Harry & Meghan #269 When will Charles put an end to this crap? The ginger whinger and his penis fly trap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have never expected deference from anyone so rather resented being told what I expect and what I think by someone who knows nothing about me just because I‘m middle class. So rather than get into an argument I just decided to make a joke out of it. I apologise if it offended you.

Absolutely @Nuttynana. You rule 👸
No, I should apologise to you. I'm overreacting. And @Nuttynana does rule ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I am white and i am asked all the time where I am from because of my accent.

My kids are mixed race and when they are asked where they are from, they say where they are from, but will always add, I am half 'this' (my heritage) and half 'that', (my husbands heritage). They are very proud of both heritages, its not such a big deal.

And to be fair, having seen some photos now, she is dressed in what looks like a very traditional outfit, irrespective of what colour her skin is, I understand now why she would have asked her where she was from, what her heritage is, Hackney doesn't really make sense in that case, so I can clearly see why the old lady was bemused by the answer.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Out of interest...

Who has been asked "where are you from?"
Me, more times than I care to remember, and I'm sick of it. I was born and brought up here, identify as British, sound British - so why isn't that enough? I'm asked this question because I'm not white and look racially ambiguous.

Also, being asked 'where are you from' is different from people wanting to know what your ethnic origin is, because they're nosy and all they see is your race. I'm happy to talk about my beloved hometown if I'm asked where I'm from, but of course, that's not what most people mean when they ask me that question.

Also, I am not 'exotic'. I love Chat magazine, Eccles cakes, and Iceland, Waitrose and Poundland all equally, so anyone calling me exotic can duck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Just copied this extract of the conversation from BBC news,
Here is the full conversation, as recounted by Ms Fulani:
Lady SH: Where are you from?
Me: Sistah Space.
SH: No, where do you come from?
Me: We're based in Hackney.
SH: No, what part of Africa are you from?
Me: I don't know, they didn't leave any records.
SH: Well, you must know where you're from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?
Me: Here, the UK.
SH: No, but what nationality are you?
Me: I am born here and am British.
SH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?
Me: 'My people', lady, what is this?
SH: Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you're from. When did you first come here?
Me: Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50s when...
SH: Oh, I knew we'd get there in the end, you're Caribbean!
Me: No lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.
SH: Oh so you're from...

Might I also add whether, as the charity states that it focuses on reaching those women especially from African & Caribbean heritage that Lady SH might have been referring to which of these heritages Ms Fulani descended from?

I think she, Lady SH, has been doing this mingling gig far too long so her only reasoning was to genuinely try and show a deeper interest in the charities foundation and roots.

I'll be honest I'm treading on eggshells for fear of using the wrong word for fear of not being up to speed on the most pc phrasing!

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Apparantley a black abuse social worker was asked by Lady Susan Hussey at some gathering Camilla was heading... now Lady S has resigned and so she should.She has been around long enough to have learned palace etiquette.
I’m a bit alarmed that a woman who works with domestic violence victims, read into Meghan’s claims (which in my opinion were largely fictitious) that she too was a victim of domestic violence at the hands of the RF.
That without any proof is a very bold and very reckless assertion to make. Isn’t this trivialising the issue of domestic violence?

This woman is clearly biased and should never have accepted that invitation if she harboured any ill feeling towards her hosts. Lets see what comes out in the wash, but I suspect this woman has opened a can of worms with her own unprofessional conduct online, which would bring her own charity into disrepute. Should have stayed at home and watched Eastenders luv!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 83
Me, more times than I care to remember, and I'm sick of it. I was born and brought up here, identify as British, sound British - so why isn't that enough? I'm asked this question because I'm not white and look racially ambiguous.

Also, being asked 'where are you from' is different from people wanting to know what your ethnic origin is, because they're nosy and all they see is your race. I'm happy to talk about my beloved hometown if I'm asked where I'm from, but of course, that's not what most people mean when they ask me that question.

Also, I am not 'exotic'. I love Chat magazine, Eccles cakes, and Iceland, Waitrose and Poundland all equally, so anyone calling me exotic can duck off.
Calm down probably people that ask are either making polite conversation or are genuinely interested but isn't it nice to be interesting? or would you rather be ignored.

Very tetchy on here today such a shame we don't normally have these problems.

I would be happy to be asked where I am from England/Scotland/Italy, what's wrong with that doesn't offend me if I am black or white!

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I really feel for PW, just about to do his Earthshot, something he truly believes in and works hard for. I hope the event goes spectacularly and that him and Catherine get a very warm reception.
There are an awful lot of us Americans who are totally doofy when it comes to the RF - we love them, admire the work they do. I have no doubt they will get a very warm reception. They've already been on the morning news channels with the talking heads updating that W&K were arriving in Boston today and would spend the next three days, blah, blah, blah, so we're all looking forward to their visit.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Calm down probably people that ask are either making polite conversation or are genuinely interested but isn't it nice to be interesting? or would you rather be ignored.

Very tetchy on here today such a shame we don't normally have these problems.

I would be happy to be asked where I am from England/Scotland/Italy, what's wrong with that doesn't offend me if I am black or white!
I think me sounding like a female Noddy Holder says it all pmsl..

Have you had a nice birthday? Xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Kate Moss isn't happy

I'm sorry but I'm sick of those bleeping co ordinated campaign by the Reeks to attack TRF. Destroy them now or you deserve what they're doing

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
It's the sort of conniving thing the bleep would do.
She must live every day of her life eaten up by bitterness 😆😆😆😆😆

...... I see the old jailbird has been wheeled out to appear 😅😅😅

None of it fools me, dear

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Just re checked NF new listings for December and they have some wonderful titles - any of which could be deemed appropriate for the whinge fest that is the Harkles

• Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper (2004) – Animated special based on the Mark Twain novel.
  • Dead End (Season 1) Netflix Original – Polish thriller that sees a group of civilians accidentally switch cars with a bank robber, who now pursues them to retrieve the money he left in the
    The Masked Scammer (2022) Netflix Original
  • Troll (2022
  • Supermodel Me: Revolution (Season 1)
  • The Marriage App (2022) Netflix Original
  • Far From Home (Season 1) Netflix Original

and my fav choice

Treason (Limited Series) Netflix Original

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Sorry to jump in after a hiatus from H&M threads.
I just feel this story has come at an all too convenient time, and just so happens to back up why H&M are getting an award- an award they were being criticised for accepting? I mean really? Sorry but it’s all too convenient.
If that conversation happened then that is obviously not right and no one should be subjected repeatedly to questioning that makes them feel uncomfortable, however I have met Ngozi in a professional setting and well, her conduct was not professional or appropriate so having experienced that I can’t help but take whatever she says with a heavy pinch of salt.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 107
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.