.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
View attachment 2006371
Why have they all conveniently forgotten that the French were there first and the Spanish!
Yep, and they forget this when referring to the Falkland Islands too. Sean Penn says ‘give it back’ [to Argentina] when technically if we had to ‘give it back’ to anyone, we would give it back to France who occupied before us, and then Spain.

• Haha
  • Wow
In her most recent video BookWorm explained that with his domicile gone, his tax status here and in the US changes. Plus he can't be a CoS whether likely to be called or not. It's not simple and they can't just stand down as CoS, as it seems that legislation is required.
You can have houses all over there world. Your "domicile" is where you spend X amount of time. In Europe, in most countries if not all, you can pay taxes in countries where you prove you spent 3 months straight. It also depends on the source of the income. Given that Aitch spent at the most 3 weeks in the UK, I don't see how not having Frogmore would change his tax status in the US. That said, looking forward for the US IRS to go through Aitch, the ILBW and Archewell finances.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Sorry, this is off topic but kind of relevant. I have been on DM online more recently after giving it a swerve in recent months, because I think it’s dreadful and they seem to enjoy winding up their readership, but I clicked on this article about long standing Hollywood relationships and this was one of the pictures they put up - View attachment 2006411
Seth Rogan is not married to Charlize Theron.

The other day they wrote an article about Tom Sizemore passing away and said he starred in the film Born Killers (2004). No - he starred in a film called Natural Born Killers, which came out ten years earlier in 1994. Embarrassing.

I honestly don’t know if they do this on purpose to wind people up or if they are actually this useless, but either way, in my view it really throws into question the integrity and accuracy of their reporting, including that of the more esteemed journalists that write for their paper. Seeing as our broadcast media seem very reluctant to report and investigate the issues they would be public interest, but they are afriad to do so because they capitulate to the woke brigade, we really need good print journalism.
They got rid of all the experienced sub-editors, that's part of the problem. Now they either don't have any or use under-qualified ones who they can pay peanuts to on zero-hours contracts. :cautious:

• Angry
Reactions: 25
At this stage, I believe that the Invictus are just waiting for the Doc to air on Netflix to make the Dimwit resign.
I really hope you are right. I’d like to think legitimate health professionals will be giving good advice to all of the charities he’s involved with and not sticking with the sycophantic BS that prevails! He probably does need help but he’s surrounded by wingnut woke warriors with more money than sense who are happy to listen to his utter drivel. He needs some genuine honest feedback but I doubt he’d listen anyway. I’m finding it hard to have any sympathy for him he’s acting like such a prick. I cannot stand him, I don’t even blame TW for everything anymore. Two festering peas in a pod they are.

• Haha
Julie Burchill’s article was excellent and I really laughed at her declaring how Sparry has been drained of his gingerness and is now beige, so true. ❤😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I really hope you are right. I’d like to think legitimate health professionals will be giving good advice to all of the charities he’s involved with and not sticking with the sycophantic BS that prevails! He probably does need help but he’s surrounded by wingnut woke warriors with more money than sense who are happy to listen to his utter drivel. He needs some genuine honest feedback but I doubt he’d listen anyway. I’m finding it hard to have any sympathy for him he’s acting like such a prick. I cannot stand him, I don’t even blame TW for everything anymore. Two festering peas in a pod they are.
BIB

Talking of Hazza's utter drivel, isn't it the Better Up thing in San Francisco this week, featuring CHIMPO as some kind of....ahem...'expert'?

More crap for us all to laugh at.

Because that's what he's reduced himself to. By completely over-egging the pudding, and not knowing when to shut the duck up - because the Great Unwashed just need The Thoughts Of Chairman Hazbo on endless repeat in their lives - he's now a figure of fun and any more 'revelations' and pronouncements will be met with increasing levels of derision and disbelief.

And he'll push back even more, and people will just point and laugh even more.

And round and round we'll go. For years, probably. Until William's on the Throne and Haz will finally be dealt with.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I find it really hard to believe that if Harry really has ADHD that it hasn’t been diagnosed until now. Surely, with all his wealth and privilege, he would have had the best medical care to identify something like that. I know a lot of people don’t get diagnosed until later in life but it seems unlikely that none of his previous therapists picked up on it. It sounds like he has had a lot of therapy, certainly a lot more that us mere mortals are afforded. Just find it odd that he’s got to 38 without anyone suggesting he be tested before now. Also, is it possible for this Mate character to make such a diagnosis in such a short ‘session’? Doesn’t seem very ethical to me. The cynic in me wonders if they haven’t trotted out this ‘diagnosis’ as a way of deflecting their recent criticism.
And I find it hard to believe that Dr. what's his nose would diagnose haz from reading a ghost written book, that seems to go against the very principles of Psychological diagnoses.

• Sick
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.