Harry & Meghan #267 The Not So Fresh Prince Of Bel Air

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am happy to announce that I have not listened to a single one of her podcasts.

But I keep track of their flopping. Always.

US:
View attachment 1754579

UK:
View attachment 1754583

Canada:
View attachment 1754590

What happened Canada? Did the bots not get paid?

Australia, New Zealand, Ireland:

Not in the Top 100.
Do we have any Canadians on here? I read something the other day where a Canadian was saying that the pair of them had dropped off the face of the earth in Canada.
After the initial Megxit flurry when they first went there, there was a lot of jokey interest such as would they settle in Ontario or wherever and who would be lumbered with them but has waned to the point that they’re not even mentioned any more.
Basically, they don’t exist there and there’s absolutely no interest in them at all.
I think it may have been on Quora.
I certainly hope this is true and that the rest of the world catches up with sensible and wise Canada

Reactions: 29
I can tell you this bizarrely, (OH is a Scot). wash the hair of sporran never the hide, no shampoo, then swing it outside , dab with a cloth for excess moisture, comb very gently. Never wash a Kilt. Once boots are polished , to get really glossy shine, they should be buffed with a shin bone of a stag .!!
(These jobs are not my department btw !)
Never?! You mean, like, never ever?! 🤢

The stakes have been raised...

There is only one man who can save us...

View attachment 1754993
I’d love to see him in a waistcoat doing a mini Southgate pose!

Come on, Lions 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 and Dragons! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
To all our American Tattlers (happy thanksgiving eve 😁), this is completely off topic but I'd quite like a complete run down of your thanksgiving menus (pretty please).

Also, what is gravy? And why isn't it brown like what we have here in the UK? Please and thankyou.
I love Thanksgiving, it's about sharing food, and being grateful-what's not to love. Before my husband and I separated I use to cook for my best friend's family and any other peeps who needed a place. I think my largest dinner was for about 25 people and it took days to cook. Tomorrow it will just be my poodles and I; last year I ordered pizza which was depressing. So this year I am making a small but decent dinner. Instead of turkey, I am making a roasted Cornish Game Hen with cornbread stuffing (also contains onion,celery, sausage, fresh corn, cranberries and toasted pinenuts). What is gravy? Gravy is the best part of Thanksgiving dinner, so I am not scrimping. I am roasting a turkey wing for pan drippings and chopped turkey for the gravy. My gravy starts with a bacon rue so it has a smokey flavor and also contains chopped bacon and chopped sage, turkey broth, dry vermouth and cream. This give the gravy a golden color rather than brown. Since it is dinner for one, I am not making mashed potatoes, or baked sweet potatoes or yams (I don't like the marshmellow thing so I use to serve baked sweet potatoes finished with black pepper and sour cream which is a nice contrast). I am simply roasting some carrots finished with balsamic for my side dish and a little green salad. (My side dishes for my big dinners included sauteed green beans with pancetta, garlic, leaks, toasted pine nuts and lemon and orange zest, and glazed carrots with white wine, fresh orange juice and cardamom.) No pie-sigh. There will be copius amounts of white wine and probably some cognac.
P.S. When shopping yesterday I was flabbergasted by the price of fresh turkey, moderate sized turkeys were $75 and up. Food prices are terrible. 🥴

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
To all our American Tattlers (happy thanksgiving eve 😁), this is completely off topic but I'd quite like a complete run down of your thanksgiving menus (pretty please).

Also, what is gravy? And why isn't it brown like what we have here in the UK? Please and thankyou.

(DanDan is on a low sodium diet and lives vicariously through others food)
Here goes - starters are various cheeses and crackers, shrimp cocktail then turkey with herb stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy made in turkey pan (flour based), candied yams, green bean casserole, pearl onions in white cream sauce, mashed turnips and for dessert, pumpkin pie with whipped cream, apple and blueberry pies with ice cream. I think that's it!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Do we have any Canadians on here? I read something the other day where a Canadian was saying that the pair of them had dropped off the face of the earth in Canada.
After the initial Megxit flurry when they first went there, there was a lot of jokey interest such as would they settle in Ontario or wherever and who would be lumbered with them but has waned to the point that they’re not even mentioned any more.
Basically, they don’t exist there and there’s absolutely no interest in them at all.
I think it may have been on Quora.
I certainly hope this is true and that the rest of the world catches up with sensible and wise Canada
I think it was BookWorm. They went to Canada but left very shortly afterwards for L.A. where they had meetings already lined up for their new life in the US. The RF knew but issued a statement that the Stoats loved the Commonwealth so had gone to Canada to show support.

This was when they kidnapped the fake Lauren /Lorren Zimbabwean nanny who allegedly had no idea where she was going, so had no Canadian visa as a RF employee, and no say in the trip. It was all lies but covered up by the RF.

That's why there was silence over their stay there and no sightings, although they took the opportunity to bankrupt Splash! Agency while they were there, in an ambush imo like the Thomas Markle Rosarito ambush.
So much has been covered up for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
I've just started binge-watching a tv show that was really popular back when I was a few minutes younger and still dreamt of love and romance 😂

Like others of its time, the show had a fiesty heroine who kept falling (off ladders, buildings, just tripping, once the hero helped her fall an entire floor like first to ground), and an otherwise-curmudgeonly hero who melted every time he caught her. Then a breeze would blow and they would be caught in an intense eyelock (transl. intensely gazing into each other's eyes) since they couldn't show actual kissing (cultural thing, plus the whole will they won't they tension).

This show was actually a little different in that the hero and heroine would often hug or hold hands in front of other family members.

It was all very cringe and is still very cringe.

But having watched just three episodes has reminded me of how dark the Gruesomes have made everything. All that clawing and glaring into each other's eyes (which have no depth really), the smirks and the sulks. Such a dark energy even in the lovebombing era. And at least for me it has sort of piled on to my own perception and (not very positive) experience of these things.

I used to like this show and the romance, cringey as it was, because once the angst was over, and even when it wasn't, the leads were light and fluffy, if that makes sense. Working together to get through things, a smile or at least some funny snark when things were bad. They were a team even when they were fighting.

William and Catherine seem to be a much more realistic and far less cringe version of these characters 😂♥🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 25
That footage! You can see the aides rushing to usher them into the other room but then it was too late as the Queen was then heading into the other room so they then had to hold Haz and TW back into their proper ranks… after the Queen, Charles etc. Haz should have known, and respected, his rank but obviously she knows best (not).
It is pretty amazing because usually with the RF everything runs like a well oiled machine and you never see the mechanics of who is where or how they get there. It was the same with the Jubilee church service where they had the Royals standing up in the aisle and shuffling along to the correct seats, would never normally happen.
On a different note, I also feel sorry for whoever put the display together that the Senior Royals were meant to look at. They were so obviously mightily pissed off by then with the gruesome twosome that they only spent about ten seconds looking at it.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Bookworm.

Thank you Lady Muck.

BookWorm isn't going to comment about the S.A. visit yet, is doing some research.

Regarding her previous video and the people backing the Stoats, she's even more convinced that there's more to it than meets the eye.
On the RFK award, its disgusting. KK spouts a load of rubbish and lies.What does Structural Racism mean? KK knows nothing of RF history.

At Megxit the Stoats said they left because they wanted privacy and their own lives. No mention of racism. The RF bent over backwards endlessly for the Stoats. Invitations endlessly given but turned down. KC to our irritation and frustration has not given up. He's added more CoS instead of kicking the Stoat out, so the Stoat keeps his CoS title.

The Stoats are race-baiters causing division and making a mockery of all the hard work that's genuinely been done to tackle racism. They are a disgrace, and are insane or have their own agenda.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Last word on Thanksgiving:
Opps, I forgot about hors d'oeuvres, beside the typical charcuterie stuff, I loved to make spicy pumpkin soup served in 3 ounce glass mugs finished with a Mexican creama and toasted peptitas, it was a fun appetizer because folks could stand around talking and sipping their soup before sitting down at the table. I miss cooking for people, can you tell?

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I've been wondering how a sporran is cleaned and cared for.
Does Lt.Col. Johnny Thompson clean his own or does he have a minion to do it?
Are the things shampooed and blown dry?
I've heard that Johnny boy is very particular about who touches his sporrans.
He uses a sensitive shampoo then I believe they are left to dry gently swaying in the breeze until they return to their former glory. 😍 🤭

Edit .... I now see @planetmirth beat me to it and may be more accurate than me as she is Scotish. I am only half Scotish so maybe only half right.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Tuesday will be quite a day. Wonder what Smeg might come up with to try and overshadow this impressive line-up.

Three Queens, a future Queen, and Sophie in the middle of it all. And Smeg could have had this sort of thing too, but couldn't see the bigger picture.

Hope Queen Rania will head on to Boston afterwards for Earthshot.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Just saw this post by Marklenews1 on Instagram.

Lots of thoughts, but the main one is - am I just exhausted or is the grammar here not really good? And will he donate or has he already done it?

ETA: If anyone gifted me one of these, I would know that they really hate me 😂😂 Ghosting is kinder than passing on copies of the Gruesomes' gruesomeness in tangible form, people!
I personally can’t wait to get my hands on this book
When it’s in the 50p bargain basket in Poundland. I can put it with The Bench and Phillip Schofields book also costing 50p
Saves me money on buying a step to reach the shelves 🤣

I've heard that Johnny boy is very particular about who touches his sporrans.
He uses a sensitive shampoo then I believe they are left to dry gently swaying in the breeze until they return to their former glory. 😍 🤭

Edit .... I now see @planetmirth beat me to it and may be more accurate than me as she is Scotish. I am only half Scotish so maybe only half right.
What about his sporran🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Just saw this post by Marklenews1 on Instagram.

Lots of thoughts, but the main one is - am I just exhausted or is the grammar here not really good? And will he donate or has he already done it?

ETA: If anyone gifted me one of these, I would know that they really hate me 😂😂 Ghosting is kinder than passing on copies of the Gruesomes' gruesomeness in tangible form, people!
Oh dear I may need to wander in and give them my patented Stink Eye™️. I live near Bridport and this is one of my local bookshops. They’ll quail I tell ya😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.