Harry & Meghan #268 ArcheSayonara….I’m too big-headed for a Tiara

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The charity is allowed to decide where you are from of course -
" Sistah Space advocate for African heritage women and girls of African and Caribbean heritage affected by abuse. We offer one to one or group support We attend court, housing and other relevant agencies where support might be required. We host & attend events to deliver diversity training to individuals & organisations with a DV remit. Charity shop for DV survivors to access necessities"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
The charity is allowed to decide where you are from of course -
" Sistah Space advocate for African heritage women and girls of African and Caribbean heritage affected by abuse. We offer one to one or group support We attend court, housing and other relevant agencies where support might be required. We host & attend events to deliver diversity training to individuals & organisations with a DV remit. Charity shop for DV survivors to access necessities"
LOL...

"We host & attend events to deliver diversity training "

Who would have guessed...

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Lady Susan was married to Marmaduke Hussey, former chairman of the BBC. He was always known as Dukie, and I had the pleasure of working with him many years ago. He lost a leg in the war, went on to become editor of The Times and then the Beeb. Lovely man. Very well-connected couple.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
It isn't about being British.
It's a short-hand way of asking who you know.
It's no different to asking what university you went to.

But for whatever reason some committee somewhere decided it was racist - and thus it is.
And people have been conditioned to think it is.
I’m sorry I have to disagree with you there. When you have a white person and a black person standing side by side and only the black person gets asked where they’re from then yes that is racist. It may be unconsciously so on the part of the person who is asking. But it IS racist. In the situations I’ve personally experienced with my friend the questioning had nothing to do with who we did or didn’t know. It was simply down to colour of skin. I’m not British but I’m white and speak with a British accent so I don’t get asked where I’m from. My black friend IS British yet she frequently gets asked where she’s from. The underlying cause is really pretty obvious. People may not mean any harm by it but I can fully understand how irritating it must be to black people.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Lady Susan was married to Marmaduke Hussey, former chairman of the BBC. He was always known as Dukie, and I had the pleasure of working with him many years ago. He lost a leg in the war, went on to become editor of The Times and then the Beeb. Lovely man. Very well-connected couple.
is this the chairman who was portrayed in a Crown episode ?

Reactions: 13
I’m sorry I have to disagree with you there. When you have a white person and a black person standing side by side and only the black person gets asked where they’re from then yes that is racist. It may be unconsciously so on the part of the person who is asking. But it IS racist. In the situations I’ve personally experienced with my friend the questioning had nothing to do with who we did or didn’t know. It was simply down to colour of skin. I’m not British but I’m white and speak with a British accent so I don’t get asked where I’m from. My black friend IS British yes she frequently gets asked where she’s from. The underlying cause is really pretty obvious.
But does that mean it's asked with malevolent purpose, or is it simply a way of making conversation? Kenya, oh yes, we lived there for years.... More interesting than Hackney!!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
of course you may be right it depends on who all heard truthfully what was said,
To be honest, does Lady Hussey have 100% hearing and vision as I think the fact that Ngozi Fulani was dressed head to toe in African dress confused the elderly woman somewhat. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I’m sorry I have to disagree with you there. When you have a white person and a black person standing side by side and only the black person gets asked where they’re from then yes that is racist. It may be unconsciously so on the part of the person who is asking. But it IS racist. In the situations I’ve personally experienced with my friend the questioning had nothing to do with who we did or didn’t know. It was simply down to colour of skin. I’m not British but I’m white and speak with a British accent so I don’t get asked where I’m from. My black friend IS British yes she frequently gets asked where she’s from. The underlying cause is really pretty obvious.
There's no need to apologise.

Let me ask you question, when you say you have a British accent, what accent is it?
And this black friend of yours what accent do they have?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ah fans. The old show I've been watching, celebrity fans being creepy ....it's like I'm back in college! 😂

As I've mentioned before, I used to be member of a celebrity forum a decade or so ago, and it was absolutely crazy. Crossing the line into psychotic-erotic fanfiction about their favourite celebrities, doxing, death threats to other members over liking their favourite's 'rival', spending crazy amounts of money sending what were some really creepy gifts to their favourites - I remember one actor got so freaked out over some very creepy stuff someone said to him on Twitter that he refused to respond to any messages for a while.

Some male celebrities' wives were on the website too - just to keep in touch or manage their spouse's profile since all of them couldn't afford staff to do it. One was harassed so badly by her husband's fans and cursed and told she should die, just because the fans wanted him for themselves.

Even had someone pose as a journalist and get access to a guy's bedroom. Another got friendly with an actor's actor ex who wanted him back (she'd cheated on him to get better opportunities, but still failed), so she briefed the fan about his house's layout, intimate descriptions etc. Very Waleses' kitchen in Funding Fuckdom. The fan told other fans, and then multiple attempts were made to break into his place.

I made some good lifelong friends on there too, including a celebrity, but mostly it was horrible.

So yeah, can very well believe that the Gruesomes' fans would be doing the photo by bedside thing - many of the fans on that website did it too.

ETA: Most of these people weren't paid/didn't earn anything from their crazy behaviour, though later some of them started exploiting the whole situation and their own position amongst the fans. This was pure fanaticism.
It is the fact they are framed. MAYBE a photo of themselves in amongst any welcome packs etc, but it’s the fact it is framed.
I did see The Body Language Guy show a tweet from shouty Shola from April which had Edward and Sophie gifting a framed photo. I don’t know is a thing the royals do, but it’s a bit weird tbh.
That zoom in lens of her at the Polo is a bit random as well. Why not a proper portrait photo if she really must. Also, it confirms that the photos at the polo were set up by her and she owns the copyright to them for her to now be distributing them at this event.

Reactions: 16
If I ever meet the royals, I am going in with duct tape over my mouth and plugs in my ears. It's the only way to be safe!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m sorry I have to disagree with you there. When you have a white person and a black person standing side by side and only the black person gets asked where they’re from then yes that is racist. It may be unconsciously so on the part of the person who is asking. But it IS racist. In the situations I’ve personally experienced with my friend the questioning had nothing to do with who we did or didn’t know. It was simply down to colour of skin. I’m not British but I’m white and speak with a British accent so I don’t get asked where I’m from. My black friend IS British yet she frequently gets asked where she’s from. The underlying cause is really pretty obvious. People may not mean any harm by it but I can fully understand how irritating it must be to black people.
She wasn't the only one asked. Lady Susan said her people were French.... She was asking where this woman's people were from. The charity she runs is for people from Africa and the Caribbean....is the charity racist because of that????

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm feeling a bit confused, for the lack of a better word (thanks, brain fog!). On the one hand, I can see where Lady Susan Hussey might have just been curious and maybe just chose her words poorly, but on the other I can also see where she might have been offensive.

I come from a culture where asking where someone is from is a very routine, natural thing - considering how vast my country is and how much diversity we have in terms of regions, religions, languages, customs etc. This is something that is reflected in countries like the UK where there's a massive influx of people from all places and cultures. And yes, we sometimes end up realising that the world is a much smaller place than we had thought, or we make it into a smaller place by forging connections. For example, it was only a couple of years ago that we realised that our family doctor's wife is our relative, since she belongs to the same village as my great-grandparents (could be blood relative, otherwise also we consider someone from the same village a relative - more likely than not that we share ancestors). How do we know? They shared something, we asked where she was from, and it went from there.

On the other hand, there can be a negative element to this curiosity, since many tend to discriminate based on those same parameters too.

But still our natural instinct is to ask and share these details, even to the point of being extremely intrusive at times (and now it's dangerous too, with the current obsession with being 'pure' Indians - doubt there are any with all the conquerors and settlers 🤷).

Then I place myself, as a person of colour elsewhere, in that situation. Someone who has encountered racism before, or knows someone who has, or has just read the news at any point, would be quite wary and take such questioning as racist. Someone who's taking the interaction at face value might not. Also, someone who's been prepped to expect that a certain person (or in this case, an institution) might be racist would find racism in everything they said and did.

Basically, ultimately, it all boils down to intention which sets the tone, the words, and the personal bias (in the most neutral sense of the word) of the recipient. Message encoding and decoding - communication 101.

But also, I've met/observed IRL certain European diplomats who should have known better but still didn't even bother to hide their disdain for <insert racist descriptors for Indians/Asians>. So 🤷

The timing and the connections in this case though make the whole thing quite sus. Very likely that Lady Hussey didn't even say 'really from', which is usually misconstrued as the truly offensive part, but the BRF know that this won't go away and no defense would be accepted. Hence the rapid, and PR-wise smart, response. The damage is done though.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
But does that mean it's asked with malevolent purpose, or is it simply a way of making conversation? Kenya, oh yes, we lived there for years.... More interesting than Hackney!!
Yes, like I said in my post, the person asking may not mean to be racist but, nevertheless, asking a black person with a British accent where they’re from just makes them feel like they are not seen as properly British and that can be upsetting and insulting. I just think it’s better not to go there. If the black person initiates the discussion by mentioning in conversation that their parents or grandparents etc were from Africa or The West Indies etc then it’s fine to discuss it. But a white person asking a British black person where they’re from is frequently not going to go down well.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It's the top story on most of the news channels. But why wasn't the attacks on the Cambridge kids also in the news when they happened.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I hate to be that person but this also shows that the Palace just googled organisations and invited everyone without background checks.

This woman uses her account with the same name as her organisation to spew hate towards the BRF.

How did they miss this?

300 people were invited. Okay, but still.

This person was in the vicinity of the Queen.

1669827011583.png

A simple internet search would have shown them not to invite her.

Next up. Peg will be donating money to them or try to do something with them to get attention and praise.

On the Archie pic, that's a bad screen shot to begin with. It kind of looks like she took a picture of the computer screen with her camera instead of taking a screen shot with the "print screen" button, hence the glare. Plus Meg probably has some kind of filter going on top of that. So it's hard to say what his real hair color is underneath all that, though it does appear to at least have some red undertones here.

Ohhh, I see...

Although, I always have a suspicion that they photoshop his hair too red for some reason. Even Harry wasn't THAT red when he was so little. He was strawberry blonde, I think? Pictures really do deceive when it comes to colour:

1669826855362.png

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.