Harry & Meghan #268 ArcheSayonara….I’m too big-headed for a Tiara

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You've just said your accent is middle class... and presumably since you say her accent is PR too, then she is middle class.
And now you are going to pretend that the middle class don't expect deference.
How very PLU.
Pass the fish knives Norman...
Well I am middle class and I don’t expect deference. So yes I am going to say that. I don’t know what PLU means. Also may I ask what has happened to you that you have such a negative view of middle class people. Some of us are actually nice. And we NEVER use fish knives. 😱😂

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Umm no, how is asking "where are you from" and then badgering then to divulge their ethnic origin the same as asking someone which university they went to? That part of the conversation should have ended when she said she was from London.

I have no idea if she's exaggerating what happened, but it's unacceptable to be harangued into answering where you are from, if the person asking won't accept your first answer.

I'm racially ambiguous, not white, have very few links to my country of racial origin, am British born and raised, identify as British, and always dread the 'where are you from' question. A white person with a British accent wouldn't be asked this question, so why am I? It invalidates my entire upbringing and history, and makes me feel like an alien and not accepted.

I do give a pass to elderly people asking me this question, however. And I wouldn't go running to Twitter if this had happened to me. Ngozi clearly has an agenda, but that doesn't mean what was said to her (if it happened) was right, or not that bad.
If you go by what she says of the conversation the first 2 times she was asked she did not answer where she was from but the organization she was with which makes me suspicious I think she set out to bait an elderly woman

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.