Harry & Meghan #314 OMG They Killed Their Credibility

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good point on calling out Roya. They are known now as the Queen’s reading room

---

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I knew The Dance was recorded by Garth Brooks, we have it on CD as my hubby was a C&Western fan but it's a bit too Countryfied for me that's why I prefer Westlife's version of I Will Always Love You. The Dance was actually written by Tony Arata not Garth, but Garth made it famous. I also prefer Dolly's version over Whitney's, which I also have on CD and, to complete the trio I have Leonard Cohen singing Hallelujah on CD as well. You seem to have very similar taste in music to hubby .... Leonard and Garth were his CDs and Dolly is mine.

To keep on topic I have no Beyonce CDs like The Gruesomes have, being they are such great friends of hers.
The reeks don't have friends, they have people who are useful. However the number of useful people as resources are rapidly dwindling. After hairy's campy mugging about Beyonce's alleged text on nutflix, beyonce is in the harkle who? camp.
Mostly I listen to Opera/art music, however I grew up with Country Western and Blue Grass, so I have a soft spot for Dolly Patron and other artists from that era, the new Country music-meh. Leonard Cohen and Lyle Lovett are my favorite popular musicians.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
The reeks don't have friends, they have people who are useful. However the number of useful people as resources are rapidly dwindling. After hairy's campy mugging about Beyonce's alleged text on nutflix, beyonce is in the harkle who? camp.
Mostly I listen to Opera/art music, however I grew up with Country Western and Blue Grass, so I have a soft spot for Dolly Patron and other artists from that era, the new Country music-meh. Leonard Cohen and Lyle Lovett are my favorite popular musicians.
Similar taste in music as me! Love classical but people can’t understand why you listen to it.
Love Country and some of the modern stuff is really good. Love George Strait, Garth and the Dixie Chicks

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thank you. I don't know, is the answer. So can a house cat become an outdoor cat?

The gruesomes continue to hibernate and stay quiet. They're planning something, either that or divorce proceedings are underway. 🤔
Yeah something is going on because they have never been quiet for this long before and the last time we saw anything of them together was at The Ripple of Hope Awards in December. What is interesting is that we have had no reported sightings of them together and according to Kinsey Schofield Meghan has allegedly been seen over the last couple of weeks on her own without Harry and meeting with politicians.

Reactions: 21
I'm a huge Dolly Parton fan. I went to see her live once, she was fantastic. I only like her version of 'I will always love you'. I thought Whitney's version was an absolute travesty.

I wish we could just get the Coronation over and done with. I want it to be a real British event with all the paegentry and tradition.

I don't want either harkle to get here. Perhaps they could all get the flu or something?

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I'm a huge Dolly Parton fan. I went to see her live once, she was fantastic. I only like her version of 'I will always love you'. I thought Whitney's version was an absolute travesty.

I wish we could just get the Coronation over and done with. I want it to be a real British event with all the paegentry and tradition.

I don't want either harkle to get here. Perhaps they could all get the flu or something?
Agree. Dolly's version IS the best...

• Heart
Reactions: 29
🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

I had the Pink Panther 2 playing on tv while painting, it ended and some Hallmark-ish movie started. Let me see the title 🧐 Adriana Trigliani's Very Valentine. Don't know what's going on but there's a single female so everyone wants her to not be single anymore. Something about royalty then, and then how Smegsy trapped found her prince so she should too.

The funnier bit is that the heroine has a shoe-making business 😂😂😂😂😂 Oh and the guy who looks to be the hero is a chef 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Thanks @LadyMuck 😘
On the Stoats going to the Met Gala, Anna Wintour didn't invite them last year so why would they be invited this year? This could be wishful thinking by the Ho.

Not a popular subject below but BookWorm is going to deal with it anyway, and what she is saying is factually correct.

On PA being removed from Royal Lodge by KC, Andrew has a paid for lease (75 years?) that cannot be broken unless PA breaks the terms.

HM paid a stipend of 249,000 to PA annually out of her income from the Duchy of Lancaster, now under the control of the King.
It has been said that PA's annual subsidy of 249,000 is to be cut from April.

KC receives 24 Million Pounds a year from the Duchy of Lancaster regardless, so cutting PA's annual subsidy of 249,000 from the same Duchy means this money will go in KC's pocket.
The Palace spin about slimming the Monarchy by doing this is misleading and not factually correct. Ditto other Royals.

Removing PA's annual stipend means that he will only have his Navy pension and will not be able to afford the upkeep of Royal Lodge where he has lived since 2004.

In 2016 The Sovereign Grant was increased from 15% to 25%, and is supposed to revert to 15% again in 2027. This increase was to cover the cost of repairs to Buckingham Palace. The 10% annual increase amounts to between 32 Million and 36 Million p.a. Multiply this by 10 years. Are these really the renovation costs? The building is largely empty.

There are serious concerns among BP senior aides about how things are now phrased in the media. For example the narrative that KC is slimming down the Monarchy. Other examples include KC personally intervening to divert money from wind farms to the public. Misleading.

Highgrove and Castle Mey were also mentioned as now being "warm public places" with KC helping the poor.. The reality is that KC has extended the opening hours and just thrown in a free cup of tea. The ticket prices are the same but more money is being generated by the extra hours open. Misleading.

BookWorm's source asked for clarity from BP but was told to "let it go". Aides are worried about these new media PR tactics and Hollywood gaslighting that reek of media hype. This will lead to a breakdown of trust in the Monarchy and give ammunition to those who want to damage it. All warnings have fallen on deaf ears.
ENDS
If PA's stipend is cut in April he won't be able to afford the upkeep of Royal Lodge. The upkeep and maintenance will be part of the Lease Agreement that PA has. If he can't afford it, he will be in breach of the terms of his Lease and could be forced to leave.

Apparently HM made plans to look after PA so why might he have to rely on his Navy pension? Did he spend it on paying VG? If so he's toast.

October 2022. What has happened in the interim?
"According to The Mirror‘s editor Russell Myers, the prince “won’t be getting kicked out” of his Royal Lodge home as Charles has no power to do so per the plans Queen Elizabeth set in stone before she died. Myers also claimed that the late queen left her second-oldest son a nice fortune to ensure that he would be taken care of after she was gone."

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
I need to stop listening to bookworm for a while. I really think she is not ok and I am sorry about it, but this new K character... Jeez. All the world needs is another anonymous conspiracy mate. I don't know why she is obsessed with Republicans. Seriously. Politics - and apparently economics and corporate policy - not her forte.

I really cringe when anti Harkles people sound as crazy as the sugars. But I guess as we grow more and more (finally) this is bound to happen.

Reactions: 21
The Dance was written and beautifully recorded by Garth Brooks, although I am sure he is happy about the royalties generated by a new recording. I remember Dolly Parton laughinglying thanking Whitney Houston for recording I'll always love you; I must say I preferred the simplicity and vulnerable emotional version by Dolly over the powerhouse version by Whitney, but both were wonderful.

Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah keeps getting recorded by other artists, but no one performs it like Cohen. My favorite version is his Live from London version, performed late in life- makes me cry evertime. Backstory, after his financial manager(?) basically stole all his money, Cohen went back on the road with really good musicians, extrodinary backup singers and his signature fedora. BTW Smeagol, that's how one wears a fedora!!!

Leonard......Thank you so much for this Knoddle ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ 🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼🎼
My favourite is Live in San Sebastian.

Reactions: 15
Your right. Rather than upset Randy Andy and Harold, he extended the pool of royals to be called upon, if needed and therefore pushed the need for those two to be called upon way down, to almost never going to need them.
BIB
"....almost never going to need them."

"Almost never".....Not good enough. The Stoat should have been removed from the CoS pool. He shouldn't be domiciled in the UK under cover of a lease while he snipes at his homeland and endangers our security from far away. He's unhinged and a drugged up fantasist, but KC sees fit to keep him on in this noble and ancient role of adviser to the King.
Ship of fools.

• Sick
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.