Harry & Meghan #269 When will Charles put an end to this crap? The ginger whinger and his penis fly trap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Out of interest...

Who has been asked "where are you from?"
Yes, my husband is from eastern Europe and always gets asked because he has an accent. it seems to be the first question that leaps to some peoples mind not because theyre racist but because they simply are curious. He just gives random answers about where he’s actually from.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
So The Prince’s Trust actually makes differences in people’s lives and highlights ordinary people doing extraordinary things. Not celebrities, but everyday people. Lovely, just lovely.

I am from the north. My ex-husband was from the Deep South and his grandmother had lived her whole life in a town so small that it was little more than a train stop and a gas station. I am of Southern and Eastern European descent (2nd Generation on both sides) I look pretty Italian and may have had a bit of a NY/NJ accent at the time. When describing me to her daughter she said “I’m not sure what she is but she’s something ‘furrin’ (foreign)” It wasn’t meant maliciously and has become a family joke.

If she was so offended by this (and remember, we only have one side of the conversation recounted in the most damning way possible) The correct thing would have been to address it with Lady Susan first, not immediately take to social media. Unless of course, you have no interest in actually fixing anything. Amazing how those with nothing but a hammer always find nails everywhere.

If she finds the BRF so choked with structural racism, then she free to not accept any invites or money from them or their trusts.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
How can you accept an award for tackling your husband’s family’s racism when your husband is the only person in that family that called his peer and paki and dressed up as a nazi !! What he did was blatantly worse than this old woman .

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Sorry to jump in after a hiatus from H&M threads.
I just feel this story has come at an all too convenient time, and just so happens to back up why H&M are getting an award- an award they were being criticised for accepting? I mean really? Sorry but it’s all too convenient.
If that conversation happened then that is obviously not right and no one should be subjected repeatedly to questioning that makes them feel uncomfortable, however I have met Ngozi in a professional setting and well, her conduct was not professional or appropriate so having experienced that I can’t help but take whatever she says with a heavy pinch of salt.
Tell us more? 😏

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I just feel this story has come at an all too convenient time, and just so happens to back up why H&M are getting an award- an award they were being criticised for accepting? I mean really? Sorry but it’s all too convenient.
If that conversation happened then that is obviously not right and no one should be subjected repeatedly to questioning that makes them feel uncomfortable, however I have met Ngozi in a professional setting and well, her conduct was not professional or appropriate so having experienced that I can’t help but take whatever she says with a heavy pinch of salt.
after seeing the little clip on the news tonight I got bad vibes then seeing her pal doing the rounds on other channels O would say there is more to this than meets the eye and i.m.o. is deffo been a set up

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
me plenty times
Me too, constantly...white, grew up in Scotland, also lived abroad but now live in England. I've been asked where I'm from, which team I support Rangers or Celtic (them trying to find out if I'm Protestant or Catholic), do I vote for/support SNP, what's my opinion on Sturgeon!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Thanks for new thread! Brilliant title how did I miss that suggestion😂

Happy Birthday @Nuttynana

Happy St Andrews day 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

And of course it was Williams godparent that made those comments🙄… just as they head to Boston… just as the harkles are getting an award for standing up to the “racist” RF … there is a whiff of markle about all this

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
I think someone needs to ask Archie where he’s from, cos no bugger seems to know

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
How can you accept an award for tackling your husband’s family’s racism when your husband is the only person in that family that called his peer and paki and dressed up as a nazi !! What he did was blatantly worse than this old woman .
Of course.
Hypocritical cunts , just out to cause trouble.
None of them are worth a light.
All shits.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Out of interest...

My husband gets asked practically every time we go into town shopping.

"American or Canadian?"

And when he says the former, we usually get told all about their Fly-Drive to Florida 10 years ago. :p

Occasionally he gets a bit of anti-American stuff hurled at him, but thankfully it's rare. Most people are just curious when they hear the accent.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
You're right. This whole thing is the opening of a bad joke. "A hypersensitive grifter walks into the palace..." I wonder if THAT's ever happened before!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Out of interest...

Me. All of the time. Latest was on Tuesday afternoon. I had a lovely chat with a woman who was picking up rubbish to put in a bin on the street. (I felt a bit guilty that I didn't think to do that myself.) We chatted about my home town, my accent and the importance of girls' education, particularly in developing countries. A good time was had by both.

And I admit that people's origins are a particular interest of mine, along with their names. I'm not racist; I'm curious about other people.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Me too, constantly...white, grew up in Scotland, also lived abroad but now live in England. I've been asked where I'm from, which team I support Rangers or Celtic (them trying to find out if I'm Protestant or Catholic), do I vote for/support SNP, what's my opinion on Sturgeon!
yip I here you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Wow, tell us more, please!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Just copied this extract of the conversation from BBC news,
Here is the full conversation, as recounted by Ms Fulani:
Lady SH: Where are you from?
Me: Sistah Space.
SH: No, where do you come from?
Me: We're based in Hackney.
SH: No, what part of Africa are you from?
Me: I don't know, they didn't leave any records.
SH: Well, you must know where you're from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?
Me: Here, the UK.
SH: No, but what nationality are you?
Me: I am born here and am British.
SH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?
Me: 'My people', lady, what is this?
SH: Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you're from. further When did you first come here?
Me: Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50s when...
SH: Oh, I knew we'd get there in the end, you're Caribbean!
Me: No lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.
SH: Oh so you're from...

Might I also add whether, as the charity states that it focuses on reaching those women especially from African & Caribbean heritage that Lady SH might have been referring to which of these heritages Ms Fulani descended from?

I think she, Lady SH, has been doing this mingling gig far too long so her only reasoning was to genuinely try and show a deeper interest in the charities foundation and roots.

I'll be honest I'm treading on eggshells for fear of using the wrong word for fear of not being up to speed on the most pc phrasing!
I feel like Fulani clearly understood that SH was asking about her heritage, but didn't want to answer. I am curious why she didn't say something like oh I'm live in X now but I was born and raised in Y, my parents came to Britain from Z in the 50s. That would have answered the question and provided topics for further discussion. I think having different ethnicities and heritages is something to be proud of and something one might happily share with others. Maybe I'm just not understanding something.

I'm terribly sorry if my comment offends anyone, that is not my intention.

• Heart
Reactions: 87
Me. All of the time. Latest was on Tuesday afternoon. I had a lovely chat with a woman who was picking up rubbish to put in a bin on the street. (I felt a bit guilty that I didn't think to do that myself.) We chatted about my home town, my accent and the importance of girls' education, particularly in developing countries. A good time was had by both.

And I admit that people's origins are a particular interest of mine, along with their names. I'm not racist; I'm curious about other people.
I think it’s about picking up on the vibes. Some people are happy to talk about their background/ethnicity and some are not. The woman at the Palace clearly was not. Unfortunately, maybe because of her age, Lady Susan just didn’t pick up on this and change the subject. She kept on digging. Hence it turned into an “issue.” Yes the woman may have milked it but Lady Susan did provide her with the ammunition. I think the Palace have handled the fall out well though so hopefully it won’t gain much more traction.

Reactions: 30
Out of interest...

Me. Plenty of times. I'm not English, have lived here (UK) for a long time, still have a bit of an accent - but it's not one usually associated with the country I'm from. Actually - I was at a Post Office yesterday, chatting to the staff, and got asked by another customer about Rugby on Saturday (he assumed I was from SA, I'm not 😂). No offence whatsoever, we joked about it.
In the past I was asked about my slightly slanty eyes, which - again - would suggest a past interaction in the family with someone of clearly not quite European background - my own husband jokes I have some Genghis Khan genes in me from many generations back...and is probably right, although no record exists, but those features run through the family.

And yes - I'm really really fuming about the RF cowering to this. Lady SH is 83 FFS, pretty sure she is polite to a fault, and was just trying to make small talk...the 'victim' not only claims she was left "stunned speechless" (shame it wasn't for a lot longer...), and says it was a trauma. Considering what the occasion was in the first place, talking of this 'incident' as a major trauma takes away from the real trauma abuse against women causes. Lady SH is from a different era, and anybody with half a brain wouldn't have thought for a second that pushing your hair away to see the badge is anything more than it is - however 'not on' it might seem to people nowadays. Unless, of course, you were hell-bent on using this occasion as a stick to beat the RF with, because, you know....you really dislike them deep down, and only went there to see if you could take an offence in one way or another....

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.