Harry & Meghan #269 When will Charles put an end to this crap? The ginger whinger and his penis fly trap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to volunteer at my cathedral. During a ticketed event, one of the other volunteers who had been there for 20 years, asked the visitor waiting next in line for her ‘Christian’ name. I was born in 1983 and remember ‘christian name’ commonly being used, and later outmoded and replaced with forename. The women she asked hit the the roof, going on about this being racist and prejudiced. Look around you luv. You’re in a bleeping cathedral!!! A lot of the volunteers are of an age and are Christians. Take that on board.
Had this person been reasonable and socially sophisticated, she could have asked herself - ‘well, I am in a cathedral, speaking no doubt to a lady of the Christian faith, who looks to be in her advanced ages. There’s no need to take offence in that. There is no malice or malicious intent behind it.’

This thing of feigning outrage and acting like a victim of some oppressive sinister regime is really weaselly and obnoxious. I have no time for it.
This woman went to that palace hoping to encounter some slight so she could rush to social media and tell her tall tale from her POV. She has jeopardised the integrity of her charity for this.
Is there any particular reason why she couldn’t have realised what this lady was getting at (in a rather clumsy way) regarding her ethnic origin and been the better person and just answered the question.
Also, replying to someone as ‘woman’ is pretty aggressive and doesn’t seem like the mark of a particularly polite person. She shouldn’t be acting like she has the moral high ground here. It sounds like a conversation of two women who are socially inept.

Here people ask for your 'caste' (surname). An issue because of casteism - it's really, really bad. I know there's no reasoning with some people, so generally I just tend to reply with 'my surname is ___'. Some correct themselves, some argue.

Some then proceed to ask about my actual caste. I normally reply that I don't know (unless in the context of groom-hunting - then one has to tell 🙄). Then they ask about sub-caste and gotra and God knows what else. All of this stuff is determined by the paternal grandfather, and bless his soul, even though mine was a bit of a snob, he at least absolutely refused to discuss this stuff so we don't actually know all of these details 😂 My dad's sister probably knows since her daughters are married (at least one had a caste conversion ceremony 🙄🙄), but I have zero interest in finding out. So I just say I don't know, and I suppose I can quote a cool Bollywood dialogue now that grandfather has passed - he'll be proud of me 😂 (the dialogue is - 'yeh raaz bhi unke saath chala gaya'. Transl: This secret has been buried with him)

It's annoying, feels intrusive, and most of all, it upsets me because I am sensitive towards the fact that deciding how to treat someone on the basis of this social construct called caste is just not done.

But then like you said, I have to remember that many people just don't realise that there's a difference between caste and surname, and in some cases, there actually isn't one. It's a language issue, it's 'just a routine question' issue, it's a 'this is how everyone talks' issue.

There's no call to create a scene over it, especially without giving the other person to correct themselves/apologise or even refuse to apologise.

Maybe Lady SH should have stopped when Fulani wasn't being forthcoming, maybe she should have just said oh sorry and moved on. But then we actually don't know how the conversation really went. And watching that clip someone posted, it was clearly quite noisy and maybe Lady SH missed the undercurrent. Even if Fulani didn't want to confront or educate her, which is fair enough, she could have just ended the conversation and later informed someone at the palace and given Lady SH a chance to maybe apologise, instead of taking the matter to the internet, especially when she supposedly knows better than many how sensitive racial matters can be.

But of course she couldn't do that. Pretty sure Smegs set this up to kill two birds - racist BRF, and revenge on Lady SH for daring to try to teach her something/advising against doing something/just for being a woman in a helping role (she allegedly hated women staff).

I just finished watching the last few scenes of a movie about Kashmir, terrorism and the delicate Hindu-Muslim relations in India. Have seen the movie so many times (released when I was in school), but it still hits me pretty hard every time. There's so much strife in the world. Why do people like Smegs and this person keep adding to it? I know it's for money and power, but still, why?!

My migraine is worsening. Way to start my birthday month. Why, December?! 😭

Catherine is looking so smart and soft and warm and professional though - I feel like a kid wanting a cuddle! 🤭♥

• Heart
Reactions: 49
In the video I saw where she is with Camila, the headband under her hair looked like it had the colours of Africa? I'm not 100% sure though.

Reactions: 22
Dan talking about ngozi email/twitter saying smeg was victim of dv from her in laws.

Dan talking about context, unlike other msm he says.

Did this woman go to the palace with an agenda
Or did she go to an international reception, which included African delegates, wearing African dress?
And then complain about being asked if she is African.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
PDina has posted her video about the Indianapolis Event and she didn't even get a seat at a table in fact she didn't even get into the event which seems really strange that they wouldn't sell individual tickets and the fans at the beginning really are brainwashed by Meghan saying that she is great etc.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
As a scot living in London I get asked A LOT where I am from and sometimes not even asked but assumed I am from Ireland, I don't care, but I won't sit here and say its the same as black people being asked on the assumption they aren't British, I get that must get tiresome. HOWEVER, in every walk of life, every ethnicity every religion there are people like this Ngozi who are out just literally looking for things to be offended by, they are professional victims who just seem to get off on the attention their "victimhood" gives them, I just don't get why she had to go about it the way she did, id understand it better if it had been a young royal like Kate, Beatrice, Eugenie etc, but the woman is in her 80s ffs.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Lady Hussey served the RF for 60 years, unpaid. I'm having thoughts of 'should they have been so quick to dismiss her'. But then think they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Oh H, why didn't you heed W, KC and your uncle's advice and not rush into it

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Out of interest...

Who has been asked "where are you from?"
Does this count? I have been living in California since 1975. I know I don't sound like some of the born natives and have a pretty neutral accent, but every once in a great while, some of my New York slips out and I am asked by someone with an astute ear if that is where I am from. My reply is to put on a full out New Yawk accent of dees, dems and dose and tell them to fageddaabout it or they will be sleepin' with the fishes!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Just copied this extract of the conversation from BBC news,
Here is the full conversation, as recounted by Ms Fulani:
Lady SH: Where are you from?
Me: Sistah Space.
SH: No, where do you come from?
Me: We're based in Hackney.
SH: No, what part of Africa are you from?
Me: I don't know, they didn't leave any records.
SH: Well, you must know where you're from, I spent time in France. Where are you from?
Me: Here, the UK.
SH: No, but what nationality are you?
Me: I am born here and am British.
SH: No, but where do you really come from, where do your people come from?
Me: 'My people', lady, what is this?
SH: Oh I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you're from. When did you first come here?
Me: Lady! I am a British national, my parents came here in the 50s when...
SH: Oh, I knew we'd get there in the end, you're Caribbean!
Me: No lady, I am of African heritage, Caribbean descent and British nationality.
SH: Oh so you're from...

Might I also add whether, as the charity states that it focuses on reaching those women especially from African & Caribbean heritage that Lady SH might have been referring to which of these heritages Ms Fulani descended from?

I think she, Lady SH, has been doing this mingling gig far too long so her only reasoning was to genuinely try and show a deeper interest in the charities foundation and roots.

I'll be honest I'm treading on eggshells for fear of using the wrong word for fear of not being up to speed on the most pc phrasing!
No sorry, I think however anyone tries to dress this up it's AWFUL. And the fact the lady she was speaking to was clearly uncomfortable and yet she kept on. It's just embarrassing and downright rude

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
It's a UK charity that provides services for people of that background in the UK.
So it is a discriminating charity? isn’t that rather bigoted when you are providing a service base on someone’s ethnicity?

Reactions: 29
Oh please there's no such thing!
Verbal abuse. Whether it's curse words, taunting, snide comments that break one down, gaslighting, stalking and other forms of emotional abuse.. said at a low volume or shouted. All of this counts as violence. Our law considers spousal nagging as violence or at least cruelty as well. My parents and I have had a lifetime of this stuff. Definitely feels violent.

In this case though this is an exaggeration. But then we would be told that no one else is allowed to decide how she felt 🤷

• Wow
Reactions: 18
That woman is making me scream!! She needs to make her mind up - does she want to work to end violence against women or does she want to promote critical race theory. Because she can't do both, especially when she talks about 'non physical violence'. There wasn't any violence, non physical or otherwise. She was talking to an 83 year old woman. No violence is happening there. Unless the stupid woman wants to devalue and undermine what violence is, in which case why is she working for a domestic violence charity? Grrrh 🐯.
I'm going offline. I've been twitchy and snippy all day. I'm going to sleep and hope to wake to a better mood tomorrow. Sleep well all.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Lady Hussey served the RF for 60 years, unpaid. I'm having thoughts of 'should they have been so quick to dismiss her'. But then think they're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Oh H, why didn't you heed W, KC and your uncle's advice and not rush into it
I blame Andy Cole!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
If that alleged conversation happened the way it did. It was tactless, but I would hesitate to call it racist without knowing the full story and hearing the other side. When someone looks different to you, it’s a curiosity thing to want to know their background. But there are ways to ask without causing offence. It’s too easy to destroy peoples lives these days by using charged words like racism without knowing intent and context which really do matter. Especially if these things are made public with people just leaping on a side without looking further.

Reactions: 30
Samantha Markle on gb news now, after the break, talking about how Americans are re W and C, and no doubt about her sister!

Reactions: 23
No sorry, I think however anyone tries to dress this up it's AWFUL. And the fact the lady she was speaking to was clearly uncomfortable and yet she kept on. It's just embarrassing and downright rude
But you only have one person’s side of this conversation; a person who clearly had an agenda to cause a furore today of all days.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.